Monthly Art Contest Megathread CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Alrighty! Trying the poll / new contest simultaneously because we're late we're late for a very important date.

How about scaling back the theme for once? I feel we've been getting very abstract recently.

New Theme: Ground-type
Draw a Ground-type Pokémon! The best entries will go beyond the simplicity of the theme.

Also, through the magic of forward planning, I can say that the deadline for this contest will be the 23rd of April.

Alchemator

Self-portraits are acceptable.

E: To clarify, this is in response to sandshrewz's comment about being a Ground-type. They aren't actually acceptable!

HellaHellaStyle

The ROCKST☆R connoisseur
is an Artist Alumnus
My entry:

Oh, we underground.

My vocabulary sucks, I tried to use the words ground and type in as many ways as I knew how (or didn't know how in some cases).

Also, I used "Hovel Sweet Hovel" since I'm almost positive that "Hole Sweet Hole" was used in a Bugs Bunny cartoon. Also, that sounds kinda dirty...

... get it? Dirty. Okay, I'm done.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yay you drew a sandshrew! :)

Eh are we allowed to draw more than one Pokemon? Because it's singular in the theme :x

yay im entering
i tried to take a different approach to the ground type theme
and make it funny

it says "ground typez only" just if you cant see it

My submission I tried extra hard because HHS's stuff is so damn beast but I hope my goes far I'm very hopeful with this one ^_^

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Gosh that Swampert has a lot of personality!! I like it!! xD

also lol I don't have time to draw more than one mon -.- here's a sandshrewz-ified Groudon :) HHS you drew so many NFE cutemons! O:< so I shall do an Ubers cutemon!! (:< lol

It sure took a long time but I'm happy!! Didn't intend to draw it like my avy initially but w/e haha

edit: who was expecting a sandshrew lol? xD

lol it's terrible compared to everyone elses x.x

i might try again

edit: the raised ground represents arena trap

Well, I knew I couldn't out-style HellaHellaStyle or out-concept chrysthehamster or out-awesome DESTROYA or out-cute sandshrewz AND Keiran, but maybe if I tried to do all of them at the same time it would work...?

Either way, it was a lot of fun working on this, and I hope everyone else enjoyed it as much as I did!

I actually dig that concept a lot, props. I also like that wooper is wearing barboach as a hat lol

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
no one can beat the original water / ground

I also dig DEZTROYA's Swampert - who thought Swampert could look so fierce?

And who thought Groudon could look so cute :3 Love it, sandshrewz!

well this is a n00b drawing but still I will put it here...

I think later I will finish it in photoshop xDDD

My first MAC entry:

I've always been a fan and since I had this concept around in my head for a while and a bit of extra time I decided to give it a try

Obviously they are afraid of the water... or are they araid of their trainer and their sudden homicidal outburst of her?, well you decide

Alchemator

Shazam, we are done here.

E: New theme!

MAC #17: Another Focus
Create a piece involving Pokémon, but make its main focus something not Pokémon-related (e.g. a lamppost or box etc.).

art is fun!
im getting into this MAC gig

the focus is the cookie jar

EDIT:i agree with spudz, i was thinking that that aswell but need some opinions but forgot to mention them. anyway, is this better? i used a dark red to simulate anger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)