Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

You can KO lugia and come back after defeating the e4
Just when I was about to do that I hit my seed. :)

If you have a good ear, you can also use Chatot pitches to verify your seed (and advance the frame), which works anywhere in the game.
My RNG party always consists of 2 Chatots. I've learned the difference in pitches since I do most of my RNGing in Gen V, where its the only form of seed verification.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Hey guys, I got into RNGing yesterday, and already had success with hatching two shiny eggs on my Heartgold version. Now that I got that, I wanted to try catching a wild male Magikarp with decent IVs and an Adamant nature, so I looked up a Seed and got the one I highlighted here: http://i.imgur.com/F3Mlo.jpg?1

I went into Mt.Silver, right infront of a Water patch where I would use my Old Rod, to make sure no NPC's are screwing up my frame, saved, and started resetting for my seed. This worked pretty well, and I already hit my seed at the third time. (I'm using Entei and Raikou for verification, Latias is currently dead.)
So now, my problem begins: I put my Seed in the main window of RNG Reporter, and got this out of it: http://i.imgur.com/X7Uvk.jpg?1

This shows to me that my desired Pokemon is on Frame 6, right? My starting Frame is 3, because I have two active roamers, so in my first try I used the Chatot journal page (I have two in my team, with a pre recorded sound) 3 times, to get to frame 6, then I used the Old Rod. What I got was a female Magikarp which certainly is not mine, so I tried again. I hit my seed and this time used Irvine calls for frame advancing, ending up with the same result, a female Magikarp.

So basically my question now is: What am I doing wrong? Does the RNG Reporter take into account, that fishing advances the frame, like it does with sweet scent? Does fishing even advance the frame, and if it does, by how much? Or the really short version: Which frame do I have to go to, before using the Old Rod?

Any help with my problem would be appreciated.

Edit: Forgot to add, that I also had a Adamant Natu with synch at the top of my Party, so that's not the problem.
Sweet scent does not advance the frame, but fishing does. Try again, but this time fish when you're on frame 3.

Sweet scent does not advance the frame, but fishing does. Try again, but this time fish when you're on frame 3.
Thanks for the reply. I tried again, hit my seed, then immidiately used the Rod, (I'm starting on frame 3) and the result was "Not even a nibble" :(

IIRC
Sweet scent on grass n caves advance the frame by two
1 for ss and 1 for the monster frame

Sweet scent in water is 3
Fishing advance the frame by 4

Also IIRC some of the fishing frames in 4th gen are incorrect.

I will recomment later when I'm on my laptop

Edit
Link to the chart (Method J and K the samething, just J for DPPT and K for HGSS)

Edit, problem are you landing on frame 10 with the roaming method?

Quick questions regarding Mesprit in Platinum: does it revive when I kill it and then afterwards I beat the Elite Four? If so, then are its IV's decided when I release it from its cave?

I'm following this guide to RNG the ID/SID in my Soul Silver game, but I'm having some problems.

This is what I'm doing:

- I search for a PID with the desired IV spread and natures.

- I pick a PID (4F0ACF77) and search for a seed with an ID/SID combo that will make my spread shiny, then I pick one (780F13A9)

- I paste the seed in the seed to times window

- I set the DS clock and eontimer according to the time I got in the seed to times window.

However, when I start the game and input the ID I got, I don't get any result ,or if I get one, it's not a delay related to the seed I got in Pandora's box. I've succesfully RNG'ed some Pokémon in this game before with no problem :/
What am I doing wrong?

Heres A mistake
In eontimer, unless this was a posting mistake, you have a target sec of 27 when it should be 30.
Try again with the correct second

Edit you should get a pretimer of 60.45 instead of 57.45
Also make sure the eontimer is in DS mode

But the guide says:
If using HGSS:
When setting up EonTimer, set your target seconds to 3 less than the time shown in Seed to Time. In our example we are going for 15:59:30, so the target seconds would be 30 normally. In EonTimer, input 27 for the Target Seconds.
I've also tried with 30 seconds and still can't get the right results :/

What is the id/sid you are going for?

Just a side note
I have 9.96.5beta, eontimer v1.6 and and old reporter 9.75

I think the newer panadora might be buggy, but I need more data

Edit: did you
1. hit a delay of 5033 and second 0 when you input 30 in eontimer?
2. Adjust the calibrated sec to 13 (just once?)

i have rnged successfully my id on 9.96 beta...some of them are bugged...if you have a 9.95 i would highly suggest to not use that its bugged...when you hit the A button make sure its on the exactly on the beat of the eon timer or it will be off...are using the eon timer at all?

