Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

How do encounter slots work? What do you have to do diferently?
Differently than what?

Each frame has an associated Pokemon you will encounter. Depending on the route, each encounter slot means a different species. Common Pokemon will have multiple encounter slots, whereas rare ones may only have 1 or 2.

When you are looking at spreads to use for capturing wild non-legendary Pokemon, you need to check the frames that your target spread is on, and see what the encounter slots are. You can check those by right clicking and picking the encounter slots option.

Compare what slots you have to choose from with the list of the encounter slots for that route. If one of your frames has a Slot 1 for Sweet Scent in Grass, and you look at the sheet and that is the species you want, then great. If you hit that seed and frame, you will always run into that species.

If your possible encounter slots do not match up to what you want to catch, you will need to try another route, or try another seed. Try catching some common Pokemon first, that makes things a lot easier.

Also, make sure you use the appropriate slot based on what you are capturing. If you are fishing, don't use the Sweet Scent in Grass slot, etc.

One last thing to remember, different methods of capture advance the frame differently when you go to encounter your target Pokemon. SS in Grass is 2, but SS on water is 3, and fishing is 4.

EDIT: Never mind, I managed to find it. Thanks though!

---------------

Hi, I'm new to the community here. I just attempted my first RNG yesterday (I wasn't going for anything specific for battling, just to see if I could do it), but I'm not quite sure the IV's are working right. I ran my stats and EVs through most of the IV calculators out there and I wasn't able to get a definite number (the ones from MetalKid with the level and stat ranges say that my stat spreads are impossible...).

I advanced the frames for the seed correctly as far as I could tell, especially with the Elm responses matching up.

The resulting egg was a Timid Male Vulpix, which according to the Judge has Outstanding potential overall with its best stats as HP, SpD, and Spe and couldn't be better. If it were to have hidden power, it'd be Dragon. It's also Somewhat vain.

The spreads that I recorded are here...

Lev HP Att Def SpA SpD Spe EVHP EVAtt EVDef EVSpA EVSpD EVSpe
8 26 11 12 14 17 23 0 0 0 0 0 187
9 28 12 13 15 19 27 0 0 0 0 0 253
10 30 14 14 16 21 29 0 0 0 16 0 253
11 32 15 15 18 22 31 0 0 0 52 0 253
12 34 16 16 20 24 34 0 0 0 76 0 253
13 36 17 17 23 25 36 0 0 0 124 0 253
14 38 18 18 26 27 39 0 0 0 172 0 253
15 41 18 19 30 29 41 0 0 0 220 0 253
16 43 19 20 33 30 44 0 0 0 252 4 253
17 45 20 21 34 32 47 0 0 0 252 4 253
18 47 21 22 36 34 49

Can anyone help? I've been at it for awhile trying to ensure I have the right IVs so I can reset if I don't. :/

Fire Blast: The same as when breeding. Nothing changes minus encounter slots are used to determine what you'll encounter (lol) after sweet scenting or fishing.

Exploits: You use PokeRNG to find a desirable spread. Use Pandora's Box from RNG Reporter to find a suitable delay/ID combination to abuse for :)

Exploits, you do not need to select the shiny option in PokeRNG. Pandora's Box allows you to figure out which combination of ID/SID will make that PID shiny.

Where can you download RNG Reporter 9? I downloaded it from a random link somewhere, but I'm on a different computer now...

Edit: Never mind, found it.

I figured out what the problem was. The extra frames that get added when the day changes weren't getting added while I was using the Pokegear. When I left the menu momentarily the frame advancement caused by the changing day was added. I checked my frame immediately after confirming my seed using the Roamer method, then closed the menu, opened it again after the day advanced and voila, the frame had advanced. Strange. I now have a Timid Raikou with HP Ice 70 and a 31/26/26/31/26/31 IV spread running around until I RNG both other roamers, so I'm pleased.

Fire Blast said:
What should I use for the calibrated delay and seconds in Eontimer? (HGSS breeding)
14 seconds and something between 480-500, after the first few updates it will fix itself.

