1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Most Emotional Pokémon Memory

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by inanimate blob, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Diatom

Diatom An enigma
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Everything from Icicle Forest onwards in special episode 5 of PMD2. Really, words can't describe it.
  2. balddemon

balddemon

Definitely when I beat the Elite 4 in Pokemon Yellow with my Dodrio and Sandslash. Those are the only 2 Pokemon I used the whole game and I happened to pick ones that had 4x and 2x weaknesses to Ice...lame. But when I beat it I called my buddy on the phone and was so excited haha
  3. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

HGSS has the initial battle as "Passerby Boy", so you can have another go by naming him "Boy". :X
  4. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

mfw finding a blue-flamed shiny Ponyta in FireRed, then realising I had no Pokéballs.
    [​IMG]
  5. Satisfaction

Satisfaction

what is Silvers actual name anyway? Gold has Ethan, Crystal has Krys, does Silver not have an actual name or will he just always be ???
  6. Celever

Celever

Giovanni's son? :P
  7. Gokuzbu

Gokuzbu

Giovanni jr.
  8. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

If you don't put anything in, it'll default as Silverin Gold, Gold in Silver, Soul in HeartGold and Heart in SoulSilver.

Let's just all go with Silver and be happy. :3
  9. Celever

Celever

Surely that's a bit contradictory? I mean, he's supposed to be a heart-less guy who is only interested in strong pokemon, and his name is heart.
  10. Longfellow

Longfellow

My most striking memory is when I first beat champion JOHN (don't know why I named him that) in Pokémon Red. My high-level Charizard and Blastoise had both fainted and my only remaining Pokémon was Articuno. Its cry sent me shivers. It wound up winning with just a sliver of its health remaining.
  11. ZapDraws

ZapDraws
    is an Artist

I went back to play Gold after years of it being left on a shelf, and the file was gone. The internal battery that kept the clock accurate had run out, and years of Pokemon were just gone, including a legitimate Mew...
  12. M. Rock

M. Rock

When Latios died at the end of Pokemon Heroes.

So.

Many.

Feels.
  13. Coronis

Coronis Backie Jerkhart
    is a Battle Server Moderator
    Mentor

PMD2 ending. There are no words...
  14. Referer

Referer

Absolutely this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke81c6sm4Ps

I remember watching this at my aunts house together with my younger brother and sister. We didn't say anything, but from the inside we were dying if Pikachu would really leave. Still brings tears to my eyes, at the age of 22..
  15. Celever

Celever

Since we're talking about the anime now, did anyone else cry at the ending of the first movie?
    Can't find a link.
  16. Yveltal

Yveltal

In Pokemon Ruby, I turned my Wailord into a beauty queen and entered her in all the beauty contests. Getting the master rank ribbon took many many tries for a very frustrating reason; I never saved my game. I probably won the master beauty competition with her almost ten times, but every time I got the ribbon, I had to go move something, or my battery would die, or i'd get caught up in a lecture and I'd have my GBA immediately powered off, etc. What didn't help was that the other contestants were MAJOR CHEATERS. I was consistantly thrown in second place thanks to some shock technique. Wailord's got all the ribbons now, but still!
    I also recall the trip from Johto to Kanto in my old Gold version rather well. I scoured that accursed S.S. Aqua until finally locating the Metal Coat, I was so excited!

PS, Silver in the games is officially Silver. Game freak recognizes him as Silver in every continuity he's included in.
  17. Count Serperior

Count Serperior

I've been playing since RB, but mine's very recent, BW2 actually:

Let me start off by saying that I believe that BW(and its sequel) is an incredible game. The characters, the music, the starters, the cover legends, the Pokemon, everything in it, I loved.
    (I really think that Gamefreak are in a very tough position right now, can they really top BW?!)

In BW2, after the main game, and after all the sidequests and routes, I made my way to the very last area: Nuvema town, the beginning of BW.
    Bianca showed up (I love her) and told my new character about her first adventure with my old character. She told him how they held hands and took their very first steps in their grand (and maybe naive) adventure. She then battled me and the BW Rival Theme played. I swear you have no idea how happy that song makes me!
    After that difficult battle was over (I was doing a mono-grass run and she took me by complete surprise!), I walked into Nuvema, and its theme started playing. I barely even remember the theme, but when I walked into that town, it sounded like something I've always known

It all just hit me. I was sitting there, in real life, with all my friends around me, they were playing other video games, having dinner, joking around, whatever, and I was just sitting there fully immersed, on the verge of tears and I don't even know why.

I know I wasn't gonna put the game down, finishing the story and visiting all the areas means I can finally start breeding and EV training. But when I reached Nuvema it felt like something has ended and I really did not want to let go.

The only game other than this one that made me feel like I really didn't want to finish it was Wind Waker. (When I realised I was actually minutes away from the final boss I paused and I was considering stopping and leaving the dungeon!). But WW didn't put me on the verge of tears. This sounds very dramatic and silly now that I'm saying (typing?) it out loud, but I don't know.

It was something.
    unfixable and dwarfstar like this.
  18. dcae

dcae naughty list

For me, it was a more recent memory that was important to me, but when I beat Red in HG with my original team of Pokemon, with all of them around Lvl 60, no EV training, and no healing items either. I can't remember how I did it, but I defeated him against all odds
  19. Polifroeg

Polifroeg

When I found out I couldnt use my legendaries from all my games because I trained them before I knew of EVs
  20. Matezoide

Matezoide

You can delete EVs with the Join Avenue though.
  21. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

Maybe he means nature, too.
  22. Majestic Electric

Majestic Electric

23. Proc Trainer

Proc Trainer

After I finished my Platinum version, I was cleaning my house and managed to find my old copy of Pokemon Red inside its Game Boy. For some reason, it still worked and I loaded my save that was right before the Elite Four. Beating the Elite Four with the team that I had when I was young was extremely emotional. The emotions exploded after the Pokemon Red stopped working a few days after I became the Champion... *sniff*

[​IMG]
  24. unfixable

unfixable

I bawled when I lost my Pokemon Diamond in the washing machine. Seriously, I cried for an hour straight. It was my first Pokemon game and had my very first Pokemon ever, Infernape (Nicknamed InfernoApe, I was younger and didn't know anything about it, my name was so close though >:3), and it was in my pocket, along with my DS Lite, I had forgotten to remove them ;v;. My team rekt tho, Infernape was a level 95, I remember training it with Starly's bc I thought it was fun to utterly destroy them with Flare Blitz. R.I.P. InfernoApe <333333
  25. Tathens

Tathens

Ash leaving his Charizard :((((((((((

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)