Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I think you can set your DS clock to a minute before midnight, get in the game before the day rolls over, and check the swarm.

As for me, I guess I'll try just saving again and RNGing. If I hit that split frame again, I'll go for that 5717 frame.

Using RNG Reporter 9.93 Beta

What are you trying to capture\hatch? I'm trying to capture a non-shiny perfect (except for one irrelevant stat) timid natured Deino from Victory Road.

What is your target seed and frame? What is the delay of that seed? My target seed is F26809BC, date/time is 2/11/12 07:00:49, the frame is 4.

How did you verify your seed? Checked IVs.

If you tried and failed, what results did you get? The result has always been a perfect IV LAX natured Deino. Every single time. I have a Timid synchronizer as my lead pokemon.

I'm new to the whole RNG thing, but it's very frustrating to have captured 6 or 7 Deinos and them all having Lax nature and perfect IVs. I also am having trouble with actually encountering Deinos sometimes and I don't know how to narrow that search down. I also am restricted to lower seeds because I don't know how to advance the frame for larger numbers. Any help with this would definitely be appreciated

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Using RNG Reporter 9.93 Beta

What are you trying to capture\hatch? I'm trying to capture a non-shiny perfect (except for one irrelevant stat) timid natured Deino from Victory Road.

What is your target seed and frame? What is the delay of that seed? My target seed is F26809BC, date/time is 2/11/12 07:00:49, the frame is 4.

How did you verify your seed? Checked IVs.

If you tried and failed, what results did you get? The result has always been a perfect IV LAX natured Deino. Every single time. I have a Timid synchronizer as my lead pokemon.

I'm new to the whole RNG thing, but it's very frustrating to have captured 6 or 7 Deinos and them all having Lax nature and perfect IVs. I also am having trouble with actually encountering Deinos sometimes and I don't know how to narrow that search down. I also am restricted to lower seeds because I don't know how to advance the frame for larger numbers. Any help with this would definitely be appreciated
hint: encounter slots
hint: that's not your seed
hint: watch videos

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If you don't advance the PID frame at all, you will get the same nature every time. Since wild captures mean you have to deal with encounter slots, you'll probably want to learn more about PIDRNG advancement before you go on.

Loukas, there probably is a way, but I don't think any one would waste time researching it. You'll just have to do it the old fashioned way :P

Set your clock to 23:59, get into the game, and for some reason (at least for me) the swarm doesn't change until 00:01 and I have to go to a different area for it to change. So when I was trying to get a Yanma swarm, I saved near the border between Ecruteak City and Route whatever and when it changed to 00:01, I moved to the other spot.

Loukas, there probably is a way, but I don't think any one would waste time researching it. You'll just have to do it the old fashioned way :P

Set your clock to 23:59, get into the game, and for some reason (at least for me) the swarm doesn't change until 00:01 and I have to go to a different area for it to change. So when I was trying to get a Yanma swarm, I saved near the border between Ecruteak City and Route whatever and when it changed to 00:01, I moved to the other spot.
So i keep reseting my clock until i get the swarm pokemon i want?

^ Yep I usually set it my DS to 23:58 and let 30 seconds or so roll by b4 starting. I'm not comfortable with the 23:59 for w/e reason.

Good luck it was a beezy trying to get a Ralts to appear for me. Also remember when the date rolls over, if you start with yanama for example on the roll you get ralts, if ralts isn't your desired pokemon SAVE then rinse and repeat, otherwise you'll just keep getting ralts.

EDIT: I couldn't find where Snapback originally asked the DP starter question, but if you still want to know shoot me a VM/PM. This goes for anyone, although carts are frustrating so be warned.

