Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

There's something I do not really understand (but the answer is probably simple) : When you try to RNG wild pokemons, if the one you are trying to get only has a 5% chance of appearing, do you just have to do all the frame advancing stuff, and then be lucky? Is there a way to garantee that one single pokemon will always be appearing?
On each frame of a seed, has an encounter slot. Each poke has it's own encounter slot. When you find the seed you want in RNG reporter, it will show the list of frames, find the frame you want, right click it, and look for "calculate encounter slot."

Click that, it will list a bunch of encounter slots for Sweet Scenting on Grass/Caves, Water, and fishing.
Click on the game's encounter slot, for what you want to see.

ventus603: No, I meant that each tree only has one pokemon in it. So if you headbutt and a Spearow falls out of it, then every time you headbutt a Spearow will fall out of it. Find a different tree ^^

EDIT: Winters Zombie: Pictures ^^

oh ok, so if I were looking for a Heracross only tree, I'd find it right? I found two and they contain Heracross, Spearow and Combee all in one. Heracross is not like the other ones like Starly and Slakoth who have their own trees.

Hi everyone ^^.

I have issues with RNG on my SoulSilver game. I read Riski's guide about it, but here lies my problem: I already captured Ho-oh, and when I Rare Candy a Pokemon to level 50 in order to be able to check my Seed, it says "No Seed for DATE and TIME".

I'm trying to calibrate with this method especially because I don't have a clue on what delay I usually hit (I let 18 to 35 seconds pass before pushing A on the start menu).

So what could I do ? ^^

Hi everyone ^^.

I have issues with RNG on my SoulSilver game. I read Riski's guide about it, but here lies my problem: I already captured Ho-oh, and when I Rare Candy a Pokemon to level 50 in order to be able to check my Seed, it says "No Seed for DATE and TIME".

I'm trying to calibrate with this method especially because I don't have a clue on what delay I usually hit (I let 18 to 35 seconds pass before pushing A on the start menu).

So what could I do ? ^^
Do you still have Mewtwo on the game? You could use it for the calibration.

I will remove the rare candy suggestion on my thread, since your results suggest it isn't feasible for those without an AR.

Unfortunately, I already catched every single legendary in my game. I learned how to RNG just 1 month and a half from now so... ^^"

All I can see now as a solution is to catch a Poke in the Silver Mountain, but this is quite random, as even level 45 Pokes in there are not high-leveled enough sometimes to give me my Seed :/

Rare candies do work for getting a seed, but only if you use them to calculate the IVs and use Find Seed by IVs. If after getting the exact IVs of a caught pokemon you still find yourself getting no date and time, then there's something else going on with your RNG.

You could try 495 as your usual delay and either 15 or 16 seconds as your usual seconds. You will have to make a note while doing your RNG whether you consistently discover yourself a second too high or too low. This will indicate that your usual seconds is either lower or higher than the one you are using. (Edit: this last is just in case you want to try to RNG without calibrating on your own game.)

i was having the exact same problem but then i figured out a way! go into mt silver and rock climb up the wall and exit the cave. Once out side have a level 50 poke in front of your party and use a repel (could use repel before you save if you want) then just walk around till you get a level 50 or 51. Problem solved.
Here you go! This is how you do it.

@Riski: you should add this to your guides because in them it says you dont know how or where to catch level 50 pokes.

I will try it this way with the Rare Candies tomorrow ( 1:35 here in France ^^). Actually I think this will work, indeed ! Sorry I didn't think about that earlier.

Thanks for your help ! Bye :)

And how do I abuse Lugia, by the way? I can't use the Elm method. @_@
The way I got Lugia was via the roamers to check my seed, and then walking 128 steps to advance the frame. That way you can do it all inside Lugia's cave, and you don't need to calibrate; it actually turned out one of the easiest and hardest RNGs I did. Easiest, because ever time the roamers matched I had indeed hit the seed and managed to do the advances perfectly; hardest, because I was intent on catching Lugia in a premier ball, and it kept escaping. So I had to do the whole RNG 6 or 7 times.

Of course, you need the roamers to still be roaming to do it this way.

The way I got Lugia was via the roamers to check my seed, and then walking 128 steps to advance the frame. That way you can do it all inside Lugia's cave, and you don't need to calibrate; it actually turned out one of the easiest and hardest RNGs I did. Easiest, because ever time the roamers matched I had indeed hit the seed and managed to do the advances perfectly; hardest, because I was intent on catching Lugia in a premier ball, and it kept escaping. So I had to do the whole RNG 6 or 7 times.

