1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Completed MoonSim Inc. presents: Alchemator vs. jas61292 (2v2 singles)

Discussion in 'ASB' started by Elevator Music, Jul 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elevator Music

Elevator Music
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Moon Sim Inc.

In the deserts of Nevada, there is a deceptively large building. Why 'deceptively' large? While it seems to sprawl out across the dunes, there is actually only one room. Indeed, it is a large room, but nothing spectacular.

Though it may seem weathered and abandoned from the outside, the interior of MoonSim Inc. is as full of hustle and business as any modern corporation, but with a subtle difference. In the middle of the room, only separated from black marble flooring and whirring machinery by a knee-height plexiglass barrier, there is a little bit of the moon. Or close enough, anyway.

Hitting the temptingly-red button causes a large Pokémon battling arena to erupt from the centre, immediately entrancing the multiple Elgyem acting as aides to the scientists. They were found here in the desert about twenty years ago, and MoonSim Inc. was subsequently founded on the site. The founders couldn't remember why they'd made it - it was just as if the idea had popped into their minds. Anyway, I digress.

Gravity is being tested today, so there will be two effects in progress:

1) When the match Seeker's Pokémon is winning, all Psychic Pokémon gain the Levitate trait.
    2) When the match Seeker's Pokémon is losing, strong Gravity comes into effect.

Whether a Pokémon is winning or losing is decided by (HP+Energy)/(Original HP + Original Energy).

Alchemator's Pokemon:
    Starmie (open)
    [​IMG]
    Starmie [Steve] (N/A)
    Nature: Timid (Multiplies base Speed by 1.15 and provides a flat accuracy boost on all attacks equal to its new Base Speed squared, then divided based on its evolution stage. [+21% Acc.], subtracts one (1) Rank from Attack.)

Type:
    [Water]: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious. Splash and Ice Moves have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
    [Psychic]: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference, Disable, Focus Blast and Recover have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Stats:

HP: 90
    Atk: Rank 2 (-)
    Def: Rank 3
    SpA: Rank 4
    SpD: Rank 3
    Spe: 133 (115*1.15^)

EC: 6/6
    MC: 0
    DC: 5/5

Abilities:
    Illuminate: (Can be Activated) At any point in a match this Pokemon can illuminate the area without using an action, the light is less powerful than Flash.
    Natural Cure: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body has the ability to heal itself of status afflictions over time, it goes into effect six (6) actions after being inflicted with a status. In switch battles, this Pokemon heals all status effects when switched out.
    Analyze (DW Unlocked): (Can be Enabled) If this Pokemon attacks second during an action, its attack has +5% (flat) more accuracy do two (2) more damage. However, the opponents attacks have +10% (flat) accuracy.

Attacks:
    Tackle (*)
    Harden (*)
    Water Gun (*)
    Rapid Spin (*)
    Recover (*)
    Camouflage (*)
    Swift (*)
    Aurora Beam (*)
    Supersonic (*)
    Barrier (*)
    Scald (*)
    Thunderbolt (*)
    Thunder Wave (*)
    Rain Dance
    Hydro Pump
    Thunder
    Blizzard
    Light Screen
    Reflect Type
    Power Gem
    Mareep (open)
    [​IMG]
    Mareep [Lloyd] (M)
    Nature: Quiet (Adds a Rank to Special Attack, Divides Base Speed by 1.15 and gives a flat 10 point decrease in evasion, effectively adding 10 accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 95) to opponent's attacks directed at this Pokemon.)

Type:
    Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain. Superior senses in power plant environments.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 2
    Def: Rank 2
    SpA: Rank 4 (+)
    SpD: Rank 2
    Spe: 30 (35/1.15v)

EC: 2/9
    MC: 0
    DC: 1/5

Abilities:
    Static: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is surrounded by an electric field that has a 30% chance of paralyzing opponents that use contact moves on this Pokemon.
    Plus (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon possesses a positive electrical charge, when a Pokemon with Minus is on the field, this Pokemon’s special attacks increase their base damage by two (2). If this Pokemon also has Minus, the damage does not stack.

