Most Effective Clefable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This set isn't listed on the index for some reason. Personally, I think that it's the best UU Pokemon and can become virutally unstoppable if you use it correctly.

Clefable, the stalling-walling fairy!
@ Leftovers
Bold | Magic Guard
252 HP, 128 Defense, 124 Special Defense
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Softboiled
- Cosmic Power

Here's how to use it. Bring it in late-game when your opponent's phazer (if they even have any) is gone, and begin to set up. Cosmic Power up once or twice, then Softboiled off the damage taken. Repeat until you have six. Now, just stall your opponent out with Toxic and Seismic Toss. Switching into a Will-O-Wisp or Toxic will grant you immunity to sleep-inducing moves. Magic Guard is the real reason for Clefable's success. Immunity to Sandstorm, Hail, Leech Seed, Stealth Rock, Spikes, burn, poison, and much more.

I'd suggest a calm over bold with that set, with a few more EV's in Sp.def over defence,as surviving a SpecsLuke's Aura Sphere is a good asset. If you want to wall physical poke more, than Bold is fine I guess. Also, if you're not planning on using this in BL or OU, then forget what I said entirely.

Overall, I'd say that set is viable, but too hard to set up.

Most likely you'll just get phazed, which is why CM-fable beats Cosmic power-fable every time. Skarmory is immune to toxic and 3-4hko'd by Stoss, making it remarkably easy to just WW you out.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This set could work in UU, I guess. But in OU, you have to deal with Machamp and Heracross who likely OHKO you even after a Cosmic Power, Skarmory/Suicune/etc easily phazing you, and the fact that this set is utterly walled by Gengar.

I dont think that is the most successful set. I use:
Clefable @ Toxic Orb
Adamant
252 Hp / 252 Atk / 6 Spe
Protect
Facade
Meteor Mash
Fire Blast / Return

Ok, i pair this with a Gliscor. Gliscor baton passes as many Rock Polishes as possible and then baton passes to Clefable. Then Clefable uses protect to activate Toxic Orb, and then fire off 140 base power Facades.

I probably should've mentioned this, but I only use this set in UU. I also should've mentioned that it's relatively easy to set up and it has only been knocked out once while I've used it, and that was from a Critical Hit.

Note that there are many fighting Pokemon in UU( Primeape, Hitmons, Pinsir always has CC)that will still switch in to Clefable and KO regardless, although they don't like Toxic

There are a million Fable sets and most aren't bad. This one isn't.
This sweeps any team without a phazer, a Gengar (or other immune), or a strong fighting type.
Bring it in late game after scouting the opponent's team for those specific walls and it's a set.
I tend to use Facade-abuse Fable whenever I do use her, though.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Satk)
-Cosmic Power
-Belly Drum
-Double Edge
-Softboiled

Pair it with Wobbufett for a nice setup and a pursuiter for Gengar .

Yep, pretty much the best moveset Clefable can run in OU.

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
Clefable @ Leftovers
Evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Satk)
-Cosmic Power
-Belly Drum
-Double Edge
-Softboiled

Pair it with Wobbufett for a nice setup and a pursuiter for Gengar .

Yep, pretty much the best moveset Clefable can run in OU.
That's stupid. Have you ever even tried this nonsense?

Whatever Pokemon used Whatever!
Wobbuffet used Encore!
Wobbuffet switches to Clefable!
Whatever Pokemon used Whatever!
Whatever Pokemon switches to Heracross, Machamp, Infernape, Skarmory, really anything with a fighting and/or haze-like move
Clefable used Belly Drum!
Heracross/Machamp/Infernape used Attack!
Skarmory used Whirlwind!

I created the following set a long time ago:

Clefable @ Toxic Orb
252 HP / 216 Defense / 42 Special Defense
Impish
w/ Magic Guard
- Softboiled
- Cosmic Power
- Facade
- Belly Drum

The idea is to Cosmic Power/BD up until you're nigh unstoppable. Some example calcs:

Imagine a scenario where both Clefable and Garchomp come onto the field at the same time:

252/+nature Garchomp Outrage vs Clefable: 59%
252/+nature Garchomp Outrage vs 1 CP Clefable: 39%

Clefable uses Cosmic Power against 'Chomp the first turn. On the second turn, she takes 39%, leaving her with 2% left, and Softboils. She then keeps Softboiling until she has at least roughly 70% health left at the end of a turn, then she can CP again knowing she can recover off the damage before dieing. Once she's all defense'd up, Belly Drum and start attacking with Facade.

The damage calcs are nice, but I never used the set because I made a better team lol. Really any Clefable trying to set up with CP is going to get nailed by a crit before it can do anything anyway.

I thought Cosmic Power was there, but it's not. Clefable needs revamps anyway, like being focused more on UU. However, we first need to establish UU itself...

I dont think that is the most successful set. I use:
Clefable @ Toxic Orb
Adamant
252 Hp / 252 Atk / 6 Spe
Protect
Facade
Meteor Mash
Fire Blast / Return
You probably already have my redistributable Clefable, because if not, it has this very same move set and EV spread. And I agree, this is my favorite and most successful set.

