Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Hi just wanted to thank Voodoo Pimp and POJ for help with Bug Catching Contest just got first catch in bcc and yes you both were correct need cute charmer rather than synchronize pokemon. Caught slot 8 scyther 30/31/31/0/31/31 adamant technican ability. Would either of you know if you can catch shiny bcc pokemon. Once again thanks for the help. I was thinking of a giveway of bcc pokemon what would be most useful/popular. I wouldn't need anything in return just wanted to do a giveway. I can't clone but can catch several to giveaway

I want to RNG the Red Gyarados in HG/SS. Is there anything special about it that I need to know about? Someone told me that it is Method 1 generated?
Keep in mind the nature is determined by your ID/SID since it's a Chained Shiny, so you'll have to look through several seeds to find one with your wanted nature!

Hi just wanted to thank Voodoo Pimp and POJ for help with Bug Catching Contest just got first catch in bcc and yes you both were correct need cute charmer rather than synchronize pokemon. Caught slot 8 scyther 30/31/31/0/31/31 adamant technican ability. Would either of you know if you can catch shiny bcc pokemon. Once again thanks for the help. I was thinking of a giveway of bcc pokemon what would be most useful/popular. I wouldn't need anything in return just wanted to do a giveway. I can't clone but can catch several to giveaway
Yeah shiny is possible. You just need to abuse your ID/SID for the spread you want shiny.

Edit: Semi-ninja'd :p

Edit 2: Actually completely ninja'd... just realized that M3 already mentioned that the natures are determined by your ID/SID. I should pay more attention .-.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I got the same scyther a while ago, I believe! Congrats :3

I am trying to RNG a shiny Relaxed 31/9/31/31/31/0 Storm Drain Shellos in Platinum at Valley Windworks (grass). I do not have my SID but I saw the !!! in the Method J Time Finder results and naturally had to try getting it!

Seed: D707086C
PID: 00000007
Delay: 2144
Frame: 85 (84 frame advancements required)

Required lead: Cute Charm (Female)---according to Time Finder, this means that I need to lead with a male Cute Charm Pokemon of any gender ratio and this would work on females of any gender ratio

After hitting the seed (verifying via Coin Flip), advancing 84 frames by flipping through the Journal (initial frame of 1, I believe), and using Sweet Scent, I caught a normal, non-shiny Shellos that had the IVs, nature and ability I was looking for. I simply don't understand why the Shellos wasn't shiny. I plugged the seed into the main Time Finder window, (making sure I had Method J selected) changed the Synchronize button to Cute Charm and selected "Male Lead (50% F target)"--I took this to mean that yes, I used a male Cute Charm lead, that I was going for a female Shellos, and that the species has a gender ratio of 50% M/50% F. When I outputted my results, I saw that none of the Pokemon in the surrounding frames had the same IV spread/nature/ability combination as the one I captured, so I did hit the right seed and frame. but why is it not shiny!?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
That PID would be shiny for an ID/SID combination of 0/0, which is presumably what you left those fields as. That's why it showed up as shiny in the search.

Hi in diamond pearl going after rng'ing riolu egg I'm saved just before last double battle with Riley against two grunts when do you start to rng as when I fight/beat grunts game goes straight into Riley speech and I can't refuse egg so have no idea how/when to exactly start rng or how to advance frames/ find starting frame? As I thought I could beat grunts and then save and start rng'ing but unless I've gone wrong can't seem to figure it out as fighting grunts would surely advance frames to god knows were? Thanks to anyone with advice

Hi in diamond pearl going after rng'ing riolu egg I'm saved just before last double battle with Riley against two grunts when do you start to rng as when I fight/beat grunts game goes straight into Riley speech and I can't refuse egg so have no idea how/when to exactly start rng or how to advance frames/ find starting frame? As I thought I could beat grunts and then save and start rng'ing but unless I've gone wrong can't seem to figure it out as fighting grunts would surely advance frames to god knows were? Thanks to anyone with advice
What you can do is bring a party of 6 Pokemon. Then after the battle, you won't be able to take the egg since you have 6 Pokemon so he tells you to come back with room in your party. Go deposit a Pokemon and come back to claim the egg.

