Monotype Teambuilding Competition V2 Cycle 16 - Infernape + Fletchinder [Voting Stage]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dharma

komorebi
is a Top Artist

Heliolisk:

Heliolisk @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Hyper Voice

One of the pokemon in the core, Heliolisk is great special attacker, and paired with the Life Orb, can hit stuff pretty damn hard. Its ability Dry Skin lets it switch into any water type moves that tries to touch Rotom-Heat. It also acts as a fast pivot with Volt Switch, with HP Ice for the likes of Landorus and Garchomp, and Focus Blast for Steel types that can usually take both of its stab moves pretty well. Grass Knot is preferred over Hyper Voice so that it can handle Mega Swampert.

Rotom-Heat:

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Pain Split

The second pokemon in the core, Rotom-Heat provides a vital resistance to Ground as well as a way to hit Grass types which Electric types usually have a problem with. Will-o lets it cripple physical attackers while Pain Split is there to give it somewhat reliable healing in a pinch (Chansey <3).

Zapdos:

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic

Zapdos is a great special sponge that has access to reliable recovery. Toxic is for stallers like Gastrodon and Porygon2. Heliolisk and Mega Manectric don't appreciate Sticky Webs and rocks make it hard to pivot effectively, which is where Defog comes in. The slow Volt Switch is for safely bringing in a teammate after hazards are gone.

Mega Manectric:

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Overheat
- Protect

Due to the team being more on the offensive side, Mega Manectric is the mega of choice. It has a great special attack stat, and with Intimidate, can help wear down wallbreakers like Mega Medicham. HP Ice helps with ground and dragon types, and Protect is there to ensure a safe turn to mega and to scout out moves. Overheat can ohko Excadrill and Volt Switch is used to pivot into a teammate.

Magnezone:

Magnezone @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave

Magnezone is a great special attacker and has a really handy ability for taking out opposing steel types. Air Balloon lets it switch into an Excadrill's Earthquake, and deal a huge chunk to it with HP Fire. Max speed is used to outspeed the likes of Adamant Mega Scizor and Adamant Bisharp. Thunder Wave can be great at crippling fast sweepers.

Thundurus:

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Thunder Punch

Thundurus sits at a great speed tier, outspeeding a lot of mons. Prankster Taunt can help prevent sweepers from setting up. Thundurus runs a physical set so that the entire team doesn't become Chansey bait.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6ti
Charge + Volt Switch Team

Rotom-Heat @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Foul Play
- Charge
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Heliolisk (M) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Charge
- Parabolic Charge
- Volt Switch

Ampharos-Mega (F) @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Charge
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Volt Switch

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Charge
- Volt Switch
- Defog
- Heat Wave

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Charge
- Volt Switch
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon

Pikachu (F) @ Light Ball
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Charge
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Signal Beam

All: So the idea is that you set up the charge, then you volt switch, then you set up the charge then you volt switch, then you set up the charge then you use a different move also. There. GG no re. Electric mono sucks so I am not putting any effort into this crap.

I wish i didn't have to do this, but if you, or anyone else, posts a bad team with no effort put into it/full gimmicks again then i'm going to have to add them to a blacklist for at least 2 cycles.

I wish i didn't have to do this, but if you, or anyone else, posts a bad team with no effort put into it/full gimmicks again then i'm going to have to add them to a blacklist for at least 2 cycles.
I actually have been getting good matches and even won against another electric team in a tourny, which I failed to get the video for. I chose the pokemon with intent but the sets were made for fun, it actually is not bad.

