Project Monotype Teambuilding Competition V3.2 [index]

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
***Hyper Offense Dark Team***

Krookodile @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn

Bisharp @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Hydreigon @ Expert Belt
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Taunt
- Fire Blast
- Superpower
- Dark Pulse

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Overview
This is a hyper offensive team with krookodile and Mega tyranitar which is the best set up sweeper that dark has to offer. I went on to build HO team since it just puts so much offensive presence on the opponent and it is fun archetype to play with.
Krookodile : It's the lead Pokemon of the team to set up stealth Rock and taunt opposing leads. Knock off is a good utility move that cripples walls while earthquake is a stab move that hits decently hard. Focus sash is used so as to guarantee stealth Rock and possibly attack the next turn.
Mega Tyranitar : It is the set up sweeper of the team with Dragon dance which makes it a threatening set up sweeper. Stone edge and Earthquake provides it good coverage to hit a plethora of types for super effective damage. Fire punch allows it to break through steel types easily such as Celesteela, Skarmory and ferrothorn.
Greninja: Next I added Greninja as a speed control for the team with a scarf set. Since the team has Crawduant I decided to drop hydro pump on the team for toxic spikes to take advantage of switches that Greninja forces and to break down bulky builds easily such as normal. U-turn is to gain momentum while allowing to bring in a wall breaker safely. Ice beam and gunk shot allows it to check dragon,ground and fairy types.
Bisharp: Bisharp is the another set up sweeper on the team that breaks down common checks to other physical Pokemon on the team which ultimately results in a sweep if things go well. It's stab iron head is helpful to check fairy types such as clefable and azumarill. Sucker punch is a good priority move that allow it to pick off faster pokemon. Darkiniumz and swords dance makes it possible for bisharp to open up big holes on the opposing team.
Hydrei: I'm a stall breaker set that particularly deals or breaks Pokemon such as chansey with taunt and superpower. This set is also helpful vs Pokemon such as Celesteela and ferrothorn as both are crippled by a taunt. Expert belt is used to increase the damage of Super effective moves.
Crawduant: Crawduant is an amazing wall brekaer thanks to its ability adaptability. Life Orb and swords Dance turns it into a monster as nothing can switch in safely.

Last edited:
**Bulky Offense**

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Tomb

Greninja @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory
- Dark Pulse

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Def / 248 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Fire Blast

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

This is a team i built around
a while ago, Choice Scarf
is probably one of its most slept on set, personally I find it a very useful cleaner that can also get a sweep going due to its access to Moxie, I decided to use Stealth Rock on Krookodile because of the switches it can force, Rock Tomb was the filler i chose to hit
and
relatively hard. Protean
eases up my match up against Mono-Fairy and Mono-Fighting, it also helps me against Mono-Fire.
should be used on every Mono-Dark team otherwise u practically auto lose against Mono-Fairy, it also checks Special Attackers relatively well, I opted to go for Fire Blast because my
is lacking Hidden Power Fire. I added
to remove hazards such as Spikes and Toxic Spikes which were otherwise looking like a pain to an extent, it's also my main check to Pokemon such as
, and
. I was lacking a good sweeper so i decided to add
, it has very useful coverage options in Earthquake and Fire Punch, easing up my match up against Mono-Steel and Mono-Electric. Lastly i was lacking a cleaner,
fills this role nicely as it can clean up with Sucker Punch and punish Defoggers.

Last edited:

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people

I already have a hyper offensive team built with Krookodile, so I'll just share it.
Krookodile @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Bisharp @ Steelium Z
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

Greninja @ Expert Belt
Hasty Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- U-turn

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Cacturne @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Thunder Punch

