Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by mingot, Mar 16, 2009.
Try using this for Chatter.
Your math is incorrect. The frame advances do not add up to the correct number. I suggest rereading the section on calculating frame advances and just using Chatot. And after changing the date enter your game and save before doing the manipulation so the journal doesn't interfere.
Also, assuming you did nothing else, you will still be on frame 1 after 10 coin flips.
Thank you both very much, Hozu and Everstone. :) My soulsilver arrived today and I RNG'd my trainer ID; I hope to get started on RNGing my team soon so I can restart it with them. I'm starting to get the hang of hitting my delays; I was rather put-off by RNGing for a while because it felt very number-heavy to me, but it actually isn't all that bad once you get down to it.
Math has never been a strong suit of mine, hehe. So I can understand my math being wrong. I'll fix my journal and get a couple chatots; its about time I try using them! n n
I have a question-
How can I RNG my ID/SID in Emerald for this spread:
307114 85:18.56 62E7D15A Adamant 0 31 30 31 9 30 31
I had RNG'd this spread on my Ruby, but it doesn't work when I tried it.
You guys are probably sick of me by now. :x However, I have a couple more questions (yay).
I'll number them so I don't start going on and on...
1. I keep getting delays that are even or odd, but never what I need. I do put my sapphire cartridge in, but it will change the delay for perhaps a reset or two before it goes back to the opposing odd or even. Is there a particular time I should insert the cartridge? Start screen, 'continue screen', in-game, etc? I've hit the delay right after the one I need several times, it is kind of... Annoying. So close. :(
2. For some bizarre reason, I cannot get females in these shiny egg spreads. I let my RNG reporter try to generate spreads for frame 500~1500 but I did not get a single returned female result for all of those. The only ones allowing females (and few of those) was 75% female column. All others on EVERY spread was male. Is this some sort of glitch or do I just have horribly bad luck? Should I try a new seed? The problem here is that my SS version is only to Goldenrod. Would catching a low level poke and then putting it on Pokecheck to see its IVs work just as well?
3. I am using EonTimer to do my delays. I am just wondering, when is it appropriate to hit the A button? As close as possible to 0 or is there a set time after the final "beep" that is a good rule of thumb? (As in, as the beep begins, right after it ends, etc)
I'm sorry if I'm getting annoying, I'm just having some trouble with this. D: I thought I had it down pat, and now it seems as if I don't. ; n ;
1) just leave the cart in the whole time to change from odd to even of vice versa, or you can change the year so move the delat on the spread by 1
2) not sure on this one.
3) sty to hit it as close to 0 as possible, if your using the default settings turn the sound on your pc on and you press as as the 6th beep sounds and you will hit your delay.
It is impossible to RNG the TID on Emerald even on an emulator. The game re-seeds the PRNG with the same method used by FR/LG and the first value is used as the TID.
At this stage it might be better to go on irc to right the ship...
Thank you, Philderbeast. :) Does changing the year keep it consistently odd or even? I'm not sure why my sapphire cartridge isn't doing the job. I'll try changing the year, hopefully I will see some improvement!
Which IRC are you referring to, Everstone? Sorry if that wasn't referred to me.
With the amount of ?s you have, it's better to ask somebody in real time for a faster reply, so just get on a channel that has someone who can answer your ?s, which should be virtually any smogon related channel on synirc.net.
Thank you, Everstone. n n I'm sorry that I ask so many questions, I'm just trying to get the hang of RNGing. ^ ^; You all have been a great help - I truly appreciate it!
With Professor Elm's starters in HG/SS, how does one advance the frame? Do they just have to select a frame directly ahead of the starte in question?
There is no real way to advance the frame. You have to choose a spread that either has frame 1 (Chikorita), 5 (Cyndaquil) or 9 (Totodile). The only other way to do it is on a emulator with memory viewer open and by using savestates and by getting the npcs to move around in Newbark town but it's very tedious and time consuming.
Hopefully this helps you out a bit :)
Is it true that the new RNG Reporter supports RS with non-dried battery? I haven't had a chance to download it, so I'm curious to know if that's the case.
Yes. Just not a way to find the current date/time stored on the RTC.
Oh well. Is there any kind of documentation about it?
Here's the seeding function. The RTC starts at Jan 1 2000 at midnight when the RTC first receives power. It receives power when the game is powered on (I think after the GAME BOY splash screen).
In Pokemon Ruby, when is the spread selected for Groudon?
Is it like when I press A for the last time to initiate the battle?
how do you use this on black 2?
If you want help on Black 2, you should check out the 5th gen help thread.
As with all stationary pkmn, the spread or frame is selected when the battle starts. Somewhere in a post by Hozu, Hozu stated that the once the animation start until the battle beings, approx 256 frames will have passed.
Steps you need to take
1. Save one step from Groudon to where the animation will start when you move to the left once.
2. Find a spread and us eontimer.
3. Start the timer and move once.
*Note the game will say "This blue/red orb being to glow."
4. Once your timer hit zero hit A to exit the "orb message, which will being the animation."
5. Capture Groudon, update the timer based on what spread you hit and raise and repeat until you get the pokemon.
The on-site R/S guide has frame times for Groudon.
Thanks you two.
I tried it on an Emulator and it seems that the spread is selected after I press A when the message comes- "Player's Red/Blue Orb began to glow"
How much easier is it to decipher the pitches using something like this?
For that matter, are deciphering Chatter pitches only really useful in 4th gen for keeping track of frame advancements in D/P/Pt, or possibly for verifying seeds in areas with NPCs in those games? Without NPCs, it seems like verifying your seed with the Coin Flip app would be easier (and even if there are NPCs, unless your target frame is very low, you can use Chatter pitches to keep track of the frames that they advanced while you flipped the coins, which you can keep to a minimum by repeatedly opening and closing the menu during flips), and in HG/SS, you can verify your seed easily with the PokéGear (with no chance for NPCs to move in the process), and can also use it to keep track of frame advancements.