1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Moonlight (Peaked #13)

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by Pkn range6, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Pkn range6

Pkn range6

Moonlight

Team Glance
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Hi, this team has done fairly well and i've managed to do very well with it but I know there is improvements I can do to make it better with your help. My team is very basic I have my 3 walls to deal with most of UU offensive powerhouses and 3 offensive pokemon. The team I think works well because in a couple of days I got to my peak. Proof http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1z18tpk&s=6
    Team building Process
    Show Hide
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I started off with umbreon because it's a great special wall. Then I needed to cover umbreon weakness so gligar did the job and has good synergy. I needed a spinner as well and blastoise fitted nicely with this defensive core
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I needed a revenge killer for my team and I thought why not use the king of uu? It has great stab combination and only good checks to it are ghost types and gligar.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I started to use yanmega and it has swept many teams and saved my ass several times from being swept. It's a excellent pokemon and deservse more love, thought it's hindered from pesky stealth rocks.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Zapdos patched up my team as I made it my set up pokemon. It helps out with the flying weakness​

Terraspin​

[​IMG]
    Credits to guardianofire from deviantArt
    Blastoise @ Leftovers
    Ability: Torrent
    Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
    Evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Moves:
    -Scald
    -Rapid Spin
    -Toxic
    -Roar​
    Blastoise is a neccesity because I have 2 pokemon weak to stealth rocks and my 2nd defensive wall. It takes moves that gligar cannot take such as ice moves. Scald is Blastoise only offensive move but a great move because those 30% burn can help me out a lot. Rapid spin is a obvious move getting rid of those hazards. Toxic a great move to use against other walls wearing them down. Roar is a nice move because it can phase out sweepers getting too greedy.
    Moonlight
    [​IMG]
    Umbreon @ Leftovers
    Ability: Synchronize
    Nature: Careful (+SDef, -SpA)
    Evs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
    Moves:
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -Foul Play
    -Heal Bell​
    Umbreon has always been my favourite eveelution and it's a great pokemon to sponge special attacks with it's base 130 SDef. The evs are pretty straight forward maximize the HP and SDef. Wish is a great move because I can pass it onto Blastoise which doesn't have reliable recovery. Protect is a good move to scout choice locked pokemon helps out with wish. Foul Play is a excellent move choice for umbreon because it can help take out Physical attackers such as OHKO Darmanitan after SR and 3HKO's heracross! Heal bell is a perfect move because my team does not like to get statused.
    Possible changes
    Chansey dropped to UU. I really don't like chansey in general but I may consider using it instead of Umbreon (Thought that would defeat the purpose the team name). Chansey for BL!
    [​IMG]
    Jet Ray
    Gligar @ Eviolite
    Ability: Immunity
    Nature: Impish (+Def, -SpA)
    Evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Moves:
    -Earthquake
    -Stealth Rocks
    -Roost
    -U-Turn​
    Gligar patches up my defensive core having the resistance to fighting and bug which umbreon fears. Earthquake is a nice stab move to hit frail sweepers. Stealth rocks is must need for every team. Roost is nice reliable recovery for gligar. U-Turn helps me keep the momentum on my side. I could possibly change it to toxic because I find my self in a pickle agaisnt SD Heracross.
    XLR8​

[​IMG]
    Heracross @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Moxie
    Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
    Evs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SDef
    Moves:
    -Close Combat
    -Megahorn
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake/Sleep Talk​
    Heracross a great revenge killer with it's great attack stat, average speed which is patched up with a choice scarf. Close Combat is great stab move able to hit those bulky normal type (Snorlax). Megahorn hits those grass types and a move to lock my self into if I don't want those defence drops from close combat. Stone Edge hits the flying types such as Crobat and Zapdos for super effective damage. The toss is up Earthquake or sleep talk and I've leaned toward Earthquake more because it helps me against the Nidos and Raikou. Overall Heracross can sweep teams that aren't prepared for it or I've eliminated the threats toward heracross.
    Possible changes
    I have an alternative team that has scarfed Mienshao instead of heracross which is doing surprising well so I may change it Mienshao in the future.
    Stinkfly​

[​IMG]
    Yanmega @ Life Orb
    Ability: Speed Boost
    Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
    Evs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
    Moves:
    -Bug Buzz
    -Air Slash
    -Giga Drain
    -Protect​
    Yanmega is a fantastic late game sweeper after special walls like snorlax are gone. Bug Buzz hits those dark and grass types for some nice super effective damage. Air Slash deals with those fighting types. Giga Drain I really like it can surprise Swampert and Rhyperior while gaining health back from Life orb recoil. Protect lets me build up speed boosts while scouting for moves.
    Possible changes
    on my alt. team I am using life orbed Darmanitan and testing out Arcanine as well. Could try out choice specs set out.
    Big Chill

[​IMG]
    Credits to luckylucario from deviantArt
    Zapdos @ Life Orb
    Ability: Pressure
    Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
    Evs: 252 SpA / 76 Spe / 180 HP
    Moves:
    -Thunderbolt
    -Hidden Power (Ice)
    -Agility
    -Roost​
    Zapdos is my set up sweeper. The evs maximizes Zapdos special attack and after agility boost outspeeds scarf mienshao and rest dumped into bulk. Thunderbolt hits like a truck and hidden power ice makes a pseudo bolt beam coverage. Agility lets me outspeeds scarfed threats. Roost lets me regain health against pokemon that aren't a threat to Zapdos.
    Possible changes
    I could change roost to Heatwave but i like the bulk that Zapdos has with roost. Instead of the agility set I could go with the offensive standard set of zapdos.
    Final Glance​

