Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Okay, I have RNGed a perfect nature set houndour, and then perfect IVs so I know what I am doing a little more now.
However, I am now trying to do the same for another pokemon. i was able to RNG the shiny status as well as perfect nature etc, and then saved in front of the man before grabbing my egg so that I can RNG the IVs.

Now, the problem. I want 31 IVs in all stats, and each parent has 31 in both att and def. I am using the time finder function to try and find a seed, however it's not giving me any results. It's quite tedious checking through every month manually for the 50 second mark, and i was curious if there was a way I can broaden my search over a year or something within a larger second range in order to get better results.

Thanks.
You need 3+ different perfect IVs between the two parents to have a flawless baby. 3 IVs are inherited, so if your parents share 2 common perfect IVs, you can't have a flawless baby.

If you have parent A with 31/31/x/x/x/x and parent B with 31/x/31/x/x/x, then it could work. You could find a spread that is like A or B / A / B / 31 / 31 / 31. But as it stands you won't find anything.

Ah crap, I confused breeding with one of the previous games that allowed overlapping IV inheritances, making it possible that only 1 IV would be passed down. I forgot that couldn't happen in HGSS. Thanks.

/Stupid moment.

OK this is kind of weird. For some reason I keep missing my frame! I land my delay properly (in HG, seed is 6A0901EE, method 1, I'm trying to get an almost flawless jirachi on frame 63).

So I make the ten calls and they match perfectly, advance up to call # 63 (doing the last 11 calls via elm so that I know exactly on which frame I am standing), and then I talk to the mailman. But oh surprise, I don't get the Jirachi that's supposed to be on frame 63 but actually the one on frame 62 (not even 64, which I kind of expected since I still don't know for sure if talking to the mailman advances the frame by 1 or not). The judge in the battle tower tells me it 31 in sp. atk, which confirms for me that it is frame 62.

So any idea of what's going on? Help will be appreciated.

EDIT: I was also kind of surprised that the nature (adamant) did match what the RNGReported told me it was going to be in that one frame (EDIT 2: I thought that wondercard pokemon came with random nature ). SHould I continue trusting it to do that?

OK this is kind of weird. For some reason I keep missing my frame! I land my delay properly (in HG, seed is 6A0901EE, method 1, I'm trying to get an almost flawless jirachi on frame 63).

So I make the ten calls and they match perfectly, advance up to call # 63 (doing the last 11 calls via elm so that I know exactly on which frame I am standing), and then I talk to the mailman. But oh surprise, I don't get the Jirachi that's supposed to be on frame 63 but actually the one on frame 62 (not even 64, which I kind of expected since I still don't know for sure if talking to the mailman advances the frame by 1 or not). The judge in the battle tower tells me it 31 in sp. atk, which confirms for me that it is frame 62.

So any idea of what's going on? Help will be appreciated.

EDIT: I was also kind of surprised that the nature (adamant) did match what the RNGReported told me it was going to be in that one frame (EDIT 2: I thought that wondercard pokemon came with random nature ). SHould I continue trusting it to do that?
For wondercards, don't use the Method 1 frame, you have to generate 'Wondercard IVs' to get the proper frame. It's slightly offset from the Method 1 frame so that is why you are missing.

Your target frame is actually 65. And you'll see when you generate for Wondercards that there won't be any natures associated with the IV spreads. Yes, it is random.

For wondercards, don't use the Method 1 frame, you have to generate 'Wondercard IVs' to get the proper frame. It's slightly offset from the Method 1 frame so that is why you are missing.

Your target frame is actually 65. And you'll see when you generate for Wondercards that there won't be any natures associated with the IV spreads. Yes, it is random.
Well thanks for the help, I will try then getting to 65 calls instead of 63. Now, I was looking for the option to generate wondercard IVs, I don't see it in RNG reporter 8.31, care to tell me how to reach that option?

EDIT: Found it, thanks for the help! Trying again ATM

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
So I have to do a test run for Latias, but how exactly does that work?

I need to save inside the Pokémon Fanclub house, and then what?

I have the Enigma Stone and didn't catch my Latios yet.
I want to know if I have to save before talking to Steven or can I save in front of Latios before battling with it.
The Nature and IVs are set when I deliver the stone to Steven or whenever I start the battle against Latios?

I have the Enigma Stone and didn't catch my Latios yet.
I want to know if I have to save before talking to Steven or can I save in front of Latios before battling with it.
The Nature and IVs are set when I deliver the stone to Steven or whenever I start the battle against Latios?
You can save right in front of the Latios.

I'm having trouble understanding Pikatimer or ZomgTimer when it comes to HGSS. Though it is surprisingly easy to hit my delay in Black, when I try to hit it in HG using the 4th gen option I always hit the wrong time, not just the wrong delay.
When I was trying to hit 16:43, I was hitting 16:38 I read somewhere to move the first timer 5 seconds up to reflect it. The end result is my delay being crazy off and I'm still hitting 16:38. What should I do to fix this problem?

hi i was wondering if anyone knows how to rng wondercards in hg ss, im currently at cerulean's mart since the npcs don't move,but i can't get my shiny raikou right, i advanced correctly and when i receive the pokemon it's not the pokemon i wanted. im using the rng similar to stationary legends and such. i use method 1 frame.

Yep it is method 1 but you need to add +2 to the total frame.
If your method 1 frame is 14 it'll be 16 when RNGing for wondercards.

