Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Well as a test run I was looking for a nice spread for a Trapinch that I'll catch in Mirage Tower and maybe Magikarp if I can still use the same spread I worked for. I read that having an ID/SID for said method would mean you're committed to that method. The method for what I want would be H-2 I guess? From the Jolly spreads I'm seeing (in the hundred millions with synch) best I found was an HP Grass Jolly spread without synch. So yeah I'm overwhelmed with the limits Gen 3 spreads have.
Yep, if you RNG to make a Method 2 spread shiny, then you can only hope that you get Method 2 lol. And yea there is usually a flawless one somewhere but it could be over a billion frames.

Yep, if you RNG to make a Method 2 spread shiny, then you can only hope that you get Method 2 lol. And yea there is usually a flawless one somewhere but it could be over a billion frames.
One more question, would a Method 2 spread also count for all the other encounter types with wild pokemon like Sweet Scent grass and Sweet Scent water or fishing?

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
One more question, would a Method 2 spread also count for all the other encounter types with wild pokemon like Sweet Scent grass and Sweet Scent water or fishing?
Yea, basically any wild Pokemon (cave, grass, surf, fishing) will generate by Method H-2 or H-4 most of the time, about 50% each. Method H-1 is rare. So it's up to luck basically

For Gen 6's Pseudo-RNG abuse for eggs, the generated spread won't change unless you actually claim an egg, right?
Say I roll M/F/F/5/M/M, unless I claim an egg, the very next spread will always be that M/F/F/5/M/M even if I save elsewhere or do other things?

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
For Gen 6's Pseudo-RNG abuse for eggs, the generated spread won't change unless you actually claim an egg, right?
Say I roll M/F/F/5/M/M, unless I claim an egg, the very next spread will always be that M/F/F/5/M/M even if I save elsewhere or do other things?
Yes; although it's set when the previous egg is collected (or file start, yaddah yaddah...); so if the daycare couple have an egg ready for collection and you save, that egg will have a fixed spread, but any subsequent ones will change.

I plan to abuse a Platinum, HG and SS games. Where do I start for finding a TID/SID for shiny spreads?

I've done minor RNG in the past in 4th gen too, but never bothered to make a new file for the shiny spread abusing. I'd really appreciate if I could be linked to quickstart guides or something, or include tips so it isnt that painful <_<

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
I plan to abuse a Platinum, HG and SS games. Where do I start for finding a TID/SID for shiny spreads?

I've done minor RNG in the past in 4th gen too, but never bothered to make a new file for the shiny spread abusing. I'd really appreciate if I could be linked to quickstart guides or something, or include tips so it isnt that painful <_<
There is a guide on the Smogon website, you might want to check it out. :)

First of all, you want to find yourself a spread which you want to have shiny. Once you've done that, copy the PID of the Seed and place it in Pandora's Box; Shiny PID. Check the Infinite search button and set a minimum delay of 5000. I can walk you through it step by step if you want.

EDIT:

SO, I'm RNG abusing Rotom, used the rebattle code for the second time, also uses this spread for the second time. First time using this spread, no trouble at all. Now, I can't even get the frame that I need.

Seed: A21504F7
Delay: 1255
Time: 2016 03 23 21:43:50

Timer is set at;
Calibrated Delay: 574
Calibrated Second: 14
Target Delay: 1255
Target Second: 50

Now, the frame I need for my Rotom is 110. When I do 109 advancements, I get frame 109. When I do 110 advancements, I get frame 18? What's going on here? I checked IVs and Characteristics.

Last edited:
EDIT:

SO, I'm RNG abusing Rotom, used the rebattle code for the second time, also uses this spread for the second time. First time using this spread, no trouble at all. Now, I can't even get the frame that I need.

Seed: A21504F7
Delay: 1255
Time: 2016 03 23 21:43:50

Timer is set at;
Calibrated Delay: 574
Calibrated Second: 14
Target Delay: 1255
Target Second: 50

Now, the frame I need for my Rotom is 110. When I do 109 advancements, I get frame 109. When I do 110 advancements, I get frame 18? What's going on here? I checked IVs and Characteristics.
You don't mention your target spread or what lead you're using, but I'm gonna go ahead and guess that you selected a Timid sync lead in RNG reporter but forgot to use one in-game.

