1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.
  3. Ever find yourself missing out on the latest Smogon articles? We've now got a subscription service, so the newest articles (of your choice) are delivered right to your inbox! Check it out here.

Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by mingot, Mar 16, 2009.

1. PoJ

PoJ

For fishing abuse, how much does fishing advance the frame by? And is there any way to know if I'll get "Not even a nibble"? I'm talking HGSS, btw.
  2. Metalex

Metalex

Someone can correct me if im wrong but I do believe fishing advances the frame by 4. Not sure if "Not even a nibble" advances or not, I just use a super rod so theres a less chance that will happen.
  3. PoJ

PoJ

Thanks, I'll try that! And I was planning to use a super rod anyways, so this works out nicely :) Thanks!

Edit: Just caught my Gyara pretty quickly. It seems that if you fish and catch something, the frame advances +3, but if you get "Not even a nibble" you get +1.
  4. Razgriz644

Razgriz644

When trying to RNG your ID/SID combo how do you verify that you have hit your seed or are close to it?
  5. Tooned

Tooned

Go to the "Trainer ID Obtained" part of Pandora's Box, and enter in the information. Then, all the close seeds are shown below.

Unfortunately, I am still having problems with even/odd delays in ID/SID Abuse... I tried changing the seed entirely, but I still get an "opposite" even/odd delay for every one of them (I have no idea how this happens, but every time I test a new seed the delay is always odd when I want even and vice-versa)... Changing the date/time didn't help either, as I still got consistent results in the same even/odd delay. Any other ideas? Should I try doing this on a different DS, perhaps? :/
  6. stephenjm

stephenjm

HOw do you do caves when you can't sweet scent?
  7. shilenj

shilenj

I'm currently at the Burned Tower in HeartGold and I'm ready to let Raikou, Entei, and Suicune run, thus I have come to the point where I have to RNG the two. I've never RNG'ed in Generation 4 before and I don't know where to start with the dogs. Can anyone explain how they did theirs? I also need to be able to RNG Latias when the time comes, so there could be 3 roamers on the field at once. I just have no idea where to start on them. I want to RNG for IVs and nature only.

If I don't want to RNG these guys right now, can I just release them now, KO them later, and defeat the Champion to re-spawn them again when I'm done with the entire game?
  8. Zerofocus

Zerofocus

How do you check 4th gen ESV in RNG Reporter?
  9. stephenjm

stephenjm

Do you mean you want ti know which encounter slot you'll have or what pokemon is in that encounter slot?

I'm currently at the Lake of Rage Gyarados, how can I RNG it? I found a suitable spread (Impish 31/31/31/25/31/31) that is one frame 9 of method k. How is this different from other captures?
  10. Winters Zombie

Winters Zombie

Lake of Rage Gyarados is Shiny Chained Theoretical, not Method K.
  11. stephenjm

stephenjm

Ah, okay. Should I just kill this Gyarados and just come back to it after the elite four? It reappears, right?
  12. Winters Zombie

Winters Zombie

I don't see why you would want to?
    But yes he does.
  13. stephenjm

stephenjm

Well, I guess I don't have to kill him xD
  14. shilenj

shilenj

I answered my own question because I didn't see the guide for HGSS roamers in the OP.

So I can go on through the story and release the three dogs at the Burned Tower so they're running around and I can re-spawn and RNG them later once I get to Lance?
  15. Winters Zombie

Winters Zombie

Yuppers. Just make sure to abuse them before battling Lance.
  16. PoJ

PoJ

Yep. But you have to make sure they're KOd, then go battle the E4.

Edit: Ninja'd :P
  17. stephenjm

stephenjm

When abusing Ho-oh, how do I get the elm calls to work when I can't have gone to Kanto yet?
  18. Winters Zombie

Winters Zombie

Juggler Irwin is the only way.
  19. stephenjm

stephenjm

And how does he work? I remember Princess of Johto told me I needed to register his phone number, but does he work similar to Professor Elm?

EDIT: Never mind, found this out.
  20. Zerofocus

Zerofocus

Regarding the 3 legendary dogs. Is there a way to RNG them the first time that I release them or is it better to do it after defeating the elite 4? Who do I need to call to advance the frame? What sayings correspond to the Elm calls (Kanto, Pokerus, Egg). Do I just hit my seed, advance and then walk one step to run into them?
  21. Parasol_Kirby

Parasol_Kirby

Pokegear works just fine. I called Elm waaay too many times.
  22. shilenj

shilenj

Thanks for the confirmation guys! So I can continue my game now. :)
  23. Zerofocus

Zerofocus

If I RNG for a shiny starter in HG/SS is there any way to trade him to my plat without him gaining any EVs? If I recall correctly I am forced to battle my rival after exiting Cherrygrove when heading back to New Bark Town.
  24. PoJ

PoJ

No, because you need at least two pokemon to trade. The only way is to use an AR and cheat to get pokeballs before you actually get them in-game. Then catch a pokemon, and trade. Or you could deposit your starter, clone it, and trade later
  25. shilenj

shilenj

So to RNG the Shiny Gyarados in HG/SS you have to use the same method as you would use to RNG a shiny in D/P/Pt? Which part of the D/P/Pt guide does that fall under, Part 4?

I'm confused as to where to start with this Gyarados. Is the first step to calibrate and find my SID?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)