I believe Eeveelover is dead right
When I input your result in 9.75 and 9.96.5
You either hit a delay of 5194 with a target second of 30
or
" " 5487 " " 48
you might wanna get updates to all software

Yeah I'll try with the updates, because currently I don't get any results when I input 30 as the target seconds or 13 as the calibrated seconds :/.

thank you so much for your help :)

Yeah I'll try with the updates, because currently I don't get any results when I input 30 as the target seconds or 13 as the calibrated seconds :/.

thank you so much for your help :)
no problem and it also depends on the game for the game for the target seconds...make sure the target seconds is 27 instead of the 30 for hg and ss games...

Alright, so I'm trying to RNG a Munchlax in Platinum and despite doing everything right, I'm clearly not doing something right. I have RNGed the Honey Trees a few times already so I know what I am doing and I have the process down, But Munchlax just doesn't seem to work.

My SID is 18306
My TID is 7777

I went through the conversions to find my Munchlax trees and I got:

QQ = 47
RR = 82
SS = 1E
TT = 61

WW = 8 = Route 211
XX = 4 = Route 208
YY = 9 = Route 212 West
ZZ = D = Route 215

So I checked the list of NPC free areas and settled on route 208 as my Munchlax tree. I went to Route 208, stopped the 4 NPCs with the Vs. Seeker, and then proceeded to RNG. The seed I used to get the method 1 PIDs was 5816044B (I'll include screen caps of my setup at the end) and from there I started to weed through the PIDs until I came to one that would give me 0 when divided by 656 in decimal. The first PID I tried was on frame 182 and the last 4 PID digits in hex were 003D. Convert this to decimal, divide by 656 and you get 0. So I advance to frame 181, slather, wait, and I get a Cherubi. I tried the same frame a few more times and kept getting Cherubi. So I decide to try another frame, this time frame 353. The last 4 digits of the PID are 0224 in hex which when converted to decimal and divided by 656 gives you 0. So I hit the same seed, advance to frame 352, slather, wait, and I get another Cherubi. So just for the hell of things, I figure I'll try yet another PID. This time I find a suitable PID on frame 387, which has a PID with the last 4 digits as 0075. I hit the seed, slather, wait, and get another god damn cherry.

Every time I use a PID that should yield a Munchlax I seem to get a Cherubi and I have no clue what part of the process is going wrong.

IMG tags didn't seem to work, sorry, so hopefully the links work instead.

Time Finder showing setup and highlighted seed used
http://imageshack.us/f/266/timefinder.jpg/

Try 1 with main window setup displayed and PID used highlighted
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/195/mainwindowtry1.jpg/

Try 2 with PID used highlighted
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/203/mainwindowtry2.jpg/

Try 3 with PID used highlighted
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/341/mainwindowtry3.jpg/

EDIT: My issue was that I kept trying to slather the same tree. Turns out, after a failed attempt, if you slather the same tree right away, it will mess things up and your results will be off. I now have my Munchlax.

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
Just letting you guys know that I abused by Diamond TID in 1.95.5 just fine.

Hello. How do you check FRLG seeds by catching a pokemon and checking its IVs? I know RNGReporter has the seed finder from IVs for 4th gen, but how do I do this for FRLG? (I believe it is Method H-2, as I am in Victory Road) Thanks
Get it and check its exact IVs. I don't think the IVs to PID/Seed works for H-2, so try receiving a Game Corner Pokemon (which is Method 1 instead of Victory Road's H-2) and Rare Candying it to determine IVs. After that, punch the seed into the main window for Method 1 (assuming you're RNGing legendaries). Note that with this method, the frames start from the moment you received the Pokemon, not first boot.

Don't Newbz suck?

I think I'm slowly starting to understand how all this works, but I'm still pretty dumbfounded. I was lucky with Soft Reset on HG towards shiny Totodile and shiny Chikorita. I've been SR-ing for Cyndaquil while trying to figure out how all this RNG works to get proper Nature. I have RNG reporter 8.31 AND 9.96 and been using 8.31 to find seeds and using the seeds from 8.31 to find times and frames in 9.96. If I could get a small "idiot-proof" tutorial, I have ID/SID, Date/Time when game intro finished (end of Delay), PM me anytime. I'll be SR-ing HG while breeding on B2.

HeartGold:
ID - 02730
SID - 23420
**EDIT SID - 20716**
Date - M01 D06 Y2013
Hour - 22
Minute - 25
Delay - Have no f**king idea, so I put basic 1000min/5000max

*or use this for quick reference to start - Simple Seed to ID/SID calculator Seed(Hex): 59160A90*
** EDIT: 3C160AB1**
^^ Is used in Version 8.31 with Pandora's Box ^^

As I've mentioned, I'm starting to understand what some things are to be, but most of it is upon where to find what frames I'm on, how to advance frame rate as this is a complete fresh new game (with 623 SR and counting) and maybe some simultaneous timing.

