1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by mingot, Mar 16, 2009.

1. shilenj

shilenj

So to RNG the Shiny Gyarados in HG/SS you have to use the same method as you would use to RNG a shiny in D/P/Pt? Which part of the D/P/Pt guide does that fall under, Part 4?

I'm confused as to where to start with this Gyarados. Is the first step to calibrate and find my SID?
  2. PoJ

PoJ

Just posted this in the SQSA but I think it's better suited to go here:

Does anyone know which floor of Whirl Islands is "Unknown Floor A"?

I want to RNG abuse Horsea there but Idk which floor that is :S The encounter slot table lists it as Unknown Floor A, so I'm confuses .-.
  3. stephenjm

stephenjm

If I'm abusing latias, do I RNG it before Steven tells me about it or any time later?
  4. Buckert

Buckert Obsessive Collecting Disorder

You have to save at the Pokémon Fanclub, right before you get out. You have to do the advancements and delay checking at this point. Make sure you do a test run first.
  5. King N

King N

How do I advance 5000 frames?
  6. stephenjm

stephenjm

Thanks! So if I want to RNG it, I would do what you said, then am I free to do other things in the game before I capture it? And the OP says it starts on frame 11 or something, so would I not be able to rng it if my shiny frame is frame 4?
  7. Buckert

When still in your PokéGear, switch to the Radio. Then, go from center to Pokémon Talk and back. First post says you'll adcance 14-18 frames, but that's not true. When switching to Pokémon Talk and back to the center, you'll advance 13-14 frames.

5000/14= 357 times from Center to Pokémon Talk.

Yes. You can save if you'd like, but that's the point it's released. And I don't think you can reach frame 4 for Latias, since you have to check your delay as well.
  8. King N

King N

What if, the frame I want to hit is not divisible by 14?
  9. babismanias

babismanias

Does anyone know what's the starting frame of Roamin Latios/Latias?
  10. Buckert

11, but have you released it yet?

If you did some calcs, you would've seen 5000 isn't divisible by 14 either. It's 357,1428571.. etc, so 357, just to be sure you're not over that frame yet.
  11. stephenjm

stephenjm

So, at the time Lati@s is released, its IVs and shininess is already determined?
  12. King N

King N

What about the last frames?
    Joey or elm?
  13. babismanias

babismanias

I'm in the Green House, in the Fun Club. So, I'm waiting to go out and talk to Steven Stone.
  14. Buckert

Yes sir.

Well you do have to check which frame you got after 357 times Radio, you could be between 4641 and 4998

Save in front of the exit, hit you delay but don't do any advancements yet. Starting frame 11 is an average, it just depends on you fast you can bring your Pokégear up. Just do a test run first. :)
  15. babismanias

babismanias

Yes but I have to advance 10 frames cause I have to check if I hit my delay with Elm Calls.
  16. King N

King N

Thanks let me try it now.
    Benn still with the delay hit for a long time now.:P
  17. stephenjm

stephenjm

Lol. In that case, since I just released it, I need to turn it off. That means re-abusing suicune for me :( Since I didn't save after I caught it...
  18. Buckert

Yeah that's not a problem, just check whice frame you're on after you done the delay check, and then go out and capture it to see how many frame your game advanced. Then turn it off, and try again. This time you will do the advancements. :)

Glad I can help dude, just post here if it's not working for some reason.

Well you can knock it out and abuse it at the E4, which could give you the opportunity to reach frame 4, but you'll have to do a test run for that too, not sure. OR you can use a re-battle code, or just capture Suicune again. I see you've done a lot more abuses lately, so abusing a new Suicune wouldn't be much of a problem for you. I guess it'll take 5 to 10 min. :)
  19. babismanias

babismanias

Thanks Buckert. :)
  20. stephenjm

stephenjm

Eh, I already caught him again just now xD
    But would you recommend still killing off Latias? And its IVs can indeed get regenerated after I do that? Lol I'm sorry you're kind of getting swamped by all these questions at once...
  21. King N

King N

Any problem, if I take it to the bottom by mistake?
  22. Buckert

No problem ^^

Lol. Well, when you kill it, it'll re-appear once you've beaten the Champion. So you have to save in front of Lance, but you'll have to check your delay with Entei and Raikou, because you cannot make any calls at the E4.

And don't worry dude, I'm here to help. :)

Nope, you could be between 0 and 3 higher, so that wouldn't kill you.
  23. babismanias

babismanias

Another, question. Does the bayleef in the house advance the frames?
  24. King N

King N

Anything near zapdos, which I should take care of?
  25. stephenjm

stephenjm

K that's good, I check my delay using raikou and entei anyway. I'll just save latias for much later lol

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)