There is a guide on the Smogon website, you might want to check it out. :)

First of all, you want to find yourself a spread which you want to have shiny. Once you've done that, copy the PID of the Seed and place it in Pandora's Box; Shiny PID. Check the Infinite search button and set a minimum delay of 5000. I can walk you through it step by step if you want.
Tutoring would be highly appreciated :D !
I'll start by tomorrow morning I guess <:

It's been a long time since I've RNG abused but I was planning on buying Platinum and either HG/SS for Gen 4 abuse. Can I still find out my shiny spread on a retail cart? And besides Dream Radar pokemon, is there anything worth abusing in gen 5?

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
It's been a long time since I've RNG abused but I was planning on buying Platinum and either HG/SS for Gen 4 abuse. Can I still find out my shiny spread on a retail cart? And besides Dream Radar pokemon, is there anything worth abusing in gen 5?
You can either :

1. Catch a random Pokemon, transfer to 6th gen and get someone here to check your TID / SID for you.
2. Use DS flashcart + Pokesav / Pokegen to check your TID / SID for you.
3. Use the Red Gyarados method to check your TID / SID for you.

So yep, it's not a problem at all to check what shiny spreads you have. RNGing your TID / SID is not very hard either, they come in pairs so you will always know if you hit the right one, even on retail.

As for 5th gen I am not really sure but from memory I don't think there is anything else except the events such as Genesect, Keldeo, Meloetta and random things like Hurricane Mewtwo if anyone really wants them.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Shiny legendary Pokémon, always better than those regular Pentagon ones. And you can capture male Pokémon in a fancy ball.

Is it feasible to RNG abuse Wondercards on Platinum if you've only gone passed one gym and are stranded in Jubilife? If not, how far do I need to advance to be able to?
I wanna start a new file but I've some unclaimed wondercards, namely a SMR2010 Draco Meteor Jirachi and an Aura Sphere Shiny Raikou.

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Is it feasible to RNG abuse Wondercards on Platinum if you've only gone passed one gym and are stranded in Jubilife? If not, how far do I need to advance to be able to?
I wanna start a new file but I've some unclaimed wondercards, namely a SMR2010 Draco Meteor Jirachi and an Aura Sphere Shiny Raikou.
Not that I remember very well, but if you can definitely receive the gift, and have the Poketch coin flip app to check your seed + do frame advancements, I don't see why not?

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Well, Pastoria City for the Coin Flip app.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the coin flip app requires Rock Climb in order to reach the suite @ Lake Valor where it's located, meaning it would technically be 7 gyms into the game.

If you have an old DS action replay sitting around, you can always use the walk through walls code to pick it up sooner than later though.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the coin flip app requires Rock Climb in order to reach the suite @ Lake Valor where it's located, meaning it would technically be 7 gyms into the game.

If you have an old DS action replay sitting around, you can always use the walk through walls code to pick it up sooner than later though.
Cheers, I just might. Clearing 75% of the game for two wondercards is a bit too much.

If I have the PID of an egg, how do I determine the TID/SID(s) that would hatch it as a shiny?

I haven't been able to find a calculator or tutorial on this anywhere, which baffles me. I've only been able to find tutorials on determing your SID using a captured shiny pokemom, along with a couple of "shiny value" calculators that require all three values to determine a match. I want to combine trading with Pandora's Box to turn perfect IV eggs into shiny perfect IV eggs.

Last edited:

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
If I have the PID of an egg, how do I determine the TID/SID(s) that would hatch it as a shiny?

I haven't been able to find a calculator or tutorial on this anywhere, which baffles me. I've only been able to find tutorials on determing your SID using a captured shiny pokemom, along with a couple of "shiny value" calculators that require all three values to determine a match. I want to combine trading with Pandora's Box to turn perfect IV eggs into shiny perfect IV eggs.
Because there is a ridiculous amount of combinations that will make your PID shiny.

http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpphgss_rng_part4

This is a good guide for Gen 4. If you are looking for Gen 3, the method varies based on the game but it's not really feasible to do it on retail Emerald or FR/LG. Ruby and Sapphire is fine though.

Unknown Warrior , you can use Chatot's to verify your seed as well but it would be painful. So painful that I would rather just play through the game :P

Last edited:
Because there is a ridiculous amount of combinations that will make your PID shiny.

http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpphgss_rng_part4

This is a good guide for Gen 4. If you are looking for Gen 3, the method varies based on the game but it's not really feasible to do it on retail Emerald or FR/LG. Ruby and Sapphire is fine though.

Unknown Warrior , you can use Chatot's to verify your seed as well but it would be painful. So painful that I would rather just play through the game :P
Turns out that in RNG Reporter's Pandora's Box menu, there's an option to search by PID for every generation. Total derp on my part.

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 23)