Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Sigh...I only want to RNG in emerald so I can get the Regis and Chansey. Is this possible on a retail cart? I really don't want to have to resort to an emulator but I guess if I absolutely have to...
3rd gen it's really easier in emulator and there a lot things that are not possible on retail...and i don't really understand what you guys have against emus...they things make a hell lot easier..i ve tried both retail and emulators but i prefer emulators cause they are damn easier. I could only think doing 5th gen rng on a DS which is very easy

3rd gen it's really easier in emulator and there a lot things that are not possible on retail...and i don't really understand what you guys have against emus...they things make a hell lot easier..i ve tried both retail and emulators but i prefer emulators cause they are damn easier. I could only think doing 5th gen rng on a DS which is very easy
Well aren't emus illegal?

Well aren't emus illegal?
Well emu pokemon pass the vgc legality checks and they are ok if you state that your pokemon you rnged is from an emu...i dont see why you look down on emu pokemon...This is getting off topic..if you want to discuss it further vm me

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
RNG for flawless (excl. non-attacking stat) breeds isn't too hard on a retail Emerald, with Special attackers being easier than Physical attackers, and true flawless breeds require ~20 min of wait time. It's the flawless catches that need the emu. You can go for very good but not flawless for catches on a retail cart though.

I've done 6 near flawless breeds on a retail cart btw. Harder than 4th and 5th gen yes but still doable.

Okay so i've read just about everything on this forum, I've searched for keywords (which btw the captchas are just infuriatingly terrible in terms of accuracy) i've looked up external guides and videos on youtube. I'm having trouble RNG breeding a shiny-mon.

Luckily with a little grit effort and stick-to-it-iveness I managed to RNG an awesome Cobalion and a wild , nearly flawless Scraggy with which i paired with a regularly-bred Smeargle with 2 flawless IVs.

Now here is the problem. I generally use synchronizers to take the guess work out. But for breeding that's not possible. I'm hoping to breed a shiny scraggy I-Punch, Drain Punch, and Dragon Dance. That said, I got started. I will now take you step by step through what i did.

-So I Input my year,month, and Min frame(70) and Max fram (300)
-My breeding type (BW) and everstone nature (Jolly)
-Ticked show inheritance, And input my Desired IV Spread. Then I put the IVs of the parents. With any blank spots being uncertainties (which from my current knowledge doesnt really matter)
-Entered my ID and SID. (BTW found my parameter way before as Ive RNG'd 2 pokemon so far)
-Entered Nature and left gender and Ability open so that i can see my options. As you can see I got my seeds. Then I chose my desired seed (giant red elliptical in the above picture) and then things start to get hazy no matter what i read.

So following what seems to be very generally written guides i manage to figure out that i need to copy my seed which i do and paste it in the hex box in the following window:

I enter my method (Breeding BW) the everstone nature, The actual nature out of the list (JOLLY) ability (1) My ID and SID and then Hit Generate. So I'm assuming the !!! is my target [seed/frame???]

Now is where i really get lost. I have no idea if the circled seed/frame is a seed or a frame. I think its a PID frame O_o? Also I have no idea what my starting frame is or why i need it. I dont know how to find it (even though people keep pointing me to the guide I JUST DONT GET IT!) i dont know WHAT IN THE BLUE HELL IS AN SSF.

And I dont know why this reporter is telling me my starting frame is 44 (or 47 depending on the seed hex i use) when i thought all egg starting frames were 8. I'm suffering from information overload but without proper guidance. I can tell I'm very close, i just need someone to take the time to help me put the pieces together in a step by step instructive reply. I love smogon and all the contributors. Thanks for the help, in advance. (please save me from RNG heartbreak)
Wrong RNG thread, try 5th Gen here http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83057

You can go for very good but not flawless for catches on a retail cart though.
I was thinking of just RNG catching for decent pokemon and then breeding for near flawless. But the only problem is that in Emerald some of the most valuable pokemon that appreciate 3G tutor moves (Chansey, Gastly, etc.) aren't available in the wild (And it's hard to trade in 3G because of no WiFi connection for GBA). So, is RNG on FRLG similar to Emerald, or harder?

Edit: Also, I have a question about seeds for 3G. How do I search for them?

^ If I remember correctly VBA allows trading between games(I've done it with Red and blue through VBA) so I'm assuming that it will also work for 3rd gen. You just load the two Roms you wish to trade with and it should act as if they were linked via the cable.

