1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by mingot, Mar 16, 2009.

1. CPrime

CPrime

Well, sure, it's a bit much, but if you can always tell what delay you hit then you might as well do it, right?
    I don't know why it would be working any differently now, unless you forgot to change your DS date or something.
  2. Shurokun

Shurokun

Nah. I changed everything accordingly. But yeah, I will try that and see if it works.

I won't set it that far. Maybe 50 delays and 0 seconds.

Question. If I did something last night and saved, would it mess me up? I caught some Pokemon and then went back and saved, in front of Latias.
  3. CPrime

CPrime

Whatever floats your boat. I mean, I'm pretty good at abusing the RNG in my opinion, since I can usually hit my target delay within 3 tries. But I still leave the wide parameters on, just in case. Every now and then RNG Reporter gives me something weird, like off by 30 delays and 6 seconds, when I know I wasn't off by that much. In your case, such a result would yield "no Elm responses found" or whatever it says.
  4. Shurokun

Shurokun

Question. If I did something last night and saved, would it mess me up? I caught some Pokemon and then went back and saved, in front of Latias.
  5. CPrime

CPrime

No, that wouldn't mess anything up. The only thing that could mess it up is saving after you catch Latias, but that's pretty obvious.
  6. Bakus

Bakus

If you have roamers out, then that's the only thing I can think of that would mess you up since you've already reverted the time and everything back?
  7. Shurokun

Shurokun

Yeah. I just did what Cprime said.

I was found out I hit a delay 100 back. xD

But yeah, now I am getting close to them.
  8. Frozen_Spirit

Frozen_Spirit

How do I find a shiny ID/SID spread for a PID?

EDIT: Found it. :)
  9. chi-zusaki

chi-zusaki

Is there a way to easily hit the delay you want? Is the easiest way to use the PikaTimer or is there some other way?
  10. Bakus

Bakus

Pikatimer is perhaps the easiest you can possibly get, lol. Just try to hit it at the same time everytime you do it so that when you adjust, your adjust is a result of the same times...if you're good, you can probably do it in like 5or less tries, haha.
  11. COKTAL

COKTAL

Make sure you take the PID and not the seed. I did that for my HG game, and didn't realize it for about a day an half. So I had to start over from the begging with another ID abuse.
  12. Rocket Boss Giovanni

Rocket Boss Giovanni

Ok, the Seed-to-Time finder in RNG reporter is really confusing me... Why does it generate the seed twice and how do I use the times it gives me? Help is much appreciated =)
  13. mingot

mingot free agent
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

How to use the times: Pick one.

They all generate the same seed.
  14. Osostewie

Osostewie

what does it mean if i get over my delay (too slow pushing button? Too fast?) and pikatimer is the best way?
  15. CPrime

CPrime

PikaTimer is the best way to gradually adjust to get closer and closer to your target delay. If you get a delay higher or lower than your target delay, you can plug it into Pikatimer, which will automatically adjust for you.
    How far off your delay were you?
  16. Joel

Joel

Anybody know if there is a way to force a starting to switch from odd to even?

I have been trying to save, and re-save to make it change, but no luck yet. The frame switches for me, but it keeps staying odd, and I need it to be even.
  17. Riski

Riski

If you're on HGSS, you can scroll down the continue screen until you see wifi settings on the page down and then scroll back up to continue.
  18. Joel

Joel

Nope, unfortunately I'm on Platinum.

*side note* I had someone try to find a seed that had an odd target frame, but my spread combined with my parents only appears on an even target frame.
  19. COKTAL

COKTAL

I've found that going out and catching a pokemon, then returning helps some times (more often than just re-saving). Besides that, you may need to search for higher odd frame ones.
    I think he's talking about frames in DPPt breeding, not delay. But that does help (I usually just throw in a GBA game myself).
  20. Joel

Joel

I have a slot 2 w/ 3rd gen games, but I thought they only changed my delay from odd to even?
  21. Riski

Riski

Right. Frames not delays. :-( My bad.
  22. roberto22

roberto22

Hi. I have a quick question regarding legend abuse in dppt. when i find a spread under method J and it lists "frame" and "actual", which do i use when calculating how many journal flips? for example it says:

frame actual
    775 786

which do i use?
  23. sichi

sichi

okay, thanks, after i get my seconds and delay,is it okay not do calibration again?
  24. Bakus

Bakus

You should really only do calibration once - save breeding in DPPT, there shouldn't be any other time you'll need to do it again.

EDIT:

Roberto22: Use frame
  25. Christian

Christian

Ignore the actual. The actual is the method 1 frame.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)