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Conclusion​

I really like this team and it wasn't too difficult to use. I don't have a dedicated lead I just think what there going to lead out with and send out accordingly. Basically my team is eliminate one of the threats that stop my any of my three attackers and sweep. Thank you very much if you have had the time to acutally read all of this and give a luvdisc if you liked it! Also my team is reference to Ben 10 Alien if you were wondering except Umbreon.
    Threat List​

[​IMG] Specs chandelure 2HKO's my entire team
    [​IMG] Defensive set annyoing OTR as well.
    [​IMG] Subpetya can sweep my team if I don't have umbreon to check it. Thought i'm pretty sure +1 torrent boosted surf 2HKO umbreon.
    [​IMG] SD set or band set I usually have to let a pokemon faint.
    [​IMG] Some people still run Sub roost moxie set. If gligar is taken down it will sweep my team, specially if SR are up.
    [​IMG] If umbreon isn't at full health RD set can sweep me and choice specs hits like a truck.
    [​IMG] Defensive Nasty plot will sweep me. Zapdos isn't fast enough if it's running max speed and can flinch me to death. Heracross can only OHKO if it's under 60% health.
    [​IMG] It can cripple my umbreon with trick and overheat/volt switch the rest of my team
    [​IMG] mix sweeper hits all my walls neutrally and i'm swept by it if zapdos goes down.
    [​IMG] CB set too strong
    [​IMG] Annyoing as fuck especially rest sleep talk set.

I mostly get stopped by the same defensive core as mine with the exception of snorlax over umbreon and if they have a frolass setting up spikes. I play my blastoise sometimes too carelessly and after blastoise gets taken down they can switch to their walls and my pokemon will die from hazards.

[size=+2]Importable[/size]
    Show Hide
    Terraspin (Blastoise) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Torrent
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Rapid Spin
    - Scald
    - Toxic
    - Roar

Moonlight (Umbreon) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Synchronize
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
    Careful Nature
    - Wish
    - Heal Bell
    - Foul Play
    - Protect

Jet Ray (Gligar) @ Eviolite
    Trait: Immunity
    Impish Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Roost
    - Earthquake
    - U-turn

XLR8 (Heracross) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Moxie
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Close Combat
    - Megahorn
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake

Stinkfly (Yanmega) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Speed Boost
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature
    - Air Slash
    - Bug Buzz
    - Giga Drain
    - Protect

Big Chill (Zapdos) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 180 HP / 252 SAtk / 76 Spd
    Modest Nature
    IVs: 3 Atk / 30 Def
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Roost
    - Agility

2. Silvershadow234

Silvershadow234 :]]]]]
    is a Pre-Contributor
    Mentor

Hi. This is a fairly solid team you have here, however there are some weaknesses.

Firstly, SubCM Raikou decimates your entire team with ease, as Umbreon fails to break it's substitutes with Foul Play. It can quite easily set-up a Substitute on almost any of your pokes, and can quite easily 6-0 you almost every time. As you have mentioned, Rotom-Heat is also a rather large issue, if it can land a Trick on Umbreon of course.

Therefore, I recommend using Rhyperior over Yanmega. Yanmega doesn't add anything defensively, since it is completely crippled by Stealth Rock, and you already have a cleaner in the form of Heracross. Rhyperior solves all of our issues with electric types, thanks to a resistance to both of Rotom-H's STAB moves. Rhyperior also deals with the majority of Raikou very nicely too, although does fail miserably against HP Grass variants. Also, with Stealth Rock on Rhyperior, you free up a moveslot for gligar. I recommend using Aerial Ace on Gligar, because that lets you beat SD heracross easily, which is pne of the biggest stall killers around.

However, Cofagrigus is still an incredibly huge threat to you, as is Chandelure as it 2HKO's everything on your team.

Chansey over Umbreon therefore seems like an excellent fit. Chansey has Toxic to deal with Cofagrigus reliably, and is not 2HKO'd by anything Chandelure can throw at it, and can slowly kill it with Toxic-if it's not Specs though and is subsplit, then Rhyperior can deal with it nicely. Chansey also helps against the empoleon weakness, as it can take even torrent boosted surfs with ease.

Finally, I recommend running a more defensive Zapdos spread. Zapdos is pretty great on stall teams, since it is able to counter Bisharp, Tornadus and Cobalion and Escavalier very nicely, and stops you from being destroyed by Iron Head Durant, as well as Honchkrow.

Here are the sets for Rhyperior, Chansey and Zapdos:
    Show Hide
    Rhyperior @ Leftovers
    Trait: Solid Rock
    EVs: 248 HP / 244 SDef / 16 Atk
    Adamant Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Blast
    - Stealth Rock
    - Roar

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
    Trait: Natural Cure
    Bold Nature
    - Seismic Toss
    - Toxic
    - Wish
    - Protect

Zapdos @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 248 HP / 16 Spd / 244 Def
    Bold Nature
    - Roost
    - Thunderbolt
    - Heat Wave
    - Roar

GL and I hope I helped.
  3. Pkn range6

Pkn range6

Thanks for the rate! I've never had a problem with raikou because foul play breaks Raikou sub 100% of the time (does like 30% or so) and umbreon has always won against it. I'll try the rhyperior out and the zapdos i'm not sure about cause then i'll really only have 1 offensive pokemon while my other 5 are defensive. I'm not really much of a stall person as well.
  4. Pkn range6

Pkn range6

Bump. Would be appreciated for more rates

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)