Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Make that last call and see if you still have that one possible result. I think that you didn't get any results because you clicked okay without making all the nine calls, but that's just what I think. You did not hit your delay btw, just in case you were wondering. But yea, next time do all the nine calls and then click okay. that should work.

EDIT: Looks like the reporter has changed a bit since I last used it, but it is working how you said it should work for me. It even highlighted more than ten possible seeds for me. I'll try to ask around and see if someone else can help you with this. My apologies.
Would it perhaps be a better idea to "downgrade" back to 9.95 for HG/SS RNG?

I'm attempting to RNG a Horsea for a breeding chain to get DD Tyranitar. As I am Surfing, the guide says the beginning frame is 3. Do you take roamers into account as well? (I have Raikou and Latios currently roaming)
Which would be... 3+2=5 for starting frame?

Someone set me straight please?

Technically no
Since the rngreporter say the roamer advance the frame by 2, the starting frame is 2. If you sweet scent in the water and their is no npc then the frame will advance by 3, in which the pokemon you encounter will be on frame 5 excluding npc, rollover dates, etc.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
RNG Reporter should automatically account for the extra frames from surfing if you set the correct encounter type, unless you're using an old version.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Question about Pearl. I'm in Trophy Garden (No NPC's), and I want to RNG abuse a Daily Pokémon. Got myself a seed which gives me the Pokémon I want, with the desired nature and ability.

Seed: A20F03BB

Now, when I want to hit my delay, I'm having some problems. The delay for this seed is 942. I use the EonTimer, calibrated delay and sec are 490 / 14. When I search for -/+ delays in the Seed to Time window, I can't find which delay I got. Sometimes it says 946, and after that 941(?). So, now I've put the search to -/+ 50 delays, and -/+ 1 second. I used 30 seconds when generating a date and time for my seed, but the best result I got is delay 967 on second 29.

I kinda remember this problem from two years ago or so, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong anymore. Who could help me out?

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
Would it perhaps be a better idea to "downgrade" back to 9.95 for HG/SS RNG?
I've been using 9.96 for Diamond abuse. From what it looks like, the Coin Flip/Calls window is searching many more delays than what I specified. For example, if I set seconds to +-0 and delay to +-6 (a total of 13 possibilities), searching for Heads would tell me there were 20 possibilities, which is definitely not right.

Question about Pearl. I'm in Trophy Garden (No NPC's), and I want to RNG abuse a Daily Pokémon. Got myself a seed which gives me the Pokémon I want, with the desired nature and ability.

Seed: A20F03BB

Now, when I want to hit my delay, I'm having some problems. The delay for this seed is 942. I use the EonTimer, calibrated delay and sec are 490 / 14. When I search for -/+ delays in the Seed to Time window, I can't find which delay I got. Sometimes it says 946, and after that 941(?). So, now I've put the search to -/+ 50 delays, and -/+ 1 second. I used 30 seconds when generating a date and time for my seed, but the best result I got is delay 967 on second 29.

I kinda remember this problem from two years ago or so, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong anymore. Who could help me out?
More information is need such as
target frame
target date/time

If you input 490 as the calibrated delay before you actually tried to use eontimer with the target date, that could be a problem.

But expand you delay result to 50 and your sec to 5 and use coin flip to see what delay you hit. If you still dont see it expand the delay to 99 and sec to 9

today I finally understood how to RNG and I followed every step needed to capture the desired Latios but it didn't work, I verified the seed, I advanced the frame to the right one and after battling Lance and reviving Latios it still wasn't the desired one, I wanted a timid shiny Latios with perfect IV's in Speed, Sp. atk and HP, the first time I tried I got a modest Latios with random IV's (fairly bad ones) and the second time an Adamant Latios, can anyone help me with succeeding I've put a lot of time into it and failed, I checked my SID with Pokegen also

I've been using 9.96 for Diamond abuse. From what it looks like, the Coin Flip/Calls window is searching many more delays than what I specified. For example, if I set seconds to +-0 and delay to +-6 (a total of 13 possibilities), searching for Heads would tell me there were 20 possibilities, which is definitely not right.
Should I PM Slashmolder(I think that's the person who works on the RNG reporter now) and tell him there's a bug with it? Or should I do something else?

