Most frustrating pokemon moments!

Bull of Heaven

That old lady that wants to keep you at her house........

You keep pressing the "A" button rapidly and wind up in a cycle of healing ;_;
I once spent 5 minutes there trying to leave....
This is why I usually press B rapidly when people are talking.

Aggghhh Whitney. I still have bad memories....
On my Soulsilver game, I had a horribly overleveled Quilava so I thought it was gonna be easy and didn't get any other pokemon. I killed her other pokemon pretty easily, but then miltank came out. I damaged it but it used attract. I never even got a hit in because Quilavia kept getting immobilized by love so she stomped me to death. I then tried again. This time, I got flinchaxed to death. Finally, I figured out that you could trade for a machop in the department store and won.

My worst Pokemon-related moment ever is a no-brainer.

I encountered a shiny Venomoth in the Safari Zone in LG. It fled.

The only other wild shinies I've ever seen were Zigzagoon in Ruby and Linoone in Emerald. Or maybe the other way around, I can't really remember.

Edit: Wow, it's been almost two years since my last post on Smogon.

In Black 2, I went to the Giant Chasm to level grind and while doing so, I found a shiny Piloswine! This was the first time I encountered a shiny in any Pokemon game, so I was very excited. Unfortunately, I got a freaking crit and killed it.

I had a similar experience in FireRed. I encountered a shiny Caterpie in the Viridian Forest, but I had no Pokeballs with me. -_-

EDIT: 100th post! Yay! :D

In Black 2, I went to the Giant Chasm to level grind and while doing so, I found a shiny Piloswine! This was the first time I encountered a shiny in any Pokemon game, so I was very excited. Unfortunately, I got a freaking crit and killed it.
Ouch. Also, neat coincidence, if not all that unlikely: that's the same Pokemon in the same location as my first shiny! Except mine was in White (1).

Atfer playing several years of Blue, Yellow, Silver, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, Black 1, Black 2, I found my first non-event Shiny pokemon in a new run in Pokemon Crystal ... A f***ing wild Zubat !

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Clocking some seven hundred hours in FireRed, I've found two shinies in total. The first one was a Pidgeotto. The second? A Pidgey. Yay for variety...

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Cynthia in white 2.

This is not because it is hard, it really is not, just the tactics that she uses. Because there really is nothing to do from levels 66-74 in the game, I've just been challenging Cynthia and since you are under-leveled and can't O/2HKO her pokemon you realize how annoying some of her pokemon are. (Also come on, she must have a high crit rate)

Spiritomb: Use a flipping deerling or stantler or something :P But besides that, double flipping team all the time and pressure just makes you run out of pp so much.
Milotic: FUCK OFF MILOTIC! I try to play pokemon in my spare time, but milotic just rest spammed in about 4 of my spare times! All I had left at the point was my keldeo, aggron and camerupt so obviously I had to use keldeo. Keldeo was just critting its hydro pumps left and right, about 4 times against milotic, but it never did it twice in a row, and milotic would just use rest again... and again.. and again.... (and then carry on for, like, 13 times). I counted, she uses rest 13 times on my game before she runs out. Effing cheater...

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Also this, so far I have found 2 pokemon in hidden grottoes. Great... Even worse, they have both been MALE COMBEE.

cb aaron judge

ALL RISE
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Cynthia in white 2.

This is not because it is hard, it really is not, just the tactics that she uses. Because there really is nothing to do from levels 66-74 in the game, I've just been challenging Cynthia and since you are under-leveled and can't O/2HKO her pokemon you realize how annoying some of her pokemon are. (Also come on, she must have a high crit rate)

Spiritomb: Use a flipping deerling or stantler or something :P But besides that, double flipping team all the time and pressure just makes you run out of pp so much.
Milotic: FUCK OFF MILOTIC! I try to play pokemon in my spare time, but milotic just rest spammed in about 4 of my spare times! All I had left at the point was my keldeo, aggron and camerupt so obviously I had to use keldeo. Keldeo was just critting its hydro pumps left and right, about 4 times against milotic, but it never did it twice in a row, and milotic would just use rest again... and again.. and again.... (and then carry on for, like, 13 times). I counted, she uses rest 13 times on my game before she runs out. Effing cheater...
Her mons have been proven to have perfect IVs, which may explain of her difficulty.

Heart gold. Set out to train my Cyndaquil.
Wild Hoot hoot appeared
*sparkling sound*
10 seconds later, I have no Pokeballs.

*Runs into a double battle between a shiny Steelix and a Graveler due to hanging out with Ridley*

*Sends out pokemon and Lucario.*

*Hopes Lucario would attack Graveler*

*Lucario force palms the Shiny Steelix*

Cue the rage

I legitimately got Pokerus in-game, and because I had no clue what it was at the time I thought, "Oh no my pokemon are infected with a virus!" So i restarted. Later I researched Pokerus..... D:

*Runs into a double battle between a shiny Steelix and a Graveler due to hanging out with Ridley*

*Sends out pokemon and Lucario.*

*Hopes Lucario would attack Graveler*

*Lucario force palms the Shiny Steelix*

Cue the rage
You should have attacked Lucario. Though that only helps if you've the power to OHKO it.

Not really frustrating, but during my BW run, I came across a shiny Liepard about Level 32 (God she was a BEAUTY, with red/black sparkling color). The problem is I just finished off Cynthia in a rebattle, so naturally, all my pokes are over levelled against that Liepard. (Why did I left my Breloom in the computer) I cross my fingers and BOOM, send out Metagross with Leftovers, and then...1 Ultra Ball = 1 shiny Liepard.

I was just playing XD and I had only my Walrein and Eldes only had his Lapras with barely yellow health left. I tried to paralyze the thing with Walrein's body slam but couldn't. SO I began throwing Ultra Balls at it but it kept breaking out on the 2nd wiggle. I max revived my Shiftry in case Walrein got KOed and guess what happened?

Lapras used Shadow Storm.
Critical hit on Shiftry!
Critical hit on Walrein!

I whited out and lost the three other shadow Pokemon I snagged from him, Salamence, Manectric and Marowak. It mad me so mad that I just turned off the game and gave up.

I'm not giving up. I'm just taking a break for a few hours. I just wish my Gardevoir wasn't OHKOed by every shadow move so I could T Wave the shadows.

Zubats... 'nuff said!

You go into a dark cave, forgetting you pokemon with flash...
Every damn step you get a Zubat!!!

Since it's most frustrating "pokemon" moments, mine aren't in the gb games, but on Pokemon Stadium, haha. The first one, especially, since all I had were rental pokemon.
I remember in round 2, I managed to claw my way through the elite four, only to lose to my rival and have to start ALL over again. I was so pissed, I don't think I touched that game for a while after that!

the only shiny I ever encountered was a Graveler in soul silver on route 45. I threw a great ball. it did not catch and the Graveler promptly self-destructed.

ugh

Posted from Smogon.com App for Android

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)