A fun little HO Dark team I built a while back and finally got the chance to use in tournament. The concept behind the team was basically to make an anti-meta Offensive Dark that can have a good matchup with a multitude of the top types. Krookodile is the team's lead Stealth Rocker and also a fairly annoying Pokemon for a multitude of teams to try and deal with right of the bat thanks to a combination of Taunt and Knock Off limiting the number of practical opposing leads and Intimidate and Focus Sash being an overall nuisance for whatever Pokemon Krook is facing. Next comes the first of the main driving offensive powerhouse duo, Double Dance Bisharp with Z-Iron Head. The idea behind this set is pretty self explanatory, just set up with a combination of SD and RP, break through the most troublesome opposing Pokemon with Corkscrew Crash, and then sweep. Not having Sucker Punch can be a pain sometimes and I've already ran into a couple scenarios where I wish I had Sucker over Knock, but having the ability to hard punish defensive cores, namely Normal's Evio core, is too good to pass up. This set can also find opportunities to sweep in the Fairy matchup as well, but it is a tad situational, only being able to reasonably setup on Klefki/Alolan Ninetales and Tapu Bulu if it happens to be choice-locked into Horn Leech or Stone Edge. I went with an Expert Belt Greninja next with the same moves as the Choice Scarf set in order to bluff being choice-locked and catch a favorable switch-in or get of a clutch U-turn to bring in one of my setup sweepers or a necessary check. The team's speed control comes in the form of Choice Scarf Hydreigon, which doesn't appear as often as other options so I decided to use this fact to my advantage. It carries standard STAB and Fire-type coverage, but with the addition of Flash Cannon, namely for taking care of Mega Diancie. The other half of my powerhouse duo, Mega Tyranitar, is just an absolute monster, being able to break open holes in a plethora of common defensive cores, pressure opposing offensive teams to find a response that can punch through Mega Ttar's defenses, and all together works as a pretty good late-game win condition. EdgeQuake is mandatory coverage for hitting as many types as possible for neutral damage and Ice Punch rounds out the set with a powerful answer to Pokemon like Landorus-T and Garchomp. Finally, the last member that rounds out the team is Cacturne, which seems like an odd pick when other SD sweepers can do much more damage on Dark such as Crawdaunt and Honchkrow, but in reality I don't think this archetype of Dark can really function without it. Why is Cacturne such a good pick-up in this type of team composition? 1). Cacturne can dismantle common Water cores on its own with a combination of Seed Bomb + Thunder Punch, taking a massive burden off of Dark. 2). Cacturne is a reliable check to Belly Drum Azumarill that always forces a switch else threatening a KO, which will always beat HO Dark otherwise with minimal support. 3). Cacturne can bait in Pokemon that can prove to be a pain for your team to break through and OHKO or 2HKO them, namely Celesteela and Toxapex.

Team:
Krookodile @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Taunt

Mandibuzz @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 204 Def / 28 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Defog

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Poison Jab
- Shadow Sneak
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide

Cacturne @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spiky Shield

Drapion @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Poison Jab
- Toxic Spikes
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory
- Gunk Shot
- Low Kick

Description: Balance Dark Team
The main goal of this team is to wear down your opponent with moves such as Toxic Spikes so that you have an easier time to finish off the weakened Pokémon (Pkm).

Krookodile

How To Use Him
- I usually lead him to set up Stealth Rock as fast as possible, and Taunt a Pkm if the circumstances require it.
- Sometimes, however, this idea might be very obvious for your opponent, so try to adapt to his team by using another Pkm that might help you against a possible leading Pkm. Most of the time, it's either Muk-Alola or Drapion because a) they're very bulky, and b) they spread poison. In the latter's case, that's very useful if you are facing Sableye-Mega in order to force him to use Recover more often and earlier.
- Now, some examples were you shouldn't use Krookodile at the beginning of a battle:
1) Ninetales-Alola can hurt him a lot with Moon Blast,
2) Sableye can cripple him with Will-O-Wisp
3) Bisharp profits from Intimidate as his ability Defiant raises his attack stats.

EVs Explanation:
- I wanted Krookodile to be as fast as possible so that he can Taunt a set-up monster.
- 248 HP and 8 Def makes him as bulky as possible so that I can abuse Intimidate and Rocky Helmet more often. The item is especially annoying to Pkm that likes to use U-Turn.
- Krookodile is not only meant as a leading Pkm, it should also be used to soften a physical move making contact.

Mandibuzz

How To Use Her:
- I use her if I want to get rid of annoying entry hazards; so she's the Defogger of the team, but also a physical tank.
- However, try to avoid Defog as much as possible if you've already set up Stealth Rock and/or Toxic Spikes. More about that later.
- Flyinium-Z makes it impossible for her to be crippled by the likes of Switcheroo or Trick. But not only that, it allows you to get rid off of weakened Pkm with a flying weakness or, at least, those with low defensive stats. Against Pkm that might use Leech Life or Drain Punch such as Araquanid or Conkeldurr, that's very useful because you don't have to use Roost so much, which would only make you weak against fighting or bug moves if the opponent is slower than you.