How do you control for the Nidoran breeds in gen 4 and the Illimuse/Volbeat line as well? I don't see anything to account for them in gen 4 egg seed search, so do they use a split 50/50 gender ratio or something?

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
Should I PM Slashmolder(I think that's the person who works on the RNG reporter now) and tell him there's a bug with it? Or should I do something else?
The thing is, I'm not sure if that's intended behavior or not.
If it is indeed a bug, go ahead.

How do you control for the Nidoran breeds in gen 4 and the Illimuse/Volbeat line as well? I don't see anything to account for them in gen 4 egg seed search, so do they use a split 50/50 gender ratio or something?
Keep in mind that the two Nidoran are separate species. Nidoran♂ always has a gender ratio of 0, and Nidoran♀ always has 254.
Beyond that, I don't know.

Is it possible to RNG a Flawless shiny Legendary/Wild Poke in Emerald? If not Flawless then perhaps near Flawless (31/31/31/XX/31/31).

Also as a side question, does anyone have a guide to RNGing the Wishmaker Jirachi from the bonus disk? Thanks!

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Is it possible to RNG a Flawless shiny Legendary/Wild Poke in Emerald? If not Flawless then perhaps near Flawless (31/31/31/XX/31/31).

Also as a side question, does anyone have a guide to RNGing the Wishmaker Jirachi from the bonus disk? Thanks!
You would have to wait weeks or even months for a penta-flawless spread, depending on which nature you're after.

That Jirachi cannot be RNG'd.

You would have to wait weeks or even months for a penta-flawless spread, depending on which nature you're after.

That Jirachi cannot be RNG'd.
Ah I see thanks for your reply, that's quite unfortunate considering that it's the only way to get a shiny Jirachi

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
Ah I see thanks for your reply, that's quite unfortunate considering that it's the only way to get a shiny Jirachi
Actually, you can't RNG it predictably.
Its PID is based on your save file's checksum. What's more, you can get a Jirachi as soon as you start a new game, repeatedly.

There are 9 Shiny Jirachis out of 65536 on the Bonus Disc, so get cracking!

Its PID is based on your save file's checksum. What's more, you can get a Jirachi as soon as you start a new game, repeatedly.
Now I'm interested on this, as I have the Colosseum Bonus disc(and sure as hell wouldn't mind a shiny Jirachi). Could you elaborate a little more on this?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Considering that the checksum is based off of literally ALL THE DATA IN THE SAVE... good luck. Seriously.

Considering that the checksum is based off of literally ALL THE DATA IN THE SAVE... good luck. Seriously.
Everything? Right down to the item? Holy shit, that's, wow.

Does it mean that it's impossible to get a Shiny Jirachi in certain save files, or am I misunderstanding?

To add to Hozu's statement on RNGing a spread like that on Emerald, you could use Battle videos to reach higher frames if you have patience, plus it won't take months if you do it correctly.

Thanks man, I appreciate the link! I'll give it a shot

There are 9 Shiny Jirachis out of 65536 on the Bonus Disc, so get cracking!
So in otherwords, Soft resetting :( I thought thoughs days where over when I learned how to RNG but I guess not haha

I went ahead and hatched 5 eggs to see what I was landing on in Pokemon Emerald as far as hatching goes and it seems I'm jumping from Non Split to Alternative. The first two were most definitely Non Split but the following two were for sure Alternative. IIRC when I last RNGed on Emerald this RARELY happened. However, for whatever reason, it jumping back and forth making it impossible to accurately hit a desired frame.

Anyone know what might be going on?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
How can I RNG abuse Unown in HGSS? Sweet Scent is not working down there..
I should remember this; I RNG'd like ten of them last year.

Where you're in the cave, right after you have gone down the stairs, don't move. It should work there. I also remember I was always in my bike, because of consistency I believe, but I'm not quite sure, either way; you should try the same.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
I should remember this; I RNG'd like ten of them last year.

Where you're in the cave, right after you have gone down the stairs, don't move. It should work there. I also remember I was always in my bike, because of consistency I believe, but I'm not quite sure, either way; you should try the same.
I can't ride my bike there. Also, when I go down the stairs, and use Sweet Scent there, nothing happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)