Project Monotype Teambuilding Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. Asking for a team centered around a mon I've wanted to use for quite some time.

Salazzle (F) @ Firium Z / Life Orb
Ability: Corrosion
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Toxic
- Filler

You can change the moves however you like but I want either of the two items listed to be used on the final team.
If you must, you can also change the Ev's

I want a team around salazzle because it would be fairly interesting to see how I can use corrosion to help win some hard MU's for poison like Steel.
I've had fun using this mon before, but I want a solid team that can use it effectively. Thanks!
Reserved

Welp I'll do another OM submission, this time a LC Normal team around Spikes Bunnelby

Bunnelby @ Focus Sash
Ability: Huge Power
Level: 5
EVs: 228 Atk / 52 Def / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Quick Attack
- Return
- U-turn

Hazard stack is definitely nice to chip things down for Zigzagoon to win late-game. Thanks!

Welp I'll do another OM submission, this time a LC Normal team around Spikes Bunnelby

Bunnelby @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Quick Attack
- Return
- U-turn

Hazard stack is definitely nice to chip things down for Zigzagoon to win late-game. Thanks!
Okay I had free time so I just did this rq.

Bunnelby @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Quick Attack
- Return
- U-turn

Zigzagoon @ Berry Juice
Ability: Pickup
EVs: 132 HP / 196 Atk / 108 Def / 28 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Thief
- Seed Bomb

Rufflet @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 36 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird / Superpower
- Aerial Ace
- U-turn
- Return

Taillow @ Life Orb
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 36 Def / 196 SpA / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 19 HP
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Air Slash

Helioptile @ Eviolite
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 172 Def / 32 SpA / 96 SpD / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Glare / Hidden Power Fighting / Hidden Power Ground / Hidden Power Fire
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Surf

Stufful @ Eviolite
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 196 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake / Swords Dance
- Return
- Brick Break
- Ice Punch
Alright so this team is pretty straightforward. Normal LC teams are historically built as balance or bulky offense, utilizing Munchlax, screens Igglybuff, or Lickitung (rip Porygon), so I decided to go an HO route. Starting off we have your Bunnelby set, which is great vs types that rely on sturdy juice users such as Rock type, Bug type, and Water type, as long as you can keep them up; else Bunnelby is naturally very strong even if you don't set spikes. Following up is the BDrum Zigzagoon set you mentioned, which is essential to any Normal LC team due to it's brute force and sweeping potential.

Right away I knew I was going to use double birds, since the main arena you'll be using this team in is monotype room tours. Fighting type is spammed in those tours, so you absolutely have to be able to beat them in order for a team to be viable (which is true for every Monotype LC team, regardless of type). Scarf Rufflet is an extremely powerful attacker with Hustle, however can be a gamble with the lower accuracy. Aerial Ace is 100% accuracte, however not extremely strong, but notably outspeeds Scarf Scraggy and KOs it. Depending on the opponent's EV spreads, it can also OHKO most of the opposing team after some spikes damage (as they have no hazard removal), with the main threats being bulky Timburr, and Stufful. The option between Brave Bird and Superpower is up to you, the pure power of STAB Brave Bird is very nice, the coverage in Superpower is nice as well. Taillow acts as your backup plan for this matchup, being able to revenge kill several Fighting types thanks to its amazing 19 speed. The team also needed a special attacker, and while it's not extremely strong, it makes up for it with Boomburst + Scrappy.

The last two additions can be pretty variable. I went with Helioptile to help with the HO Flying matchup, as well as the Water matchup (and the team needed a second special attacker). While Zigzagoon itself is extremely powerful vs Water type, Water type has a very hard time killing Helioptile, and puts immense pressure on keeping Chinchou alive. I went for the bulky set as I already have a choice scarf Pokemon, but Scarf or LO (for true HO) can be okay as well. Last slot was filled in with Stufful, which is a pretty good physical (contact) sponge, although has no recovery (drain punch when). It provides general coverage in Eq + Ice Punch + Brick Break, although those can be variable.

Other options for the team could be Aipom or Meowth to chip opponents with Fake out, and provide Knock Off support, though they're very fragile. Litleo could be ran over Helioptile to help out with the Ice matchup, something this team has a lot of trouble with. Or you could jumble around the birds and try either Doduo or Pikipek, allowing you to avoid the problems of Hustle, which can be frustrating, although those are much more susceptible to mach punch revenge killing due to whittling down your own health with Brave Bird.
Just a few I got quickly.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7lc-650436779 vs normal
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7lc-650439885 vs fire
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7lc-650442251 vs water
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7lc-650446695 vs grass (won by hax, but leech seed pumpkaboo is literally not a set)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7lc-650451135 vs fighting

I lost vs ice twice though, too bad I didn't save those.... :^)

smub

Last edited:
I don't have the set bc IM on phone but like a ho water team with webs lead surskit because I haven't played enough this gen to know what a well structured surskit squad should use.

