Monster Hunter

Here's an interesting video for those looking to get the Wii U version:

www.nicofinder.net/watch/sm19687217

It compares the load times between Retail Disc (Top-Left), Wii U Internal Memory (Top-Right), external HDD (Bottom-Left) and external SSD (Bottom-Right)

Wii U Internal Memory and external SSD are pretty much equal for the fastest load times, with disc being the slowest.

That's very interesting Ultimaa! Glad to see someone enthusiastic about the Wii U demo (and thereby the game) :D

[AND THE WII U IN GENERAL AS A MATTER OF FACT]

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
omfg i dont have a 3ds i played MH3U on my friend's and i just lost it

i need a 3ds now.

D-day bitches. Go buy it. Go buy 2. Go buy both. Go buy 2 of both. :pimp:

Reminder that the gamepad play + combined server updates are due in April, not day 1. Voice chat and usb keyboard support are day 1 updates.

There will be FREE DLC in the form of event quests with special fighting conditions and rewards (like every MH game).

Ask your questions here, I'm sure I or another helpful user will be able to answer.

tape

ive been in denial for quite a while.

does the 3DS version really, really, REALLY not have online co-op/tavern? I know you can connect play with other 3DS and Wii U's close to you, but not internet play.

ye money release day!
Unfortunately the midnight eshop release didn't happen, which is disappointing. Good thing the eShop updates fairly early in the day, though. 45 more minutes before it goes up at 9amPST/11amCST/12pmEST.

Can't fucking wait.

ive been in denial for quite a while.

does the 3DS version really, really, REALLY not have online co-op/tavern? I know you can connect play with other 3DS and Wii U's close to you, but not internet play.
No online for the 3DS version. If you own a Wii U and a 3DS copy of MH3U, you can utilize a free program on the Wii U that lets the 3DS play online. However, you can't create your own room with this app, only those with the HD version can do that.

tape

can I join other's rooms? I'm assuming no.

I'm not so excited anymore.

I'll just wait until Monster Hunter 4.

What ulttimaa is talking about is a signal relay app on the wiiU. You need a 3ds, a 3ds copy of monster hunter 3U, a wiiU, and a wiiU USB lan adapter. The only thing you DONT need is a wiiU copy of monster hunter 3U.

In other words, it's pretty useless. If you already have a wiiU you can just splurge for 35 more dollars and get the full game instead of doing whatever crap there is with the USB lan adapter.

If you have at least 1 friend that plays too, it's more than worth your 40 some dollars (you were going to get a 3ds eventually anyway, stop lying to yourself :naughty:).

being made by Tencent Games, the king of chinese free2play/pay2win games (made for the chinese market who eat that shit up)
not to mention the atrocious animations and stupid shit like vehicles
also MMO elements that don't belong in monster hunter

I'm all for moving the series forward, but I want it to be done by the MH team. I don't want this outsourced shit to affect the main series. I want it to stay in China to serve it's purpose as their Frontier replacement.

being made by Tencent Games, the king of chinese free2play/pay2win games (made for the chinese market who eat that shit up)
not to mention the atrocious animations and stupid shit like vehicles

Don't get your hopes up.
Well I don't see capcom stepping up to bat and making the most obvious choice for the franchise ever (without outsourcing it).

Is it ironic that they just made a press release about poor profits due to declining quality from outsourcing... and then they give a big name project like this to Tencent?

I know it won't be the best thing ever, but it will be a good way to pull more people in to the real games (as long as they don't get the wrong idea about what should and shouldn't be in MH).

Well I don't see capcom stepping up to bat and making the most obvious choice for the franchise ever (without outsourcing it).

Is it ironic that they just made a press release about poor profits due to declining quality from outsourcing... and then they give a big name project like this to Tencent?

I know it won't be the best thing ever, but it will be a good way to pull more people in to the real games (as long as they don't get the wrong idea about what should and shouldn't be in MH).
The most obvious choice for the franchise? What, turning it into an MMO? Making it HD?

