Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Save frame is 5 if I recall right from your earlier post. 43-5 = 38. First journal has a page with caught/defeated so -2 and 36. So 18 flips to pages with caught/defeated and you're good to go :) Pages without caught/defeated will not advance your frame.

Ok, I will let you know how it turns out. The frame same frame part was the part I failed to understand about RNG breeding. Thanks for clearing it up for me.

EDIT: I did it. I got the Seviper. Thank you Bakus and Riski

So I am trying to pick up an egg at frame 13600. This is what the reporter is saying right now:

13599 - K
13600 - E (where the spread is located)

I made the call which gave me K, so do I pick up now or after I make another call that gives me E?

I assume I pick it up now, but I'd rather be 100% sure rather than reaching the frame again.

So I am trying to pick up an egg at frame 13600. This is what the reporter is saying right now:

13599 - K
13600 - E (where the spread is located)

I made the call which gave me K, so do I pick up now or after I make another call that gives me E?

I assume I pick it up now, but I'd rather be 100% sure rather than reaching the frame again.
No more calls, pick it up. Just curious lol but why 13600 frames?

No more calls, pick it up. Just curious lol but why 13600 frames?
Because I wanted to see how long it would take to just get a random seed, and advance the frame via radio spamming to get a spread. Instead of random timing errors, I can calculate it all. Since the radio advances 13-14 per "pokemon talk" I can do this quickly. took about 30 mins, which really isn't that bad.

Because I wanted to see how long it would take to just get a random seed, and advance the frame via radio spamming to get a spread. Instead of random timing errors, I can calculate it all. Since the radio advances 13-14 per "pokemon talk" I can do this quickly. took about 30 mins, which really isn't that bad.

Yeah I guess it's not that bad. For someone who has trouble hitting delays that could be a really good option. It usually only takes me 15 minutes at the most though the normal way.

Yeah I guess it's not that bad. For someone who has trouble hitting delays that could be a really good option. It usually only takes me 15 minutes at the most though the normal way.
It shouldn't take as long the next couple of times, since this was my first time trying it this way. I was calling elm a lot more frequently just to see what my average advancement was per unit of time (minutes) of mashing through the radio stations with the stylus, haha

I've gotten 3 RNGed pokemon done in a day (the normal way of timing the delay) on my first day, I was just curious as to how this would work out.

Hello ! I have a couple questions relating to RNGing for standing legendaries.

First, I am trying to RNG for shiny azelf with good IVs. I start on my journal, but I close out of it (it does not start on a defeated POKEMON page), check my coin flip, go back to the journal, and then close out. Has this advanced the RNG 1 or 2 times, since I have seen azelf twice? (assume I have not flipped any pages at all or seen a defeated POKEMON page)

Secondly, while I do not hit my seed, I hit another seed. Can I do anything with this, or should I continue to try to hit the first seed? (Like instead of 1e17033e 2010.09.30 23:01:15 820 I hit 2217033E 2010.09.30 23:01:19 820)

Thank you in advance for all the help :)

EDIT : Ah, I forgot about my last question sorry. That white screen before the black screen with the credits loads, what does that affect? Is that part of the delay? I'm sorry if this is a silly question;;;

Need some help with Illumise. Like what I did for the Nidoran male, I just changed its gender ratio to 75% male and choose male for the gender, but it didn't work with Illumise when I choose 75% female and female as a gender. Do I need to look for a specific PID in the Shiny Egg Finder or something else? I should I try to RNG the egg again because it might be random?

Hello ! I have a couple questions relating to RNGing for standing legendaries.

First, I am trying to RNG for shiny azelf with good IVs. I start on my journal, but I close out of it (it does not start on a defeated POKEMON page), check my coin flip, go back to the journal, and then close out. Has this advanced the RNG 1 or 2 times, since I have seen azelf twice? (assume I have not flipped any pages at all or seen a defeated POKEMON page)

Secondly, while I do not hit my seed, I hit another seed. Can I do anything with this, or should I continue to try to hit the first seed? (Like instead of 1e17033e 2010.09.30 23:01:15 820 I hit 2217033E 2010.09.30 23:01:19 820)

Thank you in advance for all the help :)

EDIT : Ah, I forgot about my last question sorry. That white screen before the black screen with the credits loads, what does that affect? Is that part of the delay? I'm sorry if this is a silly question;;;
The white screen affects the seconds, but does not affect the delay. Depending on the game cartridge that white loading screen has various lengths. The only thing that will advance the frame is flipping to a journal page with a captured/defeated pokemon, or walking 128 steps in the cave which will advance equal to the number of pokemon in your party. Also, you pretty much need to hit the target seed. The target delay at a different time will not give you the same results.

Yeah it's 100%, but I couldn't choose a fixed gender option, because Volbeat is 100% male and Illumise is 100% female, so that would make things pretty complicated.

Need some help with Illumise. Like what I did for the Nidoran male, I just changed its gender ratio to 75% male and choose male for the gender, but it didn't work with Illumise when I choose 75% female and female as a gender. Do I need to look for a specific PID in the Shiny Egg Finder or something else? I should I try to RNG the egg again because it might be random?
You were probably lucky the first time. Look for a seed that gives you nothing but the gender you want for every possible ratio. You'll get your correct poke if you do that.

This might be a weird question but why the PikaTimer is runnning so fast compared to my DS clock? I set the timer to 2 minutes and it only took around 1:20 minutes in my DS for the timer to finish.

Question please.

Will I soft-reset two times in hitting my Target Time, and do I start at 17:07:00, then reset at 17:08:00 (Target Time is 17:08:52 and Calibrated Seconds is 52)...?

Konata: You soft reset until you hit both your target time and target delay. There is no specified amount...if you're lucky, you can get it first go,but if you're unlucky...it'll take longer.

As for setting your time, that's correct. Reset in your case means to either soft reset when you're in the game or enter the game at 17:08:00 from the main menu. Calibrated seconds should NOT be that high though...target seconds can be that high. Calibrated seconds should range from 14-16seconds.

It's fine (and also suggested by some people) to be slow. Just make sure you're consistent at it if you're not using pikatimer. And if you were that slow while doing your calibrated seconds, your delay must also be quite high as well.

Just a note for your reference, average calibrated delay is from 500-700 for seconds between 14-16 (I'm being a bit generous with the numbers) so yours should be MUCH higher. If your results don't match up with what I'm giving, then you might be doing the process wrong and it'd be to your benefit to check yourself before proceeding any further ^^

What do you do when you keep getting frames switching back and forth between 2 and 3 while breeding?

EDIT: I've taken a new egg and I'm still getting varying frames.

Hi guys, what is Snorlax's Starting Frame on HGSS? And Its Method?
Also I wanted to know if the radio station "Pokemon Flute" advances the frame.
Thanks to all =)

Just a quick question:

If I want to trade an RNG'd egg from a HGSS game to a DPPt game and have it hatch shiny and with the correct nature, all I need to do is input the DPPt game's ID and SID in RNG Reporter and continue on as if I was going to hatch the game on my SS game, correct? If not, what else should I do to make sure it comes out right?

I'm having extreme difficulties hitting my delay (I'm using PikaTimer). I get 485 one minute, then 469 the next and I can't seem to control it. I didn't even think 469 was humanly possible... Has this happened to anyone else?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 23)