Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I see. I saved in a spot where I can track all NPC movements in New Bark Town, and then try to dash into the lab when there are only a few frame advancements left (since they'll keep moving once they're off screen) hoping I'll get lucky, but I guess that combined with the inability to verify my seed, it's just an exceptionally difficult process.

Thanks for the reply.

Hi everyone, I'm trying to RNG a rotom in my (retail) platinum game. I'm using PPRNG 1.15.0 and I found a seed I wanted. I think I hit the correct seed and delay twice, but both times I have been unable to find what frame I'm on. I'm using two chatots with custom cries, though it's somewhat hard to hear the difference.

The seed inspector says my base delay is 3902, and the actual delay is 3888... I'm not sure what the difference is. Using the coin flips I seem to match the 3902 delay, however the flips start a little later than expected (the sequence says THTHHHTTHH.... but I start HHTTHH... so I miss the first couple flips; not sure if that's important or not)

I'm assuming I start on frame 1; no roamers are released. My target frame is 156. After I verified the delay and stuff, I try to use chatots to advance the frame but there is no match when listening to the pitches.

I caught the rotom twice to try to figure out what frame I was on, but was unable to match it either time.

Also, I'm not sure if it's a bug or something, but I'm going for a shiny and there's no star at the 156th frame at stationary encounter (so no star in seed inspector but there is a star in seed searcher)

More info: using zomg timer v2.21
ID 34549 SID 16508

Someone please help! :o
just wanted to bump this... if anyone could help I would really appreciate it :3

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
just wanted to bump this... if anyone could help I would really appreciate it :3
Hmm what spread are you looking for? Is it the standard 31/x/31/31/31/31? Or some hidden power spread?
I guess Gen 4 spreads are universal, not counting shinies (compared to Gen 5's spreads which is dependent on the DS' MAC Address).

Hmm what spread are you looking for? Is it the standard 31/x/31/31/31/31? Or some hidden power spread?
I guess Gen 4 spreads are universal, not counting shinies (compared to Gen 5's spreads which is dependent on the DS' MAC Address).
I wanted to catch a shiny one, and the best spread I could find (within a reasonable amount of frames) was 28/x/30/31/31/31 hp ice 68

I did another search using PPRNG but this time my delay changed from 3902 to 1627 (actual delay changed form 3888 1613) o.O

Maybe the first time I used the search input wrong?? lol I'll have to try again this weekend... wow I feel stupid xD

Thanks for posting though :)

Hi everyone, I'm trying to RNG a rotom in my (retail) platinum game. I'm using PPRNG 1.15.0 and I found a seed I wanted. I think I hit the correct seed and delay twice, but both times I have been unable to find what frame I'm on. I'm using two chatots with custom cries, though it's somewhat hard to hear the difference.

The seed inspector says my base delay is 3902, and the actual delay is 3888... I'm not sure what the difference is. Using the coin flips I seem to match the 3902 delay, however the flips start a little later than expected (the sequence says THTHHHTTHH.... but I start HHTTHH... so I miss the first couple flips; not sure if that's important or not)

I'm assuming I start on frame 1; no roamers are released. My target frame is 156. After I verified the delay and stuff, I try to use chatots to advance the frame but there is no match when listening to the pitches.

I caught the rotom twice to try to figure out what frame I was on, but was unable to match it either time.

Also, I'm not sure if it's a bug or something, but I'm going for a shiny and there's no star at the 156th frame at stationary encounter (so no star in seed inspector but there is a star in seed searcher)

More info: using zomg timer v2.21
ID 34549 SID 16508

Someone please help! :o

Apologies for bumping this thread so much.... but I tried again for 2 hours today and got no results. Same problem as before. This time after confirming my delay I caught the rotom but it didn't match any adjacent frame within 50 frames.

Is it possible I inputed my SID incorrectly? I can't think of any other missteps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. You can even have a free copy of the rotom if I ever manage to catch it lol.

edit: I quoted my original post if you need more info

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Apologies for bumping this thread so much.... but I tried again for 2 hours today and got no results. Same problem as before. This time after confirming my delay I caught the rotom but it didn't match any adjacent frame within 50 frames.

Is it possible I inputed my SID incorrectly? I can't think of any other missteps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. You can even have a free copy of the rotom if I ever manage to catch it lol.

edit: I quoted my original post if you need more info
Assuming you were talking about seed F3000F3E in your original post, RNG Reporter shows your delay to be the 3902 (with a year of 2000). The fact that you skip the first couple frames is probably because of NPCs (or roamers, but you said you don't have any). It's not really a big deal.

Are you using a Calm Synchronize in your first slot? You won't get the right Pokemon/IV's if you are not. If you input those settings in the main window (which I think is the same as the "seed inspector" in PPRNG) the star shows up. If you are leading with a calm synch, it still sounds like you didn't say that you are in the inspector, so that may be why you can't find the matching IV's and don't see the star.

Inputting the wrong SID would only make it not shiny. It wouldn't change the IV's you're getting.

