Monotype Tournament IV [Round 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monotype Tournament IV!

A huge thank you to Pkrs for this wonderful artwork!

So, yeah, this is the Monotype Tournament IV! Most of you probably know the rules, but for those of you who don’t, it’s fairly simple: standard BW2 OU, but with a twist-your whole team must be of one type! I will PM you 3 types (chosen at random) and you will PM me back your choice. For example, I send Bob this PM, “Here are your 3 types. Choose wisely: Psychic, Fighting, Ground.” Bob then replies to that PM with the type he chooses (most likely Fighting). You may have double-typings, and your type doesn’t even have to be the primary type, just be one of the types. So, if your type is Psychic, you can have Espeon, Mr. Mime, Slowbro, Latias, Exeggutor, and Metagross, or any other Psychic-type you can think of. You can have different teams every round or the same one; I honestly don't care as long as all of your pokemon are of your type.

Rules & Clauses:
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown! Unless both players are in agreement to play it somewhere else.
  • Please save a log, in case of a dispute! If there is a dispute, just PM me the log and it can be sorted out.
  • This will be a 64, 128, or possibly 256-man tournament, depending on the interest. The first 62.5% spots in the tournament will be given on a first-come, first-serve basis. The remaining 37.5% spots will be given out randomly to people who signed up.
  • If there is a tier change in the middle of a round, the previous tiers will stay in place until the next round. Then is when they will switch.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Terrakion on his or her team.
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing pokémon.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Battle Timeout: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • Team Preview: Since this tourney is supposed to be sorta based on not knowing what your opponent has, team preview must be off.
  • Also, it's probably a good idea to read that rules and guidelines thread. You see it stickied, in the Tournaments section? Read it.

The fourth round will last until Monday, April 8th!!
Third Round Matchups:
McMeghan vs Lavos Spawm
davidness vs pokebasket
Double01 vs malekith
lily vs SOMALIA
Ryanor vs Zephir
Django vs H-C
CBTerrakion vs CrashinBoomBang
Enguarde vs WhiteQueen

Also, just one note: I will not give any extensions this round unless you prove to me it is absolutely necessary. I really hope we have no coinflip/activity wins this round. We had no coinflips last round, but 3 activity wins. Let’s have none of either this round.​

novaray gave me the win what happened
I'm really sorry. I didn't understand; you put "Django monotype battle?" And "Novaray take the win" so I took that as give the win to Novaray, not "Novaray said, 'Take the win'". I will change it; you take his spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)