EVs explanation:
- 8 Atk is used to OHKO Keldeo almost every time with Brave Bird Flyinium-Z.
- You need, at least, 28 SpD to survive 2 Hydro Pump from Choice Scarf Keldeo almost every time. If it's the Choice Spec variant, you know you can heal the damage off with Roost and switch Mandibuzz with Cacturne the next turn as he has Water Absorb.
- 20 Spe is for out-speeding Venusaur, and the rest of the EVs goes into her bulk.

Muk-Alola

How To Use Him:
- Thanks to his bulk and Assault Vest, he sponges special attacks that might be very threatening to you average dark Pkm such as Focus Blast or Moon Blast.
- As for his moves, there's no Pursuit because with a team full of dark Pkm you likely won't have any problems with most of the psychic and ghost Pkm. Instead of this move, you have Rock Slide which might help you in your match-up against Charizard-Mega-Y or Volcarona that can be very threatening to your whole team as no one else can comfortably take a hit from them.

EVs Explanation:
- The chosen spread should make him as bulky as possible on the special side.

Cacturne

How To Use Him:
- I use him if Keldeo is choice-locked into a water move as thanks to Water Absorb it's immune to water moves. Keldeo in general may be very threatening to this team, so Cacturne allows me to play more safely with Mandibuzz.
- Spiky Shield is used for scouting purposes and for causing chip damages which combines well with Stealth Rock and Toxic Spikes and Leech Seed. Be careful about using Spiky Shield to often because if you are facing a set-up Pkm, it's better to outsmart your opponent and attack his Pkm.
- Hidden Power Fire is used to deal with some very pesky steel Pkm such as Ferrothorn or Scizor.

EVs Explanation:
- Timid nature is chosen to speed-tie with normal Scizor, but modest is also fine if you don't care much about that. But I prefer timid because in the rare event of a jolly Azumarill with the Belly Drum set, you can out-speed and take her out.
- 29 HP in IVs is for reaching a Life Orb number.

Drapion

How To Use Him:
- Drapion is the second physical tank, and it spreads poison with Toxic Spikes. One layer is usually enough because you likely won't get another opportunity! Toxic Spikes allows you to wear down your opponent so that later, Greninja can comfortably take out the weakened Pkm if possible.
- Sitrus Berry is used so that Choice Band Azumarill needs 3 Play Roughs to take him out most of the time.
- Earthquake is used so that Drapion isn't totally useless in a steel match-up.
- If you are facing a poisoned Diancie-Mega, you have two options:
a) If Drapion is healthy enough, you could use Earthquake.
b) If not, you could switch him with Muk-Alola to take a Moon Blast. Now, your opponent will likely use Diamond Storm. So in that case, switch to Drapion if it's relatively healthy enough. Or if Diancie-Mega is weakened enough, Shadow Sneak from Muk-Alola might be enough to finish her off.

EVs Explanation:
- 56 Spe allows Drapion to out-speed adamant Bisharp and 2HKO him with Earthquake
- The rest goes into his bulk, allowing him to survive almost any unboosted physical hit such as Earthquake from a jolly Garchomp-Mega.

Greninja

How To Use Him:
- Choice Scarf allows him to take out threatening, weakened Pkm such as Terrakion or Keldeo. It's also nice to get rid off Tapu Koko with Gunk Shot.
- Ice Beam is a must-have because it takes out Pkm such as Salamence if they've already used Dragon Dance, and hurts a lot of other Pkm in general.
- Extrasensory eases your match-up against poison and fighting Pkm.
- As this team is very weak to Ice Pkm such as Sandshrew-Alola or Kyurem-Black, Low Kick will deal huge damages. The first is OHKOed, the latter must be weakened at first in order for you to take him out. Stealth Rock usually helps.

EVs Explanation:
- EV spread is pretty self-explanatory. You want to hit as fast and as hard as possible.
- Naive nature is chosen so that you won't die so fast by a priority move such as Extreme Speed if Greninja is weakened.

Some Remarks
- This team tends to struggle with steel teams; in fact, it's the toughest match-up in my experiences. So if you worry about that, you could replace Greninja's move Low Kick with Hidden Power Fire or use Houndoom-Mega (Fire Blast, Dark Pulse, Sludge Bomb, Hidden Power Steel | Timid | 252 SpA, 4 SpV, 252 Spe) instead of Drapion. Sludge Bomb hurts Azumarill, and Hidden Power Steel gets rid of Diancie-Mega.
- On the plus side, it has a good match-up against fairy teams as their Pkm tends to have a lot of problems with Toxic Spikes, and not every player carries an entry hazard remover.
- So with that said, thank you very much for reading this post. I apologize if I made some grammatical mistakes as English isn't my mother tongue. And if you have any suggestions, feel free to voice your opinion.