I actually have been getting good matches and even won against another electric team in a tourny, which I failed to get the video for. I chose the pokemon with intent but the sets were made for fun, it actually is not bad.
I think next time friend, I would at the very least provide more in depth descriptions. Especially since you built around a very strange/almost never used concept (which is in Charge), it would be nice to see your thought process behind your teambuilding. Next time, take some time before right away making a post and getting it done in 5 minutes or less. I apologize for you being blacklisted, however, this may be a good time to really practice/perhaps take time to practice teambuilding in general, since I can tell you're definitely new to (which don't get me wrong isn't bad, but I'd probably learn a bit about the metagame before you jump right in. What's the point of making a thought out post if you don't have a ton of knowledge, you know?).

akaFila

butterscotch love

Heliolisk @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Def / 128 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Overheat
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch

Electivire @ Assault Vest
Ability: Vital Spirit
Jolly Nature
- Quick Attack
- Power-Up Punch
- Ice Punch
- Wild Charge

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Volt Switch
- Heat Wave

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Wild Charge

Firstly, Helio is so bad it's not even funny..
While other took the route of adding to the lackluster firepower of Heliolisk, I went another direction and gave Helio an Air Balloon to essentially give it immunity to both Water and Ground(Though temporary). Yes it lacks the extra punch to really deal damage, but this offers me an extra ground avoidance and extends Helio's lifespan at least a turn.

Needed a slot that could sponge up physical hits, so simply transferred the common max Def investment Rotom-W and swapped the sig moves.

Wanted further offensive potential from a physical standpoint, and Electivire looked interesting at least. Vire doesn't have much bulk to speak of at all, but for this I decided to run Assault Vest just for extra measure and to allow the freedom of running Quick Attack. Ice/Wild are the staple coverage and STAB. Power-Up Punch was something I wanted to take on a test run as opposed to the inaccurate Cross Chop. PuP + Quick Attack shenanigans. Vital Spirit was my ability of choice to deal with Brelooms attempting to get Spore off and for those random Sleep Powder encounters.

With the physical portion of my offense running, I was in need of a special beatstick. While I could have gone the route of a mega or choicezone, I decided against Mane/Amph/Magne in favor of Specs Raikou. With both solid natural Spe/SpAtk, Specs really helps Rai smash into things. Set is fairly standard. Extrasensory offers a means to hit MegaSaur and HP Grass covers Swampert/Gastro/Seis problems.

Simply staple for electric, and I needed sponge to take special hits. Max SpDef to pair off of physical Def Rotom. Standard set.

Physical offensive presence is something lacking on Electric, so I chose to double up with the last slot with physical LO Thundurus. Stand Twave+3 set. Knock Off/Superpower are simply necessary in the normal game.

Tfw forgot about this ending and rushing to get a post in..

Last edited:
Congrats to Dece1t for (finally) winning this cycle! I was away and didn't do a poll so i'll hopefully have one started soon.
izaya: 1
stun: 4
terrors: 2
escoffier: 1
hannibalism: 2

Edit: poll is up, vote for rock, ground, or steel!

Last edited:
Congrats to Dece1t for (finally) winning this cycle! I was away and didn't do a poll so i'll hopefully have one started soon.
izaya: 1
stun: 4
terrors: 2
escoffier: 1
hannibalism: 2

Edit: poll is up, vote for rock, ground, or steel!
About time xD

Seo.

Nice guys always finish last...
Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Rock Slide
- Will-O-Wisp

Zygarde @ Lum Berry
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Recover

Diggersby @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Return
- Wild Charge
- Quick Attack

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Coming Soon!

Zygarde @ Leftovers
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Coil
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Magma Armor
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Ancient Power
- Earth Power

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Recover
- Toxic

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Tail

Landorus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Psychic
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Outrage

So basically the first two mons are the core. One of the sets that looks interesting on zygarde was the sub coil set, basically beating bulkier builds. Mega Camerupt was chosen to be a regular attacker and a stealth rocks user and it basically also wallbreaks. The first mon that was added was Gastrodon giving a nice switchin to water moves that also makes a pretty good wincon with acid armor, however this set doesnt include acid armor. Seismitoed will probably fit better but i didn't want this team to look to similar to the ccat that happened recentlyish, so yeah. This team was weak to bd azumarill which is why tankchomp was added. Since Mega cam already set rocks tankchomp was free to run stone edge and act like the skarmdos breaker of the team. After that I decided to go sandless (again because of that ccat :\) and so I threw on landorus. Its a nice special attacker that helps ground a ton and im sure everyone here knows what it does. Lastly I decided to add a choice scarf krookodile since psychic has been running around a lot recently and it makes a nice late game cleaner once garchomp / zygarde / landorus / cam have done their thing. Feel free to change the last slot to mamoswine for the added ice resist and another great cleaner but i prefered krook because psychic and moxie :x

