Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

So it's unreliable enough that I should just use an even set instead of trying to deal with NPC movement?

Alrighty then.

And about the other stuff, yeah, probably a lot is screwed up, but like I said, I ended up getting the delay a good 1/3 of the time (which is about 5x better than before), so I think it's all good.

When I said to advance to 41 I meant 43, my bad, and I am factoring in my roamer (there's one).

So as to the question being asked, is trying to advance frames via NPC as unreliable as it sounds? Should I just do 57 page flips with a delay I can't hit too well vs. doing 20 page flips and trying to get the NPC to cooperate on a delay I can hit well?

(The fact that I can only select 99 years affects which delay I can actually choose, so no, I can't change it that way.)

Thanks much.

When I said to advance to 41 I meant 43, my bad, and I am factoring in my roamer (there's one).

So as to the question being asked, is trying to advance frames via NPC as unreliable as it sounds? Should I just do 57 page flips with a delay I can't hit too well vs. doing 20 page flips and trying to get the NPC to cooperate on a delay I can hit well?

(The fact that I can only select 99 years affects which delay I can actually choose, so no, I can't change it that way.)

Thanks much.
From personal experience, it's not overly difficult to have an NPC get the correct 1 frame advance. You basically need them to do a single 90 degree turn. However, anything other than that will advance 2 frames, and sometimes the frame advances twice even if they don't move. If you hit the delay, but the NPC makes the wrong movement, try re-saving and they should move differently the next time you hit it. I guess from what you're saying it might be difficult for you either way...

Thanks, I'll try to see how much the NPC hates me then. I can always go back to the other method I guess.

Or maybe I should just go ahead and capture my roamer. I don't really care about Mesprit, not a fan of the three, so I'll just not RNG it. Maybe there won't even be any future events for 4th gen, so I won't even have to RNG Wondercards and won't have to worry about having my preferred frame be even in the future.

Thanks a lot.

Any tips on Emerald RNG?
I'm doing a nuzlocke challenge and want a shiny starter :D.
My lowest Shiny frame is 903 - 15.05 seconds, I'm using VBA as it allows time speed up.

Just some simple questions.
First off, I am HGSS breeding. I do know my SID.

Out of all the tutorials i have read/watched there are still 2 questions bugging me.

1) I want to breed my perfect IV/ability/nature pokemon and decided to practive using my favorite pokemon, houndoom. From what I have gathered I need to go to time finder first, then 4th gen shiny egg. I put in the nature and whatnot I want, however the problem is that I don't want a shiny egg. Personally, I would rather just RNG my ability and nature into an egg, save, then RNG the IVs without any shinyness. Am i missing a tab or something?

2) I just want to confirm that I know what I am doing with pikatimer, since so far every guide I have read has been pretty vague on it.
- change the DS time to be the minute before RNG reporter tells me (so if RNG reporter wants 00:52:50 then I set the DS time to 00:52:00
- Start pikatimer and save the time change at the same time.
- Turn the DS back on and start my game.
- Soft reset whent eh first timer hits 0
- Press continue when the second timer hits 0
Is this correct? Again, may sound stupid, but I am just confirming.

Other than that, I pretty much know everything in theory and am just trying to apply it.

1) Just enter some numbers that aren't your SID. Or find your egg the normal way, then just RNG it for IVs. Or make it shiny, and trade it to a different game and hatch it there normally.
2) I only use emloop, but that sounds about right.

Oh, so my SID is optional for this part of the RNG process? That's news to me, thanks. I'll just smash my face against the keyboard and be on my merry way. :)

Okay, so then to make sure i am doing this right:
- Go to time finder
- 4th Gen Shiny egg
- SID not needed here, random number
- Put in ability, nature, and gender criteria
- Checkmark the HSS shiny egg box
- Generate
- Find something with the lowest frame (preferably 1, correct?)
- Copy seed to clipboard

- go to seed to time finder
- Paste seed
- Click the HGSS option
- Check the box for seconds and put in 50
- generate
- Choose anything below that I want?
- generate
- Choose anything I want from the below box?

As you can see, near the end I seem to be getting a tad lost.

Hello. I'm having a problem trying to RNG abuse the roamers using the Elite Four method. I'm starting with Raikou, fainting it while Latios and Entei roam free so I can check my seed using the roamer method. I've hit my seed (7817080E) 4 times and advanced the frame what I thought was the right amount (since the frame I want is 20 I advance to frame 17 using the radio method, and according to what I believe the guide is telling me Raikou should spawn with the IVs and nature of the 3rd frame from 17, or frame 20, due to Entei and Latios roaming). However, every time I've done this the Raikou's nature and IVs have matched those belonging to frames 19 or 21 (I tried to stop after frame 16 once, and my result was frame 19. All three other tries have resulted in it having frame 21's spread). Before I waste any more time going through the Elite Four just to miss my frame by 1 again, can anyone pinpoint what I'm doing wrong?

EDIT: After further searching through this topic, it seems as though I should be advancing the frame to 19, then talking to Lance. This still doesn't explain why the Raikou has had the nature and IVs for frames that are 1 above the frame I'm trying to hit, though, when they should be lower than the frame I'm aiming for according to this new information.