However... Idk if you can leave the cave with Riley. If you have Pokeballs, try catching a wild Pokemon or two until your party is full. If you don't have Pokeballs, I'm not sure what you can do. The battle is probably going to advance some frames so Idk if you can RNG it by saving before the battle.

This is going to be a really stupid question for most of you, but how do you use the EonTimer?

I know how to RNG and currently I'm trying to RNG shiny flawless eggs on Pokemon Platinum. Since I don't have an AR code to immediately check the IVs of my hatched Pokemon, I figured having something to help me hit my delay with good accuracy would make things easier for me.

This is going to be a really stupid question for most of you, but how do you use the EonTimer?

I know how to RNG and currently I'm trying to RNG shiny flawless eggs on Pokemon Platinum. Since I don't have an AR code to immediately check the IVs of my hatched Pokemon, I figured having something to help me hit my delay with good accuracy would make things easier for me.
At the end of the first timer soft reset. At the second one press continue from the game menu.

Piece of advice: If you have HGSS, use that for breeding on Gen IV. RNGing is essentially the same, but you won't have to deal with DPPt's annoying WNPCs in Solaceon Town.

Thanks once again POJ for your help (your a star) i think i was flapping about messing up RNG for Riolu Egg, so i just did as you said caught a wild pokemon to make party six pokemon and went back later on to collect egg from Riley And managed to get timid hp ice riolu egg so just need to find time to ev it up .

ok, it's been weeks since i haven't hit my delay. I don't think im doing flashcart abuses now, do the delays really alternate between odd/even on their own despite not having the year changed? and if i change my year, should it be that i should consistently hit an odd/even delay?

I have finally decided to rng all the legendary in my copy of platinum.
I have just one problem with the time finder.

The interface of version 9.95 time finder has completely changed and i am a little bit confused about it. ?

If i try to input the same min/max delay it simply won't start.
When i don't, i got the same seed over and over with just a different frame, that's the desired target frame with the iv set that i am looking for isn't it ?
If in the column "required lead" it shows "synchronise" then can i use whatever synchroniser i want to change the nature ?
After that, i just have to do like normal and go for "generate more time" and i have all the info i need, that's it ?

BTW, what does the "hour" column do ? That seems new.

One last thing to be sure, is there fundamuntal differences between DPP rng and HGSS rng ?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Hello darling let me explain some of that stuff for you =3

First, if you inpu the same minimum/maximum delay the reporter will only look for seeds found on the specific delay,if there is none, none will show up.

If you extend the delay range you will probably find different seeds that match your criteria, you some of these seeds happen at many different frames but that's normal, just choose one you feel comfortable with and yea that,s the desired frame.
If the reporter tells you to use a synchronizer then you have to have one as your lead, the synchronizer should have the nature you want on your target pokemon.

Yup, right click and generate more times.

The hour column is more of a reminder for people that forget to put the right time.

Here is something about the differences
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78139

ok, it's been weeks since i haven't hit my delay. I don't think im doing flashcart abuses now, do the delays really alternate between odd/even on their own despite not having the year changed? and if i change my year, should it be that i should consistently hit an odd/even delay?
1) Use "seed to time" under 4th gen tools in RNG Reporter to figure out what seed you hit and check the delay (use coin flips if it's DPP or Elm/Irwin calls or the Roamer method if you're on HGSS).
If you do this a couple of times you should be able to confirm whether your delays are changing from odd to even, or vice-versa.

2) Changing the year changes the delay required to generate a seed, it does not change which delay you hit (or whether your delay is odd/even). So if you need to hit a delay of 1066 in 2012, in 2011 you would need to hit a delay of 1067 to generate the same seed.

