Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Is the amount of shaking spots in DPPt with every seed the same? Or does it vary? Maybe I can use that to determine my delay.

Last edited:
Is the amount of shaking spots in DPPt with every seed the same? Or does it vary? Maybe I can use that to determine my delay.
According to the on-site Pokeradar RNG guide:

"To maximize the number of patches, stand in the middle of a large grass patch as shown above to always get 4 radar patches. Once you've determined the location of your patches, make a note of them, as the radar patch locations will be in the exact same locations as long as you've hit your seed, and as long as you haven't saved."

So the number of patches should be always 4, but their locations do correspond to a given seed (and will not change if you don't save and start over). So you can use their locations to determine your delay (or, at least, whether you hit your target seed or not)

Buckert

According to the on-site Pokeradar RNG guide:

"To maximize the number of patches, stand in the middle of a large grass patch as shown above to always get 4 radar patches. Once you've determined the location of your patches, make a note of them, as the radar patch locations will be in the exact same locations as long as you've hit your seed, and as long as you haven't saved."

So the number of patches should be always 4, but their locations do correspond to a given seed (and will not change if you don't save and start over). So you can use their locations to determine your delay (or, at least, whether you hit your target seed or not)
Awesome, thanks. Well I haven't done this before, and starting to learn this on Route 228 in Platinum, with the epic sandstorm. xD

Edit:

I want to RNG abuse my Platinum in order to get a decent low shiny frame for Shiny Beldum (encounterslot 0/1). How do I do this? I already deleted my previous saved game.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

Been out of the loop for a long time and considering jumping back into RNGing. Mostly did Gen 4 stuff(dabbled in a little Gen 5) back then and rather than pick up there I was going to try and start with Gen 3 which I never considered. Recently I bought both Sapphire and Emerald and both have dead batteries(not sure if its needed for Sapphire). So where is a good place to start for these games? Any simple things that a beginner should start with? I have all my old timer and RNG reporters on a hard drive.

Any advise or recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

Been out of the loop for a long time and considering jumping back into RNGing. Mostly did Gen 4 stuff(dabbled in a little Gen 5) back then and rather than pick up there I was going to try and start with Gen 3 which I never considered. Recently I bought both Sapphire and Emerald and both have dead batteries(not sure if its needed for Sapphire). So where is a good place to start for these games? Any simple things that a beginner should start with? I have all my old timer and RNG reporters on a hard drive.

Thanks!
I'd really not recommend Gen III RNG unless on emulator because it demands precision (to 1/60th of a second), epically long waiting times and even then screws you over often with shifting methods. It will cause you to pull your hair out, I assure you.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
If you still want to try for Gen 3 RNG despite the above warnings, RNGing your TID on Sapphire might be a good place to start (assuming these are new saves). It would give you a flavor of Gen III without having to worry about the methods etc. But yeah, you'll definitely have to settle on the IVs for a retail cart because of the waiting times.

If you want to get started with the IDs, this guide will help: http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/rs_nonbredrng

(And the dead battery in Sapphire causes the seed to always be 5A0, so it does make a difference.)

Good luck! :)

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Hi Everyone,

Thanks!
As shiny finder said, Sapphire is better to start with. There are generally better spreads starting from dead battery on Sapphire. I wouldn't expect to get anything flawless. If you want flawless, emulator is the way to go.

On Emerald it is definitely possible to get a flawless Pokemon on a retail cartridge, it takes forever but it is absolutely possible. But TID / SID RNG is impossible. Yay -_- and the other thing is that the most valuable Pokemon on Emerald (shiny Mew and Deoxys) can only be obtained with an event or AR warp codes, so basically retail Emerald RNG is only good for breeding. Once again, if you are after flawless shinies, emulator is the way to go :P

Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions :)

Buckert

So I'm heaving a little trouble with my ID/SID abuse on my Platinum game.

Seed: 08141783
Got the TID/SID combo from Luxpluff91 since I want to do shiny Pokéradar RNG abuse, and I don't have any useful spreads on my own games.

TID: 40084
SID: 12269

Delay: 6019
Seconds: 0

In seed to time the Delay is 6003, and since I had to use my GBA games in slot 2 when I was capturing my Beldum last week, I had and odd delay as well, so I assume I have to use my GBA slot now as well. I used 2016.04.01 20:04:00.

First attempt; Delay 5979 Seconds 3

After that, I tried to adjust the timer. Now I used 2016.04.01 20:01:03, but kept my EonTimer on 0 seconds. Now I got 5990 with seconds 0, but why am I hitting odd now? Any other suggestions? Not getting close to my desired delay. >_>

Edit: Still using 2016.04.01 20:01:03, got delay 6003 which is the one I need, but I'm still 1 second above my target second. How to fix this?

Last edited:
So I'm heaving a little trouble with my ID/SID abuse on my Platinum game.

Seed: 08141783
Got the TID/SID combo from Luxpluff91 since I want to do shiny Pokéradar RNG abuse, and I don't have any useful spreads on my own games.

