Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

You're not so much averaging as seeing what you hit the most, ie what you're most consistent at. From the looks of it, 13/12 takes the cake for seconds. Reason it's two and not one number is most likely because you're not totally consistent with mashing "a" to get to past the continue screen.

What you do next is dependent on whether or not you're using emloop or pikatimer. If pikatimer, you're fine since you'll be going for higher delays and possibly higher seconds anyways. With emloop, you really need to narrow your second values down to 1 number.

I think I calibrated my SS well (With a SMW Game Pak in the GBA slot if it matters.) I've come up, after ten tries, 11.4 seconds and 492 delay. Should I round to floor or ceiling?

Seconds: 6 Delay: 491
Seconds: 7 Delay: 499
Seconds: 12 Delay: 485
Seconds: 12 Delay: 493
Seconds: 12 Delay: 487
Seconds: 13 Delay: 491
Seconds: 13 Delay: 499
Seconds: 13 Delay: 495
Seconds: 13 Delay: 491
Seconds: 13 Delay: 485

And after I hit and confirm my target time (With the Elm method), where do I go from there to catch my perfect IV Pokemon? (I will be using Check IV AR code for this.)

Use 491 as your delay as you hit it the most.

@Cprime: well after watching the WHOLE cut scene i figured that out but how many frames does the cut scene advance and i can skip it right? One more thing, i advance all of my frames right as i step into the circle or when do i advance them?

EDIT: If i leave can i come back if i havent gotten any of the dragons?

DBL EDIT: When do i record where my roamer (entei) is, like in the seed to time window?

I'm trying to get a schroomish via the headbutt method, but does anyone have an encounterslot card for headbutting pokemon. I tried using the regular encounter slots. In my test a 1 for scent in the grass, and a 0 in the rest resulted in a schroomish, but when I hit the frame with the same visable encounterslots it was a hootoot. I caught it and checked it's IV's and they where a perfect match with the frame. This confirmed the my RNG-method was good, but I'll need to be able to calculate headbutt encounterslots, and know on wich slot schrommish is on.

@Cprime: well after watching the WHOLE cut scene i figured that out but how many frames does the cut scene advance and i can skip it right? One more thing, i advance all of my frames right as i step into the circle or when do i advance them?

EDIT: If i leave can i come back if i havent gotten any of the dragons?

DBL EDIT: When do i record where my roamer (entei) is, like in the seed to time window?
Unfortunately, you can't skip the cutscene. Fortunately, it doesn't seem to advance the frames at all. You literally just RNG the dragons like any other standing legendary, except you walk one step forward instead of talking to them.
If you leave, you should be able to come back.
You don't need to record your roamer at all, but in Seed to Time, you can click the box for Entei (E) near the top.

I'm trying to get a schroomish via the headbutt method, but does anyone have an encounterslot card for headbutting pokemon. I tried using the regular encounter slots. In my test a 1 for scent in the grass, and a 0 in the rest resulted in a schroomish, but when I hit the frame with the same visable encounterslots it was a hootoot. I caught it and checked it's IV's and they where a perfect match with the frame. This confirmed the my RNG-method was good, but I'll need to be able to calculate headbutt encounterslots, and know on wich slot schrommish is on.
This hasn't been figured out yet. You should try different frames with the same Spread. It's gonna take awhile for you to get the Shroomish one though.

Is there a list of encounter slots and how to use them or something? I'm sure I could hit my delay and everything just fine for wild catches, but I can't find any information on Sweet Scenting or encounter slots for HGSS.

This hasn't been figured out yet. You should try different frames with the same Spread. It's gonna take awhile for you to get the Shroomish one though.
Yeah I know, I tried an entire seed for this thing, and all where hoothoot and a seedot. Unfortunatly poisonheal=earlybird and keen-eye. So I didn't even got a consolation pokemon. The main problem is that all other seeds have very high frames (seeds that I know of). I don't want to use those unless I know it's going to be the right encounter.

So next question, does anybody know a 30+/30+/25+/x/25+/31 jolly ability 1 spread with low frame (under 126). It's not on the excellsheet I downloaded from the first few posts (or the main site).

Yeah I know, I tried an entire seed for this thing, and all where hoothoot and a seedot. Unfortunatly poisonheal=earlybird and keen-eye. So I didn't even got a consolation pokemon. The main problem is that all other seeds have very high frames (seeds that I know of). I don't want to use those unless I know it's going to be the right encounter.

So next question, does anybody know a 30+/30+/25+/x/25+/31 jolly ability 1 spread with low frame (under 126). It's not on the excellsheet I downloaded from the first few posts (or the main site).
Use wichu's program on the first post of this thread.

@cprime: thanks again!

Is there a list of encounter slots and how to use them or something? I'm sure I could hit my delay and everything just fine for wild catches, but I can't find any information on Sweet Scenting or encounter slots for HGSS.
Sweet Scent advances the frame by one, (for grass and caves anyway, I haven't personally tested it on water, but I don't see why it should be different) and you'll run into the Pokémon on the advanced frame. For example, if you use it while you're on frame 12, the Pokémon and stats of frame 13 will appear. So use it when you're one before your target frame. It's also recommended that if you're in grass or a cave to be on your bike as the Pokémon walking behind you can mess up the frame advancement. I personally haven't run into the problem myself, but better safe than sorry.