Hello darling let me explain some of that stuff for you =3

First, if you inpu the same minimum/maximum delay the reporter will only look for seeds found on the specific delay,if there is none, none will show up.
Thanks for the clarification it helped a lot and i just successfully failed to rng a dialga (forgot that the journal advance frames by 2 and not one. Silly me).

Anyway, there is just that last sentence that i kept in the quote that is bothering me.
I know for sure that there is a seed with the IVs i want at the delay i input in the time finder and it just can't find it unless i put in the delay min/max boxes "my delay-1" "my delay +1". It has no impact on the process has i can work around it and since rng reporter manages to calculate a spread in a matter of seconds but it's just bothering me. I this normal ?

As for the link about rnging in HGSS, thanks a lot, i will put it to good use.

Edit : Ok, now that was funny. I rnged my dialga correctly and it still came out wrong.
Rng reporter 9.95 showed a lot or result for my research, i picked the first one as the frame it gave me was more convinient. Got to the seed to time application, got my time, i hitted my delay, capturer the poke, checked it's iv and... they were wrong. Nothing like what the time finder calculated.
So i generate the seed in the main window and it turns out that the iv for the frame i was aiming were the right one according to the main window. Now when i look at it, the iv i want are not on the frame i was aiming for. In fact, there are dozens of frame that are supposed to have them in the time finder whereas only 2 frames have the right combination of iv i am aiming for in the reporter main menu.

So i used the version 8.31 of rng reporter and now the time finder only give me the 2 frames that have the iv combination i am looking for that show up when i generate the seed in the main window.

Either there is a problem with version 9.95 or i am misusing it. Anyway, gotta try one more time with the correct (i hope) frame that time.

Edit 2 : Every thing went smoothly except that the synchroniser didn't worked. I don't understand, i made sure he was in first place before talking to dialga. And i did set the synchroniser while searching for seed/iv/frame.

1) Use "seed to time" under 4th gen tools in RNG Reporter to figure out what seed you hit and check the delay (use coin flips if it's DPP or Elm/Irwin calls or the Roamer method if you're on HGSS).
If you do this a couple of times you should be able to confirm whether your delays are changing from odd to even, or vice-versa.

2) Changing the year changes the delay required to generate a seed, it does not change which delay you hit (or whether your delay is odd/even). So if you need to hit a delay of 1066 in 2012, in 2011 you would need to hit a delay of 1067 to generate the same seed.
i figured it out. since i was hitting at the 5900+ range, i used iv check code and pokerng to determine what im hitting. it worked perfectly. thanks for your help too. :)

I need a clarification. How does the synchronise ability affects the generation of nature/iv in the 4th gen ?
Frow what a gathered, in R/S/E synchronise make you jump to the next frame with the coresponding nature.
In B/W, it just raise your chance to have the same nature and keeps the iv as it shoulds (since the rng changed and iv are not pid dependant)
Thing is, where there some change between 3r and 4th gen ? I can't find the info and i just had too different results that i can't make sence of.
Every thing went smoothly except that the synchroniser didn't worked. I don't understand, i made sure he was in first place before talking to dialga. And i did set the synchroniser while searching for seed/iv/frame.
Got the target time, delay, frame right but nature ended up wrong. I did checked "synchronise nature" while searching for a seed and it should have given me a synchronisable frame.
After that, i used wichu pokérng, found a suitable seed that can work with and without synchronise. They have different frame though, that's beyond me. I rng what i wanted with no problem without synchronise.
Now i want to rng a different poke with a different nature so i thought i could use synchronise to change it (probably my mistake here). The thing is hitted me seed two times, advanced the frame without miscounting and both time, in due of ending at frame 89, i ended up frame 65. The game sent my 20 frames back to get the corresponding nature.

So it is not working like in 3rd gen from what i can see.

Before i search for a non flawless spread (since according to pokérng i can't find a flawless hasty spread), i would just like too understand how synchronising work in 4th gen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)