Attacks:
    Tackle
    Growl
    ThunderShock
    Thunder Wave
    Cotton Spore
    Charge
    Odor Sleuth
    Reflect
    Thunderbolt
    Toxic
    Hidden Power [Ice] [7]
    Light Screen
    Cotton Guard
    Signal Beam

jas61292's Pokemon:
    Murkrow (open)

[​IMG]

Murkrow [Lafayette] (M)

Nature:
    Rash (+1 SpA, -1 SpD)

Type: Dark/Flying

Dark:
    Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.
    Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

Atk: Rank 3
    Def: Rank 2
    SpA: Rank 3 (+)
    SpD: Rank 1 (-)
    Spe: 91

EC: 6/6
    MC: 5
    DC: 4/5

Abilities:

Insomnia: (Innate) This Pokemon is immune to sleep induced by other Pokemon. It's normal state of sleeplessness makes it take 1 less damage/action from Ghost Curse. If it is put to sleep by a Pokemon with Mold Breaker it will wake up the next action.
    Super Luck: (Innate) This Pokemon’s natural skill doubles (x2) its critical hit levels above other Pokemon, making its normal moves inflict critical hits 12.5% of the time and its high critical hit moves inflict critical hits 1/3rd of the time.
    Prankster (DW): (Inate) The Pokemon is always prepared for engaging in sneaky tactics and trickery, giving its non-damaging attacks an increase in priority level. (Locked)

Attacks:

Peck
    Astonish
    Pursuit
    Haze
    Wing Attack
    Night Shade
    Assurance
    Taunt

Roost
    Psycho Shift
    Confuse Ray
    Sky Attack

Calm Mind
    Thunder Wave
    Snarl

-This pokemon was caught in a Heal Ball during the Fog of War-
    Porygon-Z (open)

[​IMG]
    Porygon-Z (Blaster)
    Nature: Modest (+1 SpA, -1 Atk)

Type: Normal
    Normal: Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.

Abilities:
    Adaptability: (Innate) The moves that match this Pokemon’s type have their Base Attack Power increased by two (2).
    Download: (Innate) At the beginning of the match, the Pokemon analyzes the opponent and downloads data that lets it deal more damage. This Pokemon receives a one (1) stage increase on the offense that strikes an opponent’s weaker defense stat. (e.g. does more damage with special attacks when facing Aggron, which has higher defense, and attack when facing Hypno, which has higher special defense. For ties, Attack is raised.) This boost is maintained at the end of each round.
    Analytic (DW, unlocked): (Can be activated) If this Pokemon attacks second during an action, its attacks have two (2) more Base Attack Power.

Stats:
    HP: 100
    Atk: Rank 2 (-)
    Def: Rank 3
    SpA: Rank 6 (+)
    SpD: Rank 3
    Spe: 90

EC: 9/9
    MC: 6
    DC: 5/5

Attacks:
    Trick Room
    Conversion
    Conversion 2
    Sharpen
    Tackle
    Nasty Plot
    Psybeam
    Agility
    Recover
    Magnet Rise
    Signal Beam
    Discharge
    Tri Attack
    Magic Coat
    Hyper Beam

Thunder Wave
    Ice Beam
    Toxic
    Shadow Ball

[​IMG]
    Starmie (Steve)
    HP:90
    Energy: 100
    Speed: 133
    Other: None

[​IMG]
    Murkrow (Lafayette) M
    Speed: 91

Order of actions:
    ~ jas61292 posts actions
    ~ Alchemator posts actions
    ~ I ref the round

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE
    !
  2. jas61292

jas61292 used substitute
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

Hmm... well our Dark type would suggest an advantage here, but Starmie's good movepool and our Rash nature suggest otherwise. So lets start out by softening the blows we will be taking. Calm Mind and then Snarl twice.

Calm Mind - Snarl - Snarl
  3. Alchemator

Alchemator my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Here's a little trick I have up my sleeve...

