1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Join our new official channel, Victory Road, on PS! Read this for more information.
  3. Smogon's first ever Official Smogon Mafia Game is now open for signups! Check it out here!
  4. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.
  5. Ever find yourself missing out on the latest Smogon articles? We've now got a subscription service, so the newest articles (of your choice) are delivered right to your inbox! Check it out here.

Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by mingot, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Riski

Riski

If you have a DS lite, you put a GBA game into the gba slot. This will change your delays from odd to even or the other way around. I'm not entirely sure what you do if you don't have a DS lite.
  2. zack

zack

Thats the problem. You need 6 in your party.
  3. Freak of Nature

Freak of Nature

Thank you so much I am sick of resetting for an hour to get the nature XD
  4. Taruta

Taruta

Alright, I'm having issues with RNG Reporter

I'm trying to get a Pichu egg from Seeds 9F170201 and CF170201 in HGSS

However, everytime I do the elm calls, it shows up incorrectly, where as a seed check via capturing a high level pokemon it tells me "You hit your delay and seconds, I don't see what your complaining about"

Is it a glitch or what? And yes I've made sure to click HGSS Inheritence and select Breeding (HGSS), but please help a guy out here
  5. CPrime

CPrime

What are you RNGing for? IVs or shininess/nature?
  6. Taruta

Taruta

IVs, I've done it before and it worked fine, except this time I haven't a clue of what's going on
  7. CPrime

CPrime

If you've done it before, then I think the only thing that could be wrong is that an NPC could be messing up your frame. Have you checked the IVs of the one that hatches?
  8. Pokemon?

Pokemon?

Can someone please link me to the information on Pokewalker abuse? Thanks
  9. Taruta

Taruta

Yes I have, they were spot on.

Also, frame advancements via NPCs affect elm calls? This is news to me
  10. jones115

jones115

Yeah I have a dsi,with my ar
  11. zack

zack

12. Riski

Riski

Which game are you doing your RNG on? If it's HGSS, you can scroll down to the screen that shows mystery gift and go back up again. This will also change your delays. But you have to choose a seed with a delay large enough to let you do this. You need a few more seconds spare time.
  13. CPrime

CPrime

Oh, sorry, so you aren't actually having any problems getting your Pichu, it's just that RNG Reporter is being weird. In that case, I really can't help. I've had the roamers off before, but I've never had Elm calls that don't match up.
  14. jones115

jones115

Ok so like suicunes delay of 1208 I can do that with it
  15. zack

zack

Change the year.
  16. Taruta

Taruta

Actually I just got it, the NPCs movements made the first 2 messages skip, so I checked from there, got the egg and got my Pichu with HP Ice 70.

I did not know that such a think affected the elm calls though.
  17. Ayame

Ayame

Excuse me, when abusing for SID/ID in SoulSilver, when does delay start counting? Is it when you press new game? Or when you click No thanks when it asks if you want any info on the control?
  18. zerohorus

zerohorus

I starts counting as soon as your game starts loading up from the:

@2010 Pokemon
    @1995-2010 Nintendo
    """

thingy
  19. Ayame

Ayame

Eh really? For abusing you SID and your ID?
    Isn't the star for of RNG abuse? =o

I taught it was the same deal as in Pearl where you click the new game button..
  20. zerohorus

zerohorus

It is the same as RNGing in Pearl, the delay also starts when the game is loading up, but if you have calibrated in your Pearl, then you should know that it takes you 14-16ish seconds to enter the game world and that the delay has a radio that you see often (something like 619-630) in that time, but the delay can go on until you enter the world (or it resets back to 0)
  21. Ayame

Ayame

Oh im not talking about RNGing Pokemon I was talking about reseting for your ID/SID combo.
  22. riddlinkid

riddlinkid

It's the exact same thing.
  23. Ayame

Ayame

Ah I always taught it started when you pressed the new game screen, well that explains some things, well I had 2 timers one started at the begining as a procauttion (in case it started at the begining) but I wasn't always attentif to that one, thanks that will make my calibration much easier! ^^

Wow working so much better, thanks!
  24. Osostewie

Osostewie

At the first timer you soft reset, then just go through everything then press A when Oak says "See you later". Then go talk to your mom and get your ID card and then check it in pandoras box.
  25. » Sasuke Uchiha

» Sasuke Uchiha

I have a problem with Pokegear's radio: I advanced the frame of 63, alternating between the stations "Trainers Profile" (lower left, +3) and "Pokemon search party" (lower right, +1), then I've captured Ho-oh and the frame is always higher than 2 / 3 .. What's wrong?

I've killed all roamers..

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)