Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I think RNG Reporter has a bug regarding 4th Gen ID/SID seeds... like the swap of ID & SID, or the frame that shows up is +-12 from your target.
I forgot to mention I'm using PPRNG. What am I doing wrong?

Also when I put my ID into the ID seed checker I keep getting a seed very close to the seed for my desired ID but not exactly. How do I fix this?

Thanks

I forgot to mention I'm using PPRNG. What am I doing wrong?

Also when I put my ID into the ID seed checker I keep getting a seed very close to the seed for my desired ID but not exactly. How do I fix this?

Thanks
Are you hitting your target time correctly? If so, then just keep trying. If you're close to your target delay you'll hit it eventually. Try to be very precise.

If you're not hitting your target time, it's most likely the second that you're missing. Iirc, in HGSS the offset for seconds while doing ID/SID manipulation is 3 (someone correct me if I'm wrong, it might be 2). So on your timer, subtract 3 from your target second.

If you're consistently hitting the same delay over and over again, update your timer and see if that helps.

Are you hitting your target time correctly? If so, then just keep trying. If you're close to your target delay you'll hit it eventually. Try to be very precise.

If you're not hitting your target time, it's most likely the second that you're missing. Iirc, in HGSS the offset for seconds while doing ID/SID manipulation is 3 (someone correct me if I'm wrong, it might be 2). So on your timer, subtract 3 from your target second.

If you're consistently hitting the same delay over and over again, update your timer and see if that helps.

I set my time back 10 seconds just to try and after a few tries I actualy got it!

Thanks

Reactions: PoJ
I set my time back 10 seconds just to try and after a few tries I actualy got it!

Thanks
10 seconds? That's weird haha, but glad you were able to get it! Just make sure you also got the right SID because you might have just gotten your ID by coincidence. It doesn't make sense that subtracting 10 seconds did the trick for you.

You can check your SID by uploading a Pokemon you got to pokecheck.com, or by using an AR.

I've only done RNG in BW/BW2 and just started playing HG. Before I read too much further into Gen 4 RNGing, do I have the requirements to be able to RNG IVs for Red Gyarados? Trying to RNG in Gen 4 looks way more confusing :S

Eyedol

the artist formerly known as xAtrocity
I've only done RNG in BW/BW2 and just started playing HG. Before I read too much further into Gen 4 RNGing, do I have the requirements to be able to RNG IVs for Red Gyarados? Trying to RNG in Gen 4 looks way more confusing :S
The easiest requirement to satisfy is to have Juggler Irwin's number in your Pokégear. Calling him will both advance the RNG frame, as well as provide a way to verify your seed and current frame.

The Lake of Rage Gyarados is generated by the Chained Shiny method. You will need to enter your TID and SID prior to searching, as well as in the main window before generating the results. Do note that there are random NPCs in the area, and the Gyarados itself is a random NPC.

The Lake of Rage Gyarados is generated by the Chained Shiny method. You will need to enter your TID and SID prior to searching, as well as in the main window before generating the results. Do note that there are random NPCs in the area, and the Gyarados itself is a random NPC.
Oh god, that sounds like way too much work. Thanks for the reply though!

I'm about to go for Ho-oh in HG. I've got my Adamant synchronizer, and I know which seed I'm going for. I see on the first page that the radio doesn't work on top of the Bell Tower, but does the phone? If that doesn't either, what's the most reliable way to verify your seed for Ho-oh?

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm about to go for Ho-oh in HG. I've got my Adamant synchronizer, and I know which seed I'm going for. I see on the first page that the radio doesn't work on top of the Bell Tower, but does the phone? If that doesn't either, what's the most reliable way to verify your seed for Ho-oh?
Phone works fine. If all else fails, Chatot can be used.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
If you have roamers released, you can use the roamer method too to check if you hit your delay.
Otherwise stick to phone/chatots/radio (the latter only be done before going to the roof IIRC).

10 seconds? That's weird haha, but glad you were able to get it! Just make sure you also got the right SID because you might have just gotten your ID by coincidence. It doesn't make sense that subtracting 10 seconds did the trick for you.

You can check your SID by uploading a Pokemon you got to pokecheck.com, or by using an AR.

