More Soup, Obbmud vs TheWolfe (3v3 Singles, ref Darkamber)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am Requesting a Beginner 3v3 Singles in "Alphabet Soup".

DQ time: 2 days.

Any challengers?

Also, I would not like to fight Shinyskarmory again.
I'll drop my challenge with Box to go against you. Sorry Box! I've always wanted to try the Soup at least once. :P

Switch = OK
Items = Off
Abilites = All
Leethoof's alphabet soup
Field Type = Neutral
Complexity = Moderate
Format = Multiples!!!
No Restrictions

The battlers are on a solid platform in the middle of a giant bowl filled with delicious broth. No move restrictions at all, because you can safely go seismetoad on the platform and there is plenty of broth to swampert your enemies with. In the soup, there is one of each letter unown floating in around aimlessly. They are all close enough to pick up, and a battler may use one action each round (they can't just use three unowns) to use any move that begins with that letter. Once an unown is used, it cannot be used again.

Hakumen - Nohface (M)
Nature: Impish (Adds one Rank to Defense; Subtract one Rank to Special Attack)
Type: Steel/Ghost
Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Spray, can be magnetized. Superior senses in high-metal environments like construction sites or factories.
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.
KOs: 1

Abilities:
Levitate: (Innate) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading the Ground moves Bulldoze, Earthquake, Fissure, and Magnitude. Earth Power will have three (3) less Base Attack Power. Dig and Dive can strike a Levitating Pokemon if their user is over Size Class 4, has Levitate, is 3.5m or larger, or is a Flying-type. Otherwise Dig and Dive will miss. Ground moves can still hit. Levitate Pokemon will retain the Levitate trait when they use Skill Swap on an enemy, and will steal the opponent's ability (the user can specify if they want a foe or ally to gain Levitate from a Skill Swap.) If a Pokemon with Levitate uses Role Play, they will copy the opponent's abilities and retain Levitate.
Levitate: (Dream World) LOCKED.

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 4
SpA: Rank 0
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 10
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 13

EC: 1/6
MC: 0
DC: 1/5

Attacks:
-Scratch
-Tackle
-Iron Defense
-Lick
-Leer
-Odor Sleuth
-Faint Attack
-Shadow Sneak
-Curse
-Shadowstrike
-Revenge
-Perish Song

-Yawn
-Psycho Shift
-Meteor Mash

-Will-o-Wisp
-Rock Slide
-Payback

Total Moves: 18

Chugga - Koffing (M)
Nature: Quiet (Adds one Rank to Attack; Divides Base Speed by 1.15 and gives a flat 10 point decrease in evasion, effectively adding 10 accuracy on opponent’s attacks.)
Type: Poison - Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens/haze uninhibited. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus. Superior senses in urban settings.
KOs: 0

Abilities:
Levitate: (Innate) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading the Ground moves Bulldoze, Earthquake, Fissure, and Magnitude. Earth Power will have three (3) less Base Attack Power. Dig and Dive can strike a Levitating Pokemon if their user is over Size Class 4, has Levitate, is 3.5m or larger, or is a Flying-type. Otherwise Dig and Dive will miss. Ground moves can still hit. Levitate Pokemon will retain the Levitate trait when they use Skill Swap on an enemy, and will steal the opponent's ability (the user can specify if they want a foe or ally to gain Levitate from a Skill Swap.) If a Pokemon with Levitate uses Role Play, they will copy the opponent's abilities and retain Levitate.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 30 - 10 evasion
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 14

EC: 1/6

Attacks:
-Poison Gas
-Tackle
-Smog
-Smokescreen
-Assurance
-Clear Smog
-Selfdestruct
-Sludge

-Psybeam
-Pain Split
-Spite

-Sludge Bomb
-Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower
-Toxic

Total Moves: 15

Azazel - Larvitar (M)
Nature: Relaxed (Adds one Rank to Defense; Divides Base Speed by 1.15 and gives a flat 10 point decrease in evasion, effectively adding 10 accuracy to opponent's attacks directed at this Pokemon.)
Type: Rock - Rock STAB; reduce damage from all special attacks by two Base Attack Power during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.
Ground - Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.
KOs: 0

Abilities:
Guts: (Innate) This Pokemon is tenacious and will work ever harder when under a status condition, raising the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by two. Pokemon with Guts ignore the attack drop from burn.
Sand Veil: (DW) - LOCKED.

Stats:
SpA: Rank 2
Spe: 36 - 10 evasion
Weight Class: 4

EC: 0/9
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
-Bite
-Leer
-Sandstorm
-Screech
-Chip Away
-Rock Slide
-Scary Face
-Thrash

-Pursuit
-Curse
-Stealth Rock

-Earthquake
-Brick Break
-Protect

Total Moves: 14

Magnemite [Magneto] (*) (X)
Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk)

Type: Electric/Steel
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain.
Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Bomb, can be magnetized.

