1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by mingot, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Zenotwapal

Zenotwapal

Ok, I've gotten a result finally (by changing my seconds from 15 to 14 on the EonTimer).
    I hit delay 633, which is the closest I've gotten to so far. What do I do from here? How do I get to my desired delay?
  2. NeoFred

NeoFred

Use the "Delay hit" function on EonTimer, type in the delay you got and then press "Update", EonTimer will update the timer for you to hit the correct delay.
  3. Zenotwapal

Zenotwapal

Alright, Thanks NeoFred. Going to attempt a hit now.
  4. PoJ

PoJ

Wow, I was right :3

Yeah, what NeoFred said. Update your timer and keep attempting to hit your delay; you should get it soon.

The thing about updating: don't update everytime you miss your delay. Only update when you're consistently hitting the same delay, or a range of delay. Or, if you get a delay that's really off, then you can update (but only if you don't think you messed up. Like, sometimes I accidentally press A too late. I wouldn't update my timer in that situation, since I didn't accurately follow the timer).

Good luck!
  5. Zenotwapal

Zenotwapal

Ok I did this a few times (its getting painfully dreadful to do this lol) and I got 669 twice. 14 above my desired delay (655).
    How do I fix this?
  6. Toast++

Toast++ Corrupt Admin
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Researcher Alumnus
    The Smog Lead

Type 669 into the Delay Hit box and click Update.
  7. Zenotwapal

Zenotwapal

^I did this and hit it again and I got 643. I'm still off my a good amount.
    God damn am I that terrible at this? Every Elm response pattern has been different until I got 669 twice.
  8. PoJ

PoJ

Hmm. Listen really carefully to the beeps. Be in sync with them. Like, know when they're coming and press A right when the last beep occurs. Idk if that makes sense :S
  9. Toast++

Toast++ Corrupt Admin
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Researcher Alumnus
    The Smog Lead

They don't have to be exactly the same, just close for you to update. Keep in mind that a delay is pretty small. You're only off by about 1/10 of a second.

I lightly tap the button with each beep until the final when I actually press it. It helps to get a good rhythm going.
  10. Zenotwapal

Zenotwapal

I get it. I have to press A as soon as the last beep occurs. I've been trying to press A as soon as the timer reaches 0.

I'll have to try it tomorrow though. I can't keep focus at 12:00 at night.
    I know it seems like I've been a pain in the ass on this thread but I really am having difficulties with this. All the help you guys have given me is appreciated.
  11. Kafei-

Kafei-

i tryin to obtain shiny zapdos on heart gold timid hp ice 31/X/30/31/31/31 but I don't see any spread after hours in rng reporter,my id is 12356 and sid 40773 are any other method more faster? or is imposible with this combinatin of id/sid? thanks!
  12. ff7Cloud

ff7Cloud

Yeah, you will probably have to RNG abuse your ID/SID :p

On a side note - I found that in Diamond, the M1 frames for the starters are all 12
  13. DarkChaos (HCZ)

DarkChaos (HCZ)

That spread is impossible with your id/sid, as stated before you have to rng your id and sid

timid spread your game yield
  14. Zoap

Zoap

This IMO is your best spread timid with your ID/SID combo(its pretty good):

PID: 5E16F112 (Timid, ability 0), IVs: 31/7/30/31/20/31, seed: 610C0682, delay: 1655 (year: 2011), method 1: 104, K (synch): 93, K (no synch): 101, HP: Ghost 49
  15. Kafei-

Kafei-

ops... thanks anyways are here any guide to rng my id and sid to obtain that's zapdos?
    timid hp ice 31/X/30/31/31/31 i have a syncronizer to thanks to all ^_^ and how i can find spreads so fast ??
  16. Zoap

Zoap

17. Kafei-

Kafei-

ok thanks now i have more information.My final question is are any combination ID/SID
    is it possible that this pid 46F43BCA and this E9375A48 be shiny in the same file?
  18. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

No they cannot. :/
  19. Redtype

Redtype

Quick question: In HG/SS, I have an Egg spread on frame 7. Roamers advanced the frame by 3. So, do I need to do 3 Elm calls and pick up the Egg, or 4 calls + pick up?
  20. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

You would do 3 more Elm calls then pick up the egg. Assuming that the NPC didn't advance the frames.
  21. Redtype

Redtype

Thanks, I always forget that. ^^
  22. BSatallite

BSatallite

small question
    how can I check what frame im on without disturbing the frame in the Embedded Tower?

think I might have miscount,but not sure.
  23. V4Victini

V4Victini Free Ohmagod
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcher

-EDIT- Never Mind. Misinterpretted the question :P
  24. Zoap

Zoap

No way with out advancing the frame, elm or the radio if you have radio seed, both only advance by 1 so if you're not too close(I can usually find my frame within 6 calls)
  25. GoldenBanana

GoldenBanana

In 3rd gen, will a pokemon always be generated by the same Method on a given frame?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)