^ If I remember correctly VBA allows trading between games(I've done it with Red and blue through VBA) so I'm assuming that it will also work for 3rd gen. You just load the two Roms you wish to trade with and it should act as if they were linked via the cable.
Ohh, I see. So VBA is like an emu, right? Hmm. I might try using an emu, Idk. Thanks for answering :)

Also, does anyone know how to search for seeds for Emerald?

Ohh, I see. So VBA is like an emu, right? Hmm. I might try using an emu, Idk. Thanks for answering :)

Also, does anyone know how to search for seeds for Emerald?
Yea if you want to trade on cartridge in Gen 3 games, only way is to get two GBA's and a link cable, time to go old skool. Also, RNG on FRLG is harder than Emerald. Look to the previous couple pages of this thread to get ideas from people who have experienced it.

Use the old PokeRNG. Or try the current one, maybe it still generates 3rd gen seeds.

VBA is an emu by the way.
Ok, I'll try that :P Does PokeRNG list the time I'll need to wait? And, if it does, will this be the time required to wait on an emu or on a cart (Because I heard that on a cart you have to wait longer, so I'm not sure if the times listed are different for a cart).

Edit: iDeath: well anyways, I just realized that I lost my FR so that's out of the question xD Thanks.

Ok, I'll try that :P Does PokeRNG list the time I'll need to wait? And, if it does, will this be the time required to wait on an emu or on a cart (Because I heard that on a cart you have to wait longer, so I'm not sure if the times listed are different for a cart).

Edit: iDeath: well anyways, I just realized that I lost my FR so that's out of the question xD Thanks.
You have to wait longer on a cart because the emu runs the game at a higher speed than the cart runs, therefore it gets through the frames faster.

You have to wait longer on a cart because the emu runs the game at a higher speed than the cart runs, therefore it gets through the frames faster.
Oh, I see... well Idk about abusing on my cart anymore xD It sounds like to much of a hassle just to avoid using an emu. Thanks guys! If I ever do decide to use VBA, I'll probably be back with more questions. :P

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
You can use RNG reporter to search for spreads. Emerald always has a seed of 0. Method 1 is for all stationary legends (and maybe the roaming Lati@s?). There's also a selection for breeds (no splits being the most common, splits happen sometimes and alternate inheritance comes up randomly supposedly, never seen it myself). Oh and the main site has stuff as well: http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/

I suggest trading the pokemon to Emerald (I found someone with XD for the Chansey myself). For FR/LG the seed is generated at the title screen somehow or something like that.

The encounter tables say that the pokèradar pokèmon are on slot 6/7 and 10/11
but I never encountered a pokèradar pokèmon(in both normal patch and sparkling patch) with these slot,ever with 4/5,do you know why?

This is a question I have since 2 months lol

When I did Radar abuse the slots were way off of what they said they would be. I ended up just testing multiple frames on a seed with a good spread over 200(that way once you have a frame with your radar pokemon, you can start a chain).

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
So I guess this goes here, so lets see.
I'm trying to capture my uxie on Diamond. Delay 693 frame 14. Not that big of a deal. I have been hitting my delay and advance 13 frames using my journal. Next I proceed to capture it. But I always get a timid one, checking its IVs the reporter tells me its from frame 21. Its there something I'm doing wrong?

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
So I guess this goes here, so lets see.
I'm trying to capture my uxie on Diamond. Delay 693 frame 14. Not that big of a deal. I have been hitting my delay and advance 13 frames using my journal. Next I proceed to capture it. But I always get a timid one, checking its IVs the reporter tells me its from frame 21. Its there something I'm doing wrong?
You cannot do 13 advancements with your Journal. Everytime something with CAUGHT or DEFEATED shows up on a page, it's +2.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Is there a way to search very high frames in Emerald? RNG Reporter only lets me search the first 99,999,999 frames so I need to know how to search higher then that before I try my hand at emulator abuse.

Edit: NVM.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
actually yes you can,but with only one pokemon on your party every 252 steps
I know that you can, I already got it. The thing was that I was flipping my journal 13 times, advancinf the frame to 26. I forgot that flipping advances the frames by 2 not one. And I believe its 128 steps not 252, advancing the frames equal to the numbers of pokemon if your party.

Just to know... i'm using Seed Finder for DPPT, with a Korean Ditto, so i'm using DPPT Egg Pid (International).

If i click "Generate" with no seeds selected i obtain a very good Shiny, Jolly, Male and with Ability0 in frame 3299, and i need it for a Jumpluff. Can i really do that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)