Reflect Type ~ Thunder ~ Blizzard

Thank goodness for Timid natures.
  4. Elevator Music

Elevator Music
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Pre-Round (open)
    [​IMG]
    Starmie (Steve)
    HP:90

[​IMG]
    Murkrow (Lafayette) M

After exchanging a few words, both battlers send out their Pokemon. Alchemator sends out Steve the Starmie, while jas61292 sends out Lafayette the Murkrow. Steve comes out with a blinding flash as the light reflects off its gem, lowering Lafayette's accuracy one stage. Being apparently faster than Lafayette (perhaps due to how long Lafayette's name is....), Steve uses Reflect Type to copy Lafayette's typing, hoping to nullify the type advantage that Lafayette had. Lafayette sees this and starts to lose his cool--all he really had going for him in this matchup was the type advantage, but soon starts to Calm his Mind, raising both his Special Attack and Special Defense. Steve then fires a shocking beam of Thunder, striking Lafayette dead on, although it did not paralyze him. All Lafayette can manage to do in response to this is start Snarling, sending out a dark wave towards Steve.... that fails to connect to it. Steve, confident that it has the upper hand, unleashes an icy cool Blizzard from its gem to blast Lafayette again for super effective damage. Lafayette once again Snarls, barking out strange sounds that send another dark wave toward Steve, this time hitting it and lowering its Special Attack!

Who is winning???

Steve: (82+79)/(90+100) x 100 = 84%
    Lafayette: (44+81)/(90+100) x 100 = 65%

Due to Starmie's powerful hits, Murkrow is feeling quite a bit of pain and is currently losing the battle. The arena senses this, and all Psychic Pokemon gain the trait Levitate!

Post-Round (open)
    [​IMG]
    Starmie (Steve)
    HP: 82
    Energy: 79
    Other: -1 SpA, Reflect Type (3 actions)

[​IMG]
    Murkrow (Lafayette) M
    HP: 44
    Energy: 81
    Other: +1 SpA, +1 SpD, -1 Acc

Arena: Psychic Pokemon gain Levitate

Calculations (open)
    Action 1:
    Steve used Reflect Type!

Other Change: Reflect Type (6 actions)
    -5 energy
    Lafayette used Calm Mind!
    Stat Change: +1 SpA, +1 SpD (Lafayette)
    -7 energy

Action 2:
    Steve used Thunder!

RNG Roll (To-Hit) [<=910 Hit]: 800/1000 (Hit)
    RNG Roll (To-Crit) [<=63 Crit]: 784/1000 (No)
    (12+4.5) x 1.5 - 1.75 = 23 damage
    It's super effective!
    RNG Roll (To-PAR) [<=300 PAR]: 621/1000 (No)
    -8 energy
    Lafayette used Snarl!
    RNG Roll (To-Hit) [<=713 Hit]: 735/1000 (Miss)
    The attack missed!
    -5+1 energy

Action 3:
    Steve used Blizzard!

RNG Roll (To-Hit) [<=910 Hit]: 348/1000 (Hit)
    RNG Roll (To-Crit) [<=63 Crit]: 698/1000 (No)
    (12+4.5) x 1.5 - 1.75 = 23 damage
    It's super effective!
    RNG Roll (To-FRZ) [<100 FRZ]: 189/1000 (No)
    -8 energy
    Lafayette used Snarl!
    RNG Roll (To-Hit) [<=713 Hit]: 620/1000 (Hit)
    RNG Roll (To-Crit) [<=125 Crit]: 791/1000 (No)
    (6+3+3) x .67 + 1.75 = 7.75 ~ 8 damage
    It's not very effective...
    Stat Change: -1 SpA (Starmie)
    -9+1 energy

Order of actions:
    ~ jas61292 posts actions
    ~ I ref the round
  5. Alchemator

Hi! That first Thunder should have hit because, due to my timid nature, the roll is actually 910/1000 - it gives me a flat 21% increase on the accuracy of my attacks.

Having said that - Thunder ~ Blizzard ~ Thunder

If he ever uses Confuse Ray, I want you to Illuminate to dispel the light with your own!
  6. jas61292

jas61292 used substitute
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

Also, shouldn't the post round info have some stat drops/boosts from all my moves?

Though with that type change, more special moves aren't really a good idea. So lets do: Sky Attack - Night Shade - Sky Attack
  7. Elevator Music

Elevator Music

Hi, I'm sorry, I totally messed up that last round in terms of accuracy shit (i reffed at like midnight bad idea...). I never did Illuminate lowering Murkrow's accuracy, nor did I do the accuracy boost from Timid, so Thunder should have hit while the first Snarl should have missed. I'm going to let both of you change your moves for this round. My apologies, won't happen again!

