1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by mingot, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Cassie

Cassie giant claw

Use the poketch coin flipper and see if the result matches the result that is says about in the frame you chose.
  2. Plusle

Plusle

Won't the npcs mess it up
  3. Shaniqua

Shaniqua

@Riski- Thank you, it worked!
  4. Zari

Zari Xenobladeaholic
    is a Contributor Alumnus

NPCs only advance the standard RNG frame for IVs and such. The coin flip/happiness checker go off of the IRNG, for egg PIDs and such. While the NPCs will advance the LCRNG frame, you can verify your seed regardless :)

EDIT: @Ventus, make sure you're on a bike when you use sweet scent; having a pokemon behind you makes the frame advancement of SS vary; otherwise you are correct :)
  5. ventus603

ventus603

Thanks for the response Zari. XD
  6. infernape-5

infernape-5

in methode j RNGing if your seed time is 6:59:59
    so i will have to change my ds time exactly to this time and go to the game
    or i will change my ds time to 6:59:00 and quickly after 1 second at 6:59:59 i will start the game
  7. Shaniqua

Shaniqua

How do you run a OT/SID RNG to make these shiny? I'd love to have a flawless latias
  8. Taruta

Taruta

Pokewalker RNG'd pokemon are generated via Method 1 right?
  9. firestorm xl

firestorm xl

what do they mean in the RNG reporter when it says coin flips:H,T,H,H and stuff like that? im trying to practice RNG so i wanna hatch a shiny egg to get the hang of it/
  10. Riski

Riski

Take a PID from one of those spreads and use it in Pandora's Box on RNG Reporter. If you want two shiny spreads at once, I suggest you choose the modest ability 0 or the timid abilty 0 PID, since these two are twins and show up on the same game if you RNG the SID/OT for either of them. All spreads have a twin, but the twin spread does not always have a good nature.

However, if you want to generate a combo with something useful for more than ubers, you might want to look into this set

(TIMID, ability 1) 30\11\31\30\31\31 (HP Grass 70)
    (MODEST
    , ability 1) 30\11\31\30\31\31 (HP Grass 70)

See my thread for a list of spreads that come with other spreads in one game. Use PokeRNG to generate the PIDs.
  11. Plusle

Plusle

I assume you have your seed. Click shiny only and find a shiny with the right nature and ability. If there are none repeat. Once you have found a good frame right click it then click poketech taps. Follow the instructions then go and put your parents in the daycare colect the egg and it should hatch shiny.
  12. firestorm xl

firestorm xl

yeah i do but are taps for most good natures supposed to be like 7000+ taps and stuff like that? and also do i need to withdraw the parents from the pc first or can i have them in my party?
  13. Bakus

Bakus

If you're going for shininess and nature of eggs in DPPt, you will definitely want to go to Time Finder >>> Shiny Egg >>> and perform those actions instead of doing it at the main window because as you see, those taps are ridiculously high, lol.

The drawback to doing it this way is that you have to hit your delay at least twice. One for the shiny egg and another for the IV generation.

And having your pokemon in your party is more beneficial than having it in the PC.
  14. DarkChaos (HCZ)

DarkChaos (HCZ)

Sorry but thats incorrect it much more complcated then that

IV's and the frame of that pokemon are generated on wondercard method,

To see what the nature will be you have to do calculations and a frame that will correspond (its not the same frame) to your calculations in Dppt Normal Egg PID
    Try using the shiny egg time finder to get easier shiny eggs

1. Have all 6 pkmn including parents in your party
    Save infront of the daycare lady
    SR and try to hit your time, YOU MUST VERIFY YOUR SEED VIA COIN FLIP
    When you hit the correct seed, then do the happiness tap and then the other coin flip that is in the shiny egg time finder.
    Then correctly put the correct parents and the correct order in the daycare (if you just want an shiny egg just put the correct pokemon in the daycare, dont worry about the order)

Then get the egg to generate and it should be shiny

Edit: Beaten by Bakus :)
  15. riddlinkid

riddlinkid

Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out why I can't run PokeRNG on my computer. I got a new laptop since I last visited smogon, and it runs RNG Reporter just fine but for some reason when I go to download PokeRNG it shows up as an unknown file type. Is there some software or update I may be missing that would cause this? I'd love to know for sure that the ID/SID combo I successfully hit had the shiny spread I wanted and frames/encounter slots and such, and RNG Reporter takes years in comparison to search.
  16. firestorm xl

firestorm xl

ok i got my times and flips and stuff what now? i have a delay of 603
  17. ventus603

ventus603

How much does my frame advance after catching a pokemon in the grass after a sweet scent?
  18. Nexus

Nexus Day 358: Believe
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Wi-Fi Commissioner

the actual frame + 6, so if you caught a pokemon whose actual frame was 104 then you'd be on frame 110 here's a guide written by ditto for more information http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75297
  19. DarkChaos (HCZ)

DarkChaos (HCZ)

Are you planning to rng a pkmn by SS or playing to advance your frame by SS?

Anyway the end result will be the actual frame you were on + 6 then +1(as long your on a bike) for SS

beaten by Nexus
  20. ventus603

ventus603

oh ok thanks so much Nexus and Darkchaos.

EDIT: I was actually attempting to catch more in SS while i was in the groove but I'm happy with only one lol.
  21. Shaniqua

Shaniqua

ok, I hope that i'm doing it correctly!

-At the top of pandora's box i copypasted the Seed into "Seed (hex)"
    - Then i copypasted the PID into the "Shiny PID" section
    - I checked search for trainer ID
    - Put in my ID
    - Set a minimum of 1, and then checked maximum search

Now it is searching...
  22. firestorm xl

firestorm xl

what do you mean by try to hit my time? do i need to change my ds time or something?
  23. DarkChaos (HCZ)

DarkChaos (HCZ)

By time, i mean the target time. Just a quick question, have you read the the 6. Guide on page 1 yet? If not, you may want to read it because I use alot of terms from the guide. Also are you trying to get a shiny egg on Dppt?
  24. firestorm xl

firestorm xl

yes on platinum. and i read it so im just not used to trying to hit times and whatnot
  25. Shurokun

Shurokun

Okay. Guys I hit my delay. So what do I do now?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)