1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by mingot, Mar 16, 2009.

1. PoJ

PoJ

No, that's only Gen. V. :]

@Abra: Sorry, I have no idea.
  2. GoldenBanana

GoldenBanana

I think it advances the IRNG, so you can't use the Coin Flip app to check your seed in DPPt.
  3. Biosci

Biosci !
    is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a VGC3 Winner

Wth, I'm trying to hit my delay, I have the Date and Time set correctly and I set the Timer and Clock at the exact same time(Roughly), but I'm getting results(Coin Flips) that I can't even find matches for :/

I've hit this seed before many times. Does anyone know what else I'm missing? I'm sure it's stupid.
  4. V4Victini

V4Victini Free Ohmagod
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcher

I'd double check. And are you only searchin odd/even delay? Try searching both.
  5. Biosci

Biosci !
    is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a VGC3 Winner

Ueah I'm searching both, I've tried at this like 20 times and nothing :/
  6. Snapback

Snapback

Oh okay so it's the IV frame so to speak?
  7. Winters Zombie

Winters Zombie

There is no "IV frame" like there is in Gen 5.
    In generation 4, all natures and IVs are tied to each other. The PID and IVs are locked together. The nature can not change for that IV spread, unless if you do shiny chained theoretical. Which is not what method Lugia is under.

Breeding has the separated PID from IVs, but once again. Not Lugia's method.

Inside Lugia's chamber, nothing advances your frame but your movements and/or talking to your walking Pokemon.
  8. Gonzo

Gonzo

does sandstorm in DPPt advance frames? If yes how many per second? How can I get rid of it on route 228? thanks in advance :)
  9. Winters Zombie

Winters Zombie

It doesn't advance frames.
    As far as I know, no way to get rid of it.
  10. Abra Kapocus

Abra Kapocus

Nobody knows? The reason I ask is that I need to calibrate (to catch Azelf, Uxie, and Rotom) and I can't get to areas with lv 50 pokemon because I don't have the national dex yet, which is what I'm also trying to get.

Unless, of course, the grass patches in Sunnyshore City would yield mons at a high enough level. . .
  11. PoJ

PoJ

You don't really need to calibrate. Just download Eon Timer and use the default calib. delay and second, and update it with a delay you hit. It calibrates for you :)
  12. Abra Kapocus

Abra Kapocus

Huh. Well, imagine that. Good thing I have no desire whatsoever to RNG Mesprit.

Thanks!
  13. Shinyshuppet1

Shinyshuppet1

Hi everyone.
    I been trying to RNG lately but I don't seem to be able to...
    I hit a really far away sec I don't seem to know why.
    For example, I want to hit sec 59 but in the results it shows I hit sec 7 or something farther.
    I been wondering if DSs have any effect on RNG since well I started to have this problem when I bought my new DS.
    Anyone please help, Thanks.
  14. V4Victini

V4Victini Free Ohmagod
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcher

Did you calibrate?
  15. Winters Zombie

Winters Zombie

What timer are you using?

Calibration is pointless.
  16. Shinyshuppet1

Shinyshuppet1

I used eon timer first but didn't worked, then I tried pikatimer and nothing, I got the same bad results. Weird thing is that I've RNGed before and I never got this issue before.
    Maybe I should try elm loop to see what I get.

~Thanks for the replies guys.
  17. Winters Zombie

Winters Zombie

Try reducing the "Calibrated second" slot by however many seconds over you got.
  18. reaverz

reaverz

Oops, moving this post to the 5th Gen thread!
  19. Clinton

Clinton

In the Elm Method do I just need any pokemon with cured pokerus or does it have to be transferred from gen3?
  20. PoJ

PoJ

Any Pokemon with Pokerus/Cured Pokerus works, it doesn't have to be from Gen 3. Idk why you thought it did lol.
  21. Mackenzie

Mackenzie

can somebody fill me in on the details on the starting monster frames of charmander, squirtle in hgss starter rng, and on sudowoodo, togepi and red gyarados? and if so, how do i rng specifically for the red gyarados?
  22. PoJ

PoJ

For the Kanto starter's in HGSS, they are method 1 and have similar monster frames to the Johto starters. They're frames are:

Charmander - 1
    Squirtle - 5
    Bulbasaur - 9

That's the order they are on the table (Right?). Now, I haven't tested this and I'm not 100% sure but that's what I think is right from other user's posts.

Sudowoodo is just like any other stationary pokemon. Idk about Elm's Togepi but I'm guessing it's Method 1 and it's monster frame is 1. I'm guessing :P

Gyarados' monster frame is 1 in most cases but Iirc there are NPCs. It might be higher than 1.

As for how you RNG it, it's very similar to stationary pokemon except it's Chained Shiny Theoretical. What you do to find a seed for it is search for a seed with the IV spread you want but also search for any nature because with Chained Shiny Theoretical, the natures are determined by your ID/SID. So once you find a bunch of seeds with your target IVs, paste them into RNG Reporter, change the method to the Chained Shiny Theoretical, enter your ID/SID, and look through the frames until you find the one with your target IVs. Check the nature. If it's not the nature you want, paste a different seed you found and repeat the process. Once you find a seed with the nature you want, just RNG Gyarados like you would any other stationary!
  23. Mackenzie

Mackenzie

thanks princess! im thinking gyarados, togepi and the starters would take time because of things like rain,npcs. :|
  24. PoJ

PoJ

Rain doesn't advance any frames in Gen. 4 :)

NPCs aren't that bad, but they can be annoying.
  25. Snapback

Snapback

Yeah I was kind of comparing it to that. But okay I see, this is my very late reply lol. So NPCs can't mess with my while I am in and outside of the cave correct?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)