EDIT: <%Alchemator> I'm going to stay as I am in terms of actions, if you want to edit your post saying that

jas, you still have the option of editing your actions for this round though!
  8. jas61292

jas61292 used substitute

Nah, I think I'll keep it the same.
  9. Elevator Music

Elevator Music

Pre-Round (open)
    [​IMG]
    Starmie (Steve)
    HP: 82
    Energy: 79
    Other: -1 SpA, Reflect Type (3 actions)

[​IMG]
    Murkrow (Lafayette) M
    HP: 44
    Energy: 81
    Other: +1 SpA, +1 SpD, -1 Acc

Arena: Psychic Pokemon gain Levitate

The round starts off with Lafayette glowing as he flies a little higher into the air. Steve, sensing a powerful attack coming, blasts him with another Thunder, which despite Lafayette's height, manages to connect for strong damage. Lafayette counters this with a Sky Attack, dealing a significant amount of damage but not managing to flinch Steve. Steve then shoots one final Blizzard at Lafayette, knocking out of the sky and fainting him! Almost as if it was timed perfectly, Steve's Reflect Type then fades away as it becomes a Water/Psychic-type once again...

Who is winning???

As there is only 1 Pokemon active right now, the arena reverts to normal for the next round!

Post-Round (open)
    [​IMG]
    Starmie (Steve)
    HP: 65
    Energy: 63
    Other: -1 SpA

[​IMG]
    Murkrow (Lafayette) M
    HP: KO
    Energy: KO

Arena: Normal

Calculations (open)
    Action 1:
    Lafayette charged Sky Attack...

Steve used Thunder!
    RNG Roll (To-Hit) [<=910 Hit]: 298/1000 (Hit)
    RNG Roll (To-Crit) [<=63 Crit]: 641/1000 (No)
    (12+4.5) x 1.5 - 3 = 21.75 ~ 22 damage
    It's super effective!
    RNG Roll (To-PAR) [<=300 PAR]: 314/1000 (No)
    -8 energy
    Lafayette used Sky Attack!
    RNG Roll (To-Hit) [<=675 Hit]: 356/1000 (Hit)
    RNG Roll (To-Crit) [<=125 Crit]: 515/1000 (No)
    14+3 = 17 damage
    RNG Roll (To-Flinch) [<=300 Flinch]: 551/1000 (No)
    -10+1 energy

Action 2:
    Steve used Blizzard!
    RNG Roll (To-Hit) [<=910 Hit]: 178/1000 (Hit)
    RNG Roll (To-Crit) [<=63 Crit]: 482/1000 (No)
    (12+4.5) x 1.5 - 3 = 21.75 ~ 22 damage
    It's super effective!
    Lafayette fainted!
    -8 energy

Order of actions:
    ~ jas61292 sends out his next poke and posts actions
    ~ I ref the round
  10. jas61292

jas61292 used substitute

Blaster, lets go get 'em.

Nasty Plot - Hyper Beam - Shadow Ball
  11. Alchemator

Who said there aren't perks to going first?

Hydro Pump ~ Light Screen ~ Reflect Type

That tricky Reflect Type again.
  12. Elevator Music

Elevator Music

Pre-Round (open)
    [​IMG]
    Starmie (Steve)
    HP: 65
    Energy: 63
    Other: -1 SpA

[​IMG]
    Porygon-Z (Blaster)
    HP: 100
    Speed: 90

jas61292 recalls Lafayette with a grimace, and sends out Blaster the Porygon-Z! Blast immediately Downloads information about Steve, and in doing so it raises its Special Attack! Steve, not liking where this is going, tries to damage Blaster as much as possible with a Hydro Pump. However, it is weakened from battling Lafayette, and the power of the attack is slightly diminished. Blaster starts a Nasty Plot, increasing its Special Attack even more. Steve, sensing that Blaster is about to unleash a powerful move, sets up a Light Screen to protect itself. Blaster then fires an immense Hyper Beam, boosted by its earlier Special Attack boosts as well as its abilities Adaptability and Analytic. The attack leaves Blaster a little sluggish. Steve is hit hard and is sent flying across the arena, and in response can only use Reflect Type to change its typing to Normal. Blaster, still a little sluggish, apparently does not notice this and attempts to fire a Shadow Ball at Steve, but to no effect.