If you're using RNG Reporter, on the main window, input your seed, click generate, find your frame, right click and select Calculate Encounter Slots. If you're using Sweet Scent, the ones you want to pay attention to are Sweet Scent (Grass/Cave) or Sweet Scent (Water) It'll show you what encounter slot corresponds to that frame and has clickable links to all the 4th gen games. Click which game you're using, and look up the corresponding location and slot. If the species isn't the one you want, look at other frames for the same seed and they'll give you different Encounter Slots and hopefully one of them will be the one you want.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sweet Scent advances the frame by one, (for grass and caves anyway, I haven't personally tested it on water, but I don't see why it should be different) and you'll run into the Pokémon on the advanced frame. For example, if you use it while you're on frame 12, the Pokémon and stats of frame 13 will appear. So use it when you're one before your target frame. It's also recommended that if you're in grass or a cave to be on your bike as the Pokémon walking behind you can mess up the frame advancement. I personally haven't run into the problem myself, but better safe than sorry.
yeah it's been found that Sweet Scent advances by 1 or 2 depending on the game, once you find by how much it advances on your game it will consistently be that number. For example, on my game it advances the RNG by 2, so if I'm on frame 12 and I sweet scent, the frame the Pokemon will appear on is frame 14.

OK what am I doing wrong? I used winchus RNG program to find a spread. I found this

PID: 07e675a4 (IMPISH, ability 0) 28/31/31/24/31/5 (Seed: 3b1102bc Method 1: 214, J (synch): 197, J (no synch): 199, K (synch): 197, K (no synch): 197) HP GRASS 54

I copied the seed into seed to time finder and found a time (12/25/2098 at 17:00:15) so I then set my time to a minute before and hit my delay. If it helps my delay is 602. I verified my delay and then figured out my journal flips. I decided to use this: J (no synch): 199. So I figured that I need 97 flips and I have 5 members in my party so 128 steps. So I did the steps while hitting the dots to activate registeel. I hit 128 steps infront of registeel and then did 97 flips. After the flips I talked to the stature and registeel was shiny, what went wrong?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OK what am I doing wrong? I used winchus RNG program to find a spread. I found this

PID: 07e675a4 (IMPISH, ability 0) 28/31/31/24/31/5 (Seed: 3b1102bc Method 1: 214, J (synch): 197, J (no synch): 199, K (synch): 197, K (no synch): 197) HP GRASS 54

I copied the seed into seed to time finder and found a time (12/25/2098 at 17:00:15) so I then set my time to a minute before and hit my delay. If it helps my delay is 602. I verified my delay and then figured out my journal flips. I decided to use this: J (no synch): 199. So I figured that I need 97 flips and I have 5 members in my party so 128 steps. So I did the steps while hitting the dots to activate registeel. I hit 128 steps infront of registeel and then did 97 flips. After the flips I talked to the stature and registeel was shiny, what went wrong?
Registeel has a starting frame of 1 so you have to take that into account, in other words interacting with the Registeel statue advances the RNG by 1, so the number of journal flips you have to to do is 199 - 1 = 198/2 = 99 journal flips, do you have any roamers like cresselia, mesprit, or the legendary birds running around Sinnoh?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
Nope that was it, when you step on the dots, do that advance your frame at all?
no that does not advance the RNG. Although, if you're going to do journal flips only its best to run across the dots then save in front of Registeel instead of doing flips then running across the dots.

just making sure i have this right, so for my dialga i save one step before im in the middle of circle then when i hit my frame, i walk onto the circle and then watch the cut scene and i will have my dialga?

I'm pretty confused by this RNG stuff, so forgive me if my questions are terrible. >_>

- In the seed finder, what does the number under seconds mean? While I can consistently get a delay of 626, my seconds flux the high 20s to the high 50s...

- I'm checking out spreads on the "special spreads" spreadsheet I got on the "How to Catch Perfect Pokemon" page, and I found one I like. Thing is, since I'm trying to RNG a Method J pokemon, I have to "use the seed from the spreadsheet and "Generate" using Method J. Finally, locate your desired spread in the output and use that result as your target frame.", which I tried to do, but it doesn't work and the spread I had isn't appearing.

ObviousEnd:

Seconds mean seconds into the minute. If you start the game exactly at 0 seconds (when a new minute starts) this number will be your "delay" in seconds.

No idea about catching, sorry. :p

just making sure i have this right, so for my dialga i save one step before im in the middle of circle then when i hit my frame, i walk onto the circle and then watch the cut scene and i will have my dialga?
I've done the RNG (multiple times now) saved in the very middle of the circle.

He's RNGing Dialga at the Sinjoh Ruins, so the dragons are Method 1.
method one huh? does that mean i do anything at all different than if it was K?

ohh ok i thought right when you hopped on the circle that it asks if you want to choose dialga or whatever but ok here i coommmmeee

EDIT: i still have Entei out, does he matter at all?

method one huh? does that mean i do anything at all different than if it was K?

ohh ok i thought right when you hopped on the circle that it asks if you want to choose dialga or whatever but ok here i coommmmeee

EDIT: i still have Entei out, does he matter at all?
Roamers, especially all three of them, save loads of time on RNG because you can spot your delay faster, provided you confirm your seconds at least once during each particular RNG project. Aside from that, Entei being loose only makes it impossible to catch a pokemon on a frame one seed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)