Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd / 248 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Ice Beam
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled

special wall. im thinking of changing this into something a little more offensive, perhaps lax...

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 102 Def / 16 Spd / 140 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Spikes
- Whirlwind

skarmz, you know it.

bulky waters are a problem. also if hera dies, i lose as there is no offensive capabilities besides him.

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
No need for Skarm to Sleep Talk. Run Toxic/Counter/Taunt/etc. along with Drill Peck. Better yet, you can experiment with HP Steel for Tyranitar or HP Ghost/Bug for Starmie and Claydol.

Gyarados with Taunt will be a bitch to deal with. The only thing that isn't getting whaled on is Salamence, who's Toxic will at least force it to switch out, but it's still not that great of a counter. Pert and Skarm will be Taunted and rendered virtually useless. Maybe play around with HP Electric Pert for that. Crocune basically also means game over for you; you can't kill it, unless it's getting really unlucky with Sleep talking. If you really want to get rid of it, try SD lax or something.
On Mag/Hera, max out Speed and Sp/Atk.

Booster + Magneton is very effective against your team.
People used 2 Roarers in Advance for a reason, 1. was to take more advantage with spikes 2. Was to avoid being crippled by Magneton.

I don’t understand your Salamence set. I’m guessing your scared of CB Rock slide from Heracross? Thus giving him Hidden power Flying.
The only problem is, the opposing trainer will never allow you to get that HP kill. And eventually Salamence will be in 2Ohko range Of Heracross Slide on the switch (as Mence is slow) even with Protect to recover leftovers. Instead rely on the rest of your team more (using predictions), and use Fire Blast/Flamethrower or Dragon Claw on Salamence instead.

Having a fire attack is good cause you wont have Metagross switching into you all the time. Although I see you have Pert + Magneton. So it should die eventually.
Dragon Claw is good cause there’s a lot of things like CBAero, Rest/Talk Zap, Tyranitar etc who are going to use Mence as a chance to switch in against HP Flying. Even if Toxic got Zap down to a low health, it wont mind cause it knows when ever it likes, it will just switch in and Rest without any worries.
At the moment all Mence can do to Tar is Toxic + Protect. Which isn’t going to be very effective when Sandstorm is blocking your recover. And seeing as alot of teams have a Spinner and a Heal Beller it isn’t going down any time soon either.
Oh yeah =), with Dragon Claw it also becomes an extra CB + DDMence counter.

Now going back to having a second roarer. When your Mence switches into an enemies Mence or some other physical attacker. A lot of the time their going to switch out because of Intimidate reducing their attack. Roar would give Mence more options, and make you less predictable as the battle goes on. Which is an option you could consider, HOWEVER, I would go with Pert as your second roarer.
~ Earthquake
~ Ice beam
~ Roar
~ Protect

The only reason I would put Hydro Pump or Surf on his set, is to help prevent Skarm from setting up on the poor tadpole. But as you have Magneton theres no reason. Hydro pump hits Weezing hard also but that’s not a problem. A water attack also owns Ground or Rock pokemon when they use Counter against an expected Earthquake. Pokes like Rhydon, Donphan and mainly Regirock do this. Instead either Ice beam, which does decent damage or even better Roar them away for extra annoyance.

Having Mence as your starter is Great. Becuase depending who they start with, your opponent is going to scout it to try and find out what Moveset your using. The normal switch in is Skarm, then they switch to a water poke like Starmie to see if it has Fire Blast also. What I suggest is that the beginning of every battle, if your opponent is at a disadvantage. For instance starting with a Heracross. You should Always switch to Magneton straight away. Stopping Skarm form laying even one set of Spikes is going to benefit Swampert a lot with its Roaring duties.

Now you say you've thought about using Snorlax. I'd agree with you there. Firstly. If you were going to use him, Thick Fat has to his Trait. No one on your team can really switch into Regice with ease. Also if Lax does get frozen, you'll most likely unfreeze before your Koed with Thick Fats reduced damage.
I'll leave Snorlax's moveset up to you. But I would suggest that you include Flamethrower or Shadowball. As Gengar is a problem.
If Gengar is isn’t carrying Ice punch then Mence will be able to counter it, and if Gengar isn’t carrying Giga Drain then Pert can counter it also.

