Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Mastodon: If you haven't calibrated yet, then you have now, lol. Looks like you're on an even delay cart. You don't have to find another seed, just change the year up or down by one and it should be even :)

Kobe_MVP: For some, yes. For others, no. HG/SS catching requires you to do an initial calibration to see what your sweet scenting frame is. Some people it's still +2 and for some it's +1. Just check before you actually RNG. On another note - welcome back ^_^

I keep missing my delay by exactly one (target delay is 647, I will consistently hit either 646 or 648). Should I try to find another seed that's even, or should I just keep trying to hit 647?
Delays are always either odd or even, depending on your Cartridge.
What you can do, however, is put any 3rd Gen game (FR/LG/RSE) into Slot 2 of your DS / DS lite. This enables you to hit odd delays when you usually get even ones and vice versa.
If you're using a DSi, you're pwnd. Try setting the Year to 2009 or 2011 to get the same seed with an odd delay.

Kobe_MVP: For some, yes. For others, no. HG/SS catching requires you to do an initial calibration to see what your sweet scenting frame is. Some people it's still +2 and for some it's +1. Just check before you actually RNG. On another note - welcome back ^_^
Dang, that sucks. I can't seem to find this info on this thread. Is it listed somewhere on the front page?

And thanks (:

If you want to verify the information, the entirety of this thread should have multiple posts about it. The first page however, does not I don't think. I can verify that my sweet scent frame in grass is +1 and not +2 from the multiple captures that I've done. I know others whose frame in grass is +2 while sweet scenting as well so it definitely varies between carts it would seem.

Also, it doesn't matter all too much, but be sure to be on your bike so your pokemon isn't out of its pokeball during the RNG. It sometimes can screw with your frames (or so multiple people say - it's better safe than sorry though :P)

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Just confirming that some people's Sweet Scenting in Grass frames are +2 instead of +1. Mine is +2 in Grass. I'm pretty sure (at least from the ~20 people I've heard from) that your frame in the Water will always be 1 more than that in Grass. i.e. Mine's +3.
Part of me is jealous that yours is +1 Bakus. One of my carts has a decent (but luckily not that decent) Shiny spread on Frame 1, so I can only use it for standing legendaries... xD

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was trying to get a shiny egg (which I've done before),but i failed everytime.I am listing all my steps

1) catch a level 50 pidgey
2) enter its stats,date,time into rng reporter
3)find a spread and check required toss and taps
$) do the required taps and flips
5)put pokemon in daycare
6) get egg and hatch it

But no shiny.Natures is wrong as well. Can someone tell what i am doing wrong. I have verified that i have entered my id and sid correctly,have 5 pokemon in my party,perfectly counted the taps and the tosses. Also after hatching my pokemon, I went back and rechecked how many taps i actually did. I check the nearest matching nature, nad it gives me tottally od results like not even done flip or done six flips less which I find to be preposterous as a difference of 1 is all right but six is too much. Also can the pokemon you are wanting to breed be in your party ?

Delays are always either odd or even, depending on your Cartridge.
If you're using a DSi, you're pwnd. Try setting the Year to 2009 or 2011 to get the same seed with an odd delay.
Not quite. You can do the scroll-up;scroll-down technique to change delays, from odd to even or even to odd. I think I can do that with a delay of around 558~598.

Just confirming that some people's Sweet Scenting in Grass frames are +2 instead of +1. Mine is +2 in Grass. I'm pretty sure (at least from the ~20 people I've heard from) that your frame in the Water will always be 1 more than that in Grass. i.e. Mine's +3.
Part of me is jealous that yours is +1 Bakus. One of my carts has a decent (but luckily not that decent) Shiny spread on Frame 1, so I can only use it for standing legendaries... xD
Those +1 frame advancements are quite rare, I think.

I was trying to get a shiny egg (which I've done before),but i failed everytime.I am listing all my steps

1) catch a level 50 pidgey
2) enter its stats,date,time into rng reporter
3)find a spread and check required toss and taps
$) do the required taps and flips
5)put pokemon in daycare
6) get egg and hatch it

But no shiny.Natures is wrong as well. Can someone tell what i am doing wrong. I have verified that i have entered my id and sid correctly,have 5 pokemon in my party,perfectly counted the taps and the tosses. Also after hatching my pokemon, I went back and rechecked how many taps i actually did. I check the nearest matching nature, nad it gives me tottally od results like not even done flip or done six flips less which I find to be preposterous as a difference of 1 is all right but six is too much. Also can the pokemon you are wanting to breed be in your party ?
You have six pokemon after catching the pidgey, correct? You need six in the party once the happiness tap/coin flips begin.

