Monthly Art Contest Megathread CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Heah comes the MAC daddy

My vision of the studio:

Zapdos = icepick (I still remember his awesome zapdos)
Pidov = Alch, that alien was not working with me

others should be self explanatory :3

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Deadline will be on the 9th August, which is a week from now.

You still have time to enter!

Alchemator

Deadline.

Also, if you'd like to be a judge please speak up! I'm wiping the slate clean apart from myself, so there are four spots up for grabs.

Alchemator

Time for a new one!

---

This Month's Theme: Realistic Pokémon

Draw a Pokémon as it might appear in the real world.

Plus points for: Scientific accuracy, interpretation of uncommon Pokémon.

---

Theme suggestions are very much welcome!

Changed my mind about going totally old school. (not enough good erasers :/) I'm gonna touch up this base sketch right chere:

According to bulbapedia, it's based on a basilisk and the closest looking interpretation of a basilisk that looked like giratina was this thing. so yeah. that's my wip.

Alchemator

Just going to say that reserving things is totally pointless, so -reserving and ++sketches please :)

Hey guys! Guess what!

I have Gimp now :)
WIP, what do you think?
-I'm trying to make the frill and everything below look like shed skin, any ideas on how to do that?

So here's my Final Entry:

I didn't really have a close enough texture so i had to improvise with the scales. Very interesting how this turned out. If I saw this thing in real life, i'd never suspect it had the ability to cross dimensions.

Alchemator

sorry if this question is stupid, but the deadline is september 1, correct?
The MAC now operates on a Bi-Smogly system, so actually the deadline isn't set yet. I expect it to be about the 4th, but that's just a guess. Basically the deadline is when the next Smog is released!

Final Submission:

As for scientific accuracy, the nose and pupils are round, like a non-venomous snake, and I tried to arrange the scales on the head like a non-venomous snake's. I also tried to make the belly scales like a python's.

man, why is MAC so dead :(

Moo, I gotta say, thats adorable!

I remember starting a kinda realistic-ish Raikou a while back, but I never finished it since the stripes started to piss me off. I kinda tend to abandon frustrating things like that hah

me-OWW

if the deadline is somewhere around september, maybe I can get my lazy self to finish this for an entry?

Just gonna be a douche and say that
I have the fish pokemon - fish covered.
Everyone else is copying me.
Thanks
I started and have the sketch laid out and all, but not on this computer.. I guess I'll share it sometime tomorrow or something

(:P)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)