I would leave Skarm's set as it is. Rest/Talk Skar was and still is a very effective moveset. The problem with having Skarm without Sleep Talk is. Your opponent sooner or later is going to predict Blissey coming in to Heal Beller and us that opportunity to DD/ Swords dance. Which will most likely take Skarm out especially if he wasn’t at 100% when he was Heal Belled.

A Few Extra Pointers Optional
Don't just switch in Heracross and start subbing. There’s other ways to set up which can catch your opponent off guard. A tactic that MoP would use, is to switch his Heracross perpusly into a Gengar's Thunderbolt. He done this because it takes 3 Thunderbolts to Ko Heracross so after the second Bolt he would have enough health to Sub + activate Salac Berry at the same time. There's a lot more situations like this, but as I didn’t use MoPCross I don’t have them at hand, atm.

My Swampert Ev's are: 252 HP/ 156 Def/ 8 Spd/ 52 SAtk/ 40SDef
The extra speed is to beat other Pert's and be faster than Blissey also. Extra Defense is recommended highly.

I think these were Black Leather Jackets' Evs for Skarm: 252 HP/ 12 Def/ 24Spd/ 220 Sdef
I believe speed was to outrun the slower CBTar's who would have just enough speed to outrun base speed Metagross.
Having 24Spd also made it faster than Ludicolo, and Vaporeon. So if you predicted a switch in, they could be used as a chance for you to rest. Plus as your faster you would be able to roar them away with damage when you sleep. Things like CB Rhydon also.

My Skarm's don't have that much Sdef, its just that I see your going for a well rounded Skarm. So I gave that as an option.

Gyarados with Taunt will be a bitch to deal with. The only thing that isn't getting whaled on is Salamence, who's Toxic will at least force it to switch out, but it's still not that great of a counter. Pert and Skarm will be Taunted and rendered virtually useless. Maybe play around with HP Electric Pert for that. Crocune basically also means game over for you; you can't kill it, unless it's getting really unlucky with Sleep talking. If you really want to get rid of it, try SD lax or something.
On Mag/Hera, max out Speed and Sp/Atk.
SD lax? o_O

Meh Gyarados.

This is how he's going to beat Gyarados. He's going to have a Lax with Body Slam, and decent Hp + Defense (while still having enough Sdef to easily survive 3-4 Thunderbolts from Zapdos.

The idea is to have Mence switch into Gyarados. Then immediately switch out to Snorlax while Gyarados Taunts expecting Toxic or Roar. What this does is give Lax a few switch in against a Dos without +1 Atk. Body Slam has very good chance of paralysing eventually. Potentially putting Dose out the game. Even if it don’t Paralyze Lax isn’t afraid of Hidden Power and will always finish of Dos 1st.

Basically its mind games. For instance Mence has just been Taunted which prevented Toxic or Wish. You then switch to Skar while your opponent DD's. You then switch back to Mence as you know your opponent doesn’t want to get Whirlwind. Thus bringing Dos back to its original Atk stat.

Most of the time Gyarados is going to be your opponents main Hera counter. So getting in even one Rock Slide would be along way to taking it down. This helps Mence out also, cause once Gyara's health is about 50% it can be confident to chip away at its health with Dragon Claw knowing that it’ll be victorious ;-)

Talking about Menceyou should give it 46 Spd evs instead. Making sure your faster than Zaps and Celebi's who's speed is 245-246. You don't want them to be able to recover their health before you can get the final blow with Dragon Claw!

I don't usually do RMT's so hopefully my ideas help you out. Reply back once you've used the team a few times and tell me how it goes.

Talking about Menceyou should give it 46 Spd evs instead. Making sure your faster than Zaps and Celebi's who's speed is 245-246. You don't want them to be able to recover their health before you can get the final blow with Dragon Claw!
what? max speed for slow 100ers is 244, unless you want to go to 245 to beat out the slow 100ers, which aga did. The reason 244 is the max is just because of jolly ttar, which reaches 243, theres no reason to give it those extra speed evs, they opponent is dumb to make their speed 246 unless its like a +speed meta or something. Theres only a couple pokes out there that would like that speed mark.