I was following the guide and at the time the pictures hadn't beed reuploaded so I was pressing "A" at the name confirm screen rather then when Oak says "Ill see you later" so that must be why I had it set back 10 seconds. At least I did end up getting the correct TID and SID.

Thanks

Reactions: PoJ
So, I'm having issues. I've been manipulating RNG the easiest way for awhile (the Magikarp-resort-nature and shininess way of doing things), and I've installed EonTimer and have found a seed for Wondercard. I look at the time on my seed, set the clock to a minute before the time (since that's how long EonTimer says to take into consideration), press A on the game and the start button on EonTimer as simultaneously as I can, turn the DS off, stop at the menu screen, hit A to go into my game as close to the final beep as I can make it, rush through the title screen to get to the file load screen, stop and hit A as close to the final beep as I can, yet when I load in the Pastoria mart, I can't even find anything comparable to my initial delay.

I go to the left of the resort area, to the right of the water where there are no moving NPCs, and work from there. My coin flips don't match anything close to anything in the delay list. I'm certain I'm setting it to the correct delay (it says 20:01:23 8/4/2013 - though I've tried it with other times as well - so I set it to 20:00, but I still can't find my delay. Also, when I enter the full coin flip results and try it that way, Java hits a null exception and tries to close itself.

So, what gives? What's going on? My secret ID is 50912 and my player ID is 54844, if that's at all helpful, for some reason.

As an update, I'm also working with Soulsilver and trying to get a flawless Ditto. I'm hitting consistently wrong results. Five or six times, I've gotten a Ditto with a modest nature, but my delay's frequently been 2032 when it should be 2081.

Last edited:
So, I'm having issues. I've been manipulating RNG the easiest way for awhile (the Magikarp-resort-nature and shininess way of doing things), and I've installed EonTimer and have found a seed for Wondercard. I look at the time on my seed, set the clock to a minute before the time (since that's how long EonTimer says to take into consideration), press A on the game and the start button on EonTimer as simultaneously as I can, turn the DS off, stop at the menu screen, hit A to go into my game as close to the final beep as I can make it, rush through the title screen to get to the file load screen, stop and hit A as close to the final beep as I can, yet when I load in the Pastoria mart, I can't even find anything comparable to my initial delay.

I go to the left of the resort area, to the right of the water where there are no moving NPCs, and work from there. My coin flips don't match anything close to anything in the delay list. I'm certain I'm setting it to the correct delay (it says 20:01:23 8/4/2013 - though I've tried it with other times as well - so I set it to 20:00, but I still can't find my delay. Also, when I enter the full coin flip results and try it that way, Java hits a null exception and tries to close itself.

So, what gives? What's going on? My secret ID is 50912 and my player ID is 54844, if that's at all helpful, for some reason.

As an update, I'm also working with Soulsilver and trying to get a flawless Ditto. I'm hitting consistently wrong results. Five or six times, I've gotten a Ditto with a modest nature, but my delay's frequently been 2032 when it should be 2081.
Sounds like you're just having trouble with hitting the correct delays. Make sure you're entering the game at the correct time, and give yourself a wider margin in the search box when checking for your delay. Also, are you updating EonTimer with the results of your delay? If so, it should change your wait times before entering the game. If you find yourself coming within 6 or so of your delay, it's alright and there's no need to update, as now it's just up to your reaction times. Also, I see you're getting even delays when you're trying to hit an odd spread in SS. Are you RNGing on a DS or DSlite? If so, insert an old GBA pokémon game in the second slot. Doing so will change your actual delays from even to odd or vice versa.

Sounds like you're just having trouble with hitting the correct delays. Make sure you're entering the game at the correct time, and give yourself a wider margin in the search box when checking for your delay. Also, are you updating EonTimer with the results of your delay? If so, it should change your wait times before entering the game. If you find yourself coming within 6 or so of your delay, it's alright and there's no need to update, as now it's just up to your reaction times. Also, I see you're getting even delays when you're trying to hit an odd spread in SS. Are you RNGing on a DS or DSlite? If so, insert an old GBA pokémon game in the second slot. Doing so will change your actual delays from even to odd or vice versa.
Ah, thank you. I'm sorry. My Internet access hasn't been the best lately. I finally managed to snag that flawless Ditto and I can work with Wondercards now too. I fixed the delay problem by changing the year, since I don't have a Pokemon GBA game with me at the moment. I'm not sure what the issue was, but I'm hitting my time fairly consistently now. It just takes practice.