Who is winning???

Steve: (38+44)/(90+100) x 100 = 43%
    Blaster: (85+78)/(100+100) x 100 = 81%

Steve is already tired from its rounds with Lafayette, but Blasters powerful attacks have left it even more exhausted. It is losing, and the arena knows this. A strong Gravity came into effect!

Post-Round (open)
    [​IMG]
    Starmie (Steve)
    HP: 38
    Energy: 44
    Other: Light Screen (4 actions), Reflect Type (5 actions)

[​IMG]
    Porygon-Z (Blaster)
    HP: 85
    Energy: 78
    Other: +2 SpA

Arena: Gravity

Calculations (open)
    Action 1:
    Steve used Hydro Pump!

RNG Roll (To-Crit) [<=63 Crit]: 953/1000 (No)
    (12+3+1.5)-1.5 = 15 damage
    -8+1 energy
    Blaster used Nasty Plot!
    Stat Change: +2 SpA (Blaster)
    -7 energy

Action 2:
    Steve used Light Screen!

Other Change: Light Screen (6 actions)
    -8+1 energy
    Blast used Hyper Beam!
    RNG Roll (To-Hit) [<=900 Hit]: 797/1000 (Hit)
    RNG Roll (To-Crit) [<=63 Crit]: 295/1000 (No)
    (15+3+5.5+4-5) + 4.5 = 27 damage
    Other Change: Sluggish (1 action)
    -10+1 energy

Action 3:
    Steve used Reflect Type!
    Other Change: Reflect Type (6 actions)
    -5 energy
    Blaster used Shadow Ball!
    It had no effect!
    -6 energy

Order of actions:
    ~ jas61292 posts actions
    ~ I ref the round
  13. Alchemator

Thunder + Thunder combo ~ Cool ~ Blizzard

If he doesn't Hyper Beam action 1, then use Hydro Pump first and shift the actions back.
  14. jas61292

jas61292 used substitute

Ummm..... 2 hits should knock Starmie out. And combos have negative priority.

So, lets go Blaster, take the Hydro Pump and then KO it before it can launch that nasty looking Thunder combo.

Tri Attack - Hyper Beam - Tri Attack
  15. Elevator Music

Elevator Music

Pre-Round (open)
    [​IMG]
    Starmie (Steve)
    HP: 38
    Energy: 44
    Other: Light Screen (4 actions), Reflect Type (5 actions)

[​IMG]
    Porygon-Z (Blaster)
    HP: 85
    Other: +2 SpA

Steve, wanting to do as much damage to Blaster as it can, fires a Hydro Pump at it. Blaster, knowing that its opponent is already weakened, attempts to hurt Steve even more with a swift Tri Attack. The attack stings, doing just a sliver under half of the HP Steve has left. Blaster then follows up by firing another powerful Hyper Beam at Steve while it is charging for its combination attack. Steve barely hangs on with 2 HP, and knowing its time is short, launches a Thunder+Thunder combination, taking full advantage of the Gravity on the field. The attack lands, and due to its incredibly high paralysis chance, paralyzes Blaster. Blaster ends it with another Tri Attack, fainting Steve!

Who is winning???

As there is only one Pokemon on the field again, the arena reverts to normal!

Post-Round (open)
    [​IMG]
    Starmie (Steve)
    HP: KO
    Energy: KO
    Other: Light Screen (1 action)

[​IMG]
    Porygon-Z (Blaster)
    HP: 42
    Energy: 57
    Other: +1 SpA

Calculations (open)
    Action 1:
    Steve used Hydro Pump!
    RNG Roll (To-Crit) [<=63 Crit]: 118/1000 (No)
    (12+1.5) = 13.5 ~ 14 damage
    -8 energy
    Blaster used Tri Attack!
    RNG Roll (To-Crit) [<=63 Crit]: 443/1000 (No)
    (8+3+4+2-5) + 3 = 15 damage
    RNG Roll (To-BRN) [<=66 BRN]: 456/1000 (No)
    RNG Roll (To-PAR) [<=66 PAR]: 135/1000 (No)
    RNG Roll (To-FRZ) [<=67 FRZ]: 955/1000 (No)
    -7+1 energy

Action 2:
    Blaster used Hyper Beam!