Okay, so then to make sure i am doing this right:
- Go to time finder
- 4th Gen Shiny egg
- SID not needed here, random number
- Put in ability, nature, and gender criteria
- Checkmark the HSS shiny egg box
- Generate
- Find something with the lowest frame (preferably 1, correct?)
- Copy seed to clipboard

- go to seed to time finder
- Paste seed
- Click the HGSS option
- Check the box for seconds and put in 50
- generate
- Choose anything below that I want?
- generate
- Choose anything I want from the below box?

As you can see, near the end I seem to be getting a tad lost.
So far correct, the second list of seeds you generate are the seeds of adjacent delays, this will let you check what delay you hit if you miss your delay. The point of this is to find a trend in missing your delay so you can adjust your time to hit your delay. Set your ds date/clock to the time for your target seed and start the ds clock at the same time as your timer. Once you hit your seed drop off your parents and generate an egg then save in front of the man just before picking up the egg. take the egg and hatch it to confirm the gender, nature, and ability and then turn the game off without saving. Now you need to RNG and hit a second seed to fix the IV of the egg you are about to pick up this time using time finder-> egg IV instead of shiny egg. copy your seed to the seed to time and try to hit the seed and the frame.

OH, I see. i was aiming for those adjacent seeds, which would explain my high failure rate. Though good news i guess is that I was actually hitting those seeds some of the time, so at least I am confident that I have the ability to pull this off.

Will the NPCs moving around goldenrod mess up my egg after i deposit? Or are the nature, etc. generate before the egg is conceived, therefore causing me to not have to worry about NPC movements?

OH, I see. i was aiming for those adjacent seeds, which would explain my high failure rate. Though good news i guess is that I was actually hitting those seeds some of the time, so at least I am confident that I have the ability to pull this off.

Will the NPCs moving around goldenrod mess up my egg after i deposit? Or are the nature, etc. generate before the egg is conceived, therefore causing me to not have to worry about NPC movements?
NPCs will only factor in if you are RNGing for IVs.

I am solid with hatching flawless shiny eggs, but I am having some trouble with getting a flawless wonder card deoxys. I am playing SS and using the Cerulean city because there are no moving NPC's and I am using seed 52140289 with a target frame of 116. I have a target time of 20:58:50 so that by the time I make 10 elm calls to confirm my seed the time will be 21:00 allowing me to advance the frame with the pokemon search party radio station. I move the tuner from the bottom slight right up just enough to trigger the station then back down 105 times so that picking up deoxys will be the final frame. The problem is that when I pick up deoxys the first three IV's are 31 but the rest are not. I have received this result three times now so I know I am hitting my seed and I can correctly count my frames, I just need to find out what kind of adjustment I need to make to my frame advancement to hit 116. All roaming pokemon have been captured and I have two wonder cards lined up after deoxys if that makes a difference. Alternatively if someone can tell me how to check what frame I am on when I pick up the deoxys I can try to figure out my frame correction.

I am solid with hatching flawless shiny eggs, but I am having some trouble with getting a flawless wonder card deoxys. I am playing SS and using the Cerulean city because there are no moving NPC's and I am using seed 52140289 with a target frame of 116. I have a target time of 20:58:50 so that by the time I make 10 elm calls to confirm my seed the time will be 21:00 allowing me to advance the frame with the pokemon search party radio station. I move the tuner from the bottom slight right up just enough to trigger the station then back down 105 times so that picking up deoxys will be the final frame. The problem is that when I pick up deoxys the first three IV's are 31 but the rest are not. I have received this result three times now so I know I am hitting my seed and I can correctly count my frames, I just need to find out what kind of adjustment I need to make to my frame advancement to hit 116. All roaming pokemon have been captured and I have two wonder cards lined up after deoxys if that makes a difference. Alternatively if someone can tell me how to check what frame I am on when I pick up the deoxys I can try to figure out my frame correction.
You're hitting frame 117(115 method 1) which means that you are doing one too many frames. I've never used the radio to advance frames but all your numbers add up 1(for delivery man)+10 Elm Calls+105 Pokemon Search Party gives the 116.

I have 2 suggestions and you can use whichever is easier for you.

First assuming you use a timer and don't have issues with high delay, since your frame is so high I recommend switching to this seed:7B100958, which yields a frame of 26 and delay of 2381. While the delay is much higher if your as consistent as you sound, it should be no problem to hit and only having to do 13 Joey calls and 10 Elm Calls is pretty quick.

Second if high delay bothers you or you don't like the high waiting time, then you can simply cut 1 Elm call or Pokemon Search Party from your frame advancement. If you consistently hit the 117 mark, then doing one of the above should yield 116.

And if you ever need to find what frame you hit for any seed, the main window of RNG Reporter allows you to do so. Simply post the seed you hit, and the IV range that your Wondercard gave(in your example top 3 stats were 31), though remember that when searching Method 1 to add 2 frames to whatever results you get(or you can just change it to Wondercard IVs).

This is the spread you were hitting btw:
31/31/31/10/4/24

@memy02 Are the IVs 31 / 31 / 31 / 10 / 04 / 24 ?

If so you are hitting frame 117, you are doing everything right except you are advancing one frame too many.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)