Abilities:
Magnet Pull: (Can be Activated) This Pokemon has the ability to generate a magnetic field that can attract or repulse Steel-type Pokemon. When attracted by Magnet Pull, Steel-types cannot move out of the immediate proximity without great difficulty, and can be pulled along by the Magnet Pull Pokemon. When repulsed, the Steel type is thrust violently away and contact attacks have immense difficulty striking the Magnet Pull Pokemon. The effect of both commands lasts for the following three (3) actions.
Sturdy: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is solidly constructed, reducing damage from an opponents attacks by one (1) damage. The effect is amplified on OHKO Moves, which are reduced by ten (10) damage.
Analyze: (Can be Enabled) (DW) (Locked) If this Pokemon attacks second during an action, its attack has +5% (flat) more accuracy do two (2) more damage. However, the opponents attacks have +10% (flat) accuracy.

Stats:

HP: 80
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
Spe: 45
Weight Class: 1

EC:
1/9
MC: 2

Moves

Level Up
Metal Sound (*)
Tackle (*)
Thundershock (*)
Supersonic (*)
Sonicboom (*)
Thunderwave (*)
Spark (*)
Lock-on (*)
Mirror Shot (*)
Zap Cannon (*)

TMs
Protect (*)
Thunderbolt (*)
Hidden Power (Fire) (*)

Total Moves: 13

Embirch [Oaky] (*) (M)
Nature: Naughty (+Atk , -Spd )

Type: Fire/Grass
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming “powder” attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.

Abilities:
Leaf Guard: (Innate) In bright sunlight the Pokemon is surrounded by a faint green glow. The glow protects it from all permanent and temporary status conditions.
Battle Armor: (Innate) This Pokemon’s thick armor prevents it from taking critical hits.
Chlorophyll (DW): (Innate) During bright sunlight, this Pokemon’s cells absorb more solar energy, doubling (x2) their speed.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 3 (+)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 50
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 3

EC: 2/9

Moves

Level Up
Pound (*)
Bullet Seed (*)
Sweet Scent (*)
Growth (*)
Ember (*)
Leech Seed (*)
Flame Wheel (*)
Giga Drain (*)
Fire Spin (*)

Egg Moves
Blaze Kick (*)
Psybeam (*)
Earth Power (*)

TMs

Brick Break (*)
Protect (*)
Flash Cannon (*)

Total moves: 16

Deino [Hydra] (M)
Nature: Mild (+Spa, -Def)

Type: Dark/Dragon
Dark: Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.
Dragon: Dragon STAB; More in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Thrash without losing focus.

Abilitys:
Hustle: (Can be Enabled) This Pokemon puts immense force and speed in its physical attacks, increasing the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by three (3), but the haste used lowers their accuracy to 80% of normal.

Stats:

Def: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
Spe: 38
Weight Class: 2

EC: 2/9

Moves

Level Up
Tackle (*)
Dragon Rage (*)
Focus Energy (*)
Bite (*)
Headbutt (*)
Dragonbreath (*)
Roar (*)
Crunch (*)

Egg Moves
Dark Pulse (*)
Earth power (*)
Head Smash (*)

TMs
Double Team (*)
Toxic (*)
Protect (*)

Total Moves: 13

Obb poke, Wolfe poke and actions, Obb actions, let's do this.

Before I start sending out my Pokemon and issuing actions, is this the same arena as Unown Soup Obbmud? Or is it just Alphabet Soup? I need clarification on this please. Thanks.

Thanks a bunch. :)

"Azazel, it's time to get hype! Let's get it on!"

Azazel - Larvitar (M)

Pull out a R and use a Rock Polish, release your Stealth Rocks, and end with an Earthquake!

Pull out R and use Rock Polish ~ Stealth Rock ~ Earthquake
Sub: If 'R' is taken, then make first action an Earthquake.

Magneto, use Unown S, and use Soak! After that, target him with a lock-on. Then, send him spinning with a Zap Cannon.