RNG Roll (To-Crit) [<=63 Crit]: 593/1000 (No)
    (15+3+4+2-5) + 3 = 21 damage
    -10+1 energy
    Steve used a combination of Thunder+Thunder!
    RNG Roll (To-Crit) [<=63 Crit]: 919/1000 (No)
    (27+1.5) = 28.5 ~ 29 damage
    RNG Roll (To-PAR) [<=600 PAR]: 398/1000 (PAR)
    Status Change: PAR (20%)
    -20 energy

Action 3:
    Blaster used Tri Attack!
    RNG Roll (To-PAR) [<=200 PAR]: 720/1000 (No)
    RNG Roll (To-Crit) [<=63 Crit]: 542/1000 (No)
    (8+3+4+2-5) + 3 = 15 damage
    Steve fainted!
    -7+1 energy

Order of actions:
    ~ "Alchmator sends out his Pokemon"
    ~ jas61292 posts actions
    ~ I ref the round
  16. jas61292

jas61292 used substitute

...of course I miscalculated. Darn.

Also, technically Starmie should have use Hydro Pump and then Thunder + Thunder due to Alch's substitution. But, as he got all 3 attacks in, and Hydro Pump and Blizzard have the same power (and no STAB due to the type change), the overall damage would be the same, so it shouldn't really matter

Well, I still think we can pull this one out.

Start off by recovering, then Hyper Beam it, and follow up with a Tri Attack. But if it tries to Toxic you, reflect it with a Magic Coat.

Recover - Hyper Beam - Tri Attack
    Replace 1 action with Magic Coat if Toxic is used, and push other actions back
  17. Elevator Music

Elevator Music

Oh, I missed that substitution. Yea, it wouldn't have mattered anyways but I'll go edit it in.

EDIT: done
  18. Alchemator

Silly computer virus - face the wrath o' my FIREWALL!

...wait, what do you mean it's an Electric-type?

Charge ~ Light Screen ~ Toxic (Deliberately miss)

He did say "if Toxic is used" rather than "if it uses Toxic on me" so this means he'll use Magic Coat but I won't be poisoned because I missed??? I don't know.
  19. Elevator Music

Elevator Music

Ingame that is not how Magic Coat works, but flavor-wise that makes sense so I am allowing it. Unfortunately for that strategy the following happens....

Pre-Round (open)
    [​IMG]
    Mareep (Lloyd) M
    Speed: 30

[​IMG]
    Porygon-Z (Blaster)
    HP: 42
    Energy: 57

Alchemator recalls Steve and sends out Lloyd the Mareep! Lloyd, quicker than the paralyzed Blaster, starts to Charge up electricity in its wool, raising its Special Defense for the hits it knows will come. Blaster takes this opportunity to Recover some health that it lost in its match-up against Steve. Lloyd, still preparing for some strong hits, uses Light Screen to replace the one that just faded. Blaster feels that the time is right, and looses another powerful Hyper Beam, doing a lot of damage to Lloyd, but the impact was softened due to Lloyd's preparations. Blaster is about to set up a Magic Coat when it feels a numbing sensation and becomes fully paralyzed! Lloyd, prepares a Toxic for his opponent, but at the last second turns around to deliberately miss? Strange.....

Who is winning???
    Lloyd: (67+78)/(90+100) x 100 = 76%
    Blaster: (62+38)/(100+100) x 100 = 50%

Blaster is losing, all Psychic types gain Levitate..... so basically nothing

Post-Round (open)
    [​IMG]
    Mareep (Lloyd) M
    HP: 67
    Other: +1 SpD, Charged (1 action), Light Screen (4 actions)

[​IMG]
    Porygon-Z (Blaster)
    HP: 62
    Energy: 38

Arena: Psychic-types gain the ability Levitate

Calculations (open)
    Action 1:
    Lloyd used Charge!
    Status Change: +1 SpD (Lloyd)
    Other Change: Charged (3 actions)
    -8+1 energy
    Blaster used Recover!
    RNG Roll (To-PAR) [<=150 PAR]: 851/1000 (No)
    HP +20
    -11+1 energy

