Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Ok thanks voodoo. If a knew about your question I would help, but I don't know anything about that, sorry ^^

I have a question for Everstone :

It's you who made the 4th Gen RNG guide, right ? I have a remark to do :

In the fifth part "V: Getting an ID/SID of your choice", you explain how to get an ID/SID that makes a flawless spread shiny, but the other utility of ID/SID manipulation is not explained. I mean, when you say
"Practical uses of ID/SID manipulation include:
-Getting a flawless shiny spread (or two) that can be used to capture shiny legendaries and wild Pokemon.
-Being able to nickname event Pokemon (and other trainers' Pokemon for that matter). To do this your Trainer ID must match up with the desired Pokemon's Trainer ID."

I mean the second point, which is using ID/SID abuse for renaming other trainers' pokemon, and event pokemon. How can I completely choose the ID I want ?

If I want to make an ID that looks like "0001", or "1234", even just for fun, can I ?

Yeah I know that, I just wanted to know how to simply choose a fun ID without having a good one which makes a shiny spread.

I'm not gonna do it because of course I prefer picking an ID that corresponds to shiny spread, but I'm curious to know how I could do to create any ID I wish.

I search on the Old Pokerng Emerald, for this spread: 45eefcf6 (BOLD, ability 0) 31/14/31/31/31/31 (Seed: ef0902ab Frame: 3525), to abuse on a emerald emulator, but in some guides this nature with the exactly same ivs and pid have a frame to very high like a
2, 270, 091, 482, wich result i can use?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I search on the Old Pokerng Emerald, for this spread: 45eefcf6 (BOLD, ability 0) 31/14/31/31/31/31 (Seed: ef0902ab Frame: 3525), to abuse on a emerald emulator, but in some guides this nature with the exactly same ivs and pid have a frame to very high like a
2, 270, 091, 482, wich result i can use?
Use the other one, notice that the one in parentheses is using a different seed value. And PokeRNG is pretty much obsolete now, I suggest using RNG Reporter to find spreads instead.

Uhhhhhh everyone keeps (un)intentionally skipping my posts :( Atleast give me a reason why my question isn't worth an answer. Anyways for the last time eontimer keeps landing me 725~ instead of 696. Writing that in delay hit makes it impossible to start the game at the time. Either I am hitting something completely off because my timeframe in seed to time is too big or EonTimer lands me wrong.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Uhhhhhh everyone keeps (un)intentionally skipping my posts :( Atleast give me a reason why my question isn't worth an answer. Anyways for the last time eontimer keeps landing me 725~ instead of 696. Writing that in delay hit makes it impossible to start the game at the time. Either I am hitting something completely off because my timeframe in seed to time is too big or EonTimer lands me wrong.
If you aren't able to hit it, then you'll need to find a seed with a higher delay instead.

When choosing an ID/SID combination for making a spread shiny, using the Cute Charm method and not the Synchronize one, choosing a PID from the Male Lead list implies more possibilities of shinies, because it covers all the Female Ratios, right ? So it should be wiser to choose a Male Lead PID, right ?

But does that mean that the wild encounters are all gonna be females ?

I'm asking that because I don't like female pokemons.

By choosing a PID from one of the Female Lead lists, I can only capture wild male pokemon who have a specific gender ratio, right ?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
CC female yields male wild encounters.

Note that outside of Heatran the CC spreads do not apply to stationary legends.

Hi, I am new to the RNG manipulation, and I am trying to catch a near perfect Gastly in Pokemon Platinum, using DesMUME emulator.
I have trouble hitting the right delay times. I was wondering if someone could point to a post which details on how to RNG manipulate using DesMUME?

For the record, The ideal time is July 26th at 1.54:30.
my target delay is 2082, and target seconds is 30 (using Eon Timer), and 11 frame advancements.
Is 2082 the time between starting pokemon platinum and pressing A to begin the game? i.e. 2082/60=34.7 seconds. Also am I aiming to press A at exactly 1.54:30 when the game starts?

