Monthly Art Contest Megathread CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not entirely sure if this fits the subject exactly (does 'about to eat' count?), but I couldn't help but draw this; I've always wanted to see an at least somewhat scary Dragonite.

His hands are pressed to the screen, not shrugging, however awkward it may look. Spoilertagged because of blood and such-- albeit black-and-white. It is still rather demented looking.

Us n00bs have a shot at this, right?

(Actually, looking at this in hindsight, I suppose it COULD be in the middle of eating, it just isn't really clear.)

Here's my submission

Taking the term food chain literally - There's always a bigger fish; which begs the question, what's about to eat Kyogre?

It also explains why Feebas are so rare

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor

Aron, Lairon and Aggron are considered vermin because of their tendency to eat metal constructions like bridges, railroads and parked cars. When ore becomes scarce in their habitat, they tend to move, eating whatever metal is available. Due to their size, weight and durability, Aron are not easy to remove from infested areas, and if Aggron move somewhere, they tend to stay no matter what happen. A solution to keep Aggron in their existing territory is bringing scrap metal to them. In this case, a car stripped of interior, chemicals and tires becomes a nifty meal for an Aggron and its offspring.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
That contest is closed, the poll is up. A big thank you to Fate for filling in for me!

MAC #19: Summer

We're in July, and apparently we're supposed to be having summer. Draw a summery image (especially in the colour scheme).

P.S. Yes, I know it's only summer for the Northern Hemisphere. Please endure my lack of equality.

Here's my submission. What says summer like sunlight? and what says sunlight like chlorophyll? Hope you enjoy this bellsprout that's completely mad with power.

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My first submission. God, computers are awesome but I couldn't ever draw anything with one.

It was a horrible time to be psychic type...

lol thats a cool concept Electrolyte. Bugs do pop up everywhere in the summer.

And Bulber, is that a muscle beach pikachu?
(Gamefreak made a pikachu for everything else so why not? LOL)

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
thanks for the praise, nov! If only I had made them use Bug Buzz, that would have made much more sense. I also wish I had the skills to do computer art.

Your chlorophyll idea is great too; simple yet very understandable and unique. Nice job!

I don't see how Bulber's art ties in with Summer...

I like Nov's art the best, mainly for its humour, but I know Yilx is going to win. Yilx's is good too though.

I like Nov's art the best, mainly for its humour, but I know Yilx is going to win.
Hahaha not necessarily. If you like mine the best, then there may be others who like it a lot as well, meaning it will receive plenty of votes. Yilx is definitely going to give me a challenge tho. After all, he is the most frequent winner of the MAC I think. His art is definitely better aesthetically, I'll admit to that right now, but it all comes down to humor vs. visual. Of course, Yilx's has a touch of humor and mine has a touch of visual, I think.

I don't see how Bulber's art ties in with Summer...

I like Nov's art the best, mainly for its humour, but I know Yilx is going to win. Yilx's is good too though.
Please, you can't judge art. It's objective. It transcends human understanding.
I assure you it ties in somehow. I just don't quite know how yet. Rainbows, maybe?
Hm. I'll get back to you on that. Fo sho.
-Peace.

Please, you can't judge art. It's objective. It transcends human understanding.
I assure you it ties in somehow. I just don't quite know how yet. Rainbows, maybe?
Hm. I'll get back to you on that. Fo sho.
-Peace.
Turn it into a muscle beach pikachu. Its as simple as putting a beach background in, and then you have a true blue summer submission! :D

Also, I'm not harshing on your grammar, but art isn't objective. Objective means that there is a right and a wrong. Art is subjective (which I'm sure is what you meant) so there is no one right way to do things or one right answer.

Edit: considering you've already given it a background, this may be a bit more complicated, since its not digital art. But still, there are ways to do it if you get creative.

lol I actually just now noticed that there are torchics in the KFC bucket. (the torchic line being eaten by KFC loving pokemon is a very common theme lately haha)

That's better Bulber! Sorry for being a bit too critical with the last comment I made, but you have to at least see how the art is a form or representative of the theme, and in my opinion, your last artpiece didn't show that for me.

And JuicyFruit, that's an awesome artpiece. The glass looks wonky though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)