Ophiuchus said:
I figured out what the problem was. The extra frames that get added when the day changes weren't getting added while I was using the Pokegear. When I left the menu momentarily the frame advancement caused by the changing day was added. I checked my frame immediately after confirming my seed using the Roamer method, then closed the menu, opened it again after the day advanced and voila, the frame had advanced. Strange. I now have a Timid Raikou with HP Ice 70 and a 31/26/26/31/26/31 IV spread running around until I RNG both other roamers, so I'm pleased.
Good to hear that you were able to work it out, and nice RNG btw :)

RNG reporter is having a weird glitch and I can't use time-finder to find a seed for 4th gen breeding anymore (the program freezes when I hit "generate").

Can somebody give me a seed which yields:

31/31/31/31/31/0

Parent A has all 31, Parent B has none 31 or 0

Min frame 5, max frame 40. Min delay 600 max delay 3000 (preferably uneven).
And HG/SS inheritance.

milotic111 said:
RNG reporter is having a weird glitch and I can't use time-finder to find a seed for 4th gen breeding anymore (the program freezes when I hit "generate").

Can somebody give me a seed which yields:

31/31/31/31/31/0

Parent A has all 31, Parent B has none 31 or 0

Min frame 5, max frame 40. Min delay 600 max delay 3000 (preferably uneven).
And HG/SS inheritance.

I don't think it's a glitch(I was having a similar issue with the time finder) but rather that your delay range is so large that it is just has too many results to work quickly. I lowered the range to 600-1000 and it still took my PC about 2 minutes(fairly quick PC I might add). Anyways, I don't know what kind of frame you want/prefer or if low or high delay is better for you, besides being odd so here are a few. Also I assumed that you meant this year(2011) and month(3) and that your calibrated second is 14 as it was not mentioned.

Delay:683
Date:3/12/2011
Time:11:00:14
Frame:31
Seed:320B02B6
IV's: HP:A Att:A Def:31 SpA:A SpD:31 Spe:0

Delay:629
Date:3/22/2011
Time:11:00:14
Frame:22
Seed:500B0280
Parents IV's: HP:31 Att:A Def:A SpA:A SpD:31 Spe:0

Delay:947
Date:3/26/2011
Time:2:00:14
Frame:25
Seed:5C0203BE
Parents IV's: HP:31 Att:A Def:A SpA:31 SpD:A Spe:0

Delay:877
Date:3/12/2011
Time:16:01:14
Frame:27
Seed:33100378
Parents IV's: HP:A Att:31 Def:A SpA:A SpD:31 Spe:0

Hi Guys,

I'm been away from the smog for a while. Is there an RNG update for Black/White?

Can it run on intel macs like previous versions (if it exists)?

Thanks everyone!

Hello,

I am currently standing on frame 381, my target frame is 382 for a wondercard pokemon. The question is, should I do one more Elm Call before talking to the mailman, or should I just talk to the mailman (causing frame to advance by one)?

Thanks for the help.

Hello,

I am currently standing on frame 381, my target frame is 382 for a wondercard pokemon. The question is, should I do one more Elm Call before talking to the mailman, or should I just talk to the mailman (causing frame to advance by one)?

Thanks for the help.
Just talk to him and pick it up! ^_^

Buckert: There is a guide in the second post on how to RNG Latios/Latias using the Elite 4 method which I've heard is easier than the fan club method.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Buckert: There is a guide in the second post on how to RNG Latios/Latias using the Elite 4 method which I've heard is easier than the fan club method.
Well, the Latias isn't released yet in my game, and I don't want to release it, find it and kill it, and then beat the E4 again xD

Okay, I have RNGed a perfect nature set houndour, and then perfect IVs so I know what I am doing a little more now.
However, I am now trying to do the same for another pokemon. i was able to RNG the shiny status as well as perfect nature etc, and then saved in front of the man before grabbing my egg so that I can RNG the IVs.

Now, the problem. I want 31 IVs in all stats, and each parent has 31 in both att and def. I am using the time finder function to try and find a seed, however it's not giving me any results. It's quite tedious checking through every month manually for the 50 second mark, and i was curious if there was a way I can broaden my search over a year or something within a larger second range in order to get better results.

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)