I need help rnging a Zapdos in Heartgold. This is my first time rnging and I'm still learning how to do it. I'm using the no roamer method and I've watched bearsfan's helpful video.

I'm trying to get this Zapdos: A21504F7. I used Rng reporter to get the seed and everything and the elm responses. I have PikaTimer set up as 480 calibrated delay and 14 calibrated second. I set my DS clock and calendar to the given time. I also hit spacebar right when I press A on the DS to change to the wanted time minus 1 minute.

The wanted delay is 1261 and I keep getting terribly close to it. I've just gotten 1260(A21504F6) two times. I've been trying for two days now but I have never hit my delay. Am I doing something wrong or am I just unlucky? :(

If you only hit even delays you will always hit even delays(1260).
To change your delay to odd, (1261) you will need to put a 3rd gen Pokemon game in the second slot of a DS Lite or change your year by one.

Ah okay. You're right. I was only hitting even delay. I thought nothing of it though. I'll try putting in my Emerald in I guess. Thanks!

EDIT: One more question, if I put a 3rd gen game in there, should I only hit a odd delay? Because I just hit 1264 when I tried it now. Oh and I'm using 2010 as the year. Should I also change the year to 2011 to get an odd delay?

EDIT2: Wait nevermind, it just wasn't recognizing the gba game. doh! -_-

EDIT3: Just wanted to say guys, thanks! I've just caught my first flawless rng'ed pokemon. I got a Timid Zapdos with HP Ice 70 with 31/22/30/31/31/31 spread. I still can't believe it! I'm so happy hahahah.

On an emulator, it's simple enough. Just stand outside of Elm's doors so the frame advancements continue and then enter at the right frame. The starters each advance the frame differently so you might have to do it a few times to see how many they advance the frame -for my totodile I believe it was advanced by 4 or 5 frames.

On a cart...I think only Riski has done that and that took alooooooot of trial and error I presume. You'll probably have to calibrate how many frames are advanced from the moment you have control to the moment you enter Elm's office. From there, its luck.

Buckert

So I got a question about Pokémon Fanclub Latias again. My target seed is at frame 693. I did a test run for Latias, which told me I had to advance to frame 686 and then walk out of that house and talk to Steven. With 686 I ended up 1 frame too high, with 685 1 frame too high as well, and with 684 I was 1 frame too low. Is this just bad luck and I have to keep trying? Or am I doing something wrong?

So I got a question about Pokémon Fanclub Latias again. My target seed is at frame 693. I did a test run for Latias, which told me I had to advance to frame 686 and then walk out of that house and talk to Steven. With 686 I ended up 1 frame too high, with 685 1 frame too high as well, and with 684 I was 1 frame too low. Is this just bad luck and I have to keep trying? Or am I doing something wrong?
Nope, this is expected behaviour for Latias at the Fan Club; when you leave and auto walk, there are a random number of additonal frame advancements, that chnage depending which frame you're on when you leave. It's possible the frame you're aiming for is impossible to hit, but just keep trying. When I did it I ended up having to go for a lower frame than expected even though the results were saying I should aim for a higher frame. Basically, you're going to have to try every frame near your spread and hope for the best.

Buckert

Nope, this is expected behaviour for Latias at the Fan Club; when you leave and auto walk, there are a random number of additonal frame advancements, that chnage depending which frame you're on when you leave. It's possible the frame you're aiming for is impossible to hit, but just keep trying. When I did it I ended up having to go for a lower frame than expected even though the results were saying I should aim for a higher frame. Basically, you're going to have to try every frame near your spread and hope for the best.
Crap, on 693 is my Shiny spread :( Well I'll keep trying, thanks!

Mine took me a good 3-4 hours because just when I was sure it was 10, it would go down to 8, and then to 7 or 9. Finally I hit it at ten and was so relieved. Hope it works out for you, just remember perseverance.

I'm having trouble understanding Pikatimer or ZomgTimer when it comes to HGSS. Though it is surprisingly easy to hit my delay in Black, when I try to hit it in HG using the 4th gen option I always hit the wrong time, not just the wrong delay.
When I was trying to hit 16:43, I was hitting 16:38 I read somewhere to move the first timer 5 seconds up to reflect it. The end result is my delay being crazy off and I'm still hitting 16:38. What should I do to fix this problem?
Are you confirming with Roamers or Elm. If its roamers you should be aware that they are the same for every second. So if Raikou/Entei/Latias are on 43, 38 and 10 on 16:38, they will be the same for :39, :40 etc all the way through :43.

If you're confirming with Elm, I have no idea how you could be hitting 5 seconds off, unless the target second is wrong on the timer.

"All roamers (Raikou, Entei, and the Latis), as well as gift Pokemon (all of the starters, Eevee, Togepi, the Arceus event that gives you Dialga\Palkia\Giratina, Game Corner Pokemon, etc.) are Method 1.
Everything else uses Method K."

Second Post in the thread.

:( it worked fine to begin with, but after i did something, it just closed randomly and now this comes up when i force quit mono because it doesnt open, and when i try to run it in terminal. Tried uninstalling mono and re-installing as well as deleting the reporter and re-downloading it. Running it on mac
mingot:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at System.Windows.Forms.MaskedTextBox.InputText (System.String text) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.MaskedTextBox.set_Text (System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at RNGReporter.MainForm.MainForm_Load (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoadInternal (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)