Thanks heaps!

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Sweet Scent has nothing to do with whether your hit your delay. One other thing that might be causing your problem is that it doesn't work on the entrance tile for a cave, so make sure you step away from the entrance first.

@Misdreavus & voodoo pimp: I am using diamond and is about 15 steps inside the cave of victory road (the bridge). I saved the game at the location so I don't need to move once I am in the game.
Could it be that I have to move my character before using sweet scent?

Sweet scent work under caves and no weather locations, only you need enter to cave and use sweet scent. You don't need move after. Sweet scent works immediatelly

Has anyone here successfully used the Frontier Pass battle video as an aid in abusing the Emerald RNG, or is that not fully understood yet?

Hi, I am new to the RNG manipulation, and I am trying to catch a near perfect Gastly in Pokemon Platinum, using DesMUME emulator.
I have trouble hitting the right delay times. I was wondering if someone could point to a post which details on how to RNG manipulate using DesMUME?

For the record, The ideal time is July 26th at 1.54:30.
my target delay is 2082, and target seconds is 30 (using Eon Timer), and 11 frame advancements.
Is 2082 the time between starting pokemon platinum and pressing A to begin the game? i.e. 2082/60=34.7 seconds. Also am I aiming to press A at exactly 1.54:30 when the game starts?

Thanks heaps!
*bump*

When I use Pandora's Box for ID/SID abuse, when I want to check if I hit the delay, I do what the guide says to do, so I put the ID that I obtained into the third part of Pandora's Box "Seed Finder", I enter the date (year, month, day) and time (hours, minutes), but when I click on "Find compatible Seeds", nothing is found.

The delay I wanna hit is 7195. The seed for "Seed to Time" window is 5C0F1C27, because I chose the PID 6937DA48 which is a full 31 Modest spread.

I chose the date 07/07/2012, 15:23:20 (I put 20 seconds so the first timer of EonTimer doesn't last too long, it's boring).

I try to hit the delay (7195), using EonTimer. I press A when the first timer ends on the game launching screen, then A again at the screen where the professor says "see you later".

What went wrong ?

Do I have to change something in EonTimer ? I put the "Calibrated Delay" at 490 as I always do. (I'm on SoulSilver by the way). And the calibrated seconds on 14.

Maybe the problem is with Pandora's Box ? When I wanna check what delay I hit using "Seed Finder", I press the "Find Compatible Seeds" button. Is it the right one to press ? I also saw on a screenshot from the guide that on the top right of Pandora's Box there is something like "Simple Seed to ID/SID Calculator", with a seed field and a "Go" button. On the screenshot, there is a seed typed in that field, do I have to do the same ?

EDIT : I've repeated the operation, and now Pandora's Box finds a delay which is not very close from my target delay. I aim for 7195 and my target seconds are 20, but Pandora's Box tells me I've hit 7267 BUT THE WEIRD THING is that the seconds that comes with this delay are 53 !!! And not 20 as I aim ! I repeated again and same thing : i've hit a delay of something like 7055 but with 23 seconds instead of 20.

What should I do ?

By the way, I'm using version 9.96 of RNG Reporter and some people told me it was an alpha version and that the 4th Gen Pandora's Box of that version may be buggy. Maybe the problem is related to that ?

Why +3 seconds ? Is it always +3 or you saying that because of the results I got ?

And also, if I add +3 on the target seconds in EonTimer, I have to add +3 on Seed to Time window too, right ?

I tried again with the +3 sec, and there is something strange : when I entered the ID that I got in order to verify which delay I hit, I obtained 2 results, and one of the two is the delay I aim for BUT WITHOUT it being the good ID !!

The other one is another delay.

So what I do now ? I hit my delay but it's not the ID I want !

Look, I took a screenshot, please tell me what's wrong there ?

http://www.hapshack.com/?v=s6Xpg.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 25)