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Grass] / Ancient Power / Toxic / Hidden Power [Ice]

Zygarde @ Choice Band
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe or 20 HP / 252 Atk / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge / Superpower

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spe or
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Earthquake / Taunt
- Roost / Taunt

Mamoswine @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Spear / Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Ice Shard
- Knock Off / Ice Shard

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Acid Armor / Toxic
- Recover
- Scald
- Earthquake

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Psychic / Focus Blast
- Focus Blast / Rock Slide / Grass Knot / U-Turn

coming soon

Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power
- Will-O-Wisp

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
EVs: 112 HP / 216 Atk / 4 SpD / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard
- Superpower

Hippowdon @ Eject Button
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off

Excadrill @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor

Zygarde @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Outrage

Landorus @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind

As soon as I saw this posted, I quite literally freaked out, because I had the perfect team for this! I used this team on the ladder, and not only did it manage to make Top 10, it had a staggering 24-0 win streak, and an incredible 89 GXE (90 if you round up hehe). I was originally gonna RMT this eventually, but, I suppose I could do it for this since I'm in the mood.

Bragging aside, the original aim of this team was to create a HO Ground Team (something very seldom seen, as most are Balanced/Bulky Offensive oriented). I initially decided to run no Water Absorber, because truthfully, I didn't like either of them very much, and I felt Zygarde fit the archetype I was aiming for better, while also giving me a surprisingly more threatening option to have a chance to sweep Water Teams in particular.

Camerupt is my favorite Mega to run on Ground, as its part fire-typing can bring a couple nice benefits--a strong offensive STAB that works great on Ground teams, a WoW sponge, and a great option for a Special Wallbreaker. This set was one I made back in the time where I won my first Core Challenge. Fire Blast and Earth Power are my STAB attacks, Rock Slide to 100% (so long as it doesn't miss, at least) check Mega Charizard Y and Volcarona (hence why it's used over Ancient Power, once Volcarona gets a Quiver Dance boost, it is merely a 2KO). It also allows me to hit Air Balloon Heatran, and get it grounded. Will-O-Wisp was once regarded as a very strange option, and out of the norm, however there's a reason why I ran it initially--Camerupt makes to be a nifty lure, and can attract it mons like Azumarill, Gyarados, Garchomp, ect, and burn them on siwtchin. The EVs allow it to creep base 30 Pokemon such as Slowbro and Ferrothorn.

I was first introduced to Zygarde through the Monotype Teambuilding Workshop, where a team I requested used it, and I fell in love with it since then. Coupled with great bulk, and valuable Defensive typing, its not hard to get at least 1 Dragon Dance boost on it. It helps a ton vs Water, and I feel offensively can threaten it better than Gastrodon or even Seismitoad. He also acts as a secondary Mega Charizard Y check, and he is unfortunately my only check to Azumarill, who it is the only Pokemon on the team to get 2KO'd by a +6 Aqua Jet. Outrage is the main STAB, which hits incredibly hard at +1 or more, Earthquakes the secondary, and Stone Edge is for general coverage. I use a Dragon Dance set over Coil because I feel it threatens a lot more when coupled with the speed boost, and allows it to act brilliantly as a late game sweeper.

Mamoswine I feel is one of the most valuable things to run on a Ground team, since thanks to its ability, Thick Fat, it is resistant to Ice Attacks, and it provides, in my opinion, one of the best priority moves in the game (since so many common threats in the metagame are 4x weak to it). It also provides a win con against Flying, Dragon, Grass, and Ice. Earthquake is my main STAB, and Icicle Spear, my secondary, is used over Icicle Crash because it is a multi-hit attack, allowing it to break substitutes (namely from Whimsicott and Gliscor), often bypass Focus Sashes, and once you've hit 4, you've already done more damage than Icicle Crash (and if your lucky to get 5, it 2KO's Skarmory). Superpower is used over Knock Off to 2KO Chansey, and do a dent of damage to Porygon2. It also allows me to hit Ice types Super Effectively. Knock Off can be used instead if you'd like, however.