Assuming you were talking about seed F3000F3E in your original post, RNG Reporter shows your delay to be the 3902 (with a year of 2000). The fact that you skip the first couple frames is probably because of NPCs (or roamers, but you said you don't have any). It's not really a big deal.

Are you using a Calm Synchronize in your first slot? You won't get the right Pokemon/IV's if you are not. If you input those settings in the main window (which I think is the same as the "seed inspector" in PPRNG) the star shows up. If you are leading with a calm synch, it still sounds like you didn't say that you are in the inspector, so that may be why you can't find the matching IV's and don't see the star.

Inputting the wrong SID would only make it not shiny. It wouldn't change the IV's you're getting.
Thanks for the reply!

Hmm, well I'm going for rotom in the old chateau and I didn't see any NPC's there? Also, yes I'm using a calm sync and I inputted the info on the seed inspector tab.... but I don't see the shiny star on the seed inspector.

I did my soulsilver RNG on a windows based computer; this if my first time using pprng for gen 4. Maybe I should just go back to windows lol... although I don't have that computer anymore xD

Any other thoughts? :3

edit: whoops quoted you twice; fixed

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Thanks for the reply!

Hmm, well I'm going for rotom in the old chateau and I didn't see any NPC's there? Also, yes I'm using a calm sync and I inputted the info on the seed inspector tab.... but I don't see the shiny star on the seed inspector.

I did my soulsilver RNG on a windows based computer; this if my first time using pprng for gen 4. Maybe I should just go back to windows lol... although I don't have that computer anymore xD

Any other thoughts? :3

edit: whoops quoted you twice; fixed
Hmm, could you post a couple screenshots of the windows? That might help in determining what's off. If you're positive that you're hitting your delay, what IV's are you getting? Are you sure you're hitting the right seconds too?

Hmm, could you post a couple screenshots of the windows? That might help in determining what's off. If you're positive that you're hitting your delay, what IV's are you getting? Are you sure you're hitting the right seconds too?
First time uploading images, hope this works. I did a screenshot of the seed inspector frames + delays page. Note that there is no shiny star next to frame 156 :(

Also, I noticed something really weird. When I go to seed searcher and put in, say, 2000 frames max it gives me some seed with 1627 delay, while if I search up to 4000 frames max, it gives me a seed with 3902 delay... both have the exact same spreads o.O

I may just take a break from resetting this guy and come back later lol.

Attachments

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
First time uploading images, hope this works. I did a screenshot of the seed inspector frames + delays page. Note that there is no shiny star next to frame 156 :(

Also, I noticed something really weird. When I go to seed searcher and put in, say, 2000 frames max it gives me some seed with 1627 delay, while if I search up to 4000 frames max, it gives me a seed with 3902 delay... both have the exact same spreads o.O

I may just take a break from resetting this guy and come back later lol.
Thanks! So for the base/actual delay, the "base delay" (3902) is based on setting the year to 2000. Increasing the year by one decreases the delay required by 1, so you are actually trying to hit delay 3888 (the actual delay) by setting the year to 2014. You'll notice that in the time/adjacents tab of the inspector the seed you highlighted in the picture is not the same as the seed you are trying to hit.

You're probably just finding different seeds that give you the same spread.

I'm not sure why it's not showing up as shiny. By using Method J, Calm synch frame 156 shows up as shiny in the RNG Reporter. I'm not sure what that "adjust frame for monster frame and skipped frames" does (strictly speaking) but could that be throwing it off? Not sure if that needs to be checked, but I don't use a Mac so...

Not sure why you are skipping the first few frames with no NPCs or Roamers. The next time you try it though make sure you are actually hitting the right delay/time (you have plenty of advances to verify the seed with coin flips), and if you still can't find anything post the IV's that you're getting so we can look into it further.

Thanks! So for the base/actual delay, the "base delay" (3902) is based on setting the year to 2000. Increasing the year by one decreases the delay required by 1, so you are actually trying to hit delay 3888 (the actual delay) by setting the year to 2014. You'll notice that in the time/adjacents tab of the inspector the seed you highlighted in the picture is not the same as the seed you are trying to hit.

You're probably just finding different seeds that give you the same spread.

I'm not sure why it's not showing up as shiny. By using Method J, Calm synch frame 156 shows up as shiny in the RNG Reporter. I'm not sure what that "adjust frame for monster frame and skipped frames" does (strictly speaking) but could that be throwing it off? Not sure if that needs to be checked, but I don't use a Mac so...

Not sure why you are skipping the first few frames with no NPCs or Roamers. The next time you try it though make sure you are actually hitting the right delay/time (you have plenty of advances to verify the seed with coin flips), and if you still can't find anything post the IV's that you're getting so we can look into it further.
Ohhhhhhhh.... wow so I'm actually going for delay 3888 o.O

I'll try hitting that delay and post again with my results.

Thanks so much for the help! I'll let you know if I catch it tomorrow or something :)

Just out of curiosity... does anyone know how to make a rng program? I would like to create on just for fun, yet I am uncertain how to incorporate the Timer0, MAC address and all of that. If someone could point me to a tutorial, that would be great!

