Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I have Platinum and I want to RNG a flawless Ditto for breeding, but I checked the encounter slots lists, and Ditto's encounter slot in Trophy Garden is not mentioned (nor is any of the pokemon that only appear when you talk to the guy).

What is Ditto's encounter slot in the Trophy garden, assuming the guy made it appear today?
it helps to scroll down the first post, it was on the first page in this post http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1821938&postcount=6

Code:
Slot 6: 80-84 5% (Trophy Garden, Current)
Slot 7: 85-89 5% (Trophy Garden, Previous)

Assuming I can hit the delay pretty easily, is 650+ a reasonable/non time consuming number for a target frame in HG to go for on a regular basis? I only needed to advance the frame from anywhere between 4-59 on my current ID/SID, but I used elm calls to be on the safer side. If I used the radio instead, would 650+ be reachable in a short amount of time? lol

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Assuming I can hit the delay pretty easily, is 650+ a reasonable/non time consuming number for a target frame in HG to go for on a regular basis? I only needed to advance the frame from anywhere between 4-59 on my current ID/SID, but I used elm calls to be on the safer side. If I used the radio instead, would 650+ be reachable in a short amount of time? lol
Definitely. If you use the Elm Responses to Frame function of RNG reporter, it'll jump directly to whichever frame you're on right then. Personally, it would take me about 2 min to hit that frame, and I don't go really quickly.

Definitely. If you use the Elm Responses to Frame function of RNG reporter, it'll jump directly to whichever frame you're on right then. Personally, it would take me about 2 min to hit that frame, and I don't go really quickly.
okay, and when you say it would take you about 2 minutes you mean using the bottom right-hand corner of the radio, right? (tapping the bottom right corner button then dragging the cursor back to the middle and repeating ~650 times, because it advances the frame by one?)

Am I correct in understanding that the Lottery to SID tool only works for HG/SS and there is still no way to find SIDs in Platinum without catching a shiny (one random or several chained) or someone using an AR?

5th Gen RNG research?

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the place to post and I don't feel comfortable starting a thread on this...

Has anyone yet done any research on RNG for the 5th gen (bw)?

Thus far i'm able to find out...the seed for stationary Legend encounters doesn't change with movement, etc -- it's 'set' when you load the save.

(i.e. the IV/nature of the stationary legend is fixed as you enter the game, as long as you don't trigger any wild encounters)

I'd expect the RNG abuse to be simpler for 5th gen, as far as timing is concerned.

I can't read into mem so this is as far as I'm able to conclude.
Looking forward for someone more experienced to update on this matter...
thank you

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the place to post and I don't feel comfortable starting a thread on this...

Has anyone yet done any research on RNG for the 5th gen (bw)?

Thus far i'm able to find out...the seed for stationary Legend encounters doesn't change with movement, etc -- it's 'set' when you load the save.

(i.e. the IV/nature of the stationary legend is fixed as you enter the game, as long as you don't trigger any wild encounters)

I'd expect the RNG abuse to be simpler for 5th gen, as far as timing is concerned.

I can't read into mem so this is as far as I'm able to conclude.
Looking forward for someone more experienced to update on this matter...
thank you
New research generally gets posted here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61090

I just successfully RNG'd a perfect male Jolly Smeargle on my Emerald cart. It was a split spread, and I'm still not sure what that means, or how I was able to hit it. It only took three tries... :)

I'm sort of paralyzed as to what I should do next. Should I make more? Should I chain through the other breeding groups until I can make a perfect Butterfree? Should I get a Ditto with 31 HP/SD and go for a perfect Metagross? I'm just stoked that I was able to get it to work :D
~Uiru

Okay, the pokeRNG software says the frame in Method J is 687 and my starting frame is 1. So when I try to get to the frame, it's not gonna be an even number when I start the journal flips. It's gonna get me to either 685 or 687 instead of 686. Which means if I get to 687and start the battle with heatran, it will increase the frame by 1 point and it will be 688 frames.

EDIT: but wait. According to the rng reporter, it says that the 688 frame is also the frame to get the same heatran that I'm looking for, right? Or am I mistaking?

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Okay, the pokeRNG software says the frame in Method J is 687 and my starting frame is 1. So when I try to get to the frame, it's not gonna be an even number when I start the journal flips. It's gonna get me to either 685 or 687 instead of 686. Which means if I get to 687and start the battle with heatran, it will increase the frame by 1 point and it will be 688 frames.

EDIT: but wait. According to the rng reporter, it says that the 688 frame is also the frame to get the same heatran that I'm looking for, right? Or am I mistaking?
It just happens that for seed 3D0C0329 at frames 687 & 688 that the PID values come out identical as that can often happen. To make live easier and to capture this desireable naive hp-grass heatran, Let's follow these exact steps:

1. have 10 different journal entry dates with captured or defeated pokemon on them with the last being your target date.

2. have a naive synchronizer in lead if targeting frame 687 and save the game standing in front of heatran.