Hyper Offense on a Ground team I feel makes it necessary to make it a Sand-based team, as Excadrill is one of the most dangerous sweepers in the game. So, that being said, I'm running an Eject Button Hippowdon, something I started to use since Smooth Rock was banned. This gave me a chance to give Excadrill one damageless switchin, or swipe momentum to my side of the field and immediatley send in someone else to give me the upper hand. It has enough bulk to just about take any attack, and be able to do that so I can preserve it to keep Sand around for as long as possible. The rest of the set is self explanitory, as otherwise, he is my hazard setter, and emergency phazer.

As I mentioned above, under sand Excadrill is one of the most fearsome sweepers in the game, and Ground is blessed to have access to it at its best! I prefer to personally run Choice Band over Life Orb, because I don't like the recoil, especially since I more than often switch it into weak attacks and get it sweeping at any possible moment I can. The set from there is pretty self explanatory, however I run X-Scissor because Latios + Slowbro on a Psychic Team together can often be a hassle especially if you're choice locked, so being able to hit both and get at least a 2KO saves you a lot of trouble. It also helps a little in the Grass matchup.

Landorus was the last Pokemon I decided on, because outside of Mega Camerupt, I was severely lacking on special attackers. Sure, I could of ran Seismitoad, but there are a few huge reasons as to why I chose this instead. 1, good Speed Tier (which I was lacking without Sand or Zygarde being boosted), 2 can wreck Steel (funny story, I often have trouble against this, even though on paper I have the advantage. Camerupt can often be too slow and gets worn down too quick by tanking hits/hazards to often get what I need done, Landorus has the ability to quite literally 6-0 if you give it the chance), and it gave me a reliable check to both Fighting (which otherwise I would probably lose to) and Mega Venusaur. Again, the set is self explanatory aside from all that, however I run Calm Mind to make it a much more threatening Wallbreaker, not to mention I don't see a need to run Gravity (Electric I essentially auto-win against, and Flying isn't hard with a combination of itself, Mamoswine, Camerupt, Excadrill, and SR). It also gives me a Ground immunity, which really helps out Camerupt and Excadrill

As I mentioned in the description, I was eventually gonna RMT it since it had great accomplishments, since I saw this I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to. Here's some evidence to back up the stuff I was bragging about, as well as some replays.

Unfortunatley I can't find the screenshot for my 89 GXE anywhere, however it was around the same time Paleo hit 90+ GXE with his Gauntlet alt.

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-355349941 vs Psychic
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-355069716 vs Normal (peak replay)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-354475972 vs Dark
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-354468507 vs Dragon
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-353506870 vs Bug
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-353490565 vs SS Water
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-353488251 vs Fairy

Water Teams, especially Swift Swim ones, are extremely challenging to face. Especially with no Mega Garchomp, I lose to this the most. The best you can do is save Zygarde for as long as you can, since it's neutral to its STABs, and save it late game to hopefully sweep. Also be sure to save Landorus and Excadrill for as long as possible (and Hippowdon at that), so you can attempt to sweep as much as possible. In general though, just be really on your toes for that one.
T
his mon is just annoying. How I usually deal with it is have Hippowdon lead against it, get the Sand/SR damage,and once its sash is broken send Landorus in to finish it off.

Combined with unexpected bulk, speed, and a deadly movepool, this can often be a hassle to get around. Your best bet is to either have Excadrill get into it safely and OHKO it, if not, send Zygarde in/have it boosted prior.

This guy on flying can often be excruciating to face if it has already boosted. Usually either Excadrill or Zygarde can take care of it if it's only at +1 (since most do not run max speed). On switchin though, Camerupt can often WoW it and make it much easier to handle.

Charizard is a mon that I consider a lot a threat that must always be checked on almost all of my teams. Coupled with a good speed tier, threatening offensive attacks (Fire Blast and Solar Beam in particular), and Drought (which deactivates sandstorm), its understandable as to why I'm often scared facing this thing. Zygarde is my primary check, being able to OHKO with Stone Edge, however, Camerupt can often check it on emergency (but I normally don't like to get it super worn down).
The immunity to ground can be pretty annoying, along with the exceptional speed tier, and finicky coverage attacks. Excadrill however, can usually handle this, just be careful especially if it has Surf.