Last edited:
The voting phase has ended, congratulations to Alpha-Harpreet for winning Cycle 29!

Alpha Harpreet: 7
Tornadus: 0
iLlama: 4
Blue Ray: 0

The next cycle will be up soon, tagging Acast to merge this with the Index thread

Namranan

:)))))))))))
Balance flying w/ Celesteela

Nothing too creative just a standard balance psychic team that uses celesteela.

Togekiss - A part of the teams speed control that comes with handy coverage moves in flamethrower, air slash, and dazzling gleam. Trick allows it to help break the normal eviolite core a little or to take away a prized item from the opponent.

Celesteela
- The main defensive tank on this team, takes many physical hits thanks to its typing and stats. The leech seed + protect combo will successfully stall foes and force some to switch out because of celesteela's hard hitting (in terms of BP anyway) heavy slam and fire blast for coverage.

Charizard-Y
- The staple special attacker of the team, what it lacks in speed it makes up for in wall breaking power. Nothing too different about this set, due to the nature of this team I decided that roost would be a better option over defog since there are other defoggers on the team anyway.

Skarmory
- Our main rock setter and setup canceler. With its also high defense, skarmory can setup rocks and sustain itself with roost to make sure they stay up. Due to skamory not being the only physical tank here, i decided that using rocky helmet over leftovers would be ideal as it will help skarmory stop injured spinners from clearing rocks.

Mantine
- The main specially defensive tank on the team. Sports as the only defogger as well and also is not running haze as skarmory already has whirlwind. Besides that this is just standard mantine.

Landorus-T
- The electric immunity and physical speed control of the team. Thanks to Lando's high attack it can usually clear many grounded threats with its powerful STAB earthquake. I deicded to use scarf over setup because of the knock off utility and helping more with the psychic and dark matchups with u-turn pivoting.

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Flamethrower
- Trick

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Fire Blast
- Heavy Slam

Mantine @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Defog
- Roost

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Last edited:

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Mega Aerodactyl + Celesteela Balance

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 196 SpD / 56 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Roost
- Earthquake

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Stealth Rock

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
Naive Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave

Mantine @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 16 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Haze
- Roost

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Protect

So I built this team with Celesteela and Mega Aerodactyl in mind since they both have amazing synergy. Celesteela on the team is seen with a stall breaker set that is also used to check threats like nihilego. Mega Aerodactyl is the speed control of the team thanks to its high base speed. I opted for an all out attckaer offense set with pursuit to take out Pokemon such as Victini which can otherwise be a trouble due to its wall breaking prowess. Next up I added Landorus to improve match up vs steel since the team is using Mega Aerodactyl. I have Landorus stealth Rock to compress roles and it forces switches so that goes well. Next I added Tornadus-T with its wall breaker set and knock off support which helps vs normal type teams. Mantine is the defogger of the team and a secondary check to Greninja which is a huge threat to flying mono teams. Gliscor was added to improve match up vs stall and normal teams with its classic stall breaker set. Hope you enjoy this team. Thank you.

Last edited:

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Grassy Terrain Flying ft Celesteela

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 124 SpD / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Defog
- Toxic
- Roost

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Superpower
- Extreme Speed

Jumpluff @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Grassy Terrain
- Leech Seed
- Memento
- Sleep Powder

Hawlucha @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics

This is a really fun squad thats totally out of the ordinary. In OU people have been abusing terrain+seed lucha to automatically get the unburden boost and it thought that its actually fire, so I went around building a squad for Monotype with this idea. This is the only type where hawlucha can access terrain and only through a niche setter. Jumpluff puts mons to sleep, sets up terrain, spams leech seed and when its time for Hawlucha to clean it can z memento in Hawlucha making the setup easier. Naturally this tea, doesnt really struggle against Steel so I replaced Flamethrower on Celesteela for Giga Drain which would help me take out annoying Ground and Water's. Then Zapdos defogs and spreads Toxic, enough speed to outpace 295, aka Vincune and Nidoking and is a nice pivot for the team. I could have used Mega Char Y but I needed to role compress to I went with Mega Aero as my rocks setter and it doubles as a Pursuit trapper for hawlucha weakening potential switchins. hf with my flames.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)