Unown S- Soak -> Lock-on -> Zap Cannon

i'm here

my excuse of the week is explosive chronic diarrhea

my excuse of not reffing until 4:30 in the morning is, ah, well i don't have one, but i'm doing it now

Larvitar (Azazel) (M)
HP: 90 | EN: 100 | Spe: 36 (-)
Ranks: 3/3/2/2 | Total: 13
Size: 1 | Weight: 4
Abilities: Guts
Other: None
Actions: Unown: Rock Polish ~ Stealth Rock ~ Earthquake

Magnemite (Magneto) (U)
HP: 80 | EN: 100 | Spe: 45
Ranks: 1/3/4/2 | Total: 13
Size: 1 | Weight: 1
Abilities: Magnet Pull, Sturdy
Other: None
Actions: Unown: Soak ~ Lock-On ~ Zap Cannon

Round 1: Shitty Delays

Magneto pulls out an Unown and tries a (Unown) Soak attack, changing Azazel's type to Water[/!] Against an Electric-type, that is going to be painful. Azazel Rock Polishes (Water Polishes?), sharply boosting his speed at the cost of -100% realism and the unfortunate sacrifice of Unown R.

Now faster, Azazel lays down Stealth Rock. Entry hazards in switch-ko battles are for pros. Magneto's single eye Lock-Ons to Azazel's waterized face. We all know what's coming.

But first, Azazel triggers a powerful Earthquake, preying on a crippling quadruple weakness of Magneto's to land some major damage! Magneto's wounded, but it still manages to land a deadly-accurate Zap Cannon, paralyzing the poor Larvitar with a powerful attack of its own.

Larvitar (Azazel) (M)
HP: 63 | EN: 74 | Spe: 27 (-)
Other: +1 Speed, Water-type (3 Actions), Paralyzed (20%)

Magnemite (Magneto) (U)
HP: 58 | EN: 79 | Spe: 45
Other: Stealth Rock

Unavailable Unowns: R, S

Magnemite Soak (8 Energy)
Larvitar Rock Polish (7 Energy)

Larvitar Stealth Rock (12 Energy)
Magnemite Lock-On (6 Energy)

Larvitar Earthquake = (10 * 2.25) - 1 = (22 Damage, 7 Energy)
Magnemite Zap Cannon = (12 + 3 + 3) * 1.5 = (27 Damage, 8 Energy)

obbmud go

Magneto! Let's start nailing him in his coffin. Use Thunderbolt. After that, TARGET and FIRE (Lock-on and Zap Cannon). If he isn't a water type at any of the time, use Mirror Shot instead.

Thunderbolt -> Lock-on -> Zap Cannon
Replace Thunderbolt and Zap Cannon with Mirror Shot if Soak isn't affecting the enemy.

"Not so fast!"

Unown C: Conversion ~ Earthquake x2
Sub: If Fully Paralyzed on turn 1, then keep using Unown C: Conversion until it succeeds, and push actions back.

Larvitar (Azazel) (M)
HP: 63 | EN: 74 | Spe: 27 (-)
Other: +1 Speed, Water-type (3 Actions), Paralyzed (20%)
Actions: Unown: Conversion ~ Earthquake ~ Earthquake

Magnemite (Magneto) (U)
HP: 58 | EN: 79 | Spe: 45
Actions: Thunderbolt ~ Lock-On ~ Mirror Shot

Round 2: Shiftiness

Magneto fires off a wicked Thunderbolt faster than the crippled Azazel can react. The Larvitar prevents any further electric shenanigans with an Unown: Conversion, transforming him into a Normal-type!

Magneto isn't discouraged, aiming at him with a Lock-On. Azazel starts another devastating Earthquake.

Collecting light in its metal exterior, Magneto focuses it into a powerful and deadly-accurate Mirror Shot, but Azazel isn't done, and Earthquakes Magneto again for more massive damage.

Larvitar (Azazel) (M)
HP: 26 | EN: 52 | Spe: 18 (-)
Other: Normal-type (1 Round), Paralyzed (15%)

Magnemite (Magneto) (U)
HP: 6 | EN: 65 | Spe: 45

Unavailable Unowns: C, R, S

Magnemite Thunderbolt = (10 + 3 + 3) * 1.5 = 24 Damage, 6 Energy)
Larvitar Conversion (4 Energy)

Magnemite Lock-On (6 Energy)
Larvitar Earthquake = ((10 + 2) * 2.25) - 1 = (26 Damage, 7 Energy)

Magnemite Mirror Shot = 7 + 3 + 3 = (13 Damage, 4 Energy)
Larvitar Earthquake = ((10 + 2) * 2.25) - 1 = (26 Damage, 11 Energy)

wolfe

Note: Larvitar has his Guts' boost active, so the Earthquakes should be dealing (10 + 2)*2.25 - 1 = 26 damage. Also please mark what letters have been used so we know what's available.

"Finish it!"

Unown E: Extremespeed ~ Unown A: Aqua Jet ~ Unown Q: Quick Attack
Sub: If E is taken, make first action into Unown M: Mach Punch

WAIT

According to SDS's new rules, I can't just ref with illegal actions, I actually have to tell you to fix them.

So, TheWolfe, only one Unown move per round.