Kyurem is a challenge, especially predicting its set. If it's scarf, that's typically easy to take care of, since you can quickly send in someone to sponge an attack, and it'll be locked to it. LO however if a different story, and it has the ability to at least 2KO everyone on the team, Exadrill however can check it, and on both types its on it's hard to switch into. On dragon though, it'll usually come in on Mamo to take an ice attack, so be mindful of that.
With a defensive spread, it's hard to 2KO at times, and with an offensive spread, it can easily 2KO Excadrill, it's no wonder why this is so threatening. Landorus or Zygarde can usually deal with it, but it's good to note that under sand, Synthesis only heals 1/3 of its HP as opposed to 1/2.

scpinion

Insanity
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...de-building-stage.3572102/page-8#post-6930728
Dece1t

Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power
- Will-O-Wisp

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
EVs: 112 HP / 216 Atk / 4 SpD / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard
- Superpower

Hippowdon @ Eject Button
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off

Excadrill @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor

Zygarde @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Outrage

Landorus @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind

Last edited:

Dharma

komorebi
is a Top Artist

Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Will-O-Wisp
- Ancient Power

Zygarde @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

Seismitoad @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Knock Off
- Hydro Pump
- Sludge Wave
- Grass Knot

Garchomp @ Leftovers
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 240 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Claw

Landorus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Gravity
- Focus Blast

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Mega-Camerupt:

Mega-Camerupt is an excellent wall breaker, and with Sheer Force boosted dual stab, can deal massive damage to any opponent, outside of Chansey. Ancient Power ohko's Mega Charizard Y, something that the team has a problem against. Will-O-Wisp can help shut down a physical attscker that tries to switch in on Mega Camerupt, such as Gyarados.

Zygarde:

I decided to go for the Dragon Dance set on Zygarde, as it makes it a great late game sweeper once its checks are gone. Lum Berry lets it cure its status after Outrage, and Extreme Speed gives it a great way of hitting fast mons at low health.

Seismitoad:

Every ground team needs a water check. Seismitoad is used over Gastrodon, since it outspeeds both of the team's major threats, Azumarill and Breloom. Grass Knot lets it ohko Mega Swampert, something found commonly on SS water, as well as letting it 2hko a specially defensive Swampert or Gastrodon. Sludge Wave is there to threaten both Azumarill and Breloom. Knock Off is used over Earth Power because the team ended up having a slight problem with the chansey-porygon core.

Garchomp:

Garchomp sits as a good speed tier, outspeeding all non-scarfed base 100 speed mons. Stealth Rock is used to pressure switches as well as to break sashes. Dragon Claw and Earthquake are there for STAB, with Fire Blast used for hitting certain mons like Skarmory, Ferrothorn and Avalugg.

Landorus-Incarnate:

Landorus is an exception special attacking wall breaker. Sheer Force Life Orb boosted moves along with respectable special attack stat can help hit a range of mons. Gravity is there to ease up the match up versus flying, and it also lets Landorus freely spam Earth Power.

Excadrill:

Seeing as though the team lacked a reliable choice scarf user, Excadrill seemed like the best option. It outspeeds slower scarf users like Heracross and Nidoking, and lets it outspeed Weavile, a huge threat to the team. Rapid Spin is there to get rid of any annoying hazards, and Rock Slide helps it hits opoosing Flying types that resist both of its stabs, like Zapdos and Gyarados.

Slowbro is a problem for the team, as it easily eats up Excadrill's, Zygarde's and Garchomp's attacks like nobody's business. Even without any special attack investment, it has a high chance of ohko'ing Mega Camerupt with Scald. Your best bet would be to spam Grass Knot with Seismitoad or Earth Power with Landorus.

The team has almost nothing to deal with choice specs Kingdra in rain. The best way to deal with it is to sack something to see what it would lock itself into, then switch to either Seismitoad or Excadrill depending on what it used. You can also run Protect on something to outlast rain a bit then try to revenge kill it hoping it doesn't switch out. You might as well just click X.

