1. Post all suggestions for Pokemon Showdown in this thread. Do NOT post them in the Suggestion Box!

More leagues.

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by Dark Lizardon, Jan 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Lizardon

Dark Lizardon

Smogon has the SPL. It would be cool if there were other leagues, and it was like a promotion and relegation kind of thing. Like in football leagues in England and other countries. There is plenty of people on these forums that would love to be on a team.

It would go like this:

SPL
    Smogon Crown Championship
    Smogon Division 1
    Smogon Division 2

.....or something like that. Then there can be a big Tournament with all of the teams in each league. I know it's exactly like the tiers in soccer/football but I think it can work with Pokemon battling. It would benefit Smogon because more of its members can battle on a team. Then everyone can get a chance and it would make everyone happy. Then some managers can scout for their WCoP squads, and we can see some upsets and other things.
  2. Solace

Solace i sneezed on the beat and the beat got sicker
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Mentor

Sometimes people run SPL-like tournaments such as NPA which was SPL but with only VGC metagames, and that has finished pretty recently.

Occasionally you'll find tournaments that are run like SPL, although they aren't very common.

There are some other team tournaments like Team Trials and a few others that come up, but SPL is pretty unique with its metagame inclusions.
  3. tennisace

tennisace acrobuttdicks
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
    Super Moderator

The problem with these is always the activity level, since its stupid hard to get a lot of people to battle each other. However we're going to be looking into this, so keep watching!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)