Action 2:
    Lloyd used Light Screen!
    -8 energy
    Blaster used Hyper Beam!
    RNG Roll (To-PAR) [<=150 PAR]: 616/1000 (No)
    RNG Roll (To-Crit) [<=63 Crit]: 966/1000 (No)
    (15+3+5.5+4-5) = 22.5 ~ 23 damage
    -10+1 energy

Action 3:
    Blaster used Magic Coat!

RNG Roll (To-PAR) [<=150 PAR]: 9/1000 (PAR)
    Blaster was fully paralyzed!
    Lloyd used Toxic!
    It purposefully missed?
    -7 energy

Order of actions

~ jas61292 posts actions
    ~ I ref the round
  20. Alchemator

Unless I'm missing something I think P-Z should be at 27 energy rather than 38: 11 + 9 + 10 makes 30, and 57 - 30 is 27.

E: Never mind, he was fp'd.

This will be tough, Lloyd, but we can make it! First, Thunderbolt + Thunderbolt combo to make use of that Charge boost. Then you can cool off and finally use Thunder wave!

However, if he uses Magic Coat on the final action use Charge instead.
  21. jas61292

jas61292 used substitute

Wow, that was lucky. Though I must applaud you Alchemator for such an awesome idea. I just got lucky with the paralysis.

Well, I don't really feel like taking such a powerful hit, but we have no dodging moves, so we can't avoid it. However, since the last move that actually hit Blaster was Starmie's Thunder+Thunder Combo, using Conversion 2 should make us resist this next move. And if it happens to choose ground, we will be in control of this match. Then lets chill out and Hyper Beam.

Conversion 2 - Chill - Hyper Beam

22. Elevator Music

Elevator Music

The bulbapedia version of Conversion 2 says that in Gen 5, "Conversion 2 now changes the user's type to make it resist the last move the target used." The Data Audit thread description is consistent with other gens, where "Conversion 2 will change the user's current type to a random type that either resists or is immune to the type of the last damaging move it was hit by." Therefore I"m going with the Bulbapedia description, as it is more up-to-date. Sorry jas :(

Pre-Round (open)
    [​IMG]
    Mareep (Lloyd) M
    HP: 67
    Other: +1 SpD, Charged (1 action), Light Screen (4 actions)

[​IMG]
    Porygon Z-(Blaster)
    HP: 62
    Energy: 38

Lloyd, not liking the injury it sustained last round, starts to charge up a powerful combination attack. Blaster sees this coming and uses Conversion 2, trying to change its typing to something better equipped to take the blast. It ends up becoming a Steel-type for the next 6 actions! Lloyd finally uses a combination of Thunderbolt+Thunderbolt, drawing on the Charge he used last round for even more damage. Blaster decides it is getting low on energy, and chills while Lloyd is recovering from his attack. Lloyd suddenly lets out a Thunder Wave to refresh the paralysis on Blaster, while Blaster fires back a Hyper Beam, although it is significantly weakened without STAB.

Who is winning???
    Lloyd: (49+37)/(90+100) x 100 = 45%
    Blaster: (32+36)/(100+100) x 100 = 34%

Blaster is slowly regaining a lead with its powerful attacks, but as of right now, it is losing this matchup. Luck may turn the tides, but I guess we'll find out. The arena stays the same!

Post-Round (open)
    [​IMG]
    Mareep (Lloyd) M
    HP: 49
    Energy: 37

[​IMG]
    Porygon Z-(Blaster)
    HP: 32
    Energy: 36
    Other: +1 SpA, Steel-type (3 actions), Sluggish (1 action)

Calculations (open)
    Action 1:
    Blaster used Conversion 2!