TID: 40084
SID: 12269

Delay: 6019
Seconds: 0

In seed to time the Delay is 6003, and since I had to use my GBA games in slot 2 when I was capturing my Beldum last week, I had and odd delay as well, so I assume I have to use my GBA slot now as well. I used 2016.04.01 20:04:00.

First attempt; Delay 5979 Seconds 3

After that, I tried to adjust the timer. Now I used 2016.04.01 20:01:03, but kept my EonTimer on 0 seconds. Now I got 5990 with seconds 0, but why am I hitting odd now? Any other suggestions? Not getting close to my desired delay. >_>

Edit: Still using 2016.04.01 20:01:03, got delay 6003 which is the one I need, but I'm still 1 second above my target second. How to fix this?
Try allowing for a very wide (i. e. -500/+500) delay range when using Seed to Time; it may be that you're actually hitting delays far from your target and searching in a narrow range results in RNG Reporter thinking your target seconds are wrong. This happened to me once (oddly, also with Platinum) and turns out I was hitting delays 200 away from my target. Unless you're 100% sure of the delays you're hitting, it may be a good idea to try this.

It's also worth noticing you can just change the year in Seed to Time instead of using a GBA game in slot 2, if you prefer.

Buckert

Try allowing for a very wide (i. e. -500/+500) delay range when using Seed to Time; it may be that you're actually hitting delays far from your target and searching in a narrow range results in RNG Reporter thinking your target seconds are wrong. This happened to me once (oddly, also with Platinum) and turns out I was hitting delays 200 away from my target. Unless you're 100% sure of the delays you're hitting, it may be a good idea to try this.

It's also worth noticing you can just change the year in Seed to Time instead of using a GBA game in slot 2, if you prefer.
Yeah I'm pretty sure about the delays. I just tried again with a new time.

2016.06.30 20:54:30

Now the result that I get is ID 65084 SID 32423 Delay 6006 Seconds 31. Would it help if I set the EonTimer to 29 seconds in stead of 30? And I also switch between UPPER and lower case when I insert my name. Should I shift back to UPPER after I completed my name, so I shift it to odd again?

Yeah I'm pretty sure about the delays. I just tried again with a new time.

2016.06.30 20:54:30

Now the result that I get is ID 65084 SID 32423 Delay 6006 Seconds 31. Would it help if I set the EonTimer to 29 seconds in stead of 30? And I also switch between UPPER and lower case when I insert my name. Should I shift back to UPPER after I completed my name, so I shift it to odd again?
My bad, I didn't notice you were having trouble with the ID/SID abuse (I thought it was a normal abuse).

I'd try changing the EonTimer seconds setting to 29 or 31 (never remember which one when you're hitting above your target seconds). Regarding the name, I'd try entering your name without switching cases in the end, with the updated seconds in EonTimer a few times and try getting near 6003 with the correct seconds; after that I'd start trying to change the delay to odd/even.

Buckert

My bad, I didn't notice you were having trouble with the ID/SID abuse (I thought it was a normal abuse).

I'd try changing the EonTimer seconds setting to 29 or 31 (never remember which one when you're hitting above your target seconds). Regarding the name, I'd try entering your name without switching cases in the end, with the updated seconds in EonTimer a few times and try getting near 6003 with the correct seconds; after that I'd start trying to change the delay to odd/even.
Changed the timer to 29, switched back to UPPER after I finished my name, and that's it. :) It got the TID/SID combo now. Thanks again mate!

Question: if I wanted to RNG in XD/Colosseum, what would I need for it? And how would I get the Pokemon (once I actually learn to do it) to my Gen 6 games?

The only flash card I have acces to at the moment is an M3i Zero, if that helps at all. I have a retail versions of Emerald, Platinum, Soul Silver, White and White 2, for reference.

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Question: if I wanted to RNG in XD/Colosseum, what would I need for it? And how would I get the Pokemon (once I actually learn to do it) to my Gen 6 games?

The only flash card I have acces to at the moment is an M3i Zero, if that helps at all. I have a retail versions of Emerald, Platinum, Soul Silver, White and White 2, for reference.
1. Dolphin (with access to debug mode), a couple of guides on the internet (some are in Japanese but I can do translation for you), Joybus emulation, VBA of some kind, Desmume (or any DS emulator that can emulate Pal Park), DS Flashcart (M3i Zero is a DS Flashcart?), Retail 4th gen game, retail 5th gen game. Also 2 DS systems.

Kaphotics has a few programs that can let you skip the transfer steps if you really have trouble getting Joybus to work for example. But you absolutely need a GBA / DS flashcard or at least some method of getting your Pokemon from the computer onto a retail cart, and then 2 DS systems to transfer up to 6th gen.

1. Dolphin (with access to debug mode), a couple of guides on the internet (some are in Japanese but I can do translation for you), Joybus emulation, VBA of some kind, Desmume (or any DS emulator that can emulate Pal Park), DS Flashcart (M3i Zero is a DS Flashcart?), Retail 4th gen game, retail 5th gen game. Also 2 DS systems.

