1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.
  3. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!
  4. Ever find yourself missing out on the latest Smogon articles? We've now got a subscription service, so the newest articles (of your choice) are delivered right to your inbox! Check it out here.

Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by mingot, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Zoap

Zoap

Hi and welcome to 4th gen rng! First and foremost I recommend downloading PokeRng from the first post as it searches seeds ALOT faster than reporter.

Next is in rng reporter there is actually a tab for wondercard(right where you have method 1 selected), so this eliminates any guess work of adding 2(your right it's just more convient).

In Dppt unfortunately all marts have at least 1 npc but sandgem is the one I always use for wondercards. Next thing to note is that unless nature is locked in it will be a game of hope you get the right nature.

To get your journal to pop up you have to have a 3 day difference, and yes after your flips you collect the egg as fast as possible the check with coin flips.

Wondercard abuse can be brutal but stick with it and if you have anymore questions feel free to ask
  2. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Be aware that to be able to advance a single frame in DPPt you can use a Chatot with a custom Chatter. Just like in 5th gen, checking the summary of a Chatot with a custom Chatter advances the RNG by 1.
  3. oldman

oldman

Hi just want to thank Zoap & Hozu for taking the time to reply. Sorry for delay I've just finished work and had a go at rng after work took me about 1 hour to hit my delay. I was trying for delay of 630 i hit every even frame from 620 to 642 several times and even hit 631 once but i've just now hit 630 and have my first ever RNG of any kind in 4th Gen. Once again thanks for replying i took your advice and used Pokerng and Wondercard Helper and Eontimer so thanks to the people behind those marvelous creations. I'm sure RNG breeding/wild pokemon/shiny pokemon etc will be a lot harder but i will finish my wondercards and then have a go at ID/SID abuse. Next stop Jirachi wondercard which i guess would be ideal as careful nature?
  4. Snapback

Snapback

Okay so I am about to RNG my Raikou, but one problem. My radio doesn't pick up any stations. I am in the Champion's room right now saved in front of the auto-walk with only Raikou killed like the guide says. I haven't even tried to go to Kanto as of now. Johto is my only region therefore I can't check Latios' route.
  5. PoJ

PoJ

You probably need the Kanto radio update, since Indigo Plateau is in Kanto. You get the update from this guy in Lavender Town's Radio Tower after you clear the power plant side quest. You'll have to make Raikou re spawn and KO him again :/
  6. Snapback

Snapback

Oh okay thanks ^.^. When does Latios roam? At the Pokemon Fan Club like OP says? In that case I should KO both Entei and Raikou to RNG Latios there?
  7. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius

Don't bother RNGing Latios from there. It's much more difficult to do that.
  8. Snapback

Snapback

Oh why is that? Just wondering.
  9. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius

Moving NPCs move differently for each seed, and for each frame before you leave the building.
  10. Snapback

Snapback

Oh alright. Thanks for the info Hozu!

EDIT: Hit my delay. Can't even check if I hit the correct frame because Raikou is a troll
  11. religiousjedi

religiousjedi brb, drowning another lousy, evil cat (Litten).
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

Wanted to be clear a bout something: a dead battery Ruby/Sapphire essentially acts like Emerald, right? I also hear that it is seeded differently (something like 5A0?), but is there any other differences? And lastly, I've seen some new methods in RNG Reporter, specifically 3rd Gen. Could someone clear up which is which?
  12. PoJ

PoJ

It acts like Emerald in a way. All 3rd gen. games advance the frame by about 60 frames per second (although in FRLG, there are some cases where the game skips odd or even frames, and you have to resave or something to change them. Or at least, that's what I read somewhere), but the diff. between Ru/Sa and Emerald is that in Emerald, you always hit the same seed. In Ru/Sa, you hit different seeds and there's no way to control it. But once the internal battery dies, Ru/Sa will always hit the same seed: 5A0. So then it will act almost exactly like Emerald, except you hit a different seed so different IV spreads are possible.

The new 3rd gen. methods are Method H (-1, -2, and -3). They're very similar to Method J/K. This method has encounter slots, something that wasn't figured out before this. That's really all there is to Method H :P

As for why there are 3 method H's, I have no idea. All I know is that Method H-2 is the one that you will hit the most.
  13. Snapback

Snapback

Okay I am back with another question :P I RNGed Raikou perfectly fine. So I killed off Latios only, so when I beat Lance will he be under frame 1, 6, or 11?

EDIT: Nevermind I found my answer by actually reading.
    So it would be Frame 1 correct?
  14. PoJ

PoJ

Yes, he should be 1 because he's the only one re spawning. But if Entei is roaming, you might start on frame 2 (or 3? I'm unfamiliar with roamer advancements) since he'll advance the frame. Unless you caught him too.
  15. Snapback

Snapback

Oh yeah that is what I meant:P Frame 3 because Raikou is still roaming as well.
  16. Muk

Muk

Through what method are FR/LG wild non-stationary Pokemon generated?
  17. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius

Method H. It's difficult to determine which one though, especially in FR/LG I've heard. Could be H-2 or H-4. I doubt H-1 though.
  18. Muk

Muk

19. Slashmolder

Slashmolder 'Ello Governor
    is a Programmer Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

So I thought I was playing though Soul Silver with an ID/SID of 132/32280 so that I could get a shiny Latios.
    I could have sworn that the PID I wrote down I was using was 53671DFA with a seed of 4C131778. The problem is that PID isn't shiny with my ID/SID. I'm trying for the life of me to figure what I possibly could have done to come up with that ID/SID to abuse. I remember using Pandora's Box with the Shiny PID feature. Any ideas?
  20. PoJ

PoJ

You must have messed up somehow, there's really no other explanation. Sorry!
  21. GoldenBanana

GoldenBanana

Why does everyone say this? From my experience, the majority of wild pokemon I find are H-1, and very few are H-2.
    You must have misread your handwriting as 63671dfa instead of 53671dfa.
  22. PoJ

PoJ

I've got a sort of unrelated question (if it's not allowed, I'll delete it!) but here goes:

How do I get Eepid.exe to work? I downloaded it from the link posted in Hozu's guide but when I try to open it it says "The program can't start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I tried reinstalling and it said the same thing. Does anyone know how to fix this? :o
  23. Slashmolder

Slashmolder 'Ello Governor
    is a Programmer Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

If you don't have the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable try installing it.
  24. PoJ

PoJ

Omg thanks so much! It worked :D
  25. Muk

Muk

Is it possible to RNG an ID/SID combo in FRLG?

edit: on an emulator

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)