Although now, for some reason, I can't get my old single shiny egg RNG trick on platinum working. I'll need to look into that, but what used to work consistently fails me every time now. :/

I successfully managed to Calibrate in my White and achieving a nice Adamant Victini. However when I do all the same things to calibrate for Black 2 I get no results. Been capturing with sweet scent a lot now and still no results ._. Doesnt the calibration process work the same in BW2?

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I successfully managed to Calibrate in my White and achieving a nice Adamant Victini. However when I do all the same things to calibrate for Black 2 I get no results. Been capturing with sweet scent a lot now and still no results ._. Doesnt the calibration process work the same in BW2?
You want 5th Gen Help. This is for 4th Gen and before.

Ah, thank you. I'm sorry. My Internet access hasn't been the best lately. I finally managed to snag that flawless Ditto and I can work with Wondercards now too. I fixed the delay problem by changing the year, since I don't have a Pokemon GBA game with me at the moment. I'm not sure what the issue was, but I'm hitting my time fairly consistently now. It just takes practice.

Although now, for some reason, I can't get my old single shiny egg RNG trick on platinum working. I'll need to look into that, but what used to work consistently fails me every time now. :/
All right. I'm scratching my head on this one. The trick is the simplest RNG abuse possible, and it doesn't seem to work at all now, for some reason. You go to the Resort Area or to any place with high level pokemon (Magikarp are easiest to catch) and save there, you turn off the power and load the DS, you get into the game, take note of the exact minute when you move from the menu screen into the game, catch a Pokemon above level 50, record its stats in RNG reporter under Seed Finder, along with the hour, minute, and date when you started the game, and you simply generate your seed and look for the spread you're looking for in terms of nature, ability, gender, and shininess (or not).

It's consistently failing me, for some reason. It used to work at least 85% of the time, and the only times when it didn't, I'd just goofed something up. I'm certain I've entered my secret ID and trainer ID correctly. It's only worked twice out of all the times I've done it, and those two times, I had results that didn't ask for me to tap the happiness app. Sometimes, my results will be one or two off inexplicably, and sometimes, I'll be way off... but I'm certain I'm doing everything right. I've double- and triple-checked.

So, what's going on?

For RNG Reporter's (v9.95) 4th gen seed finder: does the high level Pokemon have to be a wild Pokemon generated by Method 1? Or can I catch a stationary legend generated by Method J to check my seed?

I'm calibrating so I don't want to use coin flips when I might be hundreds off my target delay. Game in question is Pearl.

Eyedol

the artist formerly known as xAtrocity
For RNG Reporter's (v9.95) 4th gen seed finder: does the high level Pokemon have to be a wild Pokemon generated by Method 1? Or can I catch a stationary legend generated by Method J to check my seed?

I'm calibrating so I don't want to use coin flips when I might be hundreds off my target delay. Game in question is Pearl.
You can use any non-bred Pokémon for calibration.

Hello, I have a question about rnging in HG. I'm trying to rng a 6*31 Calm Ditto with the seed 5D000242 and Frame 52. I have managed it to hit the delay multiple times. My Problem is, when I try to increase the Frames I'll always end up Meeting Spearow or Noctowl. I'm pretty sure that I counted the frames correctly, so I wanted to ask if someone had an idea on what is responsible for the false frames I end up with :/

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
What version are you RNGing on?
EDIT: I recall Heart Gold having encounter slots *different* from Soul Silver.

Last edited:
Heartgold. But I managed to solve this Problem, however, another one emerged.
I'm trying to RNG the IV's of a shiny beldum in the daycare. My target Frame is 16 and my seed is 130E0248. I call Elm 9 times to check if I hit the seed. 16-1-9=6 so I am supposed to increase the Frames by 6 right? Because whenever I do this, I end up with the wrong IVs :/ Could somebody possible explain to me what I'm doin wrong? :S

What frame do you end up on? No roamers I'm assuming, but the npc on the route is probably moving after your advancements. Either account for the frame difference or re-save in front of th dc man.

FYI when the npc advanced my frame it was usually by two, so check frame ~18 for what you're getting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)