Kaphotics has a few programs that can let you skip the transfer steps if you really have trouble getting Joybus to work for example. But you absolutely need a GBA / DS flashcard or at least some method of getting your Pokemon from the computer onto a retail cart, and then 2 DS systems to transfer up to 6th gen.
Thanks for the response!

M3i is a DS Flashcart, yes. Can't really remember how it works though, its been forever. I don't think it can play GBA games though, I assume that doesn't that matter at all? O.o

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Thanks for the response!

M3i is a DS Flashcart, yes. Can't really remember how it works though, its been forever. I don't think it can play GBA games though, I assume that doesn't that matter at all? O.o
Nah it's not an issue. You just need one or the other :)

So I'm out of the loop right now in 3rd gen RNG. I've done it on Emerald retail no problem before so I'm curious about emulators now. How would I go about finding spreads to make shiny through ID/SID abuse? When I try finding spreads (aiming for wild spreads) in the high hundred millions on the 3rd gen time finder tab, RNG reporter always crashes. When I lower my expectations a bit there are hardly any spreads. I've seen some pictures of people using the 4th gen tab to find spreads to make shiny on older versions of RNG Reporter so this confuses me.

So I'm out of the loop right now in 3rd gen RNG. I've done it on Emerald retail no problem before so I'm curious about emulators now. How would I go about finding spreads to make shiny through ID/SID abuse? When I try finding spreads (aiming for wild spreads) in the high hundred millions on the 3rd gen time finder tab, RNG reporter always crashes. When I lower my expectations a bit there are hardly any spreads. I've seen some pictures of people using the 4th gen tab to find spreads to make shiny on older versions of RNG Reporter so this confuses me.
You don't need to use the 3rd gen time finder tab. Just use the main window of the Reporter and set the IVs (and nature) and type of wild Pokémon, then set Max Frames to 999999999 (that's nine 9s) and hit Generate. It will take a long while to find the spreads, so just do something else instead. After it's done, you can save the data in a text file, then, add nine 0's to the 1 for Starting frame, then hit generate again. The Reporter will crash if you search for 1000000000 but not if you stay 1 below that number. :P Just do that until you went through all 4294967296.

It's a slow method, but you'll be sure you find every one of them. :)

You don't need to use the 3rd gen time finder tab. Just use the main window of the Reporter and set the IVs (and nature) and type of wild Pokémon, then set Max Frames to 999999999 (that's nine 9s) and hit Generate. It will take a long while to find the spreads, so just do something else instead. After it's done, you can save the data in a text file, then, add nine 0's to the 1 for Starting frame, then hit generate again. The Reporter will crash if you search for 1000000000 but not if you stay 1 below that number. :P Just do that until you went through all 4294967296.

It's a slow method, but you'll be sure you find every one of them. :)
Thanks so much for the tip. May as well give this a shot to see how far I can go. I've been craving playing Emerald again in a new way.

Thanks so much for the tip. May as well give this a shot to see how far I can go. I've been craving playing Emerald again in a new way.
Don't forget to set a Synchronizer too if you're doing it on Emerald. A spread that might appear once in a regular list might suddenly appear 20 more times if you use a synchronizer. Not every spread is synchable though, but a lot of them are. :)

Don't forget to set a Synchronizer too if you're doing it on Emerald. A spread that might appear once in a regular list might suddenly appear 20 more times if you use a synchronizer. Not every spread is synchable though, but a lot of them are. :)
I assume the method is H-2? That's the only method I can pick a synch.

I assume the method is H-2? That's the only method I can pick a synch.
Both method H-2 and H-4 work. In most cases, the game will pick H-2, but there are some spreads where it might pick H-4. Generally, aim for H-2 and if you're really desperate, you can always try H-4 if your frames aren't too far off your target.

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Yea use 4th Gen -> PID to IVs / Seed. You type in the Nature and IVs you want, and it will spit out a PID, Method and Seed. You are aiming for a Method 2 or Method 4 spread for wild Emerald encounters.

To find exactly where the spread is + what encounter slot it is, use Thomaz's method :P

Yea use 4th Gen -> PID to IVs / Seed. You type in the Nature and IVs you want, and it will spit out a PID, Method and Seed. You are aiming for a Method 2 or Method 4 spread for wild Emerald encounters.

To find exactly where the spread is + what encounter slot it is, use Thomaz's method :P
Well as a test run I was looking for a nice spread for a Trapinch that I'll catch in Mirage Tower and maybe Magikarp if I can still use the same spread I worked for. I read that having an ID/SID for said method would mean you're committed to that method. The method for what I want would be H-2 I guess? From the Jolly spreads I'm seeing (in the hundred millions with synch) best I found was an HP Grass Jolly spread without synch. So yeah I'm overwhelmed with the limits Gen 3 spreads have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)