Project Monotype Teambuilding Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people
Let's get some more mono OMs in here!

A Mono AAA Fairy Team around Triage Tapu Bulu.

Tapu Bulu @ Life Orb
Ability: Triage
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
Reserved.

E: Need clarification, are you unbanning Magearna in AAA Mono or no?

Last edited:
Requesting a team focused around my 2 favorite ice types and hail weather. Preferably no legendary usage or only 1.

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Moonblast
- Hail

Lapras @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Surf

Feel free to adjust these 2 pokemon in any way as well, as long as they stay included in the team! Thank you very much.
reserving

Seo.

Nice guys always finish last...
Requesting a LC Fire team around Poisonium Z Salandit:

Salandit @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Corrosion
Level: 5
EVs: 192 SpA / 36 SpD / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Sludge Wave
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Nasty Plot

It hits a slightly higher Speed tier than Houndour, being able to outpace base 17's, which is definitely really nice to have.
Reserved

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi,requesting a Mono Ground Team around sub toxic Gliscor, Thank you.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 40 Def / 224 Spe
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Protect /Roost /Taunt
- Earthquake

NuttyRabbit

Banned deucer.
Requesting a Grass Team built around the following Mega Sceptile set.

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Synthesis
- Dragon Pulse
- Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast

I wanted to try this pokemon on Grass Mono but I wasn't sure how to build around it. Synthesis is an option I really want to try on it

Also huzzah! This is my first post on Smogon.

Hi, builders!

I'm requesting a HO Normal team built around Smeargle and Conversion PZ:

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid / Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Spore
- Taunt / Nuzzle / something

Porygon-Z @ Normalium Z
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Conversion

Smeargle's last move is up to the builders. Thanks in advance! Ü
Reserved.

Reserved.
Not really trying to minimod or anything, but the rules say that the core has to go a whole week unreserved before a non-builder can reserve it:

1) We will be opening up teambuilding to anyone as long as no teambuilder has reserved it in 7 days (1 week), so if you see a core that someone requested and no teambuilder has reserved it in one week then you are free to reserve it for yourself to contribute.

It was posted Sunday morning and it's Saturday afternoon for me. It hasn't exactly been 168 hours but I thought it would be fine.

If a teambuilder wants to take it they're obviously free to but yeah.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Spore
- Memento

Porygon-Z @ Normalium Z
Ability: Adaptability
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Conversion

Diggersby @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- U-turn

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration
- Power-Up Punch
- Encore

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Transform

Staraptor @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- Close Combat
- U-turn

So this is pretty much the standard Hyper Offensive Normal build. I used the Smeargle set you provided and added Memento as the final move. Memento mostly allows Porygon-Z to come in and sweep easier, or for Diggersby to get a free turn in some cases. Diggersby is mandatory to have on this playstyle as it's Normal's hardest hitting wallbreaker. This set in particular makes Diggersby beat Skarmory, Celesteela, Hippowdon, and other strong walls 1v1. Lopunny-Mega is the Mega of choice here, as it's very solid on Sticky Web builds. Sticky Web ensures that no Pokemon can outspeed it except for stuff like Scarf Latios. PuP + Encore works well too, breaking walls and allowing for various setup opportunities.

While 2 Choice Scarf users on Sticky Web seems a bit redundant, it's a godsend against other offensive teams. Ditto in particular is excellent to have, as it takes care of so many things in the metagame right now. Scarf Staraptor completes a good U-turn core combined with Diggersby, and beats troublesome types like Fighting. The team falls apart somewhat against balanced builds like Mega Diancie Fairy, but overall I can see it being pretty good. Let me know what you think!

Floraliae

http://pokepast.es/9b634e82019a4311

Description:

I started off with the core you sent me. Changed the hail on tales to hypnosis, and there is no need for hail at all, and the ice beam to blizzard, as hail will be up. With lapras and tales both being special attackers that hit strong, I wanted to add physical attackers. Kyurem-b is a must have on every ice team, I decided to go with a mixed LO attacker that can take care of key threats like scizor, ferrothorn, celesteela, and more. It's going to hit hard, but it must be healthy to check what it does. Every ice team must have hazard removal, and because the team was looking offensive, I added it to sandslash. It is a nice way to get rocks off the field when sandslash is fast under hail. I needed a rocker on the team, and mamoswine was the go to choice. I found while testing the team, even if sandslash got rocks off, it was too weak to do damage back and a sweeper could set up and start its sweep. So I gave mamoswine a sash in order to be able to check sweepers with endeavor. It also serves as a nice alternate lead to tales. Lastly I decided to add z move SS cloyster as the last mon. Behind veil, cloyster is an absolute monster, especially if the enemy is a physical attacker. Cloyster can break down certain walls with the special z move in hydro pump. Anyways hope you enjoy the team, good luck!

Hoping someone will help with a poison team built around this handsome guy;

Scolipede @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Been having a hard time fitting him onto a team, even though he's cool as hell. Bonus points for fitting in venusaur, and a way to handle Kyurem-b and Mega Pinsir. Both have given me a lot of trouble and they're a huge pain. Thank you!

Hey there builders , Requesting a Sandless ground team built around Garchomp with this specific set,

Garchomp @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

This set dominates matchups like Normal,Poison, Steel and can help out a lot vs stall without the need for plays(50/50's with crobat and staraptor),The lack of sand means the team needs hell of speed control with mons like scarf greninja running around.credits to seo for the set though. Thanks in advance :]!
Exca just posted this on the sample team page, might wanna check it out

Infectrix

Banned deucer.
Hello there Workshop, I have been fascinated by Trick Room Fire and was hoping anyone could help

Chandelure @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball
- Trick Room

Chandelure I felt was a standard to trick room fire with the role of setting trick room. Other than that feel free to make any changes(Mobile).