How do I go about using the E4 method to RNG Raikou? I look through the OP for a little bit but found nothing. Even tried searching it up with ctrl + F. Also that Radioseed.exe link didn't work for me.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
How do I go about using the E4 method to RNG Raikou? I look through the OP for a little bit but found nothing. Even tried searching it up with ctrl + F. Also that Radioseed.exe link didn't work for me.
liar

ctrl+f raikou (6 results)
#6 -
Sixfortyfive and Destiny100 have provided a guide for RNGing Entei\Raikou after you encounter them in the Burned Tower:
/yawn

what's is use true minimun frame? I'm searching shiny seed's for a stacionary pokemon (landorus) I have to mark it or not?

what's is use true minimun frame? I'm searching shiny seed's for a stacionary pokemon (landorus) I have to mark it or not?
This is what true minimum frame does:

You know how every seed has a starting PID frame? Well, if you check the true minimum frame box, then RNG Reporter will only give you seeds where the shiny PID is above the starting frame for that seed. For example, say I'm searching for a shiny seed, and I find a seed with a shiny frame of... say, 23. Well, it's impossible to hit that frame because all starting frames are 35-60. If I had the true minimum frame box checked, that seed wouldn't have showed up.

omg this is incredible.. i found a Seed for my landorus shiny E1BCB8D6A2B4B176 Modest 30/14/30/30/30/31 Synch use Nearly shiny frame 290 and Frame 1..the seed is at 5 december of 2027 at 06:24:46 Keypress UP my timero is 127B.. and always i get the same landorus ivs: 5-6/11/24/26-27/24-25 why? i press A at 45 second and up before A. Please help

omg this is incredible.. i found a Seed for my landorus shiny E1BCB8D6A2B4B176 Modest 30/14/30/30/30/31 Synch use Nearly shiny frame 290 and Frame 1..the seed is at 5 december of 2027 at 06:24:46 Keypress UP my timero is 127B.. and always i get the same landorus ivs: 5-6/11/24/26-27/24-25 why? i press A at 45 second and up before A. Please help
Ok, well first of all, this should all be in the 5th gen. help thread... :P

And, it's because on a 3DS/DSi (I'm guessing you're on a 3DS/DSi because of your timer0) you have to press A 8 seconds before, not 1 second before. And... if this is how you found your parameters, you'll have to do it all over again. But Idk how you found your parameters by starting 1 second before o.O

Oh, and btw, don't press your keypresses before you press A.

Hi all, 1st post.

Just trying to figure out if I am doing something wrong.

I am trying to capture wild Pokemon in Black. I have been moderately successful in hitting the right seed (the Timer0 always seems to know when be on the opposite of the seed I am wanting...alternates between C7B and C7C).

I have Syncs that I have been able to successfully use as well. However, my problem is that no matter how many times I try (in the same spot or moving to a totally different location), it always seems to be set on Ability 0.

I've used both programs (Windows and Mac OS X) and it said that it should work for both Ability 0 and 1 but I have only encountered Pokemon with Ability 0 for the last two days. I have also tried other times.

Oddly, when I tried to catch Reshiram against N, it will hit the right spread but the nature would ALWAYS be Bold whether I used a synch or not. Tried this at least 10 times hitting the right spread.

If it helps, here are some other info:
DS Lite
Timer 0: C7B - C7C
VCount: 60 - 60
VFrame: 6- 6
I've been trying to catch them on IV Frame 1.

K, fellas,
I bought French Diamond and I can't hit my seed when RNGing ID/SID it's odd (5839) and I hit 5838 and 5840. I used my French Ruby to shift delays to odd values, but it didn't work (my English Emerald didn't work either).
What can I do now?
Using EonTimer 1.5

liar

ctrl+f raikou (6 results)
#6 -

/yawn
Lol yeah I am. I searched E4 which was the problem.

K, fellas,
I bought French Diamond and I can't hit my seed when RNGing ID/SID it's odd (5839) and I hit 5838 and 5840. I used my French Ruby to shift delays to odd values, but it didn't work (my English Emerald didn't work either).
What can I do now?
Using EonTimer 1.5
Just unlucky I think. While RNGing my ID/SID in Pearl I got both odd and even delays. You just need to hit the delay perfectly.

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
K, fellas,
What can I do now?
Using EonTimer 1.5
Change the year 1 up or down and you'll be golden :P

Hi all, 1st post.

Just trying to figure out if I am doing something wrong.

I am trying to capture wild Pokemon in Black. I have been moderately successful in hitting the right seed (the Timer0 always seems to know when be on the opposite of the seed I am wanting...alternates between C7B and C7C).