E: nvm here's the set
Surskit @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Sticky Web
- Scald
- Icy Wind

I don't have the set bc IM on phone but like a ho water team with webs lead surskit because I haven't played enough this gen to know what a well structured surskit squad should use.

Surskit @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Sticky Web
- Scald
- Icy Wind
reserved

I'd like to see a Water LC team around Flyinium Z Wingull:

Wingull @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 36 HP / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Scald
- Knock Off
- U-turn

This thing has a decent SpA and a great speed tier, as well as providing a Water team with a one-time use nuke to smash opposing Grass-types.

Last edited:

Surskit @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Sticky Web
- Scald
- Icy Wind
I made a rain team based on Surskit

Surskit @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Sticky Web
- Scald
- Icy Wind

Pelipper @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Manaphy @ Waterium Z
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Tail Glow
- Surf
- Energy Ball

I chose to make this team rain because of the speed that Sticky Webs provide. We have the SS core of Pelipper, Mega Swampert and Kingdra, with Mega Swampert being our rocks setter and Electric immunity. Choice Specs Kingdra is a staple on all Rain teams, being a very good Rain abuser as well as a wallbreaker with Choice Specs. I added Scarf Keldeo since I noticed that the team struggled with faster opponents outside of rain so I added Keldeo for speed control. Manaphy is a setup sweeper with Z-Rain Dance and Tail Glow and can use Z-Surf to break past bulky opponents. Surskit is here for webs support and helps with Specs Pelipper's low speed.

I hope you like it!

smub I got your team (finally)

It's pretty hard to test OM teams so this one may not be as fine-tuned as my other submissions.

Jynx @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Slush Rush
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Toxic

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Low Kick
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

Avalugg @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Roar
- Avalanche
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Froslass @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Spikes
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt

Christmas came early for you, and your present was a relatively decent Ice team based around psychic surge Jynx.
I have changed absolutely nothing about Jynx as it is fine as it is, however it did need some teammates.
I started by figuring out who was going to be the hazard setter for the team since offensive ice would likely lose to triage users easily.
I decided to make the team a pilo team so that hazards could be laid reliably and so ice would not get easily swept.
Piloswine carries flash fire to ensure that no fire users try to go crazy on the team, it also allows it to set rocks or toxic on them as well. It also carries rock slide and earthquake in order to deal with those who are weak to the moves.
Mamoswine carries slush rush in order to act as the teams speed control and provide a powerful attacker on the team as well as it now runs adamant in order to pack a punch on the team.
Weavile is another powerful physical attacker that pursuit traps and does great amounts of damage with tough claws + Life orb. Ice punch is used over icicle crash in order to benefit from the power buff that tough claws is.
Avalugg will be the annoying magic bouncer/tank on the team. It can get rid of hazards and switch in on hazards, allowing it to stop rocks and physical setup sweepers with roar.
Lastly Froslass is used to provide a fighting immunity and additional utility in veil, taunt, and spikes. It also helps mamoswine become a speedy threat.
I hope you enjoy the team!

Hi! I'd like to request a Fighting monoteam around Toxicroak. This little guy can be super useful in the Psychic matchup and against other threats like Alolan Raichu due to Sucker Punch and gets a super useful immunity to Water-type moves with Dry Skin. I tried to build around it for some time, but I hit a wall everytime. Anyway, thanks in advance for building with Toxicroak! Ü

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

Out of the OM submissions, there hasn't been a CAP one yet, so i'm requesting a CAP Rock team around Mega Crucibelle

Crucibelle-Mega @ Crucibellite
Ability: Mold Breaker / Liquid Ooze
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Head Smash
- U-turn
- Wood Hammer / Toxic Spikes

Mold Breaker and Liquid Ooze are both pretty nice pre-mega abilities. Mold Breaker is nice alongside Tspikes if you need to get them up against Ghost(Gengar won't like coming in on this thing), but Liquid Ooze can be nice for coming in on Mega Venusaur.

Namranan

Salazzle @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Corrosion
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 232 HP / 180 Def / 80 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb

Nihilego @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Power Gem
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Anticipation
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Gunk Shot

Muk-Alola @ Air Balloon
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Atk / 124 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Shadow Sneak

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 144 SpD / 108 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Acid Spray

I originally tried to build around mega beedrill + salazzle but alas I couldn't make it work. Instead I went down the balanced route. The Salazzle is Poisinium Z to beat mantine and hence wallbreak vs flying. I decided on air balloon muk for a ground immunity which can hopefully pursuit excadrill and get it into range of nihilego/toxicroak. Hope you like the team!

Hey there builders! Requesting a psychic team around Mega-Gallade with this particular set:
The teams playstyle is Bulky Offense.

Gallade (M) @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off

Feel free to change evs if needed.

Thanks in advance

Status