I've been RNGing successfully on Platinum for quite a while now, but I've noticed that my delay seems to vary quite a bit.

I'm on my second run through of legend collecting. These are two different copies of Platinum. On the first run, my calibrated delay stayed between 570 and 574. On the second one, when I started legend collecting with Giratina, the calibrated delay ended up being 564. Then, with the Lake trio, it was 561. I RNGed Dialga, Palkia, and Cresselia, and it was back at 574. At first I thought the delay was so far off because it was a different copy and not technically the same game. But now I'm not sure. Does anyone have any more insight on this? Should both Platinum games have the exact same calibrated delay?

I haven't had this type of thing with HGSS. My HG calibrated delay is 478, and SS is 486. It's really not a big problem, but it just seems weird. I know I'm consistent with pressing A at the correct time. Does it have something to do with the delay of the seed?

I've been trying to RNG any random shiny pokemon in Soul Silver and can't seem to get it right.

http://puu.sh/bhrxx/fa73087a2b.png
http://puu.sh/bhscO/c9a253a718.png
http://puu.sh/bhuPE/862da6c7b0.jpg

I have 2 roamers which increases my starting seed by 2. I'm trying to hit frame 10 which means I need to advance by 7 frames once I ensure I'm on the correct seed.

I check my roamers and Raikou is at 29 and Entei is at 34 which matches everything as shown in the second image. I call Irwin 7 times and end up with K, P, K, K, E, K, E. This sequence exists 4 times and appears in my seeds responses but skips the first K, E. I now have no clue what frame I'm on or what's happening and use sweet scent anyway ending up with

Zubat, Bashful, level 5, inner focus
HP - 20
Atk - 9
Def - 9
Sp.Atk - 8
Sp.Def - 9
Speed - 11

Where in this am I going wrong?

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
I've been trying to RNG any random shiny pokemon in Soul Silver and can't seem to get it right.

http://puu.sh/bhrxx/fa73087a2b.png
http://puu.sh/bhscO/c9a253a718.png
http://puu.sh/bhuPE/862da6c7b0.jpg

I have 2 roamers which increases my starting seed by 2. I'm trying to hit frame 10 which means I need to advance by 7 frames once I ensure I'm on the correct seed.

I check my roamers and Raikou is at 29 and Entei is at 34 which matches everything as shown in the second image. I call Irwin 7 times and end up with K, P, K, K, E, K, E. This sequence exists 4 times and appears in my seeds responses but skips the first K, E. I now have no clue what frame I'm on or what's happening and use sweet scent anyway ending up with

Zubat, Bashful, level 5, inner focus
HP - 20
Atk - 9
Def - 9
Sp.Atk - 8
Sp.Def - 9
Speed - 11

Where in this am I going wrong?
Can you match that Zubat to a frame on the main window of RNG Reporter? That'd help in determining what frame you're actually hitting.

Can you match that Zubat to a frame on the main window of RNG Reporter? That'd help in determining what frame you're actually hitting.
I can do that? That should really be in the guide.

Looks like I was hitting 13. Tried again and did 4 less calls and hit 9. This final try should work out then.

Yeah it finally worked :D Thanks for the tip!

Last edited:
I'm about to attempt RNGing for a specific TID/SID on my pokemon white cartridge, using PPRNG. I noticed you need to calibrate in order to do this. So my question is, are your calibrations(Timer0, Vcount, Vframe) dependent on your cartridge, or am I going to have to re-calibrate my new file?

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
I'm about to attempt RNGing for a specific TID/SID on my pokemon white cartridge, using PPRNG. I noticed you need to calibrate in order to do this. So my question is, are your calibrations(Timer0, Vcount, Vframe) dependent on your cartridge, or am I going to have to re-calibrate my new file?
You don't have to recalibrate if all you do is start a new game. Your parameters are specific to your cartridge+ds combo.

btw, 5th gen questions should really be directed here instead :)

This was probably answered somewhere else, but I'm currently attempting to RNG a nonshiny Hasty Latios in my Soul Silver. Is it possible to get flawless? If not, whats the highest statspread I can get?

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
This was probably answered somewhere else, but I'm currently attempting to RNG a nonshiny Hasty Latios in my Soul Silver. Is it possible to get flawless? If not, whats the highest statspread I can get?
Seed: 9508234B; Hasty; 31.31.30.31.31.31 (HP Dragon)
Seed: C40C1BF5; Hasty; 31.31.31.31.30.31 (HP Steel)

Listed both since although the HP Steel one lowers the wrong defense, the Steel typing could come in useful for Fairies (although almost certainly wouldn't). :)

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Which "encounter" do i use for that .com ? Is it grass/cave or surfing?
Roamers are generated using "Method 1" (at least that's what it's listed as on PPRNG, I assume it's the same for RNG Reporter).

I can't remember the value for Latios/Latias, but (IIRC) there's advancements made during their release script. (Probably +2, but don't quote me on this.) So you may have to do it once, catch the Pokémon, check the IVs, figure out the frame you hit, and then try again having adjusted accordingly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)