Most frustrating pokemon moments!

The new rules for the April Competition.

The fact that unless you've beaten the game, have the necessary items (or can get them quickly enough), and the means to raise Pokémon in the necessary time, there is zero point in entering the April competition.

I haven't completed Sun, and am not in a position to beat the game anytime soon, so bred by Pokémon in Alpha Sapphire, since I was able to use Pokémon brought over from there in the last competition. So when I found out that you can only use Pokémon you've raised in Sun, I was absolutely outraged. I mean, hello! Not everyone has beaten the game! They can't spend hours upon hours doing so! If I tried, I wouldn't hear the end of it from my parents, and rightfully so. I'm not some kid who can afford to spend all of his free time playing on his Gameboy!

All that time breeding and raising a team was a waste, and even then, it would have been a challenge, due to not having access to the Beasts and Tapus. But this is the last straw. Unless someone is willing to breed and raise my entire team (I can't even do the latter), there is zero point in entering, because what I caught in Sun is shit compared to what I'd have to got up against. I would loose every battle.

The Mega Stones had better be released again at a later time, or I will give Nintendo of America a piece of my mind. What's the point of entering a competition if you can't even hope to win a single fucking battle?
It's a competition with VGC rules. And as the first VGC year of the latest generation, Pokemon not in the Alola Pokedex are not allowed.

It's been this way since VGC '11 at latest, nothing new.

And besides, it's april. Almost half a year has passed since the games were released.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Also to get the Mega Stones you just need to battle. You don't need to win any battles.

I once went against someone who entered with a team of un-evolved Pokemon only to then quit on the first turn, and I only assume they did so because as long as they were in a battle it counts.

It's a competition with VGC rules. And as the first VGC year of the latest generation, Pokemon not in the Alola Pokedex are not allowed.

It's been this way since VGC '11 at latest, nothing new.

And besides, it's april. Almost half a year has passed since the games were released.
I'm not talking about the Pokédex. I've raised a Garchomp, Porygon 2, Jolteon, Metagross and Milotic. I was also considering adding my Trevenant I bred in X to the team, due to this one encounter with a Gastrodon. Trouble is they are not from Sun.

And maybe I would have beaten the game by now if I hadn't been breeding in Alpha Sapphire, or not started playing in late January when it became compatible with PokéBank, but I didn't, and I haven't.

Also to get the Mega Stones you just need to battle. You don't need to win any battles.

I once went against someone who entered with a team of un-evolved Pokemon only to then quit on the first turn, and I only assume they did so because as long as they were in a battle it counts.
I might have to swallow my pride, and do just that. Clearly, this person hadn't completed the game either. I won't even want to battle with what I have in Sun. It would be degrading.

It's frustrating that all of that effort was for nothing. Some kind players even gave me some items I requested. Disappointing I won't be using them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)