Back to the point. Gilderon: This possibly could be mentioned in the analysis, but it has a few problems:

1) As what -cynthia- said, there are a lot of fighting types and moves used in UU, and nearly every one of them are faster than Clefable. If you run into one of them, you're totally screwed!

2) I ran a similar strategy with Registeel back in the GBA days with Toxic/Rest/Iron Defense/Amnesia, and it was amazing in-game. Most of the time, it works, but they'll be an occasional critcal hit that will OHKO it, which completely ruins the strategy.

3) Unlike other tanks, unless it's a ghost type or an occasional thunder wave or toxic, you really can't swtich in Clefable for many attacks. The defenses are just not high enough, and unlike other tanks, it doesn't have the resistances to make it a safe switch.

in that case i feel this should be put forward instead of clefable, this might be better for UU, this is what i personally use but it probably can be tinkered with to fit the same role

lunatone@leftovers
modest
220 HP / 220 SpA / 68 Spe
hypnosis
baton pass (for this role possibly replace with a hidden power or calm mind)
cosmic power
psychic

now this and clefable can do similar roles in setting up this had added benifit of levitate making it immune to ground (one of its weaknesses if it didnt) and spikes, however it has no healing move but is reasonably quick and has hypnosis to set up off. also STAB psychic deals with fighting types

However, we first need to establish UU itself...
If you mean the current UU then its already stabilized for the most part with a mostly complete list now. If you mean 'new UU' under Obi's proposals then that could be a problem.

Clefable has always been a trick of all trades and a master of none. On paper it looks like death on legs but when in actual practice you'll find getting it started is a feat in itself.

Whatever happen to the Calm Mind/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Softboiled? I think that one is better, unless you use Shadow Ball, and Focus Blast, over Bolt/Beam, to make Ghost/Fighting, but then Dragons walk all over you, and Grass, and Flyings

I was wondering if it could be like Bellyzard, Sub, Bellydrum, [Physical Normal Attack], [filler]?

My favourite is;

Clefable @ Toxic Orb
Adamant w/ Magic Guard
-Facade
-Meteor Mash
-Fire Punch
-Softboiled

Boosted Facade + random attack ups from MM help somewhat with the relatively low attack stat, status immunity and relative sturdyness is nice, and imo its more unique then the utility-sets.

If you mean the current UU then its already stabilized for the most part with a mostly complete list now. If you mean 'new UU' under Obi's proposals then that could be a problem.
The latter. If UU is up for a huge revamp, then perhaps all UU analyses are, especially ones about borderline cases such as Clefable.

I always felt Clefable was a support pokémon if anything.

Soft Toy (Clefable) (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP/14 Atk/148 Def/96 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Encore
- Thunder Wave
- Softboiled
- Facade

Essentially encore any status/low threat move, and either wear down with facade, heal up for later use or use the opportunity to set other stuff.

Thunder Wave + Encore is win in general.

To be honest, in UU Clefable can use a Walrein approach. Let something lay toxic spikes, and run protect, encore, sub, and fire blast. with leftovers and not taking leech seed, toxic, or burn damage it could work well.

Right now I am using Life Orb Fable to abuse Gravity:

Clefable: Life Orb
Modest Nature
EVS: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
~ Thunder
~ Blizzard
~ Sing
~ Gravity

That is a pretty hardcore set as it can beat a lot of unsuspecting foes. I find Clefable works best offensively rather the defensively.

On the subject of clefable did you know clefable can be a great counter to toxicstall pokemon as long as it runs encore and a healing move? Clefable can actually beat ToxiStall Blissey. In Fact the Wall Breaking Clefable I use is:

Clefable: Leftovers
Calm Nature
EVS: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
~ Encore
~ Fire Blast
~ Protect
~ Wish

This actually beats a ton of walls and actually when paired with a toxistaller can win games. Simply Fire Blast steel types like Skarm, and Forry. Encore a Dusknoir by switching in on his Will-O-Wisp which not only gives you status to protect yourself from sleep or thunder wave but you take no damage as you encore him while healing. Blissey is beat with Encore. Cress is beat by Encore. Hippo is beat by Wish Protect and Encore as long as you have Toxic Spikes. Wobb is screwed if you can come in after he countered you or mirror coated. Actually surprisingly effective.

To be honest, in UU Clefable can use a Walrein approach. Let something lay toxic spikes, and run protect, encore, sub, and fire blast. with leftovers and not taking leech seed, toxic, or burn damage it could work well.
Toxic spikes aren't that great in UU because of the large numbers of poison types found there.

that and pokemon like lunatone and solrock have levitate, and some pokemon with facade and or guts love the poison

that and pokemon like lunatone and solrock have levitate, and some pokemon with facade and or guts love the poison
If your going to use that argument, OU has tonnes of levitators/common fliers (Gengar, Weezing, Skarm, Gyarados to name a few), and arguably more dangerous guts abusers in Heracross, Machamp and Ursaring, so by your reasoning, toxic spikes should suck there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)