Last edited:
Requesting an Ice team around bulky Rotom-Frost:

Rotom-Frost @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Just another option for checking Mega Scizor and some other physical threats. Also a decent bulky pivot, which an offensive type like Ice definitely appreciates. Thanks!

I'd like an Offense Psychic built around Specs Meloetta and Mega-Gallade.

Meloetta @ Choice Specs
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- U-turn

Gallade @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off

The movesets can be changed if the builder feels like it.

Hoping someone will help with a poison team built around this handsome guy;

Scolipede @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Been having a hard time fitting him onto a team, even though he's cool as hell. Bonus points for fitting in venusaur, and a way to handle Kyurem-b and Mega Pinsir. Both have given me a lot of trouble and they're a huge pain. Thank you!
Reserved!

I'd like an Offense Psychic built around Specs Meloetta and Mega-Gallade.

Meloetta @ Choice Specs
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- U-turn

Gallade @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off

The movesets can be changed if the builder feels like it.
Reserving

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Requesting a Grass Team built around the following Mega Sceptile set.

Timid Nature
- Synthesis
- Dragon Pulse
- Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast

I wanted to try this pokemon on Grass Mono but I wasn't sure how to build around it. Synthesis is an option I really want to try on it

Also huzzah! This is my first post on Smogon.
Reserving!

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast /Hidden Power Fire
- Dragon Pulse
- Rock Slide

Tapu Bulu @ Rockium Z
Ability: Grassy Surge
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Horn Leech
- Superpower

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb
- Mach Punch

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt/ Trick

Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Toxic /Mirror Coat
- Rock Slide

I slightly changed the set you gave, I replaced synthesis with rock slide so that Mega Sceptile can OHKO threats such as Mega Charizard Y and Volcarona with it while easing pressure off cradily to check those pokemon.Other than that the set is standard,Leaf storm and dragon pulse being stab moves on the set, focus blast is used for steel types like ferrothorn or heatran. Since the set is mixed, a naive nature is used to take hits better on the physical side.
4 Atk Sceptile-Mega Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 336-396 (108 - 127.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
4 Atk Sceptile-Mega Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Charizard-Mega-Y: 288-340 (96.9 - 114.4%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
: Next up we have Rockium Z tapu bulu with swords dance which serves as a wall breaker on the team, denting pokemon such as skarmory,celesteela, Mega venusaur, toxapex etc after a swords dance under its belt:
+2 252 Atk Tapu Bulu Continental Crush (180 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 222-262 (66.6 - 78.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Tapu Bulu Continental Crush (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 132+ Def Celesteela: 306-361 (76.8 - 90.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Tapu Bulu Continental Crush (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 252-297 (69.2 - 81.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
Superpower is used for steel types like heatran or ferrothorn while horn leech is its stab move that also heals it.
: Breloom, a staple on Mono grass team is no exception here, its priority mach punch allows to pressure match ups like dark and normal and steel to some extent. Spore utility combined with focus sash is huge as it can cripple a pokemon for few turns with it and gain momentum for the team. Rock tomb allows it to take on fire and flying types such as Volcarona and Zapdos. Bullet seed is the stab move that is powered up due to technician ability, adamant nature is used for more power.
: Next up is rotom-mow the scarf user or the speed control of the team, it also provides volt switch momentum to the team. Rotom-mow with a scarf checks threats such as Scarf heracross and Mega Charizard Y with thunderbolt. Trick is used to cripple a wall such as chansey. Leaf storm hits neutral targets hard and can be used as hit and run move.
Hp ice is used for dragon types like dragonite or garchomp which can be hard to take down otherwise.
: Next we have utility ferrothorn to provide spikes support to the team which is aprreciated by offensive members on the team. Leech seed along with protect allows it to drain opposing pokemon while scouting for moves. Spikes and leech seed is a good combination to abuse, which forces switches. Gyro ball is used on the set to hit threats like kyurem-black very hard.
: Lastly we have specially defensive cradily on the team to sponge special fire hits for the team and provide stealth rock support while checking some of the biggest threats to grass with rock slide which are Mega charizard Y and Volcarona. Toxic is used to cripple walls or set up sweepers. Mirror coat can be used on the set as well to take out heatran or nidoking which otherwise excel at breaking cradily. Recover is used for sustain.

I have an alternate team that I made for a contest and it is around Mega sceptile, it is a balanced team and I have posted the link below for you: http://pokepast.es/f7e142d33fd2fa5b

Namranan

:)))))))))))
Hello, I would like a bulky offensive fighting team that uses conkeldurr.
You can change the item and the ability if you wish but I would like the Ev's to stay, also if you feel it is necessary change the moveset.

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Havens

WGI World Champion
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'd like to request a Fairy Team based around Electrium Z Koko and Mega Gardevoir.

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Wild Charge
- Roost
- Taunt
- U-turn

As for Mega Gardevoir, surprise me. Thanks!

Kev

Part of the journey is the end
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello there Workshop, I have been fascinated by Trick Room Fire and was hoping anyone could help

Chandelure @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball
- Trick Room

Chandelure I felt was a standard to trick room fire with the role of setting trick room. Other than that feel free to make any changes(Mobile).
Reserving

Well the last submission didn't work out, so i'll ask for a Rock team around SD Lycanroc Midday

Lycanroc @ Rockium Z
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance
- Accelerock

Even with Sand Rush, Jolly is still nice for getting off a powerful hit against Pokemon like Latios and Mega Diancie.

Hello, I would like a bulky offensive fighting team that uses conkeldurr.
You can change the item and the ability if you wish but I would like the Ev's to stay, also if you feel it is necessary change the moveset.

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
Reserved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)