MH is not an MMO. It never was and I would certainly never want it to be. The games are a great single player experience as well as a great multiplayer experience, but I would never want it to become solely Multiplayer in the form of an MMO.
A proper HD Monster Hunter title would be great, although I don't really think it's necessary nor would it do much outside of make it look nicer. Unless they're doing something big with the extra power, like better AI or more dynamic environments, that is.

The problem is that this doesn't really look like Monster Hunter, and given Tencent's track record I'm very worried about what it'll actually be. I don't want Capcom thinking that MHO is what the west wants, nor do I want it taking the place of actual MH games in the west. I'd much rather people actually play the main series and finding out whether they like it than be exposed to something that isn't MH pretending to be.

Keep this shit in China. They love pay2win MMOs.

If the quality/F2P bullshit is somewhere between PSO2 and Hunter Blade, I'll be content. I guess it depends how much they put behind the pay-wall. Either way I'm not going to write it off immediately; I at least want to see what they do with it.

An MMO in the sense of frontier (keeping the 4 player parties, except for cool special fights like Raviente) is the ideal for Monster Hunter IMO. MH3U has the worst networking EVER (worse than the original PSO somehow), so this haphazard "make a local-only version and then re-release with online features" thing they've been doing isn't making any headway in the west. MH4 has online, but we'll have to see how draconian that system is too.

If the quality/F2P bullshit is somewhere between PSO2 and Hunter Blade, I'll be content. I guess it depends how much they put behind the pay-wall. Either way I'm not going to write it off immediately; I at least want to see what they do with it.

An MMO in the sense of frontier (keeping the 4 player parties, except for cool special fights like Raviente) is the ideal for Monster Hunter IMO. MH3U has the worst networking EVER (worse than the original PSO somehow), so this haphazard "make a local-only version and then re-release with online features" thing they've been doing isn't making any headway in the west. MH4 has online, but we'll have to see how draconian that system is too.
So what, just MH with better netcode? I dont really see how that classifies as MMO. I've also not had any problems with MH3U's online, though I've heard of plenty of people who have.

I'm just saying, there's nothing redeemable about MHO at this point. Even the nicer graphics are offset by the awful effects and choppy animations. Maybe it'll turn out to not be shit, but I doubt it.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I know this is a hella dead thread, but I know the community has a few super active MH players playing MH4U and since it's still rather new it definitely deserves discussion. GlassGlaceon and Stellar in particular I've played with numerous times (and need to catch up to, but hey I'll get there). MH4U is easily the most fun I've ever had playing Monster Hunter.

yeah mh4u has been great so far. kinda wish i had more time to play it, but since it came out it has consumed 100% of my gaming time. i just unlocked wystones in the 9-star caravan quests and beat the frenzied brachydios. i was surprised when that thing completely bodied me the first time i fought it, considering i fought brachy plenty of times in 3u and never had too much trouble with it, but holy fuck frenzy makes it move around and attack fast. that was a really fun and satisfying fight after i got past the initial "holy shit what help" moments.

haven't really been playing online much so i'm still just hr2 lol. i have end of high rank gear though, so i should be able to blast through the key quests pretty easily. i'm mostly waiting for a couple of irl friends who are interested in picking the game up, but it'd be fun to hunt with some people from here sometime :)

Monster Hunter 4U's 3DS successor has been announced. It looks super flashy and like tons of fun. 2015 release for JP.
Oh gawd, it looks amazing! Who knows if they are going to implement the tonfas as well, considering all this flashiness. The new Jho-like wyvern at the end looks really interesting though... it is us now who have to take a Lv. 3 charged (tail) slash to the face, and it seems very painful. Evasion is going to be a lifesaver against this guy.
Also, why did they replace Poogie with a goat, of all things ;_; ? Jho costume Poogie is the best Poogie

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
This is getting me really hyped.
Been bored with 4G now, and I'm glad there's something new for me to do. The monsters look interesting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)