Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

You do not need a parent with the nature. In fact, everstone screws up your RNGing because it does not take everstone into account. All you need is a flawless ditto(or something in your desired pokemon's egg group) and a male evee with the eggmoves you want.
Okay, let me see..... ummm.....

I have Syberia's ditto. It's flawless, right?

Forgive me if this is a stupid question (and it probably is), but there's something I'm not understanding. When you call Elm 9 times to verify your seed, does each of those phone calls made advance the frame by 1 of does the total 9 calls advance the frame by 9 (as in, one frame each call or one frame total calls)?

EDIT: Never-mind, I figured it out :P

it's relatively easy if you are just looking for 31/31/31/31/31/31 offsprings
but when you start messing with hidden power type, like you want to make one with hidden power Fire 31/31/30/30/31/30 it will be harder because now the offspring must inherent HP/Att/SpD from Ditto and the rest has to be randomly generated as 30.

And how long did it take you get the right pokemon that breed with just one good parent?

What is it easy or hard?
It takes the same amount of time. Im just saying you have more results to choose from. Personally, DPPt breeding is a little time consuming because of NPCs. However, it only takes maybe an hour or two. If you have a copy of HGSS then I would suggest it instead as it will only take about 30 min because of one NPC that is pretty easy to work around.
@Leeward: That is true but I find theres no difference between finding a 30 or 31. Just depends on whats available at certain times. Pikatimer/Emloop makes it easy to fix this problem really.

It takes the same amount of time. Im just saying you have more results to choose from. Personally, DPPt breeding is a little time consuming because of NPCs. However, it only takes maybe an hour or two. If you have a copy of HGSS then I would suggest it instead as it will only take about 30 min because of one NPC that is pretty easy to work around.
@Leeward: That is kinda true but I find theres no difference between finding a 30 or 31. Just depends on whats available at certain times. Pikatimer/Emloop makes it easy to fix this problem really.
Okay, well... I'm gonna need some time to find a male eevee with flail and endure because I don't have one. And I also need to be sure that none of the parents are hacked because I was just told a minute ago that using hacked parents (even the ones that are legal hacked) will make the hatched pokemon into hacks. Thank you for the info and the advice.
I'm really tired right now. So I'm gonna take a break.

@Leeward - and thank you too. ^^

Okay, well... I'm gonna need some time to find a male eevee with flail and endure because I don't have one. And I also need to be sure that none of the parents are hacked because I was just told a minute ago that using hacked parents (even the ones that are legal hacked) will make the hatched pokemon into hacks. Thank you for the info and the advice.
I'm really tired right now. So I'm gonna take a break.

@Leeward - and thank you too. ^^
Well to be honest with you, if you have (a) hacked parent(s). Technically doesn't make the baby hacked to the game nor Nintendo, but some people on Smogon don't like that the parents are non-legit.

And I might be able to help you with that Flail and Endure Eevee, I think I have one somewhere >.<

Well to be honest with you, if you have (a) hacked parent(s). Technically doesn't make the baby hacked to the game nor Nintendo, but some people on Smogon don't like that the parents are non-legit.

And I might be able to help you with that Flail and Endure Eevee, I think I have one somewhere >.<
Okay. then I'll use legitiment parents and thank you. That's very nice of you. ^^

Okay. then I'll use legitiment parents and thank you. That's very nice of you. ^^
I have one too as well.

My question: Is there any way to check what frame you are on in Lance's room (besides the roamers, I want to make sure I don't go a few frames over.)? I'm about to RNG Latios and when I couldn't call Elm during Raikou, I freaked out... Thanks.

I'm having a little trouble. I'm trying to RNG my ID/SID so that I can get an Adamant Ability 0 spread with an ID that matches one of my previous games but I am having trouble finding a match. I was wondering, for those who have ID/SID abused with a specific ID# in mind, is it generally hard to find a match, or have I just been unlucky?

ok. i need some help. i am having trouble getting a consistant frame on platinium. my seconds remain 15, my delay 600-610, but my frame is anywhere from 8-12. any ideas? i am new to rng and this is my first attemp

ok. i need some help. i am having trouble getting a consistant frame on platinium. my seconds remain 15, my delay 600-610, but my frame is anywhere from 8-12. any ideas? i am new to rng and this is my first attemp
This is for RNG Breeding IVs correct?

I'm RNG Breeding a Flawless Shiny Modest Seviper and my target frame for my egg is 20, but my save frame is 5. Is there anything I can do to get on an even frame, or do I have to start over with another egg?

I'm RNG Breeding a Flawless Shiny Modest Seviper and my target frame for my egg is 20, but my save frame is 5. Is there anything I can do to get on an even frame, or do I have to start over with another egg?
There's no need to ruin the save position. Try generating seeds at higher delay ranges and higher maximum frames and see if you can get the same spread with an even odd frame.

i Found this seed

31F402BF
Target time: 20:03:15
Frame: 22
Date: 9/05/2010
Delay: 693
31/A/A/31/31/A

My delay is 625. Should I try to use this instead? Or should I aim for a higher delay? I set the max delay at 725.

Sorry, but I meant odd frame. Look for an odd frame so that you can get to it with journal flips. Delays aren't a big deal if you're using Pikatimer.

Hitting delay is whatever you're comfortable at. With pikatimer, you can go into the thousands and ten thousands. For eggs though, that seems good enough to me - bu tmake sure your save and target frames matches, ie odd and odd or even and even. Advancing with the journal for small frames isn't too bad :)

tjtoot: NPCs that move randomly advances your frame. To get a consistent save frame in an area with a small amount of moving NPCs (ie breeding in Solaceon), you just have to hit a as fast as you can to talk to the old man. If you're still getting varying results (off by one or two max...maybe three) then resave when the cowgirls don't move.

Diabolico: You can easily make a male Eevee with those moves. A flawless Ditto is generally good enough to RNG breed in as long as you can hit delays outside of your calibrated delay.

Ok, I found a seed with my delay and an odd frame.

1A0D027B
Delay: 625
9/01/2010
time: 13:02:15
31/A/31/A/31/A
Frame: 43

So when the journal pops up with a caught pokemon on the first page when entering the game, the RNG is advanced by 2 right? So I do 18 more flips after that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)