The parents can be in your party. I've been able to do the taps, fly to the day care, go to the computer and get parents, and still get the right nature/ability/shiny-or-not egg. I've also had the parents in the party too. So that's not the issue.

barry4ever: Being off by 6 isn't all too much considering the amount of taps and flips you have to do. Try using Shiny Finder instead - though admittedly if you are using shiny finder, then you might as well abuse in HG/SS if possible, lol. Shiny Finder will make your shiny life easier though :)

I can't get the RNG reporter to open :(
I can do it in my university's comp though...

Anyway.... I'm confused by the first step about the time XD.
And I'm not even sure if I calculated my secret ID right... :P

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I can't get the RNG reporter to open :(
I can do it in my university's comp though...

Anyway.... I'm confused by the first step about the time XD.
And I'm not even sure if I calculated my secret ID right... :P
The first step about time? Not sure what you mean. Also, about your problem, you need the .NET Framework. There's a link to it on the bottom of the readme.

.com

Grumpy old man
@Shiny Gardevoir:
You're going to have to be more specific than that if you need help...
What exactly confuses you about the time?
And how did you calculate your SID, do you have a Shiny pokémon caught on that game (without chaining) without codes on? Otherwise it's pretty tricky to do.

About the time...
Am I required to soft reset the game and then record the time or should I just record the one in the poke app with soft-resetting not being needed? Or should I record the time after the capture of the lv50+ poke or right before that?

As for my secret ID, I calculated it with a random lonely, shiny Cascoon I found (I temporary level it up into a dustox just to check IVs).
I tried to find out the IVs (30/23/6/17/7/29) and used the MS calculator following a certain you tube video. I used the first 4 digits here: [B058C64F], switched from hex to bin, and same with the next four... Then converted my id (43165) from dec to bin ... Did some computations, and got this: 56970

And I can't seem to install .NET framework either T_T

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
About the time...
Am I required to soft reset the game and then record the time or should I just record the one in the poke app with soft-resetting not being needed? Or should I record the time after the capture of the lv50+ poke or right before that?

As for my secret ID, I calculated it with a random lonely, shiny Cascoon I found (I temporary level it up into a dustox just to check IVs).
I tried to find out the IVs (30/23/6/17/7/29) and used the MS calculator following a certain you tube video. I used the first 4 digits here: [B058C64F], switched from hex to bin, and same with the next four... Then converted my id (43165) from dec to bin ... Did some computations, and got this: 56970

And I can't seem to install .NET framework either T_T
What OS are you using?

Use the time when you hit continue.

Hey all. I'm about to abuse my ID/SID for the first time in HG. I'm pretty sure I'll be doing Timid. Other than that, what would be the most useful Hidden Power to go for in the spread? Useful as in the most 'Mons I could catch that would benefit from it, Legends obviously included. Thanks guys (not sure if this is the right thread for the Q, however).

Toast++

Microsoft...(That is an OS right?) XD
Er.. Windows is. Not sure why it wouldn't work then.. Someone else will have to help you.

Hey all. I'm about to abuse my ID/SID for the first time in HG. I'm pretty sure I'll be doing Timid. Other than that, what would be the most useful Hidden Power to go for in the spread? Useful as in the most 'Mons I could catch that would benefit from it, Legends obviously included. Thanks guys (not sure if this is the right thread for the Q, however).
There are a lot that are useful. Fire, Ground, Ice, Grass, Electric, Fighting all seem pretty popular. Hard decision if you ask me. I personally like fire and ground for some reason.

.com

Grumpy old man
@Shiny Gardevoir
Microsoft isn't an OS: XP, Vista, Windows 7 are the OSs. First thing to note, did you download the correct .Net Framework for your version of Windows (or "Microsoft")?
As far as the Time goes, it is the time at which you press Continue on the game screen. Unless you're talking about a different "time" (if you're using Emerald).

@iChrono:
Not really the right thread, the Simple Questions Simple Requests thread would be better suited.
But as I'm already posting here, with Timid, I'd guess HP Fire / Grass would the most useful (or no HP at all). HP Fire gives you things like Gengar, Latios, Latias and a few others. HP Fighting gives you a few others, such as Azelf.

Wooops, beaten to this on all accounts by Toast. Sorry.

.com

Grumpy old man
OK, well I've not used Windows for a while. But I believe the more recent .Net Frameworks require XP Service Pack 3 to be installed. Probably better to google .Net Framework not installing though, I wouldn't take my word for it.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
lol topic title rename

Don't have RNG Reporter running from the desktop, have it off in some folder. .NET framework is a must!

Alright, I'm abusing my ID/SID. I found the partner spreads and entered the PID into Pandora's Box. When I checked the "search Trainer ID" box, no results were found. When I unchecked, I found many results with many ID/SID combinations. My question is, does that box need to be checked? Also, if anyone is willing to 'tutor' me through the whole process and answer some questions I may have, that would be greatly appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)