Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Each roamer advances the frame by one, so the actual starting frame would be 4.check if the ivs you got match the one's from frame 73.

Hmm, i'm going to try, thanks !!
About the frame 73... I don't have the pokemons and the IVs anymore, but i'll repeat what i did and check. And i remember checking the IV's and it said it didn't recognized the IVs...

So now i did with the starting frame being 4, meaning i have to do 43 journal flips and i need to turn/walk on the grass, and it should be frame 91. However, it wasn't again... I'm going to check what frame was, because i just realized i've been checking frames the wrong way... lol

Edit: I changed the seed, i did the frame advances and i got fram 83... Target frame was 43... Did 19 journal flips and 1 turn... I was assuming the starting frame was 4

I triying search my initial seed on FR/LF to match with my desire spread, but I don't know how to find it. I sucess on some rng's on FR/LF with my starters but i choose a random initial seed and another shiny spread that i could use with the initial random seed.

I want to RNG a Scyther on Rt. 215 in Platinum. Does the constant rain advance the RNG? I think I read somewhere that Coin Flip doesn't work in the rain, so I wouldn't be able to check my seed...

I want to RNG a Scyther on Rt. 215 in Platinum. Does the constant rain advance the RNG? I think I read somewhere that Coin Flip doesn't work in the rain, so I wouldn't be able to check my seed...
why not rng scyther on the route north of solaceon town? there's no rain there, albeit you need to find a seed that occurs in the morning.

check encounter slot for details.

You still can check your seed, if you play on retail cart only you need catch some pokemon, put the info of your pokemon on the rng, find seed by stats. Also in some weather locations need use a pokeradar. first look how many patch show the grass, distribution etc after catch a pokemon and check your seed; notice that in your target seed the way it shows the patch will always be the same. Once you identify the patch that corresponds to your seed. reset until you hit your seed/patches and advance the frame.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
You can use Chatter pitches from Chatot to determine your seed as well. Simply enter your seed in the main window using the proper method and stuff and follow the chatter pitch pattern. NPCs in the area may make you not start from the first frame of course.

hmm okay thanks guys. From the sounds of it, I should probably just do my RNG in the part of Rt. 210 directly north of Solaceon town.
np. you should look for a seed that occurs in the morning iirc (check encounter slots for scyther), and remember to rebattle the jogger and the female pokemon breeder to remove unnecessary advancements. good luck

Can anyone suggest a challenging but not possible set up? I'm learning RNG abuse on Saphire with a dead internal battery, and found the one example poke I could find a bit too easy, so I thought it would be best to ask for an assignment to practice on lol thanks!

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Do live battery then.

I would say R/S eggs w/ PID abuse but RNG reporter doesn't do it correctly... Although Emerald egg PID abuse works fine.

Hello, I just got into RNG in 4th generation today (my platinum), and I'm doing with the help of "Wonder Card Helper" by picking up a shiny raikou from the event.

I've been trying and I seem to get my frame and time right, what I can't do is delay :/

Seed: 2A0C029F
Delay: 659
Frame: 513
Date and Time: 02/10/2012 12:02:20

The best I've got was:
Frame 513 (exact)
Delay: 646 (off by 13)
Time: :20 (exact)

Is there any way to make the delay hit the desired one quicker? Frames are not a problem, I can manipulate it very well, so is time, but delay has been a trouble now, can't seem to get it right, also every time I'm hitting even numbers, is there a way to change it to odds? (cause i'm aiming for 659)

513 frame is rather extreme. Perhaps you should look at my guide to see if it can clear up some things for you.
I know it's "extreme" I got 2 pages with "caught" pokemon and no roamers so it just takes me 256 flips to reach my frame, it is tedious though.

That seed has the IV for HP Ice 70: 31/30/30/31/31/31

Are there any other seed that has less frames and maybe an easier delay to hit? I was looking at your guide (very good btw) earlier but I couldn't find a part to look for easy spreads D:

No I'm not using EonTimer, just Wonder Card Helper, I'd wish to look for a different seed with the same IV's just to pick up the pokemon :/

Where do I find eontimer and how does it work¿

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm not familiar with Wonder Card Helper, but you can download EonTimer here - basically, you put in your target delay/seconds, start it when you change the time on your DS clock, start your game from the main menu or SR when the first timer ends, and Continue when the second timer ends. Then, if you missed your target delay, put it in the bottom field and hit Update and it'll adjust your calibrated delay for you. It also makes it possible to hit much higher delays (I've gone up to about 20,000 on 4th gen games) with just as much accuracy.

Oh thank you very much, I'm not familiar yet with this but I'm guessing it's the tool under "4" tab, Let's see if it works, thanks :)

EDIT: Well using EonTimer v1.6 + Wonder Card Helper has gotten me into hitting 660 delay, which is 1 after mine (659) again, I need to change my delay into odds :/

EDIT 2: LOL Okay, changed to odds by plugin in my emerald, and I've landed in my exact delay and time but messed up the frames twice, ughhhhhhhh

Yeah I did, right when the npc stepped (there's only 1 wanderer), these were my own mess up t_t *cries infinitely* been landing a lot in 661 and 663 now xD

Edit: YAY I DID IT. Pretty happy right now, first time attempting to RNG and it's been successful so far, now to move on to all of my wondercards left xD.

hello!
I've managed to RNG a great pokemon thanks to you guys. Now I've run into a problem:
I can't get the right number of frame advancements after hitting the delay :(:(

Here's the situation:
I'm trying to get a jolly gible at the Secret Entrance of Wayward Cave. Found seed 76040523, with 2765 target delay.
I've managed to hit the delay & the right seed, BUT, no matter what I do I couldn't get gible on frame 47!
After many retries, I managed to get Bronzor at frame 46 and geodude at frame 48, but can't hit frame 47! Tried journal flipping, walking, turning, no luck

Has anyone else encountered this issue before?

hello!
I've managed to RNG a great pokemon thanks to you guys. Now I've run into a problem:
I can't get the right number of frame advancements after hitting the delay :(:(

Here's the situation:
I'm trying to get a jolly gible at the Secret Entrance of Wayward Cave. Found seed 76040523, with 2765 target delay.
I've managed to hit the delay & the right seed, BUT, no matter what I do I couldn't get gible on frame 47!
After many retries, I managed to get Bronzor at frame 46 and geodude at frame 48, but can't hit frame 47! Tried journal flipping, walking, turning, no luck

Has anyone else encountered this issue before?
Check your encounter slot for this frame, make sure that gible is on frame 47.

thanks for the quick reply. According to rng reporter, frame 47 = slot 6.
Smogon wncounter table for platinum wayward cave shows that slot 6 is gible (i assume encounter slots begin at 0 and goes up to 11

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Sounds like you're having trouble advancing a single frame. If you view the summary page of a Chatot with a custom Chatter that advances the RNG by 1 frame. You can "flip" between two Chatots like you would with journal pages.

Additionally the pitch of the chatter can determine your current frame. Just follow the pattern of chatter cries.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)