Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Ok I did it again and I'm still not getting any matching Elm Results. This time I set my DS Clock and started the timer at the same time, waited for my first timer to run down to Zero and click A to boot my game from the DS menu. I then waited for the other timer to reach zero and then clicked A to get into the overworld from the Continue screen.

It would me much appreciated if someone could tell me step by step what I'm supposed to do. I've read all the guides and watched all the videos and I can't seem to get it. I need it simplified a bit more if possible.
You're definitely doing it right as far as attempting to hit your seed. I'm not sure what's wrong. You don't have the "Odd/Even should match delay" box checked, right? If you do, uncheck it and generate the adjacent seeds again. Then try again and see if you get something. If you already have it unchecked, maybe change your calibrated second to 14? I'm not sure how it would make a diff., but I can't think of anything else :s

Ok, I've gotten a result finally (by changing my seconds from 15 to 14 on the EonTimer).
I hit delay 633, which is the closest I've gotten to so far. What do I do from here? How do I get to my desired delay?

Ok, I've gotten a result finally (by changing my seconds from 15 to 14 on the EonTimer).
I hit delay 633, which is the closest I've gotten to so far. What do I do from here? How do I get to my desired delay?
Use the "Delay hit" function on EonTimer, type in the delay you got and then press "Update", EonTimer will update the timer for you to hit the correct delay.

Wow, I was right :3

Yeah, what NeoFred said. Update your timer and keep attempting to hit your delay; you should get it soon.

The thing about updating: don't update everytime you miss your delay. Only update when you're consistently hitting the same delay, or a range of delay. Or, if you get a delay that's really off, then you can update (but only if you don't think you messed up. Like, sometimes I accidentally press A too late. I wouldn't update my timer in that situation, since I didn't accurately follow the timer).

Good luck!

Wow, I was right :3

Yeah, what NeoFred said. Update your timer and keep attempting to hit your delay; you should get it soon.

The thing about updating: don't update everytime you miss your delay. Only update when you're consistently hitting the same delay, or a range of delay. Or, if you get a delay that's really off, then you can update (but only if you don't think you messed up. Like, sometimes I accidentally press A too late. I wouldn't update my timer in that situation, since I didn't accurately follow the timer).

Good luck!
Ok I did this a few times (its getting painfully dreadful to do this lol) and I got 669 twice. 14 above my desired delay (655).
How do I fix this?

^I did this and hit it again and I got 643. I'm still off my a good amount.
God damn am I that terrible at this? Every Elm response pattern has been different until I got 669 twice.
Hmm. Listen really carefully to the beeps. Be in sync with them. Like, know when they're coming and press A right when the last beep occurs. Idk if that makes sense :S

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
^I did this and hit it again and I got 643. I'm still off my a good amount.
God damn am I that terrible at this? Every Elm response pattern has been different until I got 669 twice.
They don't have to be exactly the same, just close for you to update. Keep in mind that a delay is pretty small. You're only off by about 1/10 of a second.

I lightly tap the button with each beep until the final when I actually press it. It helps to get a good rhythm going.

I get it. I have to press A as soon as the last beep occurs. I've been trying to press A as soon as the timer reaches 0.

I'll have to try it tomorrow though. I can't keep focus at 12:00 at night.
I know it seems like I've been a pain in the ass on this thread but I really am having difficulties with this. All the help you guys have given me is appreciated.

i tryin to obtain shiny zapdos on heart gold timid hp ice 31/X/30/31/31/31 but I don't see any spread after hours in rng reporter,my id is 12356 and sid 40773 are any other method more faster? or is imposible with this combinatin of id/sid? thanks!

i tryin to obtain shiny zapdos on heart gold timid hp ice 31/X/30/31/31/31 but I don't see any spread after hours in rng reporter,my id is 12356 and sid 40773 are any other method more faster? or is imposible with this combinatin of id/sid? thanks!
Yeah, you will probably have to RNG abuse your ID/SID :p

On a side note - I found that in Diamond, the M1 frames for the starters are all 12

That spread is impossible with your id/sid, as stated before you have to rng your id and sid

timid spread your game yield
PID: B8BE17BC (Timid, ability 0), IVs: 26/0/30/31/31/27, seed: 840C0CB3, delay: 3240 (year: 2011), method 1: 164, K (synch): 103, K (no synch): None, HP: Ice 68
PID: 1C01B302 (Timid, ability 0), IVs: 27/3/30/30/31/29, seed: F60A1353, delay: 4936 (year: 2011), method 1: 43, K (synch): 12, K (no synch): None, HP: Grass 64
PID: 8C6D236F (Timid, ability 1), IVs: 25/20/31/29/31/29, seed: 990F241C, delay: 9233 (year: 2011), method 1: 8, K (synch): None, K (no synch): None, HP: Dragon 52
PID: 0295AD97 (Timid, ability 1), IVs: 28/24/29/29/28/26, seed: 68030A69, delay: 2654 (year: 2011), method 1: 153, K (synch): 106, K (no synch): 144, HP: Rock 35
PID: 5A40F547 (Timid, ability 1), IVs: 29/8/29/28/28/30, seed: 560F12EB, delay: 4832 (year: 2011), method 1: 76, K (synch): None, K (no synch): None, HP: Flying 35
PID: 2A918591 (Timid, ability 1), IVs: 28/10/29/26/30/27, seed: 050B02D4, delay: 713 (year: 2011), method 1: 87, K (synch): 40, K (no synch): 70, HP: Poison 66
PID: 5499FB98 (Timid, ability 0), IVs: 26/29/25/25/26/29, seed: 2C0B105F, delay: 4180 (year: 2011), method 1: 188, K (synch): 173, K (no synch): 187, HP: Steel 50

This IMO is your best spread timid with your ID/SID combo(its pretty good):

PID: 5E16F112 (Timid, ability 0), IVs: 31/7/30/31/20/31, seed: 610C0682, delay: 1655 (year: 2011), method 1: 104, K (synch): 93, K (no synch): 101, HP: Ghost 49

ops... thanks anyways are here any guide to rng my id and sid to obtain that's zapdos?
timid hp ice 31/X/30/31/31/31 i have a syncronizer to thanks to all ^_^ and how i can find spreads so fast ??

ok thanks now i have more information.My final question is are any combination ID/SID
is it possible that this pid 46F43BCA and this E9375A48 be shiny in the same file?

Quick question: In HG/SS, I have an Egg spread on frame 7. Roamers advanced the frame by 3. So, do I need to do 3 Elm calls and pick up the Egg, or 4 calls + pick up?

small question
how can I check what frame im on without disturbing the frame in the Embedded Tower?

think I might have miscount,but not sure.

small question
how can I check what frame im on without disturbing the frame in the Embedded Tower?

think I might have miscount,but not sure.
No way with out advancing the frame, elm or the radio if you have radio seed, both only advance by 1 so if you're not too close(I can usually find my frame within 6 calls)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)