Fuck chansey.

Last edited:

akaFila

butterscotch love

HypeTrainMF (Zygarde) @ Leftovers
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Glare
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Substitute

BeGentleSenpai (Camerupt) (M) @ Cameruptite
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power
- Will-O-Wisp

ButtPlugPr0♠ (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Explosion
- U-turn

BukakkeMePlz (Gastrodon) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Stockpile
- Toxic
- Recover

Drownin'NPuss (Diggersby) (M) @ Choice Band
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack
- Fire Punch

OnlyUpTheButt (Mamoswine) (F) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

: Zygarde is a mon I've always enjoyed running on ground and was the focal point of this team's success through its career. Granted Zy has access to moves such as Dragon Dance/Coil/Extreme Speed/Etc.. but for my team in particular I wanted to abuse Zygarde's natural bulk and ability to run both Glare and Dragon Tail. This green dragon acts as both a physical sponge for the team as well as para-passer. This is key in the sense that it can cripple opposing threats, but Zygarde also sets up Diggersby and Camerupt for late game offensive pushes. Moveset: Glare/D-Tail are explained, EQ provides a solid STAB, and Substitute gives Zygarde the ability to abuse switches and safely sit untouched while getting of Glare or shuffling with D-Tail. Gastro/Zy/Rupt Core<3

: MegaRupt acts as the team's special beatstick. Having wanted to run Lando-T in a scarf role for this team, I needed something to take the place of LO Landorus. Set is basic in terms of choices. Fire Blast and Earth Power are your main STABs. Ancient Power serves as an out to CharY/Volcarona/Heatran(Balloon). Given MegaRupt's threatening potential to force switches, Wil-O-Wisp makes perfect use of the last move slot to punish your opponent on sloppy swaps. Gastro/Zy/Rupt Core<3

: Lacking any sort of speed at all, scarf Lando was ridiculously necessary. Also having an immunity tagout for ground hits on Megarupt is always nice. Everything here is pretty self explanatory until the final moveslot comes into play. Instead of running Knock Off/Superpower, I've been running Explosion since building this way tf back when. I'm a fan of little gimmicks here and there and a scarf Explosion is perfect for this<3

: Ground needs a sponge, simply as that. I've always been more of a fan of Gastrodon as opposed to Seis. Because I'm not basic af. This spread give Gastro decently rounded bulk, but where the set shines is in Stockpile. By sacrificing the answer for potential traps against SubMind Keldeo, I went with another innovative measure here to abuse the combination of Stock+natural bulk+Recover. Not even going to lie about the fact that boosted Gastro has won numerous games for me. Scald/Toxic/Recover are the staple slots. Gastro/Zy/Rupt Core<3

: No true physical beatstick? Problem solved. Diggersby hits like a truck and provides much needed priority in STAB Quick Attack. EV spread trades out speed investment in favor of HP to give Diggers enough bulk to take a solid hit. Where the team makes up for this lack of speed is Zygarde. Diggersby doesn't need the added speed so long as he can A) Absorb a hit B) Abuse crippled opponents. Frustration and EQ are your STABS and stop Ditto from going on a STAB normal tear. Quick Attack is your STAB Priority. Fire Punch was my final option considering Skarm+Ferrothorn are a pain in the ass for this team if Megarupt is down. Max HP allows Diggers to tank a Mach Punch from sash Breloom.

: Originally Hippowdon was filling this final slot as my hazard setter and extra sponge for physical hits, but that changed in a hurry after testing lead Mamoswine. Lacking hazards anywhere else, a user to set Stealth Rocks was ideal. By running Focus Sash, Mamo is allowed to safely set rocks or take a more offensive approach to tack on some damage through a guaranteed second hit. In addition, Mamo is key in the Dragon/Flying/Mirror matches while also boosting the odds in both Grass/Ice. Set is simple for given purpose. Rocks/Shard/Ice Crash/EQ. Though hardly comes up, Mamo can potentially abuse Zygarde's status shuffle w/ Icicle Crash paraflinch shenanigans.

