Votes: 18 27.7%
  • Kadew

Votes: 34 52.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, folks!

It's time to vote on this edition of the Monthly Art Contest!

Entries for this contest were taken from the Monthly Art Contest thread! Participants had 30 days to create a piece of art to fit the theme.

MAC #24 - Retyping
Draw any Pokemon retyped to another type or type combination!
This round saw a staggering 21 submissions! It was awesome to see so many artists step out and create something for the contest :) Many thanks to our entrants for filling this poll with some fine work.

Please vote for any number of pieces that you think should win this month's contest!
Voting will end 7 days from the time of this post.

The top pieces from this contest will be featured in an upcoming issue of The Smog!

---

entrants' work is listed in the order that it was posted.

bluehoundoom said:

Rock/Dragon Keldeo
ThatsMyLatios said:

fire type gastly i guess it looks more like haunter so fire type haunter
Vivillon said:

Dark-type Minccino
hichez said:

Electric/flying Altaria
Keiran said:

fire / poison tynamo
Blue Frog said:

Fairy Normal-Type Hydreigon
BBritain said:

Ghost/Fighting Emboar
Arcanigon said:

Dark-Steel Seviper
hollymon said:

Fire/Ice Zweilous
Eagle4 said:

Ghost/Psychic Ludicolo
Particular1 said:

Ice/Electric Camerupt
andrew3391 said:

Ghost/Steel Blissey with Levitate
elcheeso said:

Bug/Flying Swinub
Someoneelse said:

Electric-type Beartic
KoA said:

Dragon/Fire Skarmory
Suckingmoreducks said:

Fire-type Spoink
Cheeno said:

Dark Flame Ninetales
Dark/Fire type Ninetales
Concept: Ninetales + Okamiden + Naruto inspired art.
Yilx said:

Steel/Dragon Bronzong
Bummer said:

Water/Poison Nidoking
icepick said:

Fairy/Dark Tentacruel
Kadew said:

Fighting-type stunfisk. I regret nothing.
Thanks again to all of our entrants! Good luck! :)

Kadew

*bird sounds*
is an Artist Alumnus
Humanshape stunfisk master race.

The others are great too, though. Retypings are fun; so much creativity in how people interpret types.

Wow awesome drawings, I wish I could draw like this lol. I really like the steampunk blissey, lobster nidoking and the karate stunfisk :)

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Oh wow, how does hichez only have 2 votes (including mine)? (Not bias at all, not like my current avatar is a psychic altaria drawn by Kadew at all is it? :p)

The way he blended the altaria into the black background really makes it looks like he is flying fast, and the electric currents through the clouds look really nice.

idk, I'm not exactly that big on art. I only like web art :P.

I have zero votes for my entry? D: I thought I would at least get some votes at least?
Anyways I like hichez's, Arcanigon's, Andrew's and Kadew's the best.

Aaaaargh! Why must there be so many good entries? BBritain's is nicely minimalistic and puts me in mind of Wind Waker, so there's that. Bummer's has that wonderful sketchy feel, like it was out of some Field Guide to, I dunno, Freaking Terrifying Beasts. Yilx's is just technically... excellent. And he manages to make Bronzong look underpy (though in doing so, has made its smile into the stuff of nightmares.) Icepick's neatly captures the alien beauty of sea thingies, and is so sparkly too! And, well... Kadew's...

...it really... realises the concept, though you do realise that, in doing so, you have just made your own special little spot in Hell?

Out of all of them, I would have to go for Yilx's. It has a majesty to it and looks like it could have came from a Pokemon game. I mean, something has to give the kids nightmares when they're growing up.

dwarfstar

mindless philosopher
I'm thinking hichez's piece is criminally underrated - the motion effects are beautiful here. The Swinub-bug elcheeso gave us is adorable too. I'd be pretty happy if these won.

Overall, though, I'd have to say Kadew's Stunfisk is the best piece here. Your entry has me laughing harder than anything I've seen since that gifsound of the dancing Trapinch and Rick Astley. Props to you, dude.

Magistrum

DOITSU NO KAGAKU WA SEKAI ICHI
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Ugh this was such an awesome theme for MAC and I just HAD to miss it...>_< stupid laptop... If you held on for a little longer I could've made a Steel/ Electric Mecha Infernape... T_T

Anyways awesome entries! Good luck to everyone :D

Here we are almost a month later, and the poll is finally done. Congrats to Kadew for winning! Keep an eye out for our next MAC theme!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)