Once you edit your actions, I'll need Obbmud to post again with either his changed actions or a "go ahead."

I think. Pretty sure this is the right procedure.

Really? That's news to me. Can you direct me to this new ruling please? Thanks.

If that's the case, I wonder if Unown substitutions are allowed.

New Commands:
Unown E: Extremespeed ~ Earthquake ~ Brick Break
Sub: If E is taken, make first action into Unown M: Mach Punch

The battlers are on a solid platform in the middle of a giant bowl filled with delicious broth. No move restrictions at all, because you can safely go seismetoad on the platform and there is plenty of broth to swampert your enemies with. In the soup, there is one of each letter unown floating in around aimlessly. They are all close enough to pick up, and a battler may use one action each round (they can't just use three unowns) to use any move that begins with that letter. Once an unown is used, it cannot be used again.

Okay, Obbmud VM'd me, so I'm fairly sure I'm allowed to keep going.

Larvitar (Azazel) (M)
HP: 26 | EN: 52 | Spe: 18 (-)
Other: Normal-type (1 Round), Paralyzed (15%)
Actions: Unown: Extremespeed / Unown: Mach Punch ~ Earthquake ~ Brick Break

Magnemite (Magneto) (U)
HP: 6 | EN: 65 | Spe: 45
Actions: Lock-On ~ Unown: Hydro Pump ~ Mirror Shot

Round 3: In Hindsight That Was Some Really Irrelevant Procedure

Extremespeed'd. Dead.

Larvitar (Azazel) (M)
HP: 26 | EN: 47 | Spe: 18 (-)
Other: Paralyzed (10%)

Magnemite (Magneto) (U)
HP: 0 | EN: 0 | Spe: 45

Unavailable Unowns: C, E, R, S

Larvitar Extremespeed = (8 + 3) * .66 = (7 Damage, 5 Energy)

Obbmud poke and moves, Wolfe moves.

Nothing I could do except for fake out.

GO!
!
FINSH HIM WITH FRENZYPLANT (unown F)!
THEN COOLDOWN.
THEN NAIL HIM WITH A GIGA DRAIN.

(unown F) Frenzyplant -> Recharge -> Giga Drain

Larvitar (Azazel) (M)
HP: 26 | EN: 47 | Spe: 18 (-)
Other: Paralyzed (10%)
Actions: Protect ~ Unown: Destiny Bond ~ Rock Slide

Embirch (Oaky) (M)
HP: 90 | EN: 100 | Spe: 50
Ranks: 3/2/3/1 | Total: 13
Size: 2 | Weight: 3
Abilities: Battle Armor
Actions: Unown: Frenzy Plant ~ Recharge ~ Giga Drain

Unavailable Unowns: C, E, R, S

Round 4: A Bang To Go Out By

Oaky lands on the field ready to go, and his feet are unpleasantly dug into by Stealth Rock. Azazel spends a truckload of energy Protecting a deadly Unown: Frenzy Plant from Oaky.

Then he takes the opportunity to Unown: Destiny Bond while Oaky sits around doing nothing. Obbmud, always have something for every action in case this happens!

Oaky Giga Drains and KO's him, and, sly spawn of a Tyranitar he is, Azazel knocks off a good 26 HP along with him due to Destiny Bond.

Larvitar (Azazel) (M)
HP: 0 | EN: 0 | Spe: 18 (-)
Other: Paralyzed (5%)

Embirch (Oaky) (M)
HP: 63 | EN: 80 | Spe: 50
Ranks: 3/2/3/1 | Total: 13
Size: 2 | Weight: 3
Abilities: Battle Armor

Unavailable Unowns: C, D, E, F, R, S

Embirch Stealth Rock'd (15 Damage)
Larvitar Protect = 7 + (((15 + 3 + 1.5) * 2.25) / 3) = (22 Energy)
Embirch Frenzy Plant = 9 Energy

Embirch Nothing
Larvitar Destiny Bond (10 Energy)

Embirch Giga Drain = (8 + 3 + 1.5) * 2.25 = (28 Damage, 11 Energy, 14 Drain)
Destiny Bond = 26 Damage

Larvitar: -26 HP, -32 Energy
Embirch: -27 HP, -20 Energy

Wolfe, poke and actions!

Note: You forgot to calculate Stealth Rock damage, so Embirch is supposed to take 15 - 13 + 26 = 28 damage.

Bring it on Chugga!

Chugga - Koffing (M)

Sludge Bomb ~ Toxic ~ Sludge Bomb
Sub: If Embirch attacks with Leech Seed, use Unown P: Protect to block it if letter P is available. If it's not available, just proceed with normal commands.

Actually, just 28. Embirch's Giga Drain recovered his lost health from SR damage, so its final HP should be 62.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)