Yes I have read the first ten pages and some others here and there in this thread, my mind is still trying to comprehend. Any help is greatly appreciated. ^-^

Wild RNG

Continuing my adventure into 4th gen abuse, I'm looking to RNG a wild Scyther in National Park. I would assume that Chatot pitches work exactly the same in 4th gen as they do in 5th gen when doing wild RNG (correct me if I am wrong). I checked on Bulbapedia and the only place to find wild Scythers in Soulsilver is National Park during the Bug Catching Contest (which would mean that I have to be entered into the bug catching contest). When I pulled up the Soulsilver encounter table, there are no slots for National Park during the bug catching contest :(.

Does anyone know where I can find the encounter slot table for the bug catching contest? And I have a feeling I know the answer to this question, but if I enter the Bug Catching Contest, changing the date isn't going to mess anything up right?

I think I'm slowly starting to understand how all this works, but I'm still pretty dumbfounded. I was lucky with Soft Reset on HG towards shiny Totodile and shiny Chikorita. I've been SR-ing for Cyndaquil while trying to figure out how all this RNG works to get proper Nature. I have RNG reporter 8.31 AND 9.96 and been using 8.31 to find seeds and using the seeds from 8.31 to find times and frames in 9.96. If I could get a small "idiot-proof" tutorial, I have ID/SID, Date/Time when game intro finished (end of Delay), PM me anytime. I'll be SR-ing HG while breeding on B2.

HeartGold:
ID - 02730
SID - 23420
**EDIT SID - 20716**
Date - M01 D06 Y2013
Hour - 22
Minute - 25
Delay - Have no f**king idea, so I put basic 1000min/5000max

*or use this for quick reference to start - Simple Seed to ID/SID calculator Seed(Hex): 59160A90*
** EDIT: 3C160AB1**
^^ Is used in Version 8.31 with Pandora's Box ^^

As I've mentioned, I'm starting to understand what some things are to be, but most of it is upon where to find what frames I'm on, how to advance frame rate as this is a complete fresh new game (with 623 SR and counting) and maybe some simultaneous timing.

Yes I have read the first ten pages and some others here and there in this thread, my mind is still trying to comprehend. Any help is greatly appreciated. ^-^
RNGing so early on in the game is probably not a good idea for someone who just started to RNG. If you want to RNG a starter you pretty much have to know how to hit your delay and then pray to god (pick one) the frame advancements are right. Basically on retail this means it is all guess work as there is no way to verify your seed and no way to control the frames. I would put off trying to RNG until you can at least get a few chatots and Juggler Irwin's phone number. A few released roamers are always nice to in HG/SS, but that is really a matter of preference and not necessary.

Continuing my adventure into 4th gen abuse, I'm looking to RNG a wild Scyther in National Park. I would assume that Chatot pitches work exactly the same in 4th gen as they do in 5th gen when doing wild RNG (correct me if I am wrong). I checked on Bulbapedia and the only place to find wild Scythers in Soulsilver is National Park during the Bug Catching Contest (which would mean that I have to be entered into the bug catching contest). When I pulled up the Soulsilver encounter table, there are no slots for National Park during the bug catching contest :(.

Does anyone know where I can find the encounter slot table for the bug catching contest? And I have a feeling I know the answer to this question, but if I enter the Bug Catching Contest, changing the date isn't going to mess anything up right?
Bug Catching Contest abuse is a bit tricky from what I hear. Since you can only bring one pokemon with you into the contest you either have to do with random encounters or no sync. If you bring a sweet scenter you don't have your sync and if you bring your sync you don't have a sweet scenter. As far as changing the date to RNG, I don't think that is an issue (you can save inside the contest right? It has been awhile since I actually did the contest.) but even if it is, delay based RNGing gives you plenty of options for the date that you can easily find a delay on one of the dates of the contest.

As for the encounter tables, I'm afraid I have never tried this type of abuse personally so I don't have them on hand, but I know others have done this successfully before (I hear a hacked sync with sweet scent is always helpful) so the tables should be out there somewhere

Hey all haven't been here in awhile, just popping in to ask if the Eruption Heatran can be RNG'd. If so does anyone know someone who did a quiet 0 iv speed one that has it available either through pokecheck or for trade. Just let me know and hopefully ill be able to get back into this eventually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)