Of course, you need the roamers to still be roaming to do it this way.
Nice to see you back! :D

It seems I couldn't hit my frame with different combinations of Joey and Elm calls. -__-

My target frame is 576 and I always get 574, 577 or 578. I couldn't even hit 575 or 576. Am I doing something wrong? I'm abusing Latios at the fanclub and I already used a savestate cause it's really annoying. Are there other ways to advance the frame or something?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

It seems I couldn't hit my frame with different combinations of Joey and Elm calls. -__-

My target frame is 576 and I always get 574, 577 or 578. I couldn't even hit 575 or 576. Am I doing something wrong? I'm abusing Latios at the fanclub and I already used a savestate cause it's really annoying. Are there other ways to advance the frame or something?
yeah, the thing is when you leave the fan club the NPCs in Vermilion City can move and screw up your frame, RNG Latias at the Pokemon league, trust me you'll have a muche easier time RNGing it there than at the fan club where the frames are unstable.

yeah, the thing is when you leave the fan club the NPCs in Vermilion City can move and screw up your frame, RNG Latias at the Pokemon league, trust me you'll have a muche easier time RNGing it there than at the fan club where the frames are unstable.
Thanks a lot for answering Nexus. But how do I abuse it at the Pokemon League? What should I do?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks a lot for answering Nexus. But how do I abuse it at the Pokemon League? What should I do?
you could use the radio to do your frame advanceents and for seed verification, take a look at this http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2723051&postcount=288 there's a program called RadioSeed that lets you use the radio like elm calls to advance the frame and keep track of it, since the radio works in the Pokemon league you can use that. There's a link to download Radio Seed on the first post of this thread. What you do is save in lance's room and RNG like you normally would while there, the battle with lance wont mess up your frame advancements. here's a guide for RNGing at the pokemon league as well it's at the bottom of the post.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2559264&postcount=2

Himanattsu: Reaching your target time should almost always be done in any soft reset. It's hitting the delay that's difficult. Use Wichu's program to find a spread. In any case, take the seed and enter it into the seed box in the main window and in seed to time as well. From there, verify that you hit your delay and advance to the desired frame. On another note - the roamers do not advance the frame inconsistently. They're actually more helpful in RNGing imo.
I already know the delay I'm aiming for (2809 delay, 0:46:81 seconds if it matters). Can't I just wait out the number of delay in the intro, wait the number of seconds, and press Continue?

Edit: I actually used Wichu's program and the seed I got from the spread was the same exact spread I got from the spreadsheet I used from the Smogon guide, except the delay was 11,249. Which frame should I aim for?

Double Edit: The seconds for Wichu's program being 3:01.48...? Do I wait three minutes, one second, and 48 hundredths of a second?

Quick question about SID!
I used to do a bunch of RNG work in Platinum, but it has been a long time since I have done it.
I now have a different desktop/laptop and all that, and none of my notes on paper. So I no longer remember my SID. :(

But in my boxes I have some hatched shinies that are untouched. Can I possibly use them to determine SID? I don't remember if it HAS to be a caught one or not.

you could use the radio to do your frame advanceents and for seed verification, take a look at this http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2723051&postcount=288 there's a program called RadioSeed that lets you use the radio like elm calls to advance the frame and keep track of it, since the radio works in the Pokemon league you can use that. There's a link to download Radio Seed on the first post of this thread. What you do is save in lance's room and RNG like you normally would while there, the battle with lance wont mess up your frame advancements. here's a guide for RNGing at the pokemon league as well it's at the bottom of the post.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2559264&postcount=2
Thanks a lot. This is very helpful since I'm still trying to learn how to abuse in HG/SS.

That's a good tip. Sure I'll add it as soon as I get back from work. :-) Thanks.

haha i remember a while ago you didnt understand what i was trying to say (welli didnt explain ti very well) and you thought i was saying your guide was wrong or something, but i was just trying to tell you that! lol Your welcome btw

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
haha i remember a while ago you didnt understand what i was trying to say (welli didnt explain ti very well) and you thought i was saying your guide was wrong or something, but i was just trying to tell you that! lol Your welcome btw
Sorry I can't really give any useful advice but I was wondering if you had any luck with that pikatimer thing??

If you want to get it at the fanclub, you need to aim for a whole bunch of frames and hope you get lucky. Sometimes you can even get the right frame by offsetting the wrong way... So, for example, you might get something like:

Target: 576 Actual caught frame (after checking IVs): 574
Attempt to hit: 578 Caught: 575
Aim: 579 Caught: 580
Aim: 573 Caught: 576

Basically, it jumps around all over the place, and you can't really predict where it will be. It could be that it's impossible to hit your frame. You could try hitting every frame within ten either way, but it could take a while.

If you want to get it at the fanclub, you need to aim for a whole bunch of frames and hope you get lucky. Sometimes you can even get the right frame by offsetting the wrong way... So, for example, you might get something like:

Target: 576 Actual caught frame (after checking IVs): 574
Attempt to hit: 578 Caught: 575
Aim: 579 Caught: 580
Aim: 573 Caught: 576

Basically, it jumps around all over the place, and you can't really predict where it will be. It could be that it's impossible to hit your frame. You could try hitting every frame within ten either way, but it could take a while.
So, it's possible that I won't really hit my frame?

You have the NPC's of an entire town to contend with. The moment you walk out that door, any number of them will advance the frames.

I'm trying to use PokeRNG to give me a good Hidden Power spread, but how do I plug in the seed it gives me into RNG Reporter if I'm breeding? I feel like it should be obvious, but I can't figure this out..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 23)