Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

So I am sorry I have been constantly going at my seed for quite a while and I mean a very long time I have taken everyone's advice surely I am doing something wrong or I must be a very unlucky person. I know this is a stretch but if there are any rng geniuses out there can you please help me or correct me I am really getting annoyed with this:/ Thanks.

I'm trying to rng for a shiny male ralts with flawless stats, is it more likely im screwing up or that 0 instances of a pokemon like that exists in heart gold in 5 years with my ids?

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
So I am sorry I have been constantly going at my seed for quite a while and I mean a very long time I have taken everyone's advice surely I am doing something wrong or I must be a very unlucky person. I know this is a stretch but if there are any rng geniuses out there can you please help me or correct me I am really getting annoyed with this:/ Thanks.
You aren't actually doing anything wrong, you're just missing your timing. Keep on trying and you're sure to get it. I realize this post is rather late, so if you have managed to RNG it ignore me.
I'm trying to rng for a shiny male ralts with flawless stats, is it more likely im screwing up or that 0 instances of a pokemon like that exists in heart gold in 5 years with my ids?
There's only a certain amount of PIDs for a perfect male timid/synchronize Ralts, so if your TID/SID don't match one there's 0 chance.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Unless you id/sid abuse your game, a shiny flawless pokemon is highly impossible
You aren't actually doing anything wrong, you're just missing your timing. Keep on trying and you're sure to get it. I realize this post is rather late, so if you have managed to RNG it ignore me.

There's only a certain amount of PIDs for a perfect male timid/synchronize Ralts, so if your TID/SID don't match one there's 0 chance.
He doesn't mention if he wants to capture or breed one. Breeding is perfectly fine without abusing your TID/SID.

Figures. I'm assuming this also applies to diamond as well then? Or does the poke radar give me room for error? Is this why the box that shows up after you hit the generate button immediately disappears?

Last edited:
Probably the same as for the Shiny Gyarados, not sure though. (Didn't even knew there was a Lapras in HGSS)
It appears every Friday... I know that I won't be able to RNG it for shininess but it would be great if I could rng it for the correct nature and IVs. Can anyone confirm if the method is the same for gyarados?

Buckert

It appears every Friday... I know that I won't be able to RNG it for shininess but it would be great if I could rng it for the correct nature and IVs. Can anyone confirm if the method is the same for gyarados?
You can always do a test run to see what you get. I've learned so much by just doing trial and error. I will try to RNG abuse it.

EDIT:

I'd like to confirm that Lapras in HG/SS (Union Cave) is Method K, Stationary Pokémon. Just did a test run and I caught this:

Timid | Water Absorb | Male
31 | 06 | 31 | 30 | 31 | 30
Lapras Untouched

Yeah it's useless, but answers your question. It's really not that hard to do some test runs.. >_>

Last edited:
You can always do a test run to see what you get. I've learned so much by just doing trial and error. I will try to RNG abuse it.

EDIT:

I'd like to confirm that Lapras in HG/SS (Union Cave) is Method K, Stationary Pokémon. Just did a test run and I caught this:

Timid | Water Absorb | Male
31 | 06 | 31 | 30 | 31 | 30
Lapras Untouched

Yeah it's useless, but answers your question.
Thanks.

I have a question with getting a shiny off a chain,
a good way to do this is to catch the Pokemon rather than KOing it and finding the spread in reporter, then going to the Occidentary frame in reporter
Is this telling me to find the Pokemon's stats under the main window of rng reporter as Method J or Chained shiny? Occidentary appears only in Method J and generating but the screenshot in the guide has Chained. As a followup question since the pokemon is level 4-6, and the spread is wide like 0-25, x-x, x-x, 24 or 28, x-x, x-x I just fixate on those two plus nature I'm guessing?

Well I'm now officially lost, so here goes

What are you trying to capture\hatch?
Jolly 31/31/31/x/31/31 M Ralts in Diamond via chaining

What is your target seed and frame? What is the delay of that seed? A816034A, frame 333, delay 830, 16bit High frame 218

How did you verify your seed? Coin taps, result was expected 830 delay result

If you tried and failed, what results did you get?

Starly, Careful-Male level 4 stats: 18/10/7/6/8/10

I don't see a Pokemon that matches this spread in either encounter type, nearly all the careful options are female so I'm doing something wrong

id 03079 sid 28673

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but is there a complete list of stat shadow boosts from Pokemon XD laying around? I know there's one on the main site, but it's missing a couple of Pokemon I'm planning to reset for (namely Mawile and Salamence)

Probably has been answered at some point but what method is the Lati@s in Black/White 2 in the Dream Yard? I have the route memorized where all I have to do is take one step and then they run into me and fight me but I'm not sure what I need to punch in so I can get my desired spreads.

Probably has been answered at some point but what method is the Lati@s in Black/White 2 in the Dream Yard? I have the route memorized where all I have to do is take one step and then they run into me and fight me but I'm not sure what I need to punch in so I can get my desired spreads.
It is considered a stationary legendary.

Lumari

thinking of a place
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Are there any areas in SoulSilver beside the Pokemon League where the phone doesn't work? I've recently learned how to RNG and I'm dying to catch perfect roamers, but of course I'm not gonna do that as long as I still require them for seed verification :) (afaik they're only absolutely required to RNG each other, but I'd hate to miss out on something good because there turns out to be another area where I can't verify my seed via phonecalls)

Buckert

Are there any areas in SoulSilver beside the Pokemon League where the phone doesn't work? I've recently learned how to RNG and I'm dying to catch perfect roamers, but of course I'm not gonna do that as long as I still require them for seed verification :) (afaik they're only absolutely required to RNG each other, but I'd hate to miss out on something good because there turns out to be another area where I can't verify my seed via phonecalls)
I know the radio doesn't work in the rooms with Lugia and Ho-oh. Not sure about the phone though. You can always verify your delay with roamers, and you can advance your frame with Chatots, so you don't really need the phone.

Is possible to get a shiny manaphy from pokemon ranger egg (dppt), by PID abuse? with pandora's box.

And pokebank will accept this event?

I know the doesn't work in the rooms with Lugia and Ho-oh. Not sure about the phone though. You can always verify your delay with roamers, and you can advance your frame with Chatots, so you don't really need the phone
yes, but you can get out of the tower, check the seed, and return.
Is possible advance the frame with chatot in dppt? Or it's hgss only feature?

Last edited:

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
Is possible to get a shiny manaphy from pokemon ranger egg (dppt), by PID abuse? with pandora's box.

The egg is set to be not shiny when received on the game, but if you RNG abuse the PID then RNG another save file with an ID/SID spread that makes that PID shiny it will hatch shiny when traded over. It will go through bank.

Buckert

The egg is set to be not shiny when received on the game, but if you RNG abuse the PID then RNG another save file with an ID/SID spread that makes that PID shiny it will hatch shiny when traded over. It will go through bank.
Yeah, I got my Shiny Manaphy on Pokébank, so that works.

are there any events that doesn't go through bank? like happy birthday charmander (quick attack), shiny beasts, genesect, hurricane mewtwo or my oak's letter shaymin.

then, i found an even spread with wondercard ivs, but since i start with frame 1, if I flip the journal pages, i can get just odd frame.. how can i get a +1 frame? chatot method work on doopt?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)