3. make sure your DS clock is synchronized with a digital watch by the minutes and seconds with the date and hour of your DS same as your target for seed

4. coin toss about 10 times to verify it exactly matches the pattern of T,H,H,H,H,T,H,H,T,T if not then restart
current frame = 1

5. once above matches, open journal to first journal entry (should have target date and captured or defeated pokemon shown.
current frame = 1 + 2 = 3

6. Repeat this step exactly 19 times: press A 9 times to go to last journal page, then B 9 times until you get back to the first journal page without exiting journal (that could screw things up)
current frame = 3 + (19 * 9 * 2 * 2) = 3 + 684 = 687

7. at this point, you should exit the journal then press A to face heatran.

I hope this is clear enough.

Okay I got a question,
today I've heared something about finding your SID with RNG reporter where you need to catch the shiny gyarados at lake of rage. Could anyone explain it to me a lil bit? Cause I really wanna find out my SID for breeding shinies.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Okay I got a question,
today I've heared something about finding your SID with RNG reporter where you need to catch the shiny gyarados at lake of rage. Could anyone explain it to me a lil bit? Cause I really wanna find out my SID for breeding shinies.
let me know if this helps

1) Save directly in front of the Red Gyarados. You must save prior to interacting with the Red Gyarados, as you will be catching it multiple times.

2) Interact with the Red Gyarados to start the battle and capture it.

3) Check the IVs and nature of Red Gyarados. You must calculate the exact IVs of the Red Gyarados you caught, since a range of IVs or an incorrect IV will produce incorrect results. Metalkid's IV Calculator is a useful tool for determining the IVs. Since the Red Gyarados is at level 30, you may have to level it up to obtain accurate IVs.

4) Once you have determined its IVs, enter the necessary information into Chain to Seed and click Calculate. The information you entered (nature, IVs, gender ratio, and ability) should appear in the gray box below.
Additionally, you should see the possibilities value, initially at 8192, decrease.

5) Reset or turn off your game without saving and repeat steps 2-4 until Chain to SID displays an SID based on the information entered.

Okay I got a question,
Catch at least 5 "red gyarados" and write down their exact IVs,nature, ability and gender (you must not use a synchronizer), then input your results in RNG reporter (Chain to SID function) as well as your Trainer ID.

EDIT: Meh, I was late :D And yes, you need to soft-reset your game so that you can catch it multiple times.

It just happens that for seed 3D0C0329 at frames 687 & 688 that the PID values come out identical as that can often happen. To make live easier and to capture this desireable naive hp-grass heatran, Let's follow these exact steps:

1. have 10 different journal entry dates with captured or defeated pokemon on them with the last being your target date.

2. have a naive synchronizer in lead if targeting frame 687 and save the game standing in front of heatran.

3. make sure your DS clock is synchronized with a digital watch by the minutes and seconds with the date and hour of your DS same as your target for seed

4. coin toss about 10 times to verify it exactly matches the pattern of T,H,H,H,H,T,H,H,T,T if not then restart
current frame = 1

5. once above matches, open journal to first journal entry (should have target date and captured or defeated pokemon shown.
current frame = 1 + 2 = 3

6. Repeat this step exactly 19 times: press A 9 times to go to last journal page, then B 9 times until you get back to the first journal page without exiting journal (that could screw things up)
current frame = 3 + (19 * 9 * 2 * 2) = 3 + 684 = 687

7. at this point, you should exit the journal then press A to face heatran.

I hope this is clear enough.
Okay. But didn't the guide or one of you guys told me that clicking on heatran to start the battle increases the frame by one point?

Excuse me for double posting on this thread. But I have one more question.

Like what enfusion and Bakus told me 5 or 4 days ago, they told me to adjust the time on the pikatimer by adding the delay that keep hitting over and over again into the other delay so I can hit the correct one.

So the two delays that I keep hitting right now are these right here:

T,T,H,H,H,H,H,T,T,H Naive 3d0c0319 14 782 4 times
T,H,H,H,H,H,H,H,T,H Naive 3d0c0317 14 780 2 times
So since the top one is the closet delay and I hitting hit it more the second one, do I put that in the other delay slot to adjust the pikatimer?

Expert Evan

Before we go any further, are you using either a DSi or DS-Lite?

I'm asking because those delays you reported are even numbers as opposed to your target delay which is an odd number

edit: Shouldn't 3d0c0319 have a delay of 783 in the year 2010? What date are you using?

Before we go any further, are you using either a DSi or DS-Lite?

I'm asking because those delays you reported are even numbers as opposed to your target delay which is an odd number

edit: Shouldn't 3d0c0319 have a delay of 783 in the year 2010? What date are you using?
I'm using a DS - Lite. And I'm using the date 01/01/2011

Expert Evan

If you're hitting 782 and need to hit 798 instead, then you will need to adjust your timing until you're able to hit 798. I'm not so familiar with pikatimer as I use my own digital clock with set times to go by.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 29)