Monthly Art Contest Megathread CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I wish I started this sooner, but it didn't turn out too bad. I wouldn't say it's complete, but it is my final submission.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Congratulations to elcheeso for winning MAC #2, with this lovely Woobat!

NEW CONTEST

Theme: Weather
Draw a piece involving a weather. This does not necessarily have to be one of the five weathers of the Pokémon game.

While this is now purely public opinion, I would like to see creative use of pathetic fallacy and - on the artistic side - retaining a major focus whilst still having a prominent weather effect.

Fraid I'm gonna have to leave this contest thread alone for a while. I don't stand a chance until I get myself a tablet to work with.

Alchemator

Deadline will be decided closer to the time. I expect around the end of the month, perhaps slightly sooner - I'll be giving ~ a week's notice.

Elcheeso that is fantastic.. the trees and colors are really pretty, but to be perfectly honest, the foreground lightning kind of ruins it for me..

Crux

Banned deucer.
I think the foreground lightning would work better if you took off the branches tbh, as at the moment they don't seem to work, and it would also emphasise the Pokemon within it. Just my 2 cents.

Alright, I might go with something like this then... still not happy with it, but that's what art is all about, right?

Edit: New pic since I'm indecisive -

Alchemator

Sentret won!

New Theme: Emotion
Depict a Pokémon exemplifying one singular emotion, such as rage or happiness. The best pieces will combine the hues used and the Pokémon chosen with the emotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)