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people

HypeTrainMF (Zygarde) @ Leftovers
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Glare
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Substitute

BeGentleSenpai (Camerupt) (M) @ Cameruptite
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power
- Will-O-Wisp

ButtPlugPr0♠ (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Explosion
- U-turn

BukakkeMePlz (Gastrodon) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Stockpile
- Toxic
- Recover

Drownin'NPuss (Diggersby) (M) @ Choice Band
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack
- Fire Punch

OnlyUpTheButt (Mamoswine) (F) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

: Zygarde is a mon I've always enjoyed running on ground and was the focal point of this team's success through its career. Granted Zy has access to moves such as Dragon Dance/Coil/Extreme Speed/Etc.. but for my team in particular I wanted to abuse Zygarde's natural bulk and ability to run both Glare and Dragon Tail. This green dragon acts as both a physical sponge for the team as well as para-passer. This is key in the sense that it can cripple opposing threats, but Zygarde also sets up Diggersby and Camerupt for late game offensive pushes. Moveset: Glare/D-Tail are explained, EQ provides a solid STAB, and Substitute gives Zygarde the ability to abuse switches and safely sit untouched while getting of Glare or shuffling with D-Tail. Gastro/Zy/Rupt Core<3

: MegaRupt acts as the team's special beatstick. Having wanted to run Lando-T in a scarf role for this team, I needed something to take the place of LO Landorus. Set is basic in terms of choices. Fire Blast and Earth Power are your main STABs. Ancient Power serves as an out to CharY/Volcarona/Heatran(Balloon). Given MegaRupt's threatening potential to force switches, Wil-O-Wisp makes perfect use of the last move slot to punish your opponent on sloppy swaps. Gastro/Zy/Rupt Core<3

: Lacking any sort of speed at all, scarf Lando was ridiculously necessary. Also having an immunity tagout for ground hits on Megarupt is always nice. Everything here is pretty self explanatory until the final moveslot comes into play. Instead of running Knock Off/Superpower, I've been running Explosion since building this way tf back when. I'm a fan of little gimmicks here and there and a scarf Explosion is perfect for this<3

: Ground needs a sponge, simply as that. I've always been more of a fan of Gastrodon as opposed to Seis. Because I'm not basic af. This spread give Gastro decently rounded bulk, but where the set shines is in Stockpile. By sacrificing the answer for potential traps against SubMind Keldeo, I went with another innovative measure here to abuse the combination of Stock+natural bulk+Recover. Not even going to lie about the fact that boosted Gastro has won numerous games for me. Scald/Toxic/Recover are the staple slots. Gastro/Zy/Rupt Core<3

: No true physical beatstick? Problem solved. Diggersby hits like a truck and provides much needed priority in STAB Quick Attack. EV spread trades out speed investment in favor of HP to give Diggers enough bulk to take a solid hit. Where the team makes up for this lack of speed is Zygarde. Diggersby doesn't need the added speed so long as he can A) Absorb a hit B) Abuse crippled opponents. Frustration and EQ are your STABS and stop Ditto from going on a STAB normal tear. Quick Attack is your STAB Priority. Fire Punch was my final option considering Skarm+Ferrothorn are a pain in the ass for this team if Megarupt is down. Max HP allows Diggers to tank a Mach Punch from sash Breloom.

: Originally Hippowdon was filling this final slot as my hazard setter and extra sponge for physical hits, but that changed in a hurry after testing lead Mamoswine. Lacking hazards anywhere else, a user to set Stealth Rocks was ideal. By running Focus Sash, Mamo is allowed to safely set rocks or take a more offensive approach to tack on some damage through a guaranteed second hit. In addition, Mamo is key in the Dragon/Flying/Mirror matches while also boosting the odds in both Grass/Ice. Set is simple for given purpose. Rocks/Shard/Ice Crash/EQ. Though hardly comes up, Mamo can potentially abuse Zygarde's status shuffle w/ Icicle Crash paraflinch shenanigans.

You forgot about this gem of a replay. Tagging Eien for memes.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/origin-monotype-280978

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)