I have Syncs that I have been able to successfully use as well. However, my problem is that no matter how many times I try (in the same spot or moving to a totally different location), it always seems to be set on Ability 0.

I've used both programs (Windows and Mac OS X) and it said that it should work for both Ability 0 and 1 but I have only encountered Pokemon with Ability 0 for the last two days. I have also tried other times.

Oddly, when I tried to catch Reshiram against N, it will hit the right spread but the nature would ALWAYS be Bold whether I used a synch or not. Tried this at least 10 times hitting the right spread.

If it helps, here are some other info:
DS Lite
Timer 0: C7B - C7C
VCount: 60 - 60
VFrame: 6- 6
I've been trying to catch them on IV Frame 1.
First off, you've posted in the wrong thread. Next time use the 5th gen. RNG help thread ;)

And, to fix your problem, try advancing the PID frame. The PID frame is what determines what nature, ability, gender, and encounter slot you'll get. The reason you keep getting the same Bold Reshiram, or ability 0 is because you're hitting the same PID frame. You can advance this frame by recording a Chatot's chatter and looking at the Chatot's summary (you don't have to listen to the whole chatter) or by saving. Those both advance by one frame each. Just try advancing the frame one at a time until you get your wanted result. Also, be wary of NPCs because they advance the PID frame as well.

K, fellas,
What can I do now?
Using EonTimer 1.5
That's the odd thing about ID/SID abuse: inserting GBA carts doesn't seem to effect the delay you hit. The only way is to change the year of your seed. This changes your target delay by +/- 1, so you'll have a target delay that's even.

Edit: Ninja'd :P

First off, you've posted in the wrong thread. Next time use the 5th gen. RNG help thread ;)

And, to fix your problem, try advancing the PID frame. The PID frame is what determines what nature, ability, gender, and encounter slot you'll get. The reason you keep getting the same Bold Reshiram, or ability 0 is because you're hitting the same PID frame. You can advance this frame by recording a Chatot's chatter and looking at the Chatot's summary (you don't have to listen to the whole chatter) or by saving. Those both advance by one frame each. Just try advancing the frame one at a time until you get your wanted result. Also, be wary of NPCs because they advance the PID frame as well.
Ah damn, lol...thought I had the right thread. Thanks for the correction and greatly appreciate the help. I'll give that a try.

Why not? I always do my keypresses before I hit A, and it always works fine. It's easier to prepare awkward combinations, especially.
Oh... I was under the impression that if you did that, you would get different results (I thought someone said that, guess not :P). Nevermind, then! :)

Anyone with DPPt experience ever have inconsistent results from walking in the grass to advance frames? I have a seed and it seems no matter what the last step will either A) advance 2 and go 1 over, or B) advance 1 under.

This leads me to believe that certain frames are not possible for shiny radar patch abuse(as the if the last step is always going to juke you over or shoot you under then some frames would be unhitable.)

Here is the seed: 3c16031c
Frame 1523 holds the flawless IV's

basically when I walk into the shiny patch on 1522, IV's and nature are 1524, when I go on 1521 it is for 1522.

Any ideas on something I could be missing would be helpful as this is incredibly frustrating hitting my seed doing all the right advancements and getting nothing.

Also No Roamers and No NPC's as I'm at Valley Windworks.

Anyone with DPPt experience ever have inconsistent results from walking in the grass to advance frames? I have a seed and it seems no matter what the last step will either A) advance 2 and go 1 over, or B) advance 1 under.

This leads me to believe that certain frames are not possible for shiny radar patch abuse(as the if the last step is always going to juke you over or shoot you under then some frames would be unhitable.)

Here is the seed: 3c16031c
Frame 1523 holds the flawless IV's

basically when I walk into the shiny patch on 1522, IV's and nature are 1524, when I go on 1521 it is for 1522.

Any ideas on something I could be missing would be helpful as this is incredibly frustrating hitting my seed doing all the right advancements and getting nothing.

Also No Roamers and No NPC's as I'm at Valley Windworks.
Try advancing to 1520 and then walk into the patch. Or you could turn-walk into the patch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)