RNG Roll (To-PAR) [<=50 PAR]: 84/1000 (No)
    RNG Roll (Type Change) [1 (Ghost)|2 (Ground)|3 (Poison)|4 (Rock)|5 (Steel)]: 5 (Steel)
    Other Change: Steel-type (6 actions)
    -5+1 energy
    Lloyd used a combination of Thunderbolt+Thunderbolt!
    RNG Roll (To-Crit) [<=63 Crit]: 367/1000 (No)
    (25.5+3+1.5) = 30 damage
    RNG Roll (To-PAR) [<=200 PAR]: 900/1000 (No)
    -36+1 energy

Action 2:
    Blaster chilled!

+12 energy

Action 3:
    Lloyd used Thunder Wave!

Status Change: PAR (25%)
    -7+1 energy
    Blaster used Hyper Beam!
    RNG Roll (To-PAR) [<=250 PAR]: 832/1000 (No)
    RNG Roll (To-Hit) [<=900 Hit]: 165/1000 (Hit)
    RNG Roll (To-Crit) [<=63 Crit]: 436/1000 (No)
    (15+5.5+2-5) = 17.5 ~ 18 damage
    -10 energy

Order of actions:
    ~ jas61292 posts actions
    ~ I ref the round
  23. jas61292

jas61292 used substitute

That's perfectly fine, though that should probably be brought up as a potential change in the Data thread. However, even if I had know that, I probably still would have used it. A chance to get ground was all I wanted.

Unfortunately Steel does nothing for us. But, we are coming back, so lets keep it up. Use your second recovery and then another Hyper Beam, and Chill again to keep your energy up.

Recover - Hyper Beam - Chill
    If you are fully paralyzed on action 1, keep trying recover till it works, and then chill
  24. Alchemator

That is highly relieving - I would be totally fecked if Ground had been chosen. Then again, I might still be...

Charge ~ Light Screen ~ Chill

If he's fully paralysed action 1, Thunderbolt instead.
  25. Elevator Music

Elevator Music

Alch that substitution is totally illegal for future reference 9.9

Pre-Round (open)
    [​IMG]
    Mareep (Lloyd) M
    HP: 49
    Energy: 37
    Other: +1 SpD, Light Screen (1 action)

[​IMG]
    Porygon Z-(Blaster)
    HP: 32
    Energy: 36
    Other: +1 SpA, Steel-type (3 actions)

Lloyd starts the round using Charge again to boost his Special Defense. Blaster then Recovers some more HP (it is now out of recovers for the match!). Lloyd then sets up another Light Screen as soon as the previous one fades. Blast launches another Hyper Beam, doing good damage but also expending much of the energy it has left. Both Pokemon choose to chill out and gain some energy back as the round ends. And with that, Blaster's Conversion 2 also fades, leaving it Normal-type again!

Who is winning???
    Lloyd: (31+34)/(90+100) x 100 = 34%
    Blaster: (52+27)/(100+100) x 100 = 39%

Because of Blaster's smart use of recovery, it has managed to take back the lead. The arena starts to have a strong Gravity! However, will this only be temporary? Stay tuned to find out!

Post-Round (open)
    [​IMG]
    Mareep (Lloyd) M
    HP: 31
    Energy: 34
    Other: +1 SpD, Light Screen (4 actions)

[​IMG]
    Porygon-Z (Blaster)
    HP: 52
    Energy: 27

Calculations (open)
    Action 1:
    Lloyd used Charge!
    Status Change: +1 SpD (Lloyd)
    Other Change: Charged (3 actions)
    -8+1 energy
    Blaster used Recover!
    RNG Roll (To-PAR) [<=200 PAR]: 405/1000 (No)
    HP +20
    -11 energy

Action 2:
    Lloyd used Light Screen!
    -8 energy
    Blaster used Hyper Beam!
    RNG Roll (To-PAR) [<=200 PAR]: 729/1000 (No)
    RNG Roll (To-Hit) [<=900 Hit]: 609/1000 (Hit)
    RNG Roll (To-Crit) [<=63 Crit]: 880/1000 (No)
    (15+5.5+2-5) = 17.5 ~ 18 damage
    -10 energy

Action 3:
    Lloyd used Chill!
    +12 energy
    Blaster used Chill!
    RNG Roll (To-PAR) [<=200 PAR]: 869/1000 (No)
    +12 energy

Order of actions:

~ jas61292 posts actions
    ~ I ref the round

GO TEAM, BREAK~
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)