It's only 8 evs more. It isnt gonna effect his stats that much. I realise why people use 244 speed "Hey-Oh"... I think alot more people use 245 - 246 Spd than you think. If you wanna just make sure that your faster than Tar that's up to you, but personally I don't like to be certain im faster than slow Zaps, Celebi's and Wish Mences.

Its like when people 1st began to use +Spd nature on Slaking and Salamence. 1st they would make it so they was at 300 speed. Then they'd run in and opponent that was using 301 Spd and think to themself "hmm I should use 302"
^ thats an example.

I dont really understand what you was trying to get across o_0;, but thanks for the input.

If I'm wrong, can someone else other than Hey Oh set me right please?

hera does not 2hko wishmence with intimidate being thrown around silly.

Hey oh is saying sometimes the extra 8-12 evs in speed can be used better elsewhere, whereas your saying on stuff like stalkdos, where it would hardly make any difference at all besides outspeeding other stalkdoses or no speed celebis etc.

It's really just about taste and how paranoid you are about something outspeeding you.

IMO, this team needs to watch for duggyton gyara, and last poke curselax/cmcune. Hazing Vaporeon can help around with the later 3, so can boomlax.

For shits and giggle you can use roar over toxic on mence, I use it on my stall team, phazing+intimidate is very good grounds for it. But since this is offensive, I would strongly recomend flamethrower/fireblast over hpfly.

p.s. the 'lilycove' thread is balls

Right.

hera does not 2hko wishmence with intimidate being thrown around silly.
If you re-read what I wrote... I said "EVENTUALLY mence would be in 2ohko range". Now what that means is, when his Salamence is at lets say 60%. Switching into a CB Rock Slide would kill you in two hits. Because even with Intimidate and Protect I’m quite confident that Rock Slide does over 35% worth of damage ALL the time.

If I meant, that Hera could "2 ohko Mence at 100% health". I would have said so

Hey oh is saying sometimes the extra 8-12 evs in speed can be used better elsewhere, whereas your saying on stuff like stalkdos, where it would hardly make any difference at all besides outspeeding other stalkdoses or no speed celebis etc.

It's really just about taste and how paranoid you are about something outspeeding you.
I was thinking a similar thing while I was at work today. It is "About taste". However Celebi (mainly Calm mind/baton pass ones) and Sleep Talk Zap, is going to give this team problems. Neither pokes are scared of his Swampert, his Blissey, his Mence even Skarmory (if you read back, about having 2 roarers). And to a lesser extent, Heracross + Magnetton to some also as they aren't true counters.
I just don’t want them to beat up on Mence also. During a match, there’s going to be times where Zapdos is going to be Toxiced, Low on Health, And in need of Rest. Two things could happen:

1. His opponent knowing that his going to survive Dragon Claw and Toxic damage would switch in thinking that next turn he'll just go first and Rest.
However if Mence is faster, he won't be used as a means for Zapdos to recover THE WHOLE GAME. Instead he'll get the kill.

2. The other situation is when Zapdos's health is so low, your opponent
knows the only way he's going to get Zapdos back into the game is. If he predicts a switch in of Skarmory, Swampert, Blissey or Mence. Or come in on one Swamperts quakes, Protects or Blisseys Heal Bell, Softboiled.
In this situation Mence again wont be abused like usual, and instead get the kill.

Now in Celebi's case, it won't be Toxic, it'll be extra damage from Spikes. Now against a good trainer you'll get just a few chances to finish of a sturdy Celebi. Even when Pert gets a critical hit with Ice beam with 3 layers of spikes doing damage, Celebi would just shrug it off... Calmly Recover before Pert gets the final blow.... and commence with setting up Calm minds.
Now with the extra speed this won't be happening to Mence, instead Celery would be forced to switch out. Leaving it in situation number 2, ^ which I made about Zapdos.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)