Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

After some success RNGing a few legends and 3 or so eggs, I decided to go to my Diamond game to RNG Heatran. I was fiddling around with the Time Finder and I actually found a spread that was shiny, with 18/24/31/31/31/31 for IVs and a Modest nature. I used a Modest Synchronizer and had two Chatots with Chatter (I did record a custom one, but they both somehow use the same sound- I don't know if this is an issue or not).I hit my delay, which was 2008, and verified using the coin flip app. Finally, I advanced the frame (by switching between the Chatots summaries) to 149 which was one before my target. I engaged Heatran in battle (but it wasn't shiny!) and caught it. It had the exact IVs as were listed, but it didn't appear as a shiny.
Does anyone know what is going on? Did I do something wrong?

PS It's probably worth mentioning that I don't know my SID, as I was never able to figure it out.

What is the difference between RNGing on a retail cart and on emulator? I want to try 3rd Gen abuse on emulator but can't find any guides.
From what I can tell RNGing on Emulators can be easier and more convenient. I'm assuming their aren't many guides because the whole point is to be able to do this legitimately on a retail cart. However if I remember correctly I believe 'Kaphotics' (sorry if I botched the name) made a guide for RNGing on an emulator. Don't quote me on that I just have a distinct memory of seeing something like that.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I believe 'Kaphotics' (sorry if I botched the name) made a guide for RNGing on an emulator.
It was only for gen 4 and isn't hosted by Smogon.

There aren't many guides because the whole point is to be able to do this legitimately on a retail cart.
Yup. RNG is pathetically easy on any gen but gen 3, plus Smogon kinda discourages emulator-related talk.

There are some gen3 emulator abuse inside the user-group for gen 3 RNG.

Is there any way of deducing one's SID without a shiny pokemon?
Pokecheck.org ; connect to their private GTS and upload&view it on their website. It'll display the SID.

Eyedol

the artist formerly known as xAtrocity
Is there any information on RNGing extralink pokemon in black2/white2?
C-Gear seeding is gone so Entralink Pokémon are generated by the standard seed. The starting frame for that is 25, so do a standard seed search for IV frames 25-31 (currently the quick search for IV frames 25-30 returns frame 8 results). The PID is the same as in Black and White, meaning that the PIDRNG is being advanced by the C-Gear while the light on your DS is flashing. If you enter the standard seed in the main window of Reporter using Gen 5 PIDRNG with the Entralink method, you can use a stopwatch to help you hit the nature you're looking for. The PIDs listed are slightly off so the characteristics are incorrect. v_v

Next time please ask in the 5th gen RNG help thread. Good luck! ^_^

What would be the best way to RNG the Togepi egg cynthia gives you in DPP? I wouldn't even know how to verify my seed without the coin flip app.

It's for novelty sake.

If you can get a couple of Chatot, they work just as well as in Gen 5.
That shouldn't be too hard since someone in Eterna trades you a Chatot for a Buizel if I remember correctly :)

Would I just use the pitches as my way of verifying my seed?

Also I should say it's safe to assume that there are quite a bit of wondering NPC's and should aim for a higher than normal frame?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
That shouldn't be too hard since someone in Eterna trades you a Chatot for a Buizel if I remember correctly :)

Would I just use the pitches as my way of verifying my seed?

Also I should say it's safe to assume that there are quite a bit of wondering NPC's and should aim for a higher than normal frame?
Right. It'll be hard to see what you hit if you miss your target, but assuming you've done other RNGs previously and already know your calibrated delay that shouldn't be too big a deal.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Got a question about Chained Shiny abusing. I am searching for a seed, but which method do I use? I know I need a frame of around 700, and I use my ID/SID, but I do not check the Shiny Only box.

Buckert

If I want to RNG abuse a Porygon in Pearl, using Chained Shiny Theoretical, I have to go to the Trophy Garden. Do I need to talk to that dude, and keep switching days until he says Porygon? And if I go into the grass after that, and I save, change date for RNG abusing, will it still be Porygon?

Edit:

I'm searching for a seed now. I want the Porygon to be Bold, Ability 0 and 31/x/31/31/31/31. The best I can find is 31/29/31/30/31/31. Should I be OK with that, or am I doing something wrong?

It should be Shiny, and I haven't abused my ID/SID.

If I want to RNG abuse a Porygon in Pearl, using Chained Shiny Theoretical, I have to go to the Trophy Garden. Do I need to talk to that dude, and keep switching days until he says Porygon? And if I go into the grass after that, and I save, change date for RNG abusing, will it still be Porygon?

Edit:

I'm searching for a seed now. I want the Porygon to be Bold, Ability 0 and 31/x/31/31/31/31. The best I can find is 31/29/31/30/31/31. Should I be OK with that, or am I doing something wrong?
You could use this seed, no chaining required.
Seed: A20F03BB
Ability 0 and Bold 31/17/31/31/31/31

Did not know you wanted it shiny.

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!

Edit:

It should be Shiny, and I haven't abused my ID/SID.
That is a fantastic frame to have, TID abuse or not.

Just to be clear, you actually know what your real SID is? If you left it at 0, it won't actually be Shiny.

Buckert

That is a fantastic frame to have, TID abuse or not.

Just to be clear, you actually know what your real SID is? If you left it at 0, it won't actually be Shiny.
Yes I know my SID. Hatched a few shiny eggs on my Pearl, abused by other people.

Started a new game on my Platinum so I'm a bit rusty.

Does the Distortion World Giratina re-spawn if I defeat it an then just beat the Elite Four to make it appear in Turnback Cave?

Also what would be the 'easier' method of obtaining (Through RNG) Giratina either DW or TC?

Eyedol

the artist formerly known as xAtrocity
Started a new game on my Platinum so I'm a bit rusty.

Does the Distortion World Giratina re-spawn if I defeat it an then just beat the Elite Four to make it appear in Turnback Cave?

Also what would be the 'easier' method of obtaining (Through RNG) Giratina either DW or TC?
It would respawn in Turnback Cave.

Since opening and closing something like the party menu advances 11 frames in the Distortion World, it would be easier to advance to high frames there. Remember that just loading your save puts you 11 frames ahead, plus closing your journal/party menu would advance another 11 frames.

I need some help with HG RNG abuse. I've done it before, but I'm stuck again.

I'm currently saved in-front of Rayquaza and I'm trying to use Elm/Irwin to verify my seed. For the record, all the roamers have been killed or caught.

Anyway, so after attempting to hit my delay, I keep calling Elm/Irwin and put the call responses into the "Search Calls function" until I have one result left. I click OK and it takes me back to the "Seed to Time" window, but it does not show me the result I hit. I've expanded my search results and called Elm/Irwin a few more times to narrow the results down, but no search result is highlighted.

What am I doing wrong?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I need some help with HG RNG abuse. I've done it before, but I'm stuck again.

I'm currently saved in-front of Rayquaza and I'm trying to use Elm/Irwin to verify my seed. For the record, all the roamers have been killed or caught.

Anyway, so after attempting to hit my delay, I keep calling Elm/Irwin and put the call responses into the "Search Calls function" until I have one result left. I click OK and it takes me back to the "Seed to Time" window, but it does not show me the result I hit. I've expanded my search results and called Elm/Irwin a few more times to narrow the results down, but no search result is highlighted.

What am I doing wrong?
Screenshots of everything you can please.

EDIT2: Got it now, I think. I'll give a description of each. I'll put them in hide tags because they are huge.

This is the seed and delay I am aiming for, both are highlighted.

After using Eontimer to attempt to hit my delay, I called Irwin until I had 1 possible result left, with the follow responses.

After that I pressed OK and expected to have a search result highlighted. However, it did not. I looked at those seeds and the call responses didn't appear to match with any of those results.

Is this enough information? I can post more screenshots if need be.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Make that last call and see if you still have that one possible result. I think that you didn't get any results because you clicked okay without making all the nine calls, but that's just what I think. You did not hit your delay btw, just in case you were wondering. But yea, next time do all the nine calls and then click okay. that should work.

EDIT: Looks like the reporter has changed a bit since I last used it, but it is working how you said it should work for me. It even highlighted more than ten possible seeds for me. I'll try to ask around and see if someone else can help you with this. My apologies.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
If you're having trouble figuring out your seed try capturing it and use the Find seed by IVs/IV range tool. That would be a lot more accurate than calling Elm. Of course you'll have to verify by Elm for when you actually want to RNG it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)