Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I guess I should have made it a bit clearer, sorry.

First = Ability 0
Second = Ability 1

If you run a search in the program for a specific ability, you will see the results are all 0 if you search for First and 1 if you search for Second.

Yes, the first 10 IRNG advances are used to generate the flip sequence.

*EDIT* I have done a quick update to make it clear which ability is which and changed the download link in my earlier post.

I waited a while before posting this because I thought it was just coincidence or bad luck, but I'm currently resetting for a certain Breeding spread for the first time and I'm having a problem.

My target has Delay 628 on Frame 3. The very first time I reset, I hit the right delay but Frame 2. So, I took out my GBA cart because I thought I read somewhere that that would change the even/odd frame. The problem is, now I can't seem to hit anything but odd delays. I usually hit something like 629, 631, and 633, but never anything even in between. Does the GBA cart affect this as well?
Do I need to try for a different target frame, or is it just bad luck and I need to press on?
You read terribly wrong. Taking out your gba cart makes the delay switch from odd to even or even to odd, which happened to you. It does not affect the frame at all, and you just misread.
I hate to bring this up again, but I just want to make sure that I don't sit here for too long hoping to hit a spread that I will never get.

I have successfully hit my target time and delay several times, 17 seconds at delay 628. However, I keep hitting Frame 2 instead of 3, which is my target, even though during calibration 3 was my most common frame. Am I going to hit frame 2 on this delay every time, or is this just bad luck?

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus
I guess I should have made it a bit clearer, sorry.

First = Ability 0
Second = Ability 1

If you run a search in the program for a specific ability, you will see the results are all 0 if you search for First and 1 if you search for Second.

Yes, the first 10 IRNG advances are used to generate the flip sequence.

*EDIT* I have done a quick update to make it clear which ability is which and changed the download link in my earlier post.
Ah yes, just wanted to be sure about that :'D Thanks again!

I hate to bring this up again, but I just want to make sure that I don't sit here for too long hoping to hit a spread that I will never get.

I have successfully hit my target time and delay several times, 17 seconds at delay 628. However, I keep hitting Frame 2 instead of 3, which is my target, even though during calibration 3 was my most common frame. Am I going to hit frame 2 on this delay every time, or is this just bad luck?
The frame is not determined by the time you reset the game, only by what goes on after the continue screen. (NPCs, Journal Flips)

If you keep hitting frame 2, it's because you're getting the egg continuously at that particular frame before any NPCs move. Just re-save again before you get the egg from him and hope the frame changes to three. If you can keep your frame consistent like that, it's a good thing :0

Thanks for answering Rona.
I've succeeded in hitting frame 3 by waiting just a moment before collecting the egg, so hopefully I should hit my delay again soon!

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
is a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
If the ID and SID of a wondercard pokemon was known, would it be possible to input them into the RNG Reporter to get that pokemon shiny?
Except for the Milotics (and other wondercard gifts that are always shiny), no. The system that generates the Wonder Card PID is designed to give non-shiny only.

@MinusOne: Amazing work. Well done. I look forward to testing it out. I assume it's basically a time finder for a particular shiny egg, where you can choose your seed rather then just being lucky. Can't wait to try it out.

So, I've been SRing for IVs (breeding) for a while. I've hit my delay and seconds like at least 20 times, but EVERYTIME I've been one frame ahead of what I need.

Is there an easy way to reduce my frame?
This just happens sometimes. I don't think they're impossible to hit, but maybe re-save, or go for another spread/frame instead.

What exactly does re-saving do?
Isn't frame based on how many times NPCs move after continuing?
Resaving will change what frame you are on most likely, so you either go for a different spread or for example, if you're going for 5, get saved on 1 or 3 with the journal popping up and advance it to 5.

So, is my frame defined when I save?
And I'm still a bit confused... if I re-save, will it save me at my current frame? Or some random frame?

Just when I started to understand basic RNG abuse, it sends me a curve ball. .__.
It tends to go to a seemingly random frame. I suppose it's possible to guess your next frame based on NPC movements, but I haven't been able to do it consistently nor have I heard of anyone else doing it. I suggest going after a higher frame (10+). If it's odd, land on an odd frame. If even, land on an even frame. You can then use the journal trick to advance the frame to your target.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
EDIT: Just to clarify, the journals initial appearance does NOT increase the frame?
It does if there's a caught\defeated entry on the first page. We just include them in the frame count because they're going to increase the frames no matter what.

Also, way to research, Sephirona!

Sephirona

is a Top Artist Alumnus
Thanks, Omega :> Inspired by your idea, though~

Since I'm feeling all nice and psyched about the RNG right now, I'd like to tackle catching wild non-legendary Pokemon in cool Pokeballs :0 Colorful matching appeals to my senses.
Now it's one thing to have the Pokemon all ready for you to talk to, but it's another thing to not be able to control what you encounter.

The encounter part's the only thing that makes me a bit nervous. From what I read on the OP, Sweet Scenting advances the RNG by 7 but it hasn't been fully tested.

I can try testing that later for fun, but for now - if I hit the right seed (delay, seconds, etc) the first pokemon I encounter (without Sweet Scenting) should be the right one, right? Since you find your initial seed by checking the first Pokemon you catch anyway. This is assuming there are no NPCs in the area (outside the Pokemon League, Trophy Garden, etc.) and that I didn't have to run 128 steps with Pokemon in my party to encounter my first wild Pokemon, since 128 steps advances the RNG by the number of Pokemon in my party. .-. If I walk less than 128 steps with Pokemon in my party, it shouldn't affect my frame, right? Or are my assumptions about walking incorrect?

Thanks in advance~ :>

Can the Emloop tool also be used for IV abuse or something that needs you to hit a consistent delay?
That was exactly what I was trying to clarify by sharing what I did with the Emloop timer, in the hopes that other people could also learn to use it to control hitting higher seconds and delays. @_@
It's perfect for normal seconds and delays too. I'm sure that's something like the Emloop Timer's original purpose.

Thanks, Omega :> Inspired by your idea, though~

Since I'm feeling all nice and psyched about the RNG right now, I'd like to tackle catching wild non-legendary Pokemon in cool Pokeballs :0 Colorful matching appeals to my senses.
Now it's one thing to have the Pokemon all ready for you to talk to, but it's another thing to not be able to control what you encounter.

The encounter part's the only thing that makes me a bit nervous. From what I read on the OP, Sweet Scenting advances the RNG by 7 but it hasn't been fully tested.

I can try testing that later for fun, but for now - if I hit the right seed (delay, seconds, etc) the first pokemon I encounter (without Sweet Scenting) should be the right one, right? Since you find your initial seed by checking the first Pokemon you catch anyway. This is assuming there are no NPCs in the area (outside the Pokemon League, Trophy Garden, etc.) and that I didn't have to run 128 steps with Pokemon in my party to encounter my first wild Pokemon, since 128 steps advances the RNG by the number of Pokemon in my party. .-. If I walk less than 128 steps with Pokemon in my party, it shouldn't affect my frame, right? Or are my assumptions about walking incorrect?

Thanks in advance~ :>

That was exactly what I was trying to clarify by sharing what I did with the Emloop timer, in the hopes that other people could also learn to use it to control hitting higher seconds and delays. @_@
It's perfect for normal seconds and delays too. I'm sure that's something like the Emloop Timer's original purpose.
I have no idea why it works as it does, but I can say that is does not work like that. From all my testing with Heatran I always got random pokes from the first sweet scent I did. For example, sometimes the offset of the pokemon I sweet scented was 11, sometimes it was 7, sometimes it was 70+ from what I remember the highest being over 100, without any NPCs, without moving at all just instantly sweet scenting.

Sweet scenting always advanced my frame by 5. But this is for Method J. I have no idea how much it would've changed if it was method one, if there is any difference.

Also I believe that caves and grass act differently in terms of frame advancement.

I would help you test, but I'm procrastinating from my work already :\

Sephirona

is a Top Artist Alumnus
I have no idea why it works as it does, but I can say that is does not work like that. From all my testing with Heatran I always got random pokes from the first sweet scent I did. For example, sometimes the offset of the pokemon I sweet scented was 11, sometimes it was 7, sometimes it was 70+ from what I remember the highest being over 100, without any NPCs, without moving at all just instantly sweet scenting.

Sweet scenting always advanced my frame by 5. But this is for Method J. I have no idea how much it would've changed if it was method one, if there is any difference.

Also I believe that caves and grass act differently in terms of frame advancement.

I would help you test, but I'm procrastinating from my work already :\
Ah yeah, I just went and re-read the OP and saw that, silly me for overlooking it. So I'd need to encounter a Pokemon immediately upon moving after advance using the journal if I want to hit the right spread? xP Blehh.

No idea what the best way to do that would be besides the White Flute. Did everyone with lovely Pokemon in cool Pokeballs just keep trying to encounter a wild Pokemon in their first step? DX

Mm, too bad that the Sweet Scenting isn't more consistent :/
So you advanced the frames by five per Sweet Scent, but the Pokemon you encountered with Sweet Scent also wasn't the one you normally might have encountered had you walked a step and met a Pokemon immediately on the next frame? Whatt. :<

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ah yeah, I just went and re-read the OP and saw that, silly me for overlooking it. So I'd need to encounter a Pokemon immediately upon moving after advance using the journal if I want to hit the right spread? xP Blehh.

No idea what the best way to do that would be besides the White Flute. Did everyone with lovely Pokemon in cool Pokeballs just keep trying to encounter a wild Pokemon in their first step? DX

Mm, too bad that the Sweet Scenting isn't more consistent :/
So you advanced the frames by five per Sweet Scent, but the Pokemon you encountered with Sweet Scent also wasn't the one you normally might have encountered had you walked a step and met a Pokemon immediately on the next frame? Whatt. :<
Sweet Scent actually IS consistent. The "inconsistent" frames are because of the way Method J works.

It basically takes the Method 1 list, but it uses part of the seed to decide on a nature to look for. Every time a nature in the list isn't that nature, it advances the RNG one frame to get to the next one in the list. So let's say it looks for an Adamant nature:

Frame 1: Is it Adamant? No, it's Gentle.
Frame 2: Is it Adamant? No, it's Jolly.
Frame 3: Is it Adamant? No, it's Lax.
Frame 4: Is it Adamant? No, it's Serious.
Frame 5: Is it Adamant? Yes it is!

This is how a Method J frame of 5 can have an offset of 26.

Hi guys, just a quick one -

I've got my initial seed, have synched my times and reset. I've checked with the coin flips that I have done it right so far. Now I want to reach frame 355. I flipped my coin 20 times, and they all matched. Now when I go onto the journal/walking bit to reach 355, do I start from frame 20 or 1?

Hi guys, just a quick one -

I've got my initial seed, have synched my times and reset. I've checked with the coin flips that I have done it right so far. Now I want to reach frame 355. I flipped my coin 20 times, and they all matched. Now when I go onto the journal/walking bit to reach 355, do I start from frame 20 or 1?
Just frame 1, the coin flip doesn't advance the frame for legends or any other wild Pokémon.

Sephirona

is a Top Artist Alumnus
Sweet Scent actually IS consistent. The "inconsistent" frames are because of the way Method J works.

It basically takes the Method 1 list, but it uses part of the seed to decide on a nature to look for. Every time a nature in the list isn't that nature, it advances the RNG one frame to get to the next one in the list. So let's say it looks for an Adamant nature:

Frame 1: Is it Adamant? No, it's Gentle.
Frame 2: Is it Adamant? No, it's Jolly.
Frame 3: Is it Adamant? No, it's Lax.
Frame 4: Is it Adamant? No, it's Serious.
Frame 5: Is it Adamant? Yes it is!

This is how a Method J frame of 5 can have an offset of 26.
I apologize in advance if I ask a nonsensical/stupid/redundant question. D; But here goes.

I'm a little confused. If I'm not using a syncher, what would be the discrepancy between me encountering a Pokemon at frame 6 without Sweet Scent, and me Sweet Scenting at frame 1 and encountering the Pokemon, if, for example, Sweet Scenting is consistent and advances by 5? Extra calls are made becauses of Method J but...the same thing doesn't happen for a Legendary?

What then is difference between encountering a Legendary through Method J and encountering a wild Pokemon through Method J, besides the advancing of the RNG through walking one step though grass/water/caves? D:

Does this mean that the people who caught their target Pokemon in good Pokeballs had to hit their initial seed, advance the frames before walking, and hope they'd encounter a wild pokemon upon their next step forward? Assuming there are no NPCs in the area. *_*

Thanks to this awesome thread, and some great members here (mingot for starting and updating this thread, and Althos for tutoring me a bit about the coin flips and journal), I've managed to nab myself a lovely Naive HP Elec 70 Heatran :) 6 / 22 / 26 / 31 / 31 / 30. I can't believe it actually worked!!

I apologize in advance if I ask a nonsensical/stupid/redundant question. D; But here goes.

I'm a little confused. If I'm not using a syncher, what would be the discrepancy between me encountering a Pokemon at frame 6 without Sweet Scent, and me Sweet Scenting at frame 1 and encountering the Pokemon, if, for example, Sweet Scenting is consistent and advances by 5? Extra calls are made becauses of Method J but...the same thing doesn't happen for a Legendary?

What then is difference between encountering a Legendary through Method J and encountering a wild Pokemon through Method J, besides the advancing of the RNG through walking one step though grass/water/caves? D:

Does this mean that the people who caught their target Pokemon in good Pokeballs had to hit their initial seed, advance the frames before walking, and hope they'd encounter a wild pokemon upon their next step forward? Assuming there are no NPCs in the area. *_*

Ok, the advancing of wild pokemon with sweet scent has been found out for a while, just may not be in OP.

When turn of the game and turn it back on, if you sweet scent, the pokemons frame would be 2. After you battle one pokemon, the next sweet scent will advance it by +7 of the method 1 frame.

Then there is the turning and walking stuff that advances by 1. When going for an odd frame, just turn once to make it even.
Like 101 would be
101-2 = 99 (sweet scent)
99-1= 98 (turn)
98/2= 48 flips of journal

-Tested Fishing-

Both even and odd delay got me to get frame 4 for the first pokemon caught.

After I received the desired egg from RNG abusing process (using fast egg hatch and 100% catch rate cheat).

Will my pokemon considered as a legit pokemon??(I hatch and breed it normally after the RNG abuse process)

Dark-Ryu

Spammer
Alright, yesterday i was trying to catch an Impish Uxie, but for some weird reason the DPPt finder doesnt display any results =/
I'm using an Impish synch and my data is 14 seconds 606 delay

Whats happening =(?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)