Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Now I have Shinyness/Nature, & I'm trying to do IVs.

I'm plugging in then Elm calls but I'm coming out with A. no matches, or B. It's a piece of the end half of the Responses. Say I got PKPKKEEKE, plug it in, & it gives me PEPPKPKKEEKE.
My Delay Range is -400 +400 I've even gone -500 +1000 looking for it.
I've been trying different seeds, but they're not working either. :/

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Now I have Shinyness/Nature, & I'm trying to do IVs.

I'm plugging in then Elm calls but I'm coming out with A. no matches, or B. It's a piece of the end half of the Responses. Say I got PKPKKEEKE, plug it in, & it gives me PEPPKPKKEEKE.
My Delay Range is -400 +400 I've even gone -500 +1000 looking for it.
I've been trying different seeds, but they're not working either. :/
If it matches the delay you're aiming for, then there should be no problem. It is possibly suggesting that the wandering NPC on that route advanced the frame before you managed to bring up the menu.

If it matches the delay you're aiming for, then there should be no problem. It is possibly suggesting that the wandering NPC on that route advanced the frame before you managed to bring up the menu.
It's not though.
& I'm saved in front of the Daycare Man. There are no wandering NPCs.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It's not though.
& I'm saved in front of the Daycare Man. There are no wandering NPCs.
No matter the game (DPPtHGSSBW), there is always at least one wandering NPC in the area where the Daycare Man is. Just because you can't see them, doesn't mean they aren't there.

I'm curious, is anyone here good at 3rd Gen RNGing, specifically FR? My new project is a Safari Zone Scyther and Chansey but I have absolutely no idea how to start it. Any help is appreciated!

I've got an issue here.

I'm trying to RNG my ID/SID again for Plat. and I went to check my Delay I hit in Pandora's Box. I plugged in everything correctly and I come up with a "Invalid Date" Error every time, although I have the years properly plugged in.
I assume this is a glitch?
EDIT: I'm using the latest version of RNGReporter, 9.95 BETA.

I'm trying to breed a quiet 0 speed Iv Snover in HG. I have all three roamers out. My target time is: 2011 03 09, 8:01:50, my target delay is: 596 and my seed is 4E08025F.
The problem is that I keep hitting 8:01:49 instead of 8:01:50 even if I hit the right delay. I tried other seeds and the same problem occurred. Could someone please help me with that?

I'm trying to breed a quiet 0 speed Iv Snover in HG. I have all three roamers out. My target time is: 2011 03 09, 8:01:50, my target delay is: 596 and my seed is 4E08025F.
The problem is that I keep hitting 8:01:49 instead of 8:01:50 even if I hit the right delay. I tried other seeds and the same problem occurred. Could someone please help me with that?
I'm 99% sure that you are actually hitting 50 seconds. Roamer verification only finds the first match so if you search multiple seconds, you will seemingly never hit your seed. Try -0, +0 for seconds and that should fix your problem.

shitgoddamnitmotherfucker

I swear for the past day I've been trying to re-abuse my ID/SID and I've been blowing hardcore.
My target delay is 8200. I either hit 8199, 8201, or for some odd reason, 8205. I keep hitting odd delays, no matter what 3rd Gen. Cart I use. How do I fix this? should I adjust my year to a odd delay?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
shitgoddamnitmotherfucker

I swear for the past day I've been trying to re-abuse my ID/SID and I've been blowing hardcore.
My target delay is 8200. I either hit 8199, 8201, or for some odd reason, 8205. I keep hitting odd delays, no matter what 3rd Gen. Cart I use. How do I fix this? should I adjust my year to a odd delay?
Is this HGSS? I believe you can only hit either only odd or even delays on a given year so maybe you should try just +- a year to your current date.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
I hear that GBA cart has no effect for ID/SID abuse. However I've also heard that changing the case of the text in the name entry screen shifts it. So try doing what you have been doing except before you hit enter on the name entry screen change the case once more and see what happens. If it doesn't work then either I was lied to or it's D/P/Pt only.

Is this HGSS? I believe you can only hit either only odd or even delays on a given year so maybe you should try just +- a year to your current date.
I hear that GBA cart has no effect for ID/SID abuse. However I've also heard that changing the case of the text in the name entry screen shifts it. So try doing what you have been doing except before you hit enter on the name entry screen change the case once more and see what happens. If it doesn't work then either I was lied to or it's D/P/Pt only.
3rd gen carts didn't seem to have any effect when I was RNGing in HG, so you're probably better off just changing the year.
Well I'm RNGing my ID on Platinum. And I just hit a Even Delay (oddly enough, my first attempt AFTER I changed my delay from 8200 to 8201 :/ ) I don't think there's a change with the cart, as I had my Ruby in for that attempt and in the past few days Ruby gave me nothing but odd delays.

Well I'm RNGing my ID on Platinum. And I just hit a Even Delay (oddly enough, my first attempt AFTER I changed my delay from 8200 to 8201 :/ ) I don't think there's a change with the cart, as I had my Ruby in for that attempt and in the past few days Ruby gave me nothing but odd delays.
Try what Hozu suggested. I think it should work.

No advice? :(
First off you pretty much need to be using an emu, FR/LG abuse is possible on a cart but from what I hear is incredibly difficult, even compared to other 3rd gen abuse.

Second it's best if you learn Emerald or dead battery R/S first, they're easier to understand and you don't have to worry about figuring out your starting seed, FR/LG is pretty much the same other than random starting seeds so if you don't want to bother with E/dead battery R/S you don't have to, but if you have problems with FR/LG try them first.

Third read the things here and here, the second link is especially helpful as it has links to LUA scripts which make FR/LG and live battery R/S abuse on emus much easier.

If you have any more questions they're probably answered in the links I provided.

hi can anyone help with rng in burned tower hg/ss raikou entei. when exactly do i save before doing frame advancement i've read about several different places. do i save by ladder just before going down to the roamers in the basement or go down ladder into basement take 2 steps towards them and save on steps down to them ie.just before they twitch and flee. thanks just wanted some advice as without hm fly i can't check if i do everything correct on frame advancements or though i can rng them after beating elite four again but just wanted to get one roamer done earlier. cheers

I'm attempting to abuse my ID's in Platinum as well...the problem I'm having is that Pandora's Box is showing my target delay as 6522, but when I put my seed into the simple seed to TID/SID calculator at the top, it shows the delay as 6534.

I've managed to hit both delays, but I'm not getting the ID/SID combo I'm aiming for (TID 00338 SID 47179).

I'm attempting Emerald PID abuse. What's a plausible base calibration value? Is the only way to find my SID